PDA

View Full Version : So uhh, why can't we keep all our quarterbacks?

sneakers
03-20-2012, 03:44 AM
Because one of the QB's may be like this after his first hit:

http://listfav.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/t1000-shatter.jpg

MileHighGuy
03-20-2012, 06:05 AM
LOL, u want to keep Tebow??? :elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elef ant::elefant::elefant:

DisturbedShifty
03-20-2012, 06:09 AM
LOL, u want to keep Tebow??? :elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elef ant::elefant::elefant:

While I am not a Tebow fan by a long shot, Denver SHOULD keep him. Hurt feeling or not. He could learn a lot from Manning. Hell he might even learn to stay in the pocket and throw like a real NFL quarterback, like Elway wants.

MileHighGuy
03-20-2012, 06:14 AM
While I am not a Tebow fan by a long shot, Denver SHOULD keep him. Hurt feeling or not. He could learn a lot from Manning. Hell he might even learn to stay in the pocket and throw like a real NFL quarterback, like Elway wants.

What about cap space? We need to make free agent signings, not keep worthless backup QB's.

sneakers
03-20-2012, 06:19 AM
What about cap space? We need to make free agent signings, not keep worthless backup QB's.

So give me an example if you would of a non-worthless backup quarterback that could be signed for less money, and would still provide the ability to win games if Peyton was injured.

edit: I hear Cleo Lemons is still available.

MileHighGuy
03-20-2012, 06:24 AM
So give me an example if you would of a non-worthless backup quarterback that could be signed for less money, and would still provide the ability to win games if Peyton was injured.

edit: I hear Cleo Lemons is still available.

Rex Grossman. The man can throw a helluva better than Timmy.

Dan Orlovsky played well in his few starts in Indy

Chad Henne

Sage Rosefels

Anyone but that turdburglar Tim

DisturbedShifty
03-20-2012, 06:27 AM
Rex Grossman. The man can throw a helluva better than Timmy.

Dan Orlovsky played well in his few starts in Indy

Chad Henne

Sage Rosefels

Anyone but that turdburglar Tim
Henne signed with Jacksonville last week.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Sneakers.

Sometimes mommies and daddies just can't get along anymore. We want you to know that it's not your fault and that we love you very, very much. We are still going to be very much a part of your life, we just won't be living in the same city any more. You'll still see us both and know that this is the best thing for everyone.

MasterShake
03-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Sneakers.

Sometimes mommies and daddies just can't get along anymore. We want you to know that it's not your fault and that we love you very, very much. We are still going to be very much a part of your life, we just won't be living in the same city any more. You'll still see us both and know that this is the best thing for everyone.

wayninja is right, Sneakers. Remember the time we sent Jake Plummer to go live on the farm? Its kind of like that.

vandammage13
03-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Its actually a fair question...There really is no reason we shouldn't keep Tebow unless he expresses that he doesn't want to be here, and even then, it's not up to him because he's under contract.

I don't really get trading him....The guy has shown he can go out and win games with little prep time, and that is exactly what you need out of a backup.

Jsteve01
03-20-2012, 09:32 AM
I'll tell you why. It's quite simple really. It has nothing to do with a huge desire by Elway and Fox to dump Tebow. Nothing. It has everything to do with a large segment of his rabid fan base that is beyond rational thought. These knuckle draggers that I've heard calling John every name in the book, putting forth ridiculous conspiracy theories about John's jealousy of Tim, and even wishing injury or death on John and Peyton. The sickening thing is these idiots love Tim the football player, but have somehow missed everything else that the guy stands for.

Cugel
03-20-2012, 09:49 AM
wayninja is right, Sneakers. Remember the time we sent Jake Plummer to go live on the farm? Its kind of like that.

That was even funnier than Wayninja's previous post! :laugh: :laugh:

Cugel
03-20-2012, 09:59 AM
I'll tell you why. It's quite simple really. It has nothing to do with a huge desire by Elway and Fox to dump Tebow. Nothing. It has everything to do with a large segment of his rabid fan base that is beyond rational thought. These knuckle draggers that I've heard calling John every name in the book, putting forth ridiculous conspiracy theories about John's jealousy of Tim, and even wishing injury or death on John and Peyton. The sickening thing is these idiots love Tim the football player, but have somehow missed everything else that the guy stands for.

I hate to have to say this, but that's not entirely right. There's a part of fundamentalist Christianity that feels that they are constantly being martyred. They are LOOKING for conspiracy theories because they are an oppressed minority (actually Christians form a majority of about 70% of the population). And they're NEVER going to accept that the Broncos decisions about Tebow are not secretly about THEM.

And since Tebow is "one of us" then the Broncos not starting him, not praising him constantly and finally getting rid of him -- in short treating him just like any other player in the NFL instead of their special hero -- enrages them. :rolleyes:

Certainly not all Tebow fans fit into this category -- and I'm NOT pointing a finger at anybody in particular on this forum.

But a lot of his fundamentalist Christian fans do seem to feel this way. And that makes it hard for the organization to deal with Tebow like they would any other player. They have to be constantly on their toes not to "say the wrong thing" -- something that might be considered even indirectly as criticizing Tebow, or not praising him sufficiently.

Yet it's a normal part of football to criticize the short-comings of players. This is a tough league both physically and mentally, and it's not for wimps and people with fragile easily bruised feelings. Tim understands this and doesn't have a problem, but many of his fans do not. So, the fans make it hard on the Broncos organization.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 09:59 AM

Exactly. EFX are afraid. They fear for their safety if they don't trade Tebow. That somehow makes sense.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Certainly not all Tebow fans fit into this category -- and I'm NOT pointing a finger at anybody in particular on this forum.

That's certainly a relief given that I haven't seen a single poster int his form (or really any others) use christianity as any kind of rationale for playing Tebow.

Cugel
03-20-2012, 10:06 AM
There's a couple of other reasons to trade Tebow:

#1 -- Tebow was the starter last season and deserves to be traded to a team where he can try and win a starting job. That's what he wants. He's not going to be happy sitting on the bench for the next 3 years. And there's no reason why he should be.

#2 -- despite the current injury concerns, Peyton Manning until his neck injury started well over 100 consecutive games and played every snap. His backups never saw the field. How happy will Tebow be sitting on the bench and never playing for maybe the next 3 years?

And if he's NOT happy, how happy are his fans going to be? Who needs the controversy every time Manning has a bad game? (And even the best have bad games from time to time. I think Brady threw 4 ints in one loss this season. Didn't stop him from getting to the SB).

#3 -- If the Broncos are going to part ways with Tebow NOW is the time to do it while he's reasonably fresh and might get something in return, and while he still has a couple of years left on his contract so his cap hit to the team and any team that might want him isn't too great.

Those are all logical reasons. Now is the time to get rid of Tim and move on. And that's what they are going to do.

BroncoStud
03-20-2012, 10:09 AM

Clueless...

Tebow is cheaper than most backups and his contract is incentive-based, we won't be able to replace him for a cheaper pricetag... Try and keep up. I understand it takes a lot of energy to HATE someone so much, did Tebow mushroom-stamp you at a party or something?

Cugel
03-20-2012, 10:11 AM
That's certainly a relief given that I haven't seen a single poster int his form (or really any others) use christianity as any kind of rationale for playing Tebow.

I only said that to make it clear that I'm not lumping in all Tebow fans together and I'm not aiming any criticism at Tebow fans on this forum.

But, you are living in a fantasy world if you don't think that many fundamentalist Christians ARE making that argument. There are LOTS of such people on the official forum and they have swamped sports radio and TV shows with their complaints. Its a BIG deal.

Tebow is a HUGE hero for the fundamentalist Christian right.

If you live in Denver you've seen local TV broadcasts of women who aren't even football fans who've driven for 1000 miles to see Tebow at Broncos camp "because we're Christians and he's a good Christian role model."

That's a big part of his fan base and always has been. And they are difficult to deal with.

Why do you think many of his most extreme fans are so irrational? It's because they are not applying normal football criteria to judge whether the Broncos are treating Tebow fairly.

Chef Zambini
03-20-2012, 10:11 AM
I hate to have to say this, but that's not entirely right. There's a part of fundamentalist Christianity that feels that they are constantly being martyred. They are LOOKING for conspiracy theories because they are an oppressed minority (actually Christians form a majority of about 70% of the population). And they're NEVER going to accept that the Broncos decisions about Tebow are not secretly about THEM.

And since Tebow is "one of us" then the Broncos not starting him, not praising him constantly and finally getting rid of him -- in short treating him just like any other player in the NFL instead of their special hero -- enrages them. :rolleyes:

But a lot of his fundamentalist Christian fans do seem to feel this way. And that makes it hard for the organization to deal with Tebow like they would any other player. They have to be constantly on their toes not to "say the wrong thing" -- something that might be considered even indirectly as criticizing Tebow, or not praising him sufficiently.

Yet it's a normal part of football to criticize the short-comings of players. This is a tough league both physically and mentally, and it's not for wimps and people with fragile easily bruised feelings. Tim understands this and doesn't have a problem, but many of his fans do not. So, the fans make it hard on the Broncos organization.bravo well said, hit the nail on the head! his ludicrous followers, the dont know squat about football hero worshippers make it almost impossible to conduct buisness .
the tebow freaks are a PAIN IN THE NECK, and thats the last thing manning needs.

Chef Zambini
03-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Clueless...

Tebow is cheaper than most backups and his contract is incentive-based, we won't be able to replace him for a cheaper pricetag... Try and keep up. I understand it takes a lot of energy to HATE someone so much, did Tebow mushroom-stamp you at a party or something?if timmy played for free the broncos would NOT want him around because of the circus that follows him around! hello? are you not listening/ well of course, you are a tebow zeaLOT apparantly!

wayninja
03-20-2012, 10:23 AM
I only said that to make it clear that I'm not lumping in all Tebow fans together and I'm not aiming any criticism at Tebow fans on this forum.

But, you are living in a fantasy world if you don't think that many fundamentalist Christians ARE making that argument. There are LOTS of such people on the official forum and they have swamped sports radio and TV shows with their complaints. Its a BIG deal.

Tebow is a HUGE hero for the fundamentalist Christian right.

If you live in Denver you've seen local TV broadcasts of women who aren't even football fans who've driven for 1000 miles to see Tebow at Broncos camp "because we're Christians and he's a good Christian role model."

That's a big part of his fan base and always has been. And they are difficult to deal with.

Why do you think many of his most extreme fans are so irrational? It's because they are not applying normal football criteria to judge whether the Broncos are treating Tebow fairly.

Then I guess this explains all the irrational hate for him as well. Again, I haven't seen anyone on this forum use Christianity to justify anything about Tebow.

Anyone beside you that is.

BroncoStud
03-20-2012, 10:38 AM
if timmy played for free the broncos would NOT want him around because of the circus that follows him around! hello? are you not listening/ well of course, you are a tebow zeaLOT apparantly!

Yes, I only started watching the Broncos when Tebow was drafted... :rolleyes:

What circus? Tebow would have been given ample time to develop if it weren't for the SUCK of Kyle Orton. If drafted behind a guy like Manning or Brady the circus would have been completely managable. I hear and see EXACTLY what's going on, I just don't agree with the way it's going down. Tebow isn't the distraction and a few years behind Manning could be exactly what he needs.

Chef Zambini
03-20-2012, 10:44 AM
tebow wont get reps behind manning, thats why he and luck would not have worked! you dont have both eyers open and something is blocking your hearing from those who have explained why tebow wont progress holding a clip-board.
bottom line, as great a dude as timmy is, EFX dont want him around! fugurte it out! the kids followers are a HUGE distraction !
face reality!
his own fans have made him undesirable.

Ravage!!!
03-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Its actually a fair question...There really is no reason we shouldn't keep Tebow unless he expresses that he doesn't want to be here, and even then, it's not up to him because he's under contract.

I don't really get trading him....The guy has shown he can go out and win games with little prep time, and that is exactly what you need out of a backup.

Teams never keep the incumbant QB when they have been replaced. It causes a QB controversy right from the start, and even when EVERYONE knows that Manning is by far the better QB, and will be the starter, it would be a ridiculous media frenzy every day (EVERY DAY) at practice with the questions and the updates and the watching ... and and and.

We've seen it many times in the past with nearly every team in the NFL has at one time or another, replaced the incumbent QB with someone new, and its VERY VERY rare that any team keeps the player that was there. We've already seen it on the boards "the first time Manning throws an INT, I'm g oing to be all over him." The first turnover, the first bad throw, the first loss.... there will be a ridiculous "bring in the back-up" mantra by upset fans. At least with Tebow gone, there isn't the "tebow" to call for. There isn't the media frenzy of questions surrounding the coach and players "will Tebow start due to the INT?" Who wants to deal with that crap?

Teams don't like those kind of distractions. Elway doesn't like those kind of distractions, Fox doesn't like those kinds of distractions, Manning certainly doesn't like those kind of distractions.. NO ONE likes those kinds of distractions. Its why Tebow is referred to as a "political nightmare"... not because of him as a person, but because EVERY word you state, every tiny word, is meticulously analyzed and combed over. Its tiring, and its wearing, and its not something teams want surrounding their organization.

BroncoStud
03-20-2012, 11:00 AM
tebow wont get reps behind manning, thats why he and luck would not have worked! you dont have both eyers open and something is blocking your hearing from those who have explained why tebow wont progress holding a clip-board.
bottom line, as great a dude as timmy is, EFX dont want him around! fugurte it out! the kids followers are a HUGE distraction !
face reality!
his own fans have made him undesirable.

Zam let's try English dude...

ShooterJM
03-20-2012, 11:38 AM
You never keep your previous starter on the roster when you're going in another direction. Causes too much political issues and second guessing. It's the same reason once you never see someone "win" a starting job in training camp over an incumbant.

Wait a second......