PDA

View Full Version : House

girler
04-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Holy ****! I just watched "Simple Explanation" from last night and I really need to talk to someone about it. I wish I still did some kind of mood altering medication. :doh:

Broncolingus
04-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Holy ****! I just watched "Simple Explanation" from last night and I really need to talk to someone about it. I wish I still did some kind of mood altering medication. :doh:

I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about, but I'm here Huckleberry...

girler
04-07-2009, 08:01 PM
I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about, but I'm here Huckleberry...

SPOILER

Well, the actor who plays one of the main characters took a job with the Obama administration- which is pretty cool. But I had NO IDEA until after I watched the damn show where the character killed himself and totally freaked me out. :tsk:

Broncolingus
04-07-2009, 08:05 PM
SPOILER

Well, the actor who plays one of the main characters took a job with the Obama administration- which is pretty cool. But I had NO IDEA until after I watched the damn show where the character killed himself and totally freaked me out. :tsk:

Aha...

1. What position did he take?

2. Did he kill himself because of Josh McDaniels' letting Cutler go?

girler
04-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Aha...

1. What position did he take?

2. Did he kill himself because of Josh McDaniels' letting Cutler go?

1. He is the associate director in the White House Office of Public Liaison.

2. :eek: :doh: Now it makes total sense! The whole show was that "nobody knew why" but now that you put it this way, I totally get it. It's the damn McCutler saga. People are killing themselves over it! I wish it would all go away!!! :Cry:

Wow, you totally made me feel better. Thanks 'lingus! :kiss:

Thnikkaman
04-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Actor Kal Penn's surprise suicide on 'House' opens way to job with Obama White House

BY Michael Saul
DAILY NEWS POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT

Updated Tuesday, April 7th 2009, 12:34 PM
From 'House' to the White House: Actor Kal Penn has scored a gig inside the Obama administration. DeCrow/AP

From 'House' to the White House: Actor Kal Penn has scored a gig inside the Obama administration.
Take our Poll
What are they smoking?

How does the hiring of actor Kal Penn reflect on President Obama?

Well. It shows he's interested in staying connected with younger voters.

Terribly. 'Kumar' is going to work for Obama? That's a laugh!

Who's Kal Penn? Is he going to fix the economy?
Related News
Articles

* 'House' suicide story travels from TV to Web

New Jersey-born actor Kal Penn, who played a stoner Guantanamo Bay escapee in the movies and a doctor on TV's "House," has scored a job in the White House. Way to go, dude!

Penn, 31, will become associate director in the White House Office of Public Liaison, administration officials confirmed Tuesday. The Indian-American film star will be an emissary to the Asian-American and Pacific Islander communities, along with arts and entertainment groups.

Penn campaigned extensively throughout the country for President Obama last year and was a hit on college campuses.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Penn explained why he decided to leave "House." His character inexplicably committed suicide in an episode that aired Monday night.

"I was incredibly honored a couple of months ago to get the opportunity to go work in the White House," Penn explained. "I got to know the President and some of the staff during the campaign and had expressed interest in working there."

Penn described the office as the "front door" of the White House, saying he'll be responsible for doing outreach with the American public.

"They take out all of the red tape that falls between the general public and the White House," he said. "It's similar to what I was doing on the campaign."

Penn gained fame as the co-star of the raucous and profane "Harold and Kumar" stoner comedies that have become a cult favorite with fans worldwide. The first installment, "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle," followed the misadventures of two New Jersey guys with a pot-stoked craving for their favorite burgers.

He famously smoked weed with a fictional President Bush in the sequel, "Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay,"

Penn also starred in Mira Nair's 'The Namesake,' and played a terrorist in a recurring role on "24."

Penn acknowledged that ditching Hollywood for Washington comes with a massive pay cut.

"There's not a lot of financial reward in these jobs," he said. "But, obviously, the opportunity to serve in a capacity like this is an incredible honor."
As it turns out, Penn will not be working in the White House, per se. His office will be in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building, located next to the West Wing and housing most of the White House staff.

Penn, born in Montclair, New Jersey, said he's long been interested in both the arts and public service. His grandparents marched with Gandhi in the Indian independence movement, "and that was always in the back of my head."

A UCLA graduate, Penn has been taking courses in international security at Stanford University.

On the campaign trail, Kumar helped get actor friend Brendan Rough, aka Superman in "Superman Returns," to stump for Obama. On occasion, they campaigned together.

Asked if he's giving up acting, Penn replied, "Not necessarily."

"Who's to say where any path leads?" he said. "I still have a passion for it. But for the time being, I won't be acting."

Broncolingus
04-07-2009, 08:10 PM

2. :eek: :doh: Now it makes total sense! The whole show was that "nobody knew why" but now that you put it this way, I totally get it. It's the damn McCutler saga. People are killing themselves over it! I wish it would all go away!!! :Cry:

There, there...it's just part of the wonderfulness of me.

Broncolingus
04-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Hey! Kal Penn is the dude from 'Harold and Kumar...'

girler
04-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Hey! Kal Penn is the dude from 'Harold and Kumar...'

Ya. I think that's why Obama hired him. To get some secrets. :bandit:

Broncolingus
04-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Ya. I think that's why Obama hired him. To get some secrets. :bandit:

"Dude, I'm so high...nothing can hurt me."

"Nooooooooooooooo!"

-MARIJUANA KILLS-

(...classic...)

girler
06-12-2009, 07:00 PM
I must say the last 4-5 episodes of House were just AWESOME! :salute:

gnomeflinger
06-12-2009, 08:03 PM
I love House. I'll take care of his vicodin stash while he's in rehab.

girler
06-12-2009, 08:11 PM
I love House. I'll take care of his vicodin stash while he's in rehab.

Oh hey, I didn't think about that. He must NOT have thrown it all away! Good call! :D

broncogirl7
06-12-2009, 08:47 PM

Girler! HOUSE is on my most favorite shows and that episode blew my mind.
Did you see the season finale? If you didn't...prepare to be blown away again, it was freaking awesome and very sad.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-12-2009, 11:11 PM
House, MD. That show rocks!