PDA

View Full Version : Something Different: What is the future of our defense?

iLands
03-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Enough talk about you know who replacing he who shall not be named!

What is the future of the Broncos defense? Is building it still our priority or will we try to assemble a fair amount of new offensive weapons?

How should we build our defense going forward and what are the greatest priorities in your mind?

Medford Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:37 PM
I think the secondary is old. They need to retool, especially the corners. Champ is not getting any younger.

I Also think the D line need to get better. This theme has been going on for 10 years since the glory days of the 98 team.

But I think there will be less pressure when we have an offense that can score at least 24 PPG. It has been since Cutler for that.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-20-2012, 01:52 AM
Enough talk about you know who replacing he who shall not be named!

What is the future of the Broncos defense? Is building it still our priority or will we try to assemble a fair amount of new offensive weapons?

How should we build our defense going forward and what are the greatest priorities in your mind?

We don't know... it's on hold pending the outcome of what happens with Bunk... he's the key... we brought back Mays and added Adams to stabilize the safeties - assuming we roll with Q at the other safety in the Dawk role...

Yeah our edge rushers are great but Bunk was the keystone so we have to resolve that. Hopefully the Saints lose cap space as part of their bounty penalties and Bunk decides to take Soliai money to stay. I read that they may only have the cap space to sign either Bunk or a MLB so it depends what they do.

We have Ty Warren coming back of IR and maybe they just bargain shop for Garay to replace Bunk and perhaps Landri at DT but probably just bringing back McBean (rfa). I hope they don't just bring back Thomas & McBean and call it done.

We are old at CB and L Webb would be nice but he'd be expensive in cap space & he'd cost the #25 pick. Normally that would be a bargain but it depends on what they want to do with the #25. Like you mention the offensive weapons might be the priority there - at WR Hill or Wright (if he improves on his lousy 40 time at his pro day) or RB Martin or even Cordy Glenn at G/T. Prior to Peyton most here wanted DT Cox but he'll be gone and the next guy down is DT Reyes who may also be gone.

So we are back to Bunk being the key. I think the plan was to have him back and rely on Warren as the other starting DT then the team could go after an offensive weapon at #25 and then fill DT depth later on in the 3rd or 4th round.

If not Bunk, I think they try for Garay & bring back Thomas & McBean to go with Warren and go after an offensive weapon for Peyton at #25. Who it is depends entirely on who's there. I think only Cox, Poe, or Kirkpatrick dropping will cause them to think about defense at #25. Brockers is possible too if he has a decent pro day - basically any top 20 defensive talent dropping will give them pause... but it's Peyton so I wouldn't hold my breath over a defensive player at #25.

CrazyHorse
03-20-2012, 02:30 AM
The best defense is a great offense.

MileHighGuy
03-20-2012, 02:49 AM
The best defense is a great offense.

Wow, epic fail. Defense WINS championships.

hotcarl
03-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Joe purple veins mays