PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow

BroncoFan4Ever
03-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Tim Tebow did an excellent job and I think it's crap the way this team is dumping on him. He earned the right to be starting QB next season. I realize Manning's status, but I also realize he's old and not healthy. This totally sucks! Tebow is the best long term option, and I wouldn't blame him if he told Elway to kiss his ass. This team should have stood behind Tim and treated him fairly. I will be a BroncoFan4Ever, but I am not happy about this!

Krugan
03-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Guessing this thread will get ripped appart in, 15 minutes tops.

camdisco24
03-19-2012, 09:03 PM
Would a Superbowl ring make you feel better?

MileHighGuy
03-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Tebow can blow my nutsack. Until he improves his passer rating into the 60% range, he does not have my respect. Hope he's on the next bus to Jacksonville.

Timmy!
Can we please get a minimum post count to start threads?! Ffs.

Medford Bronco
Can we merge the 1256656 Tebow threads somewhere

Or put this in the positive only Tebow thread

MileHighGuy
03-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Can we please get a minimum post count to start threads?! Ffs.

I can't take anyone who is gungho for Decker seriously in any regard

Nomad
03-19-2012, 09:07 PM
I read at BM, that "incarcerated bob" guy has a tweet out saying the Jags owner wants Tebow on his team. Even the Jags forums has a rumor that if Gene Smith doesn't like it, he's out the door.

Krugan
03-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Tebow can blow my nutsack. Until he improves his passer rating into the 60% range, he does not have my respect. Hope he's on the next bus to Jacksonville.

You mean completion percentage?

whissslleeee doooo and all that stuff

ATLbroNCO
03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Tim Tebow did alot in the situation he was put in... But seriously, you would want Tebow in over Peyton friggen Manning? Manning is a proven team changer that raises the play of everyone around him. Look what kind of quarterbacks have won superbowls the past couple of years.... All phenomenal pocket passers who can pick apart defenses in the short/intermediate passing game. Watch how much better Peyton will make DT and Decker look.

MileHighGuy
03-19-2012, 09:13 PM
You mean completion percentage?

whissslleeee doooo and all that stuff

Yeah, typo, whoops. Sue me.

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Moar Tebow plz!

BroncoStud
03-19-2012, 09:16 PM
Guessing this thread will get ripped appart in, 15 minutes tops.

15? I give it 10...

gatorpower
03-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

....the purpose of football is to win football games. This is not picking a girlfriend or boyfriend.

The Broncos HO thinks Peyton gives them a better chance to win games and they have the money to buy his services. It's a calculated risk, sure, but on paper it makes a lot of sense. You can either give Tebow a couple years to develop or you can put a team together to win RIGHT NOW. You want to talk about loyalty? Peyton bleed for an organization for 13 years that rewarded all his efforts by chopping his **** off. They sent their future HOF packing. I'm sure both Peyton and Tebow can share in that feeling.

Krugan
03-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Yeah, typo, whoops. Sue me.

I was going to look for a picture of a flaky sue, but im to tired to google image search:/

Timmy!
03-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Take your computer, cover it with gasoline, light it on fire, and throw it out the window. Then take a hammer and proceed to bludgeon yourself repeatedly in the head until you hear a cracking sound, then cover yourself in meat gravy and tie yourself to a tree. :welcome:

wayninja
03-19-2012, 09:26 PM

What a panderer you are. You'd make a good politician.

This thread sucks, but you scooped a double helping on.

MileHighGuy
03-19-2012, 09:35 PM
What a panderer you are. You'd make a good politician.

This thread sucks, but you scooped a double helping on.

Epic fail right here.

How am I pandering? I've never been a fan of Tebow and I've never not been a fan of Manning. I said Elway wasn't doing enough, which was obviously dead wrong.

Army Bronco
03-19-2012, 09:49 PM
I personally would hate to see TT go. I would hope he can stay and learn , like some others hope. If not then we need to have a quality back up now. Look at Bubby Brister back in the 98 run and Kubiak in his day. We need someone. Then when PM is done he should be ready or then we get another QB.

Shazam!
03-19-2012, 09:56 PM
I love TT, and I think he is the best longterm solutiom for Denver at Qb. I understand the Broncos' thinking and why they got Manning, but I dont like it at all. TT brought this team from garbage to relevance, and in return, we treat him like garbage.

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 09:58 PM
I love TT, and I think he is the best longterm solutiom for Denver at Qb. I understand the Broncos' thinking and why they got Manning, but I dont like it at all. TT brought this team from garbage to relevance, and in return, we treat him like garbage.

Oh good gawd. He didn't bring shit to relevance. Denver has been a relevant franchise for 30 years. ONE losing season didn't change that.

Drama-queen much?

wayninja
03-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Epic fail right here.

How am I pandering? I've never been a fan of Tebow and I've never not been a fan of Manning. I said Elway wasn't doing enough, which was obviously dead wrong.

I'm shocked you used the phrase 'epic fail'. It's been a good 2 or 3 posts since I've seen you use it.

I don't care if you are a fan of tebow, doesn't justify being a classhole.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Oh good gawd. He didn't bring shit to relevance. Denver has been a relevant franchise for 30 years. ONE losing season didn't change that.

Drama-queen much?

Let's ignore that the 'one losing season' happened to be the worst in 30 years.

Dzone
03-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Tim Tebow is awesome. I am a huge fan. Been a Bronco fan before Tebow, but I hate seeing him go. Now that we have Manning, it seems en vogue to hate on Tebow.

Look how many players have had to retire because of neck injuries. Nobody seems to want to talk about that.

broncobryce
03-19-2012, 10:11 PM

This. He was a BIG reason Manning came here IMO. Anyone really think Manning would have even considered it with the EPIC FAIL season we'd have had if not for Tebow? He was a big reason the season was salvaged and helped the head coach, the VP and GM look good, and this is the thanks they gave him. Oh well, I just hope it brings us a superbowl, I just have a feeling it won't.

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Let's ignore that the 'one losing season' happened to be the worst in 30 years.

It doesn't change my statement. Denver wasn't irrelevant for having one bad year. Only drama queens feel that way.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 10:17 PM
It doesn't change my statement. Denver wasn't irrelevant for having one bad year. Only drama queens feel that way.

Fair enough, but it doesn't change mine either. If we were ever in danger of being irrelevant, it would be after our worst season ever.

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Fair enough, but it doesn't change mine either. If we were ever in danger of being irrelevant, it would be after our worst season ever.

I suppose. But probably not.

Dzone
03-19-2012, 10:21 PM
I agree.

Fullback32
03-19-2012, 10:23 PM
It'll be nice to have a better than 30% third conversion rate, I can tell ya that much.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 10:24 PM
I suppose. But probably not.

That's interesting. But not particularly.

Dzone
03-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Tebow meant the world to this state and to this city. Now he is being kicked to the curb. Cold blooded. ******* cold blooded.

BroncoFan4Ever
03-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Would a Superbowl ring make you feel better?

That's the problem. Instead of giving our teammate Tim a chance, he just gets dumped like he's nothing because people want more wins or a superbowl "faster". I think Tim Tebow could get us there if given a chance. Peyton Manning is a risk. Even if he is able to play, how long before he's out with a neck injury? How long before he retires? Then what? Tebow will be long gone and we will be right back where we started from. I think this sucks and I think it's a crappy thing to do to Tebow. He deserves better as our Bronco teammate.

CrazyHorse
03-19-2012, 10:30 PM
It's the harsh reality. After all the NFL is a business. It does suck that he'll probably be gone.

Shazam!
03-19-2012, 10:30 PM
I hate this. I just do. Love TT and all he brings. Heart. Character. Leadership. Class.

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 10:31 PM
I hate this. I just do. Love TT and all he brings. Heart. Character. Leadership. Class.

Of those four characteristics, which one does Peyton Manning not have?

wayninja
03-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Tebow meant the world to this state and to this city. Now he is being kicked to the curb. Cold blooded. ******* cold blooded.

That's part of my dissonance too. I mean, I totally understand and Manning is BY FAR the better bet between the two, it's not even funny that it would be given a second thought on paper. But it doesn't make me feel like we really gave Tebow a fair shot. I mean, we asked him to go out there with very little expectation that he'd do much and he somehow pulled out some damn fun wins and made a good show of it. Seems like he deserves a bit more respect if nothing else. I feel like he earned it even if he didn't deserve it necessarily coming into the season.

When a guy does what you ask him to do and does it better than you expect, it should at the very least be applauded, not disdained.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 10:32 PM

It's not either/or MO. More than one guy can have this stuff.

MileHighGuy
03-19-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm shocked you used the phrase 'epic fail'. It's been a good 2 or 3 posts since I've seen you use it.

I don't care if you are a fan of tebow, doesn't justify being a classhole.

Wow, you can't debate for your life.

chazoe60
03-19-2012, 10:33 PM
I love TT also but it's not like we replaced him with Kyle Orton, it's Peyton Freaking Manning.

EFX would have been neglegant not to go after Manning. In a perfect world we would keep Tebow and have some packages for him and let him learn from arguably the greatest pocket passer in history. Everything that Tebow struggles with(reading defenses, accuracy, timing) are the thing Manning excels at, it would be perfect for Tebow to learn from a master. Unfortunately I don't think there is anyway to make that work.

One problem and Elway can see it, is Tebow's crazy ass fans that are calling Spano out on the radio as I type. It's not Tebow's doing but because of the rabid nature of his fans it will be hard for any team to have Tim on the bench. I wish people would just give Tim the time he requires.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-19-2012, 10:33 PM

Oh he has them all... the question is, will 2 years of Peyton be enough to cash in, especially considering the overall talent level of the rest of the team?

wayninja
03-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Wow, you can't debate for your life.

Luckily my life is not at stake. Are you debating for your life? If so, you should probably choose your own end now as a mercy killing.

Fullback32
03-19-2012, 10:35 PM
In the end, this is all McDummy's fault. If he hadn't drafted Tebow in the first place, we wouldn't even be talking about this. If fact, we'd probably be anticipating the draft for a Luck or RGIII.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 10:36 PM
I love TT also but it's not like we replaced him with Kyle Orton, it's Peyton Freaking Manning.

EFX would have been neglegant not to go after Manning. In a perfect world we would keep Tebow and have some packages for him and let him learn from arguably the greatest pocket passer in history. Everything that Tebow struggles with(reading defenses, accuracy, timing) are the thing Manning excels at, it would be perfect for Tebow to learn from a master. Unfortunately I don't think there is anyway to make that work.

One problem and Elway can see it, is Tebow's crazy ass fans that are calling Spano out on the radio as I type. It's not Tebow's doing but because of the rabid nature of his fans it will be hard for any team to have Tim on the bench. I wish people would just give Tim the time he requires.

It's not up to Tebow's fans, to be honest. Ultimately either Tebow will ask for a trade or EFX will simply force it. That just seems to be how this will go down. It'll be interesting to see which though.

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Oh he has them all... the question is, will 2 years of Peyton be enough to cash in, especially considering the overall talent level of the rest of the team?

The talent level of the team is just fine.

They were missing an elite quarterback, the most important aspect of winning.

Even if they don't win a Super Bowl, they are much better off with Manning than Tebow.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Even if they don't win a Super Bowl, they are much better off with Manning than Tebow.

This is the hedge of the year. I'm not sure I can name 2 teams in the history of the NFL that this isn't true for. How's the wind on that limb?

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 10:43 PM
This is the hedge of the year. I'm not sure I can name 2 teams in the history of the NFL that this isn't true for. How's the wind on that limb?

So, if it's true for every team execpt two in history, how am I hedging any bets?

Truth be the truth.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-19-2012, 10:43 PM
I wish people would just give Tim the time he requires.

New England will give him that time. He can sit behind Brady and be back with McDouchebag learning in the spread (not option) offense. By the time Brady hangs them up, Tebow will be ready and it will be like Montana handing over the reigns to Steve Young. Unless he goes to an absolute dog of a team (like Miami) where they scapegoat him for not having instant success, he will develop into a very good QB. He has to become a better passer, but with his work ethic and determination, I have no doubt that will happen someday.

I still don't know why we can't be the team to groom him, **** his personal fan club, but it seems the writing is on the wall and for good or bad, we're Peyton's new place. Tebow needs time, he needs coaching, and he needs an environment where he can develop and not be expected to work miracles right away.

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 10:45 PM
New England will give him that time. He can sit behind Brady and be back with McDouchebag learning in the spread (not option) offense. By the time Brady hangs them up, Tebow will be ready and it will be like Montana handing over the reigns to Steve Young. Unless he goes to an absolute dog of a team (like Miami) where they scapegoat him for not having instant success, he will develop into a very good QB. He has to become a better passer, but with his work ethic and determination, I have no doubt that will happen someday.

I still don't know why we can't be the team to groom him, **** his personal fan club, but it seems the writing is on the wall and for good or bad, we're Peyton's new place. Tebow needs time, he needs coaching, and he needs an environment where he can develop and not be expected to work miracles right away.

I would love for him to sit behind Manning, rather than Brady.

I don't think New England, if they were to trade for him, would see him as a quarterback biding his time. They would see him as a FB/H-Back/TE red-zone hybrid. I'm not sure Tebow will accept that role in Denver. He might, if he's traded for peanuts and talked to by Belicheck.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 10:53 PM
So, if it's true for every team execpt two in history, how am I hedging any bets?

Truth be the truth.

I didn't say it was betting hedge. It was simply a defensive statement that allowed for no credible argument. Sorry if that was unclear. I should have said "This is the obvious statement of the year". I apologize for the confusion.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-19-2012, 11:03 PM
I would love for him to sit behind Manning, rather than Brady.

I don't think New England, if they were to trade for him, would see him as a quarterback biding his time. They would see him as a FB/H-Back/TE red-zone hybrid. I'm not sure Tebow will accept that role in Denver. He might, if he's traded for peanuts and talked to by Belicheck.

They might use him in a hybrid manner in certain situations (I just don't see Brady coming off the field, though). Seriously though, they've got Hoyer and Mallett collecting dust on the bench. I see no reason why they wouldn't bring in Tebow to hold the clipboard. I'm really hoping they'll offer up Mallett in trade. Mallett was a 3rd rounder and was the best pocket passer in his class. I might even throw in a late round pick (6th or 7th) along with Tebow to get Mallett to be Manning's protege.

gregbroncs
03-19-2012, 11:42 PM
That's the problem. Instead of giving our teammate Tim a chance, he just gets dumped like he's nothing because people want more wins or a superbowl "faster". I think Tim Tebow could get us there if given a chance. Peyton Manning is a risk. Even if he is able to play, how long before he's out with a neck injury? How long before he retires? Then what? Tebow will be long gone and we will be right back where we started from. I think this sucks and I think it's a crappy thing to do to Tebow. He deserves better as our Bronco teammate.I don't think Tebow could ever get us there. And neither does the FO. That is why they chose Manning over Tebow. Out of 32 franchises in the NFL every single one of them would choose Manning if possible.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 11:44 PM
I don't think Tebow could ever get us there. And neither does the FO. That is why they chose Manning over Tebow. Out of 32 franchises in the NFL every single one of them would choose Manning if possible.

Right... which is why saying 'why they chose Manning over Tebow' isn't exactly a indictment of Tebow.

TimHippo
03-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Tim Tebow did an excellent job and I think it's crap the way this team is dumping on him. He earned the right to be starting QB next season. I realize Manning's status, but I also realize he's old and not healthy. This totally sucks! Tebow is the best long term option, and I wouldn't blame him if he told Elway to kiss his ass. This team should have stood behind Tim and treated him fairly. I will be a BroncoFan4Ever, but I am not happy about this!

It's obvious now that Elway expected him to fail which is why he started Tim so they could get Andrew Luck. But that plan backfired.

Tim's options are now Jacksonville, Miami, Redskins, Vikings, Tampa Bay if he wants to compete for at a starting job. If he's okay with being a backup he might as well stay here.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 11:46 PM
It's obvious now that Elway expected him to fail which is why he started Tim so they could get Andrew Luck. But that plan backfired.

Tim's options are now Jacksonville, Miami, Redskins, Vikings, Tampa Bay if he wants to compete for at a starting job. If he's okay with being a backup he might as well stay here.

I agree. I know it sounds crazy and I definitely thought anyone with this opinion mid-season was crazy... but I simply can't explain why they started Tebow over Quinn without this being true.

I don't see Jacksonville being interested though.

The Redskins? Not with RGIII coming.

Vikings are developing Ponder and I don't see them biting.

Tampa? Not a chance.

Miami is all I can think of if the 49ers can smooth things over with Smith. And that would just be pure default and not a guarantee.

weazel
03-19-2012, 11:49 PM

I agree! meet me at dove valley BF4E, and we'll start that filthy place on fire! Just remember, Jesus was persecuted as well!

TimHippo
03-19-2012, 11:55 PM
I don't see Jacksonville being interested though.

The Redskins? Not with RGIII coming.

Vikings are developing Ponder and I don't see them biting.

Tampa? Not a chance.

Miami is all I can think of if the 49ers can smooth things over with Smith. And that would just be pure default and not a guarantee.

I looked at the league and those are the only 5 teams that could possibly be interested in him and give him a shot at a starting job. 3 of those are in Florida.
I'm not sold on Freeman in Tampa, Ponder's injury prone and the Vikings need something to excite them (especially with AP going down), and I actually think the Redskins would be a decent fit because I'm not sure they are going to rush RGIII in and they would want a mobile QB as a back up for the system they would run so in that sense it might appeal to both parties. (I also question RGIII's durabilty. His forearms are really small. He seems to have a small bone structure.)

TimHippo
03-19-2012, 11:59 PM
[QUOTE=wayninja;1589031

Miami is all I can think of if the 49ers can smooth things over with Smith. And that would just be pure default and not a guarantee.[/QUOTE]

Alex Smith will go back to the 9ers though
They our loaded at every position except QB. So the choice between that and Miami who just got rid of their All Pro receiver (Marshall) and really have no weapons except the injury prone Reggie Bush is a no brainer for Alex.

Plus Alex will now get the deal he was looking for because the 49ers need a serviceable "game manager" QB and all the other guys are now signed (Matt Flynn, Manning, etc).

wayninja
03-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Alex Smith will go back to the 9ers though
They our loaded at every position except QB. So the choice between that and Miami who just got rid of their All Pro receiver (Marshall) and really have no weapons except the injury prone Reggie Bush is a no brainer for Alex.

Plus Alex will now get the deal he was looking for because the 49ers need a serviceable "game manager" QB and all the other guys are now signed (Matt Flynn, Manning, etc).

Honestly, I don't really care where he goes if he's not a Bronco. I like the guy and all and think he's sorta getting the shaft, but his appeal wanes significantly if he's not wearing orange and blue.

I wish him luck, but you are either with us or you are the enemy.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-20-2012, 12:28 AM
I wish him luck, but you are either with us or you are the enemy.

I feel the same way. There are plenty of players that aren't Broncos that I respect, but they are the enemy. No, I won't turn into a Tebow-basher if he's traded, but I sure as shit won't be jumping ship to follow him. I might pull for his team to win (if he's playing) if he's not playing us (like I do for Kubes' Texans), but I just don't understand jumping from team to team for one player. Had Elway jumped ship mid-career and we'd never won a Superbowl, I'd still be right here. If McDaniels couldn't chase me away, there's no way I'd leave to follow one player.