PDA

View Full Version : Why Peyton’s Neck Shouldn’t Keep Him, Or You, Awake At Night

Denver Native (Carol)
03-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Interesting article by a Denver doctor, in regards to the procedures Manning had, etc.

Is it a good move, or are the Broncos making a multi-million dollar mistake on a guy with a neck that may be as strong as a stale pretzel?

Based on the medical reports available, the pickup is a solid one. And so is the neck.

There are two sets of things you need to know about Peyton Manning:

rest - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/03/19/why-peytons-neck-shouldnt-keep-him-or-you-awake-at-night/

dogfish
03-19-2012, 05:16 PM
i haven't done any extensive reading on this, but from what i understand, there was never any structural damage done to his neck-- with the spinal fusion fully healed, his neck should be every bit as strong as it was before. . . the nerve is the issue. . .

while you'll obviously always have some concern with a guy that just missed a year, i think people should also remember that he was one of the league's all-time ironmen before that. . . he's pretty durable by nature. . .

rationalfan
03-19-2012, 05:37 PM
i think the concern on manning's neck is very overblown. i mean, if john lynch was able to play hard-hitting safety after a neck injury i'm certain manning will be ok.

i also prescribe to the belief that the doctors working for pro sports team know much more than i do about human anatomy.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm less worried about the neck and more worried about the gas left in the tank on a rusting engine.

It's probably unfounded, but if anything is causing unrest, it's that.

turftoad
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm less worried about the neck and more worried about the gas left in the tank on a rusting engine.

It's probably unfounded, but if anything is causing unrest, it's that.

Just wondering Ninja. How many boxes of tissues have you gone through today?? :D

wayninja
03-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Just wondering Ninja. How many boxes of tissues have you gone through today?? :D

I went through as many tissues crying as you have wanking it to a former colt.

turftoad
03-19-2012, 06:10 PM

:tsk: You must have not seen the smiley.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 06:11 PM
:tsk: You must have not seen the smiley.

I saw the smiley and wanted to punch the little mother******.

dogfish
03-19-2012, 06:12 PM

oh, for ****'s sake! this kind of junk is why we can never have any peace on these damn boards. . . whenever somebody's "side" (aren't we all supposed to be on the same side??) "wins," they have to gloat and rub it in-- and the losing side gets butthurt, and stores up their resentment for the next opportunity to settle the score. . .

can't we get past this shit?

:noidea:

BORDERLINE
03-19-2012, 06:44 PM
oh, for ****'s sake! this kind of junk is why we can never have any peace on these damn boards. . . whenever somebody's "side" (aren't we all supposed to be on the same side??) "wins," they have to gloat and rub it in-- and the losing side gets butthurt, and stores up their resentment for the next opportunity to settle the score. . .

can't we get past this shit?

:noidea:

NAH AH he started it

I was about as big as a Tebow supporter on here. What can I say I don't run the Broncos and make decisions. Like i've commented before I have Peyton's Back and want to see him bring a SB or 2 back to Denver. Once Teebs is traded WE can move on. I wish the kid the best and it ends there. Just like I was a BIG Lloyd fan He left I felt we didn't get any value but what am I gonna do. MOPE about it and every time a receiver drops a ball bring up his name.

Great Post by the way

broncobryce
03-19-2012, 10:07 PM
The guy is still really old and has only a few years left. If we don't win a superbowl it was a complete waste of time and TONS of money.

I hope it works out for all our sake, but I still don't have a good feeling.

achjad
03-19-2012, 11:35 PM
i haven't done any extensive reading on this, but from what i understand, there was never any structural damage done to his neck-- with the spinal fusion fully healed, his neck should be every bit as strong as it was before. . . the nerve is the issue. . .

while you'll obviously always have some concern with a guy that just missed a year, i think people should also remember that he was one of the league's all-time ironmen before that. . . he's pretty durable by nature. . .

yes your right. alot of nfl fans for some time keep pointing fingers at peytons health/neck issues as a big concern. doctors have already come out publicly and said peytons neck is back to normal strength if not stronger/healthier than it was before...and concluded that peyton is just as injury prone as if he never got injured to begin with (meaning this whole neck shindig never happening to him)... what was the REAL concern was his arm strength, because in december it was reported he was throwing passes 20-30 yrds range...but more recently this past month or so, peytons starting to get back to looking like his old self....atleast according to reports.

achjad
03-19-2012, 11:39 PM
on the bright side, although losing tebow fanbase and the market, the broncos market will still be very big and bring in big time $$ because of peyton coming in, which i think is good in turn to the franchise. itll suck if the expectations are superbowl or bust, but it kind of is that way since anyone that wanted peyton ot begin with is in a WIN NOW mentality, so well just have to wait and see what peyton can do with the broncos