PDA

View Full Version : Bring Quincy Morgan back NOW!!!

DenBronx
10-19-2007, 05:18 PM
After hearing the doctors say Walker will be out at least 6 weeks I think its safe to say his season is done. This leaves a huge hole to fill at WR. Stokely needs to stay put in the slot where he is best and I would hate to see Glenn Martinez as a starter.

In the middle of desperation remember we tried Hixon AND Clark. We gave both of those guys shots at proving themselves. Hixon was resigned by the New York Giants and Clark looks like he belongs in the CFL. But a guy that already knows our system as a WR and has done pretty good at WR and returner is Q. So why not resign him?

http://www.nfl.com/players/quincymorgan/profile?id=MOR208485

Retired_Member_001
10-19-2007, 05:21 PM
After hearing the doctors say Walker will be out at least 6 weeks I think its safe to say his season is done. This leaves a huge hole to fill at WR. Stokely needs to stay put in the slot where he is best and I would hate to see Glenn Martinez as a starter.

In the middle of desperation remember we tried Hixon AND Clark. We gave both of those guys shots at proving themselves. Hixon was resigned by the New York Giants and Clark looks like he belongs in the CFL. But a guy that already knows our system as a WR and has done pretty good at WR and returner is Q. So why not resign him?

I disagree.

Quincy Morgan is a good return man but not a good receiver.

Glenn Martinez did a brilliant job against San Diego by the way. After that performance I'm pretty happy with him playing the slot. He looks promising and I'd give him time to see how he develops.

DenBronx
10-19-2007, 05:27 PM
morgan goes for 7 tds with the browns and you say he doesnt have the ability to play wr. oooook!

Retired_Member_001
10-19-2007, 05:28 PM
morgan goes for 7 tds with the browns and you say he doesnt have the ability to play wr. oooook!

And how many decades ago was that?

DenBronx
10-19-2007, 05:30 PM
And how many decades ago was that?

only because the teams that picked him up wanted him as a pure returner. believe it or not hes still a good backup. who else do we have to turn to? david freaking terrel?

Retired_Member_001
10-19-2007, 05:31 PM
only because the teams that picked him up wanted him as a pure returner. believe it or not hes still a good backup. who else do we have to turn to? david freaking terrel?

Glenn Martinez in the slot.

Then we can sign Quincy Morgan as a BACKUP and we can also use him as the great KR/PR man he is.

DenBronx
10-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Glenn Martinez in the slot.

Then we can sign Quincy Morgan as a BACKUP and we can also use him as the great KR/PR man he is.

stokley stays in the slot. i dont want to see stokely anywhere else. keep martinez as he deserves a legit shot but use morgan to rotate in and out. morgan really needs to come back to return punts and kickoffs. we are struggling in field position badly.

Retired_Member_001
10-19-2007, 05:49 PM
stokley stays in the slot. i dont want to see stokely anywhere else. keep martinez as he deserves a legit shot but use morgan to rotate in and out. morgan really needs to come back to return punts and kickoffs. we are struggling in field position badly.

If we came out with 3 receivers I'd want Marshall, Stokely and Martinez on the field. Those are our best receivers whilst Walker is injured. Keep Morgan for KR/PR and as a backup receiver. That sounds good to me (under the circumstances of course).

underrated29
10-19-2007, 05:57 PM
yes! bring back david terrell!

I wish he could get a good qb throwing to him. I think you would be surprised at what he can do. Hopefully shanny is reading my mind on this.

ahmmmm...aaahhmmmmm...*meditation sounds*.

if not glenn will be alright.

Retired_Member_001
10-19-2007, 06:00 PM
yes! bring back david terrell!

I wish he could get a good qb throwing to him. I think you would be surprised at what he can do. Hopefully shanny is reading my mind on this.

ahmmmm...aaahhmmmmm...*meditation sounds*.

if not glenn will be alright.

Just thinking of David Terrell, I just wonder...

WHY THE HELL the Bears took him with the 8th overall pick? :laugh:

TXBRONC
10-19-2007, 08:12 PM
I disagree.

Quincy Morgan is a good return man but not a good receiver.

Glenn Martinez did a brilliant job against San Diego by the way. After that performance I'm pretty happy with him playing the slot. He looks promising and I'd give him time to see how he develops.

Agreed Morgan excels at the return game but he's not a very good receiver.

anton...
10-19-2007, 09:47 PM
rod smith anyone??

his return in week 8 could be the spark we need...
________
Og Kush Seeds (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

DenBronx
10-19-2007, 11:15 PM
rod smith anyone??

smith just needs to drop the crutches and play

Stargazer
10-19-2007, 11:44 PM

Please show me the killer receiving stats of Quincy Morgan when he was a Bronco in 2006.

Medford Bronco
10-19-2007, 11:48 PM
rod smith anyone??

we could have more losses by then :sad:

has he actually practiced yet?

dogfish
10-20-2007, 12:14 AM
i hear darius watts is available-- probably charlie adams, too. . .

:spit:

DenBronx
10-20-2007, 11:42 AM

Please show me the killer receiving stats of Quincy Morgan when he was a Bronco in 2006.

I NEVER SAID MORGAN WAS ELITE OR EVEN GREAT. what i did say was HE KNOWS OUR SYSTEM. who else is out there that could come in a weeks notice and fill in as a 3rd or 4th wr right now? morgan doesnt have outstanding stats in his career but when he did start he did an ok job. im not sold on martinez so morgan and him could rotate in.

javon is likely out for the year....smith might not come back at all. so as a viable option morgan isnt out of the question....

kick return: we are 30th in the nfl with only 344 return yards!
punt return: we are 26th in the nfl with a whopping 50 yards returned.

yet some of you seem to think we dont need help here.

anyone know the story on circus?

Retired_Member_001
10-20-2007, 12:32 PM

:laugh:

Let's get Kircus back!

dogfish
10-20-2007, 03:07 PM
ok since we have a couple of smart asses in here then let me dumb it down a little.

yet some of you seem to think we dont need help here.

i'm just playin'. . . i was one of the people advocating for keeping morgan before the season started-- i would have taken him over hixon, clarke, martinez, or any of the other backups we've trotted out there. . .

honestly though, at this point i don't think it matters that much. . . our blocking is freakin' terrible-- he could probably do a little better back there than the guys we've been using, but i'm not convinced it would be all that MUCH better. . . i don't see much point in adding veterans to this team right now unless they can stop the run. . . otherwise, we may as well just let some young guys play-- that way we can see what we've got going into next year, and maybe hopefully develop some young talent that can help this eam now AND in the future, instead of always bringing in so many freakin' retreads every year. . . there's nothing wrong with filling a few holes through free agency, but we need to stop relying on those guys to be the mortar of the team. . . i'd rather develop our own young talent and actually let 'em build some chemistry. . . i hope we see andre hall get a shot on kick returns, because i think he has the skillset to potentially be pretty effective once he gets some experience back there-- and i've wanted the coaching staff to get him on the field for a while now. . . so while i agree that morgan is a better option than martinez, as far as i'm concerned we may as well ride it out with the young guy and see if we've got anything there. . .

also, this team is so crappy right now that i can't help making jokes about it. . . . :mad:

DenBronx
10-20-2007, 03:36 PM
so while i agree that morgan is a better option than martinez, as far as i'm concerned we may as well ride it out with the young guy and see if we've got anything there. . .

also, this team is so crappy right now that i can't help making jokes about it. . . . :mad:

i know you were dogfish. har har har...

im pretty sure even devin hester wouldnt secure a win over pitt sunday. but yeah it just seems a guy like morgan would be a little bit more of a priority then mustard, although we only have 2 healthy tight ends. :laugh:

TXBRONC
10-20-2007, 05:53 PM

You're a sick man. :laugh:

topscribe
10-20-2007, 07:29 PM
:laugh:

Let's get Kircus back!

Actually, would that be an especially bad idea?

Kircus did a pretty good job at times . . .

-----

TXBRONC
10-20-2007, 07:34 PM

-----

He did good job on punt returns.

Stargazer
10-20-2007, 11:18 PM
I NEVER SAID MORGAN WAS ELITE OR EVEN GREAT. what i did say was HE KNOWS OUR SYSTEM. who else is out there that could come in a weeks notice and fill in as a 3rd or 4th wr right now? morgan doesnt have outstanding stats in his career but when he did start he did an ok job. im not sold on martinez so morgan and him could rotate in.

Morgan had 0 catches as a bronco WR. You say he was good at WR? Well, he didn't do anything as a Bronco playing wideout. Yet your logic is he knows the system? He was here only for 1 year. What did he do at WR? Absolutely nothing. But, as you say he knows the system.:laugh:

DenBronx
10-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Morgan had 0 catches as a bronco WR. You say he was good at WR? Well, he didn't do anything as a Bronco playing wideout. Yet your logic is he knows the system? He was here only for 1 year. What did he do at WR? Absolutely nothing. But, as you say he knows the system.:laugh:

would you put morgan in over smith and walker or kircus last year? ok then. he was never in at wr...so your point isnt valid and you dont really see the whole picture.

DenBronx
10-20-2007, 11:44 PM

-----

kircus wouldnt be a bad idea....at least to fill in until javon comes back. the thing i like about kircus is he does know how to get open and he's pretty fast. if he could just be consitant with his hands i think he would be a good #3.

TXBRONC
10-20-2007, 11:47 PM

Actually I don't think he was here even a full year.

TXBRONC
10-20-2007, 11:51 PM
kircus wouldn't be a bad idea....at least to fill in until javon comes back. the thing i like about kircus is he does know how to get open and he's pretty fast. if he could just be consistent with his hands i think he would be a good #3.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shanahan did bring him back temporarily.