PDA

View Full Version : Funny quote from Chris Simms

oobehr
04-06-2009, 11:27 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fa33c2&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Simms said the notion that he might also be vying for the starting job with a rookie who's not even on the roster yet doesn't bother him.

"To be a quarterback in this league, you've got to have thick skin and be able to let things roll off your shoulders," Simms said.

rcsodak
04-06-2009, 11:46 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fa33c2&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

:confused:

I must be stupid.....

G_Money
04-06-2009, 11:47 PM
That's the same guy who said this, right?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3435125&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Chris Simms says his relationship with Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden is irreparably broken and is seeking a trade or his outright release, the St. Petersburg Times and Tampa Tribune reported.

Simms, who suffered a ruptured spleen during a game in 2006 and spent most of 2007 on the injured reserve list, is sitting out the team's workouts this week and not sure he will attend next week's minicamp.

"It is totally broken," Simms said of his relationship with Gruden, the Tribune reported. "And it kills me to say that, because the Bucs have been great to me; the fans have been great to me … But the relationship between me and coach Gruden -- it's broken. It just is. And I don't see any way it's going to get better again."

According to the report, Simms has asked the Bucs for a trade or his outright release. He said the reason the team gave him for not doing so has been "muddled."

"I feel like I'm being held hostage," Simms said, according to the Times. "I hate that all this has happened. I love Tampa. My family loves it here. But I've been quiet long enough. I feel like it's time to let everybody know why I'm not out there."

Simms said his relationship with Gruden began deteriorating last year during training camp. He alleged Gruden never acknowledged the seriousness of the injury, asked him if it was all in his mind, and put him into a preseason game when he had been given few practice reps.

"I was nowhere near ready to go [for the preseason game]," Simms said, according to the Tribune. "I don't know what the reason was for having me out there. And for coach to say during camp that I was healthy and just wasn't practicing well, that was a low blow.

"I mean, he never once sat down at any point with me and asked me what I was going through, how I felt, even as a person. That said a lot to me. That's why I feel like I can never play for him again."

The team declined to comment on Simms' situation, the Tribune reported.

"I do believe that [Gruden] thought I might be faking it," Simms said, according to the Tribune. "I mean, he asked me, 'Is it in your head?' For him to say that, that's just not right. There are just a lot of things that I can never forgive him for."

According to the Tribune, Simms said if he has not been dealt or released by training camp, he will attend -- but he won't be a happy camper.

"I'll be there," Simms said, according to the Tribune. "If they want that media circus, they'll have it. But they have to know that I won't be happy, I won't ever be happy here again. Ever."

Yeah, he's a rock. :rolleyes:

~G

shank
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA :lol: HAHAHAHAA

... :whoknows:

NickelTG
Chris Sims talking about what it takes to be an NFL qb?

Lonestar
04-06-2009, 11:50 PM

Had a lot of practice watching his dad..

he might surprise us.. time will tell..

NameUsedBefore
04-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Oh my goodness, G.

slim
04-06-2009, 11:54 PM

Well, they tried to reach Jay, but he didn't return the call. :welcome:

G_Money
04-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Oh my goodness, G.

I'm hoping he's had time to reflect on his near-death experience and lack of a starting job and will be less whiny here.

Because seriously, if you don't like Jay's drama-queenness, Simms has all that without the rocket arm, strength on the move, etc.

All of Jay's weaknesses, none of his strengths.

Here's hoping Orton's a monster who's just been hibernating...in Siberia...inside a block of ice...

~G

Simple Jaded
04-07-2009, 12:24 AM
Couldn't care less about that crap, Simms has better talent than Orton, hopefully The Quarterback Whisperering Eye can turn him into the Next Tom Brady.......

rcsodak
04-07-2009, 12:32 AM
That's the same guy who said this, right?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3435125&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Yeah, he's a rock. :rolleyes:

~G

Totally different scenario, and you know it.

He was injured...not hurt....INJURED!

EVERYBODY knew he was struggling to get healthy, and in the meantime, withering away on the sidelines.

I can't believe even You would try to spin his case with TB as similar to cut-n-run'ers....

:tsk:

BroncoTech
04-07-2009, 12:35 AM
I don't watch many Bucs games but I remember watching Simms after the ruptured spleen and thinking the kid is washed up in this league. Granted that was only one game but I bet you his coach was all over him. Sad state of affairs indeed.

honz
04-07-2009, 01:09 AM
I'm hoping he's had time to reflect on his near-death experience and lack of a starting job and will be less whiny here.

Because seriously, if you don't like Jay's drama-queenness, Simms has all that without the rocket arm, strength on the move, etc.

Here's hoping Orton's a monster who's just been hibernating...in Siberia...inside a block of ice...

~G
Like Simms is the only guy to ever accuse Gruden of screwing someone over...:rolleyes:

claymore
04-07-2009, 02:55 AM

~G

Simms is an uber wimp. Couple years back several Buc players said He had cried in the huddle during games. Due to frustration.

DenBronx
04-07-2009, 04:45 AM
Had a lot of practice watching his dad..

he might surprise us.. time will tell..

the suprise will be 3 or 4 picks a game.

claymore
04-07-2009, 05:11 AM
the suprise will be 3 or 4 picks a game.

I would rather see what Hackney can do.

Superchop 7
04-07-2009, 06:22 PM
"I'm mad at my QB and I'm sure it will work out just fine"