PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler: Not a Bronco

MOtorboat
04-06-2009, 10:22 PM
It's time that some adjusted to this change.

weazel
04-06-2009, 10:24 PM
attention broncosforum members...

Cutler has left the building.

I repeat,

Cutler has left the building.

getlynched47
04-06-2009, 10:24 PM
:(

time to move on.

stupid McDaniels and Cutler whiny baby

ikillz0mbies
04-06-2009, 10:25 PM

What? He's not a Bronco? The hell you say!

It's OK, as long as Coach Shanahan can find another QB of a gem in the draft.

Wait Shanahan got canned? When?!

MOtorboat
:(

time to move on.

stupid McDaniels and Cutler whiny baby

We are not going to discuss that here.

Jay Cutler: Not a Bronco.

Broncospsycho77
WTF are you talking about?

MOtorboat
04-06-2009, 10:26 PM
WTF are you talking about?

I <3 Kyle Orton.

getlynched47
04-06-2009, 10:27 PM
We are not going to discuss that here.

Jay Cutler: Not a Bronco.

Stupid McDaniels being an idiot and stupid Cutler being a bitch about it :tsk:

Tned

You sure? I heard the trade might fall through with Cutler failing the physical.

MOtorboat
Stupid McDaniels being an idiot and stupid Cutler being a bitch about it :tsk:

I <3 Kyle Orton.

MOtorboat
04-06-2009, 10:28 PM
You sure? I heard the trade might fall through with Cutler failing the physical.

That gosh darned diabeetus.

Shazam!
I will support whoever is under Center until they give me a reason not to.

Go Kyle. I have full confidence in you and McGenius.

Broncospsycho77
Wait.

Wait.

The Broncos almost traded Cutler for Matt Cassel?

Phew. Glad that was just a false alarm.

getlynched47
04-06-2009, 10:29 PM
I <3 Kyle Orton.

I'm sure you'd be much better under center than Chris Simms or Kyle Orton...

getlynched47
04-06-2009, 10:30 PM

Wait...so now he's a genius?? :laugh:

MOtorboat
04-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Wait...so now he's a genius?? :laugh:

Yes. Deal with it.

Don't make me start another thread.

Shazam!
04-06-2009, 10:32 PM
The creator of the most explosive offense in the League in recent memory? Josh McDaniels.

Turning a nobody into an impressive Starting QB? Yes, Josh McDaniels.

Yes, he is a genius. From here on, he is McGenius. Deal with it.

UnderArmour
Kyle Orton will lead this team to 19-0 under the leadership of Josh McDaniels.....

Hold that thought, we play the Patriots this season. Not sure if Vader can overcome Sidious quite yet. But 18-1 or 16-2 are likely scenarios. With Kyle Orton at the helm, the defense will surrender under 20 points a game because of his fearless leadership.

getlynched47
Yes. Deal with it.

Don't make me start another thread.

Explain this to me. Please.

He's a genius for getting our bitch Quarterback pissed and then getting rid of him?

He doesn't earn the title of "genius" until those draft picks pan out...

getlynched47
04-06-2009, 10:34 PM
The creator of the most explosive offense in the League in recent memory? Josh McDaniels.

Turning a nobody into an impressive Starting QB? Yes, Josh McDaniels.

Yes, he is a genius. From here on, he is McGenius. Deal with it.

In New England with Tom Brady. Just in case you didn't know, Matt Cassell was also schooled by McDaniels for 3 years before he got to taste the football field....

Shazam!
04-06-2009, 10:36 PM
If our QB is a bitch who gives a shit if he's pissed? Do you ever make any sense?

Kyle Orton craps Jay Cutlers.

McGenius will help rebuild the worst defense in the League. The first of McGenius' moves was bringing in a bonafide DC in Nolan.

As you said, Cassel was a pupil of McGenius who turned him into a star.

Yes. McGenius.

Broncospsycho77
04-06-2009, 10:36 PM
In New England with Tom Brady. Just in case you didn't know, Matt Cassell was also schooled by McDaniels for 3 years before he got to taste the football field....

Josh McDaniels made the system that made Tom Brady. Brady's a good QB because he's smart and knows what to do in his system in any situation. Who taught him that knowledge?

And Kyle Orton's already got a year or two in the league... that should be about the equivalent of no college career starts and 3 years on the bench.

LoyalSoldier
04-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Just because Cutler isn't a Bronco doesn't mean we aren't still pissed about the whole situation. I am ready to move on, but I am also am not drinking the McD koolaid just yet.

getlynched47
04-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Josh McDaniels made the system that made Tom Brady. Brady's a good QB because he's smart and knows what to do in his system in any situation. Who taught him that knowledge?

And Kyle Orton's already got a year or two in the league... that should be about the equivalent of no college career starts and 3 years on the bench.

No, Charlie Weis made Tom Brady.

KCL
04-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Wait.

Wait.

The Broncos almost traded Cutler for Matt Cassel?

Phew. Glad that was just a false alarm.

Hey the season hasn't started...you all could still end up with Cassel...lol

Tned

I even support the Broncos QB's that line up under the guard. :laugh:

Shazam!
Charlie Weiss wasn't even in the Patriots organization when they had the best year in their undefeated run.

McDaniels was a parent of that marriage.

MOtorboat
Just because Cutler isn't a Bronco doesn't mean we aren't still pissed about the whole situation. I am ready to move on, but I am also am not drinking the McD koolaid just yet.

But you sure are drinking the Cutler koolaid...

LoyalSoldier
04-06-2009, 10:40 PM
But you sure are drinking the Cutler koolaid...

At least I have watched Cutler over the last 3 years to see what he has to offer. McDaniels has yet to coach a game. I was even a little skeptical of Cutler when he first started.

getlynched47
04-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Charlie Weiss wasn't even in the Patriots organization when they had the best year in their undefeated run.

McDaniels was a parent of that marriage.

Yeah but there's a misconception that McDaniels raised Tom Brady AND Matt Cassel. But all he did was orchestrate one of the best offenses ever with one of the best Quarterbacks in recent memory. Cassel is a product of the system IMO, he's going to suck balls in KC.

MOtorboat
04-06-2009, 10:41 PM
At least I have watched Cutler over the last 3 years to see what he has to offer. McDaniels has yet to coach a game. I was even a little skeptical of Cutler when he first started.

I've watched three years of mediocrity too.

Medford Bronco
04-06-2009, 10:42 PM

Actually Charlie Weiss made the system but who is counting :whistle:

but I do agree that McD must have some value teaching Cassel to be a good NFL QB in a very tough situation last season.

Broncospsycho77

That works both ways (not necessarily at you, but at guys who are quick to criticize McDaniels...).

McD has coached a game yet. How can you criticize him at this point when absolutely nothing is known about his head coaching ability?

getlynched47

...and blamed it entirely on Jay Cutler :rolleyes:

LoyalSoldier

Yep and that must be thanks to Cutler. :rolleyes:

Broncospsycho77
04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
No, Charlie Weis made Tom Brady.

You're right.

Argument still stands with Cassel, though. He's a chump, and the Chiefs are gonna pay him multi-millions.

weazel
04-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Yep and that must be thanks to Cutler. :rolleyes:

of course not, Cutler is damn good QB. Too bad he didnt want to play for the Bronco's.

MOtorboat
04-06-2009, 10:44 PM
...and blamed it entirely on Jay Cutler :rolleyes:

That's a misnomer, but...whatever...

Quarterbacks are judged on wins and losses. That's not stating that that's the only deciding factor in that, but it's simply stating fact.

I'll let Remember the Titans tell you why:
Bertier: See man, that's the worst attitude I ever heard.
Big Ju: Attitude reflects leadership, captain.

Shazam!
04-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Jay Cutler is somewhere laughing at us all with his country bumpkin bad haircut, while Orton is here relishing his experience.

That's enough for me.

KCL
04-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah but there's a misconception that McDaniels raised Tom Brady AND Matt Cassel. But all he did was orchestrate one of the best offenses ever with one of the best Quarterbacks in recent memory. Cassel is a product of the system IMO, he's going to suck balls in KC.

And you know this how?

getlynched47
04-06-2009, 10:46 PM
You're right.

Argument still stands with Cassel, though. He's a chump, and the Chiefs are gonna pay him multi-millions.

:laugh: Yeah it's going to be funny watching Cassel fail in Kansas City because McDaniels isn't there to hold his hand.

If you would've told me to chose between Kyle Orton and Matt Cassel because Jay Cutler would get traded......i would've wanted Cassel because at least we know he can carry out the system effectively.

LoyalSoldier
That works both ways (not necessarily at you, but at guys who are quick to criticize McDaniels...).

McD has coached a game yet. How can you criticize him at this point when absolutely nothing is known about his head coaching ability?

I can criticize him based off of what I have seen thus far. So far he has made a useless move by cutting a long snapper who has done his job well and got into a quarrel with Cutler.

If we start winning games all will be forgiven, but at this point it is a matter of he better start producing. He has created a fire that he needs to put out.

nevcraw
Must be ladies night at Club La Fan Policia.

getlynched47
[/FONT]

And you know this how?

In My Opinion :lol:

Broncospsycho77
04-06-2009, 10:47 PM
I can criticize him based off of what I have seen thus far. So far he has made a useless move by cutting a long snapper who has done his job well and got into a quarrel with Cutler.

If we starts winning games all will be forgiven, but at this point it is a matter of he better start producing. He will not last long if he starts losing.

That's a fair demeanor to take. No problems with that.

dogfish
04-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Jay Cutler: Not a Bronco

there you have it, folks-- he's not the best damn newshound west of the mississippi for nothing! always first with the breaking scoops. . .

seriously though, MO-- no offense, but what gives you the right to tell other fans they shouldn't talk about cutler if they want to? along with the firing of shanahan, it's the biggest move this franchise has made in years-- it has the potential to make or break the team's fortunes, or at least turn them in entirely different directions. . . a possible watershed moment, so to speak. . . just because you happen to be tired of hearing about it doesn't mean that people are going to stop debating it-- bitching about it, gloating over it, questioning the wisdom of the move, etc etc. . . in fact, you know as well as i do that people will probably be talking about this one as long as there are broncos message boards. . . people still complain about shanahan's drafts and the portis trade, and start a jake plummer thread and watch them flock in to battle about it-- this ain't goin' away any time soon, you may as well just resign yourself to that. . . . JMO. . . .

Lonestar
04-06-2009, 10:48 PM

This is not directed at you in particular but to some of the others..

Guess no one is asking you or anyone else to just not to take cheap shots at our current HC and new QB's, because their QB got cut for cause..

That is what the thread is about not posting crap to get your post count up..

KCL
04-06-2009, 10:51 PM
In My Opinion :lol:

So explain your opinion...I only watched him play one game last season.None of us know how well he'll do in KC just like none of us know how well Orton will do in Denver.

dogfish
04-06-2009, 10:53 PM

Guess no one is asking you or anyone else to just not to take cheap shots at our current HC and new QB's, because their QB got cut for cause..

ahh, shoe's on the other foot now. . . the plummer backers spent the last three years taking cheap shots at jay because he replaced THEIR quarterback-- i myself won't be doing so, but don't be surprised if some of cutler's fans do the exact same thing to doogie and orton that jake fans did to cutler. . . i personally will consider it just as silly and counterproductive as i did when the jake backers were doing it, but turnabout is indeed fair play i'm afraid. . . .

nevcraw
04-06-2009, 10:54 PM

If Joshy does well in the daft and wins 2 Suber Bowls all will be forgiven.. Ok Jr. Kettle?

LoyalSoldier
04-06-2009, 10:56 PM

I know I personally have not used the "nick names" that people have given McD or slammed him in any kind of derogatory way, but I still maintain he is on a short leash in my eyes even if he isn't in the front office's.

Like I said if he comes through and starts winning all will be forgiven, but if he fails to deliver then I won't have any issue calling him the worst failure in Broncos history.

MOtorboat
04-06-2009, 10:57 PM
ahh, shoe's on the other foot now. . . the plummer backers spent the last three years taking cheap shots at jay because he replaced THEIR quarterback-- i myself won't be doing so, but don't be surprised if some of cutler's fans do the exact same thing to doogie and orton that jake fans did to cutler. . . i personally will consider it just as silly and counterproductive as i did when the jake backers were doing it, but turnabout is indeed fair play i'm afraid. . . .

Good for you, dog, good for you...

getlynched47
04-06-2009, 10:59 PM
So explain your opinion...I only watched him play one game last season.None of us know how well he'll do in KC just like none of us know how well Orton will do in Denver.

Cassel is a system Quarterback. Cassel will not be in the McDaniels system in Kansas City. Therefore, Cassel will struggle. It's just an opinion so take it with a grain of salt

Kapaibro
04-06-2009, 11:00 PM

I heard he failed the psych eval

went through too many box of tissues taking about his 'feelings' :laugh: ;)

KCL
04-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Cassel is a system Quarterback. Cassel will not be in the McDaniels system in Kansas City. Therefore, Cassel will struggle. It's just an opinion so take it with a grain of salt

:rolleyes: believe me I will.

LoyalSoldier
04-06-2009, 11:02 PM

I think your going to need more than a grain there.

http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/finesalt1.jpg

:D

getlynched47
04-06-2009, 11:02 PM

Have fun with McCassel! :salute:

Seriously, we have nothing to boast about with Chris Simms and Kyle Orton :rolleyes:

KCL
04-06-2009, 11:03 PM
I heard he failed the psych eval

went through too many box of tissues taking about his 'feelings' :laugh: ;)

Is he related to Dick Vermeil? :lol:

bullis26
04-06-2009, 11:04 PM
And now moving onto more important news Darrell Hackney was released today by the Broncos

KCL
04-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Have fun with McCassel! :salute:

Seriously, we have nothing to boast about with Chris Simms and Kyle Orton :rolleyes:

Like I said...no one knows how well Cassel will do but I love the way some people (like you) already have his season figured out.

LoyalSoldier
04-06-2009, 11:05 PM
You know KCL even though I know you are Kansas City Lady, I keep looking at your name and I see Potassium Chloride. I guess that is what I get for being a Chemistry major.

Lonestar
I know I personally have not used the "nick names" that people have given McD or slammed him in any kind of derogatory way, but I still maintain he is on a short leash in my eyes even if he isn't in the front office's.

Like I said if he comes through and starts winning all will be forgiven, but if he fails to deliver then I won't have any issue calling him the worst failure in Broncos history.

well I have used Mc Kid just because he is young.. not IMO a sign of disrespect.. like 98% of the others.. I now call him Josh as a sign of respect unlike calling shanahan mikey.....

Until he proves himself to be a loser or dip shit, I think those names are premature..

I think we should allow him to show it along with the team he fields before calling him names..

Personally I trust Pat has done the right thing in all of this and down the road it will all prove itself out..

getlynched47
Like I said...no one knows how well Cassel will do but I love the way some people (like you) already have his season figured out.

Yup :D

KCL
04-06-2009, 11:06 PM
You know KCL even though I know you are Kansas City Lady, I keep looking at your name and I see Potassium Chloride. I guess that is what I get for being a Chemistry major.

:lol: I have heard that before.

Lonestar
04-06-2009, 11:09 PM
:lol: I have heard that before.

IIRC lethal remind me to not accept drink from you..:laugh:

KCL
04-06-2009, 11:11 PM
IIRC lethal remind me to not accept drink from you..:laugh:

:pout:

Kapaibro
04-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Is he related to Dick Vermeil? :lol:

apparently

KCL
04-06-2009, 11:44 PM
apparently

When he was our coach and he would start crying my son would say...

"oh no...not again"....:lol:

Shazam!
04-07-2009, 12:05 AM
Everyone dumping on Cassel should remember we have to see him twice a year.

Kapaibro
04-07-2009, 12:08 AM
When he was our coach and he would start crying my son would say...

"oh no...not again"....:lol:

it was very unmanly

bcbronc
04-07-2009, 12:41 AM
so this Cutler chap...was he really *ever* a Bronco? I think not.

atwater27
04-07-2009, 12:43 AM

I other words, "I have 19000 posts, and I will dictate all thought here.:rolleyes:

Lonestar
04-07-2009, 12:48 AM
I other words, "I have 19000 posts, and I will dictate all thought here.:rolleyes:

I think MO has a legit comment about it is time to move on and not be so negative.. the milk has been spilled and it is now done..

atwater27
04-07-2009, 12:51 AM
I have adjusted to the change. go Bears.

"Well just go on to Bearsfan.com, traitor!"

Not a chance. You're stuck with me.

Simple Jaded
04-07-2009, 12:54 AM
Everyone dumping on Cassel should remember we have to see him twice a year.

And Doogie knows him inside and out (I don't mean that literally, but probably so), if Doogie is the Genius we all hope he is, he should have the Broncos defense well prepared.

Although Cassell is no longer in the same offense, think Jon Gruden Vs Rich Gannon

atwater27
04-07-2009, 12:56 AM
I dedicate my sig to this thread. so simple, so true. It'll stay my sig until Josh proves me wrong.

Elevation inc
04-07-2009, 05:53 AM
your right Jay isnt a bronco anymore and the quicker people realize that the quicker they can move on with there lives.

Look people.....living in the past only clouds your judgement and acceptance when it comes to the future.

it does not matter who you side with. it does not matter if you like MCD bowlen or jay cutler.

What matters is that we as fans still root for the 53 other players that will where the logo come game days.

that is what matters now!!! whats done is done. let it go and start finding it in yourself to cheer for denver as a loyal fan.....

personally i have my own views about what went down, but now that its over, even i realize its time to focus on the next season and not what could have been, because as histroy has shown living in what if scenarios and past occurences only leads you to miss out on the future.

but fear not if the future is bleak come game days, then perhaps a re-evealuation is needed, for now however we as bronco fans should saunter into the future with our heads held high, untill we are give a reason(losses piling up) not to any longer!!

Northman
04-07-2009, 06:21 AM
I'm sure you'd be much better under center than Chris Simms or Kyle Orton...

Im sure MO is used to a lot of Man-ass in his face.

CoachChaz
04-07-2009, 08:12 AM
I dedicate my sig to this thread. so simple, so true. It'll stay my sig until Josh proves me wrong.

But sigs like that are what define the true stupidass. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose

MOtorboat
04-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Im sure MO is used to a lot of Man-ass in his face.

:tsk:

atwater27
04-07-2009, 08:33 AM
But sigs like that are what define the true stupidass. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose

OK there Big Black. Have fun with the Polish Mafia. and uh.....
Read my sig.

CoachChaz
04-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Read my sig.

Is Wal-Mart still having a sale on crystal balls or is that sale over? I can see the Broncos got sold out by their fans, but I had hoped Wal-Mart didnt have the same issue with their psychic tools.

Thnikkaman
04-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Read my sig.

I can't without going into seizures.

KCL
04-07-2009, 09:37 AM
And Doogie knows him inside and out (I don't mean that literally, but probably so), if Doogie is the Genius we all hope he is, he should have the Broncos defense well prepared.

Although Cassell is no longer in the same offense, think Jon Gruden Vs Rich Gannon

So McDaniels know him well...that's equal to him knowing every play the Chiefs will be calling? okay........

BroncoJoe
04-07-2009, 09:40 AM
I can't without going into seizures.

Good reason to turn them off like I have.

frauschieze
04-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I think MO has a legit comment about it is time to move on and not be so negative.. the milk has been spilled and it is now done..

No offense, my friend, but coming from you, that's horribly hypocritical.

Dog said it best a few pages ago, but the fact of the matter is this is HUGE. It's not something that everyone is going to just going to "be over" because it's done. It's the end of a three year relationship, on top of the end of a 14 year relationship a few months before. It hasn't even been a full week since the trade.

And now people aren't supposed to be upset anymore? It's asinine to expect that. And furthermore, this is a message board. A meeting of minds. A place to exchange ideas. What the hell good is it if we're telling people not to think and feel the way they do, just because we don't agree?

Thnikkaman
04-07-2009, 10:11 AM

Dog said it best a few pages ago, but the fact of the matter is this is HUGE. It's not something that everyone is going to just going to "be over" because it's done. It's the end of a three year relationship, on top of the end of a 14 year relationship a few months before. It hasn't even been a full week since the trade.

And now people aren't supposed to be upset anymore? It's asinine to expect that. And furthermore, this is a message board. A meeting of minds. A place to exchange ideas. What the hell good is it if we're telling people not to think and feel the way they do, just because we don't agree?

You are right, nobody should be expected to get over something at a rate they aren't comfortable with.

Then again, this is just football. Its not like something horrific happened.

tubby
04-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Good reason to turn them off like I have.

Me too. You used to be able to view the users avatard and sig by clicking on the profile but now I think you have to turn sigs on to view at all.

This better be good.....

frauschieze
04-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Then again, this is just football. Its not like something horrific happened.

Oh fully agreed. I'm surprisingly more at peace than I expected to be. I just don't think it's fair to demand everyone else be over it just because I am.

Reidman
04-07-2009, 10:37 AM

Excellent post! I think it's more realistic to say that people might be more excepting of the situation after the draft and closer to the start of the season when the reality is, Cutler will no longer be playing for us.

I thought about keeping my sig through the season, but given I am a BRONCO fan firstly, and a player fan behind that, I will be changing it soon.

Broncolingus
04-07-2009, 11:28 AM
I thought about keeping my sig through the season, but given I am a BRONCO fan firstly, and a player fan behind that, I will be changing it soon.

'firstly?'

Go get a drink of water or something..

Lonestar
04-07-2009, 01:40 PM

Just because I was critical of mikey and sometimes jay.. does not mean I was vile in the names I used.. and I have always rooted for my team since I saw my first game in sept 1960..

While I understand your thoughts.. What good does it do.. It is done and over..

So many of those minds are so negative over what everyone knew was going to happen even if they did not want to admit it they knew that once jay would not talk to anyone without his lawyer present it was all over but the shouting..

Now it is time to let the truth settle out and once that has happened those with so much hate will get it..

OR not if they do not.. perhaps it is time to go to..

http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/default.aspx

SmilinAssasSin27
04-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Is Cutler still a Bronco?

CrazyHorse
04-07-2009, 06:41 PM
This thread is ridiculous.