PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Players Respond To The News Manning Is Coming To Denver!

Cugel
03-19-2012, 01:02 PM
The response from Denver's players has been about like you'd expect:

Ryan Clady ‏ @RyanClady

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clady wasn't done there, though. (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/17903417/report-peyton-manning-to-the-broncos-denver-will-try-to-trade-tim-tebow)He also said what we're all thinking when asked by Josina Anderson of ESPN about Tebow versus Manning.

"At the end of the day, Peyton Manning is just better than Tim Tebow," Clady said.

Von Miller echoed a similar statement as well.

"I love Tim Tebow on and off the field — he is a great teammate," Miller told Anderson, via MDS at PFT. “But we can learn a lot more from Peyton Manning because he's been to Super Bowls, he's a four-time MVP."

"Music to my ears," Willis McGahee said when asked about news while on a Sirius XM radio spot.

The fact that Tebowmania and Manning's search for a new home is, quite frankly, impossible to fathom.

In 2012, Denver plays their home-and-home AFC West schedule. They also play the Steelers, Browns, Buccaneers, Saints and Texans at home. On the road, Denver will travel to the Ravens, Bengals, Falcons, Panthers, Patriots.

Speaking of 2012, the Super Bowl is in New Orleans, where the Manning family is from.

Feel free to post some more player reactions to the news as you find them!

underrated29
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
mcgahee had a good one..

Something like all you free agents, you know where its at. Its going down...something to that effect.

Northman
03-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Im glad they are happy, lets just hope they dont stand around and oogle at Manning and play hard for him.

MileHighCrew
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Im glad they are happy, lets just hope they dont stand around and oogle at Manning and play hard for him. if they tired he would smack them stupid

Cugel
03-19-2012, 02:03 PM
if they tired he would smack them stupid

That's one thing about Manning. He's definitely NOT an easy teammate to have --- if you are an underachiever who's not handling his assignment. He will let you know in no uncertain terms that what he demands of himself he demands of his teammates.

And it's going to be Manning's team. No doubt about who the leader is on this team now. That's a big part of how he achieves what he achieved (averaging 12 wins a season) with a team that without him won 2 games.

Sort of like how the Broncos lost Elway and T.D. and fell to 6-10 from 13-3 and SB champions in 1999.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 02:06 PM
mcgahee had a good one..

Something like all you free agents, you know where its at. Its going down...something to that effect.

I think McGahee is going to fade into obscurity without the read-option...Much easier to run when your QB is eliminating one of the defenders and they don't even know how to defend the offense...

McGahee in a traditional offense = McGahee of 2010.

Cugel
03-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Here's Doom's response:

2h Elvis Dumervil Elvis Dumervil ‏ @EKD92

SMH...What a power move! @MillerLite40 let the hunting begin.

1h Elvis Dumervil Elvis Dumervil ‏ @EKD92

We have a ton of work to do but boy we going to have some fun grinding! Gotta put the time in ....Lets welcome Manning Bronco Nation

I think we can get behind that sentiment! :beer:

Foochacho
03-19-2012, 02:12 PM
I think McGahee is going to fade into obscurity without the read-option...Much easier to run when your QB is eliminating one of the defenders and they don't even know how to defend the offense...

Yea, manning won't open up the run game with a legitimate passing threat. McGahee and Moreno will look great this year.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Yea, manning won't open up the run game with a legitimate passing threat. McGahee and Moreno will look great this year.

I might buy the McGahee argument, but even Manning can't make Moreno look good.

Northman
03-19-2012, 02:15 PM

Actually, McGahee's numbers in Bmore were more to being the secondary back to Rice not because of the offense they ran.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 02:26 PM

Something tells me DT and Decker had better come into camp with their heads screwed on right and with soft hands to catch the football consistently! And we haven't talked about if the WR's don't run the correct routs!!!!

There's a new Sheriff in town at QB and he ain't taking no excuses!!!!

claymore
03-19-2012, 02:27 PM

One point they made on ESPN earlier that it instantly makes our backs better. They are always going to get the good looks. If manning see's the 8 man fronts or run blitzes etc he will check out of them.

Its funny you say Moreno doesnt look good, or wont, but he is leaps and bounds better at his position than Tebow is/was.

Northman
03-19-2012, 02:30 PM
One point they made on ESPN earlier that it instantly makes our backs better. They are always going to get the good looks. If manning see's the 8 man fronts or run blitzes etc he will check out of them.

Its funny you say Moreno doesnt look good, or wont, but he is leaps and bounds better at his position than Tebow is/was.

Moreno still isnt all that too me, definitely not a first rounder. But, out of the backfield he is very dangerous.

LTC Pain
03-19-2012, 02:32 PM
i think mcgahee is going to fade into obscurity without the read-option...much easier to run when your qb is eliminating one of the defenders and they don't even know how to defend the offense...

Mcgahee in a traditional offense = mcgahee of 2010.

roflmao!!!

Nomad
03-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Tebow has called Elway, Manning and Bowlen to give them congrats on the successful move.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 02:35 PM

ESPN makes a lot of points...many of them are as invalid as some on these boards.

claymore
03-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Moreno still isnt all that too me, definitely not a first rounder. But, out of the backfield he is very dangerous.

I concuur. And my post was kinda snarky. for no reason. Sorry vandammage13.

Foochacho
03-19-2012, 02:38 PM
If Moreno comes back healthy he will look good in the flats. He has the ability to make plays in space. He has good spin moves and has no problem hurdling people. He is not speedy but will move the chains.

claymore
03-19-2012, 02:40 PM
ESPN makes a lot of points...many of them are as invalid as some on these boards.

That one to me makes sense. I dont think we will lead the league in rushing this next year, but I think our runningbacks will face less 8man fronts than we have in the past 2-3. Less dudes in the backfield.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 02:42 PM
That one to me makes sense. I dont think we will lead the league in rushing this next year, but I think our runningbacks will face less 8man fronts than we have in the past 2-3. Less dudes in the backfield.

We might be facing a lot of 8 man fronts when we have to trot Adam Weber out there in Week 7....I hope this doesn't happen, but it is very plausible.

Mike
03-19-2012, 02:54 PM
We might be facing a lot of 8 man fronts when we have to trot Adam Weber out there in Week 7....I hope this doesn't happen, but it is very plausible.

Won't be Weber. They will get somebody.

Dr Velcro
03-19-2012, 02:56 PM
You will have more Colts turned Broncos by the end of the week.

claymore
03-19-2012, 02:59 PM

Meh, I think Tebows more at risk to injury than Manning is....

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Meh, I think Tebows more at risk to injury than Manning is....

I'll have to disagree with you there...Sure Tebow runs around a lot but at 235lbs he's built to take hits... and in Manning's case, anytime you're dealing with neck injuries there is uncertainty.

Northman
03-19-2012, 03:05 PM
I'll have to disagree with you there...Sure Tebow runs around a lot but at 235lbs he's built to take hits... and in Manning's case, anytime you're dealing with neck injuries there is uncertainty.

To some degree but not in the long haul. Back in his rookie year he got hurt in a pre-season game. While players can get injured the way Tebow plays raises the risk of injury 10 fold. Admire his toughness but i said the same thing about Griese before it ruined him and he wasnt even a scrambler.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 03:07 PM
To some degree but not in the long haul. Back in his rookie year he got hurt in a pre-season game. While players can get injured the way Tebow plays raises the risk of injury 10 fold. Admire his toughness but i said the same thing about Griese before it ruined him and he wasnt even a scrambler.

Long haul??? Exactly how long do you think Manning is going to don the orange and blue??

claymore
03-19-2012, 03:07 PM

He is healed. Something to keep an eye on. Tebows had a concussion befroe, he's more at risk there than Manning and he takes a ton more hits. He could lose a year off of a concussion easily.

Northman
03-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Long haul??? Exactly how long do you think Manning is going to don the orange and blue??

Are we talking Manning or Tebow? I thought we were talking Tebow?

Manning is a pocket passer. He doesnt run around and take on LB's so his percentage of injury risk is a lot lower than Tebows. Manning probably has about 3-4 years left tops but that wasnt what i was addressing with your post.

Cugel
03-19-2012, 03:19 PM

NOBODY is "built to take hits." Tebow is a tough guy and can take a beating. But a QB who runs opens himself up to kill shots from S's & LBs.

There is a simple rule in the NFL: Guys like Troy Polomalu and Ray Lewis are bigger than you and faster than you and they hit a lot harder. If you want to stay healthy stay away from those guys. Otherwise it's just a matter of time.

You SAW that Tebow got hurt in the NE game. If the Broncos had somehow won, it's unlikely that Tebow could have played in the AFC title game. Unless he stops running around like that he's just not going to last. Period. :coffee:

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 03:23 PM
NOBODY is "built to take hits." Tebow is a tough guy and can take a beating. But a QB who runs opens himself up to kill shots from S's & LBs.

There is a simple rule in the NFL: Guys like Troy Polomalu and Ray Lewis are bigger than you and faster than you and they hit a lot harder. If you want to stay healthy stay away from those guys. Otherwise it's just a matter of time.

You SAW that Tebow got hurt in the NE game. If the Broncos had somehow won, it's unlikely that Tebow could have played in the AFC title game. Unless he stops running around like that he's just not going to last. Period. :coffee:

I do agree you want to stay away from those guys for sure, but the injury you are referring to happened in the pocket if you want to check the tape....

Besides, there is video out there of Tebow finishing a game on a broken leg, so I think anything short of that he's going to play...

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Are we talking Manning or Tebow? I thought we were talking Tebow?

Manning is a pocket passer. He doesnt run around and take on LB's so his percentage of injury risk is a lot lower than Tebows. Manning probably has about 3-4 years left tops but that wasnt what i was addressing with your post.

Clay and I were comparing Manning's chance of injury to Tebow's...so the discussion was about both.

So again, if we're talking long haul you think Manning is less of a risk?...Manning's one hit away from being done...Tebow's one hit away from missing a season...

Northman
03-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Clay and I were comparing Manning's chance of injury to Tebow's...so the discussion was about both.

So again, if we're talking long haul you think Manning is less of a risk?

Ok, well my point still stands. Tebow is at a higher risk of injury than Manning because of the type of player he is. Especially for the long haul as his career moves on. Its why in this day and age teams are going with split backs instead of a primary one. The beating they take is harsh and now you add that too a QB and that spells trouble. Furthermore, with today's rules the QB is far more protected when in the pocket. But when it comes to them scrambling about they become free game.

Foochacho
03-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Vandammage please go away for a few days you are ruining our party. ******* buzz kill.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Vandammage please go away for a few days you are ruining our party. ******* buzz kill.

Haha...just trying to bring perspective...Everyone's celebrating like the SB is in the books and I'm just very guarded against that kind of talk.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Ok, well my point still stands. Tebow is at a higher risk of injury than Manning because of the type of player he is. Especially for the long haul as his career moves on. Its why in this day and age teams are going with split backs instead of a primary one. The beating they take is harsh and now you add that too a QB and that spells trouble. Furthermore, with today's rules the QB is far more protected when in the pocket. But when it comes to them scrambling about they become free game.

There are still hits within the rules that the QB is inevitably going to take...For instance remember the Doom hit on Brady? I'm not sure if Manning is taking any hits like that and getting back up.

GEM
03-19-2012, 03:44 PM

He'd be yelling at Elway....Cut that meat!!!

BeefStew25
03-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Bay Bay is having mixed emotions on this I think.

Cugel
03-19-2012, 04:03 PM
I do agree you want to stay away from those guys for sure, but the injury you are referring to happened in the pocket if you want to check the tape....

Besides, there is video out there of Tebow finishing a game on a broken leg, so I think anything short of that he's going to play...

It isn't a question of "finishing a game." During the latter portion of a playoff game the adrenaline is flowing and he could play hurt. A week later?

Doubt the doctors would have cleared him to play with that injury.

rcsodak
03-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Clady said to the effect that last yr it was crazy. Teams would crowd 10 in the box to stop the run and yet they still ran it. He doesnt see that happening now.

Cugel
03-19-2012, 04:07 PM

I've been making this point for years, but it's like talking to the wind for all the notice that these guys take. :ranger:

How tough the guy is almost is irrelevant. Sure Tebow is a big guy and can take a hit. But, he's not bigger or tougher than a RB like Terrell Davis and we saw how the hits he took shortened his career (it wasn't just the Matt Lepsis hit on his knee he had a degenerative condition in both knees).

Run the ball, risk injury. Period. There are no exceptions. It's just a question of statistics. The more chances you take, the sooner your # is going to come up.

Old Military Saying: "There are old warriors. And there are Bold warriors. But there are no old, bold warriors."

Foochacho
03-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Haha...just trying to bring perspective...Everyone's celebrating like the SB is in the books and I'm just very guarded against that kind of talk.

I don't see people celebrating like the super bowl is in the books just that we finally have a chance. For the first time in a long time we have a chance. Other wise we prob don't make the playoffs. Last year even after the steeler game most new we still had no shot of going all the way. Let us have our celebration we have a legitimate passing threat,it has been years.

Northman
03-19-2012, 04:16 PM
There are still hits within the rules that the QB is inevitably going to take...For instance remember the Doom hit on Brady? I'm not sure if Manning is taking any hits like that and getting back up.

Possible but i also think some of the Oline woes were because they kept expecting Tebow to run all the time so when they let up they probably thought he was out of the pocket already. When you have a QB who is in the pocket and isnt a known scrambler than your focus is just to pass block.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 04:39 PM
It isn't a question of "finishing a game." During the latter portion of a playoff game the adrenaline is flowing and he could play hurt. A week later?

Doubt the doctors would have cleared him to play with that injury.

If it's not a head injury, the docs aren't going to hold him out of a playoff game if he's willing to play...

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 04:43 PM
I don't see people celebrating like the super bowl is in the books just that we finally have a chance. For the first time in a long time we have a chance. Other wise we prob don't make the playoffs. Last year even after the steeler game most new we still had no shot of going all the way. Let us have our celebration we have a legitimate passing threat,it has been years.

Go ahead and celebrate...It is a good day after all...I think I'm still holding a grudge against Manning because I wasted my 1st pick on him in my Fantasy Fooball League last year right before he had another neck surgery.

SOCALORADO.
03-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Go ahead and celebrate...It is a good day after all...I think I'm still holding a grudge against Manning because I wasted my 1st pick on him in my Fantasy Fooball League last year right before he had another neck surgery.

Somebody get this guy his 1st BJ. Sheesh.

underrated29
03-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Clady said to the effect that last yr it was crazy. Teams would crowd 10 in the box to stop the run and yet they still ran it. He doesnt see that happening now.

Is that tebows fault of Mike Mccoys?

Sorry, but now I think everyone will finally get to see just how shitacular mike mccoy is

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Somebody get this guy his 1st BJ. Sheesh.

You offering?

HammeredOut
03-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Tebow said "Finally we have a real Quarterback", "Now they can just focus on handing off the ball to me, like im most comfortable doing".

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 04:57 PM
WdFg6lV-TDg

SOCALORADO.
03-19-2012, 04:59 PM
You offering?

Tebow is a virgin, so i dont know what your gonna do.
Someone in the greater Philadelphia area should be able to help you out.

HammeredOut
03-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Tebow is a virgin, so i dont know what your gonna do.
Someone in the greater Philadelphia area should be able to help you out.

Those fans in Philly would trade Tebow around for a pack of smokes just to bust open Tebows Cherry..

tomjonesrocks
03-19-2012, 10:38 PM

Am not sure there's less a Moreno fan here than me--but maybe, just maybe, Manning can make something out of him. Moreno can catch--he just usually can't do anything worthwhile with the ball when he has it.

Npba900
03-20-2012, 07:09 AM

The hits Tebow was starting to accumulate would have eventually taken its toll either with sacks or taking off running with the ball. This is the NFL after all and not the SEC. Today's NFL Defenders are quicker, stronger, and faster and are willing to dish out hits and take the fines. Vicious hits and making the ESPN highlight reels is all a part of the NFL. No way Tebow's body can withstand the wear and tear. In fact, Tebow was injured/dinged up more than we know in 2011. There is safety from within the pocket for today's NFL QB.....especially if you can read defenses, check down to 2nd and 3rd options, while having the ability to get rid of the ball accurately and consistently. However, these are not Tebow's strong points. Tebow still remains a run first QB if his first read/WR is not open. Therein lies the punishment Tebow would continued to take had he started in 2012.

Npba900
03-20-2012, 07:13 AM
Is that tebows fault of Mike Mccoys?

Sorry, but now I think everyone will finally get to see just how shitacular mike mccoy is

Who knows PM may show McCoy how to become a better OC. One thing is for sure the Broncos players are excited that PM will be leading them in 2012.

claymore
03-20-2012, 07:25 AM
I dont see the McCoy hate. Look what he had to work with. Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow. Neither are starting QB's. It would have taken a pretty amazing OC to make tebow look better than he did.

Npba900
03-20-2012, 09:07 AM

If Tebow suffers injuries from within the pocket it means he held on to the ball too and failed to pull trigger because he made the correct read to the open WR or he failed to throw the ball away because he knew no one was open.