PDA

View Full Version : If we can't trade Tebow.

CrazyHorse
03-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Do we cut him?

Northman
03-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Nah, why? He's under contract. He's still a positive lockerroom guy and can learn from Manning. No reason to cut him.

MileHighCrew
03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
According to NFLN, yes they will cut him.

weazel
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
do I think they will? yes.

should they? I dont think so

wayninja
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Is this serious? Why would we cut him?

I definitely can understand a trade, but why on earth we would do this?

Nomad
03-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Nah, why? He's under contract. He's still a positive lockerroom guy and can learn from Manning. No reason to cut him.

I believe Tebow will be nothing but professional and positive.......it's his fanatics the FO is tired of.

SM19
Despite the circus he's brought to this town, I hope we keep him if we can't get something for him. He's still a useful gadget player.

MileHighCrew
I don't think Elway will ever be sold on Tebow, best to remove him why we are all giddy over Manning ad be done with it.

Chef Zambini
03-19-2012, 01:04 PM

I definitely can understand a trade, but why on earth we would do this?to get out from under the huge headache that is TEBOW !
JE is probably almost as happy at unloading timmy as he is about signing manning.
its like winning the lottery and being cured of cancer on the same day !

Northman
03-19-2012, 01:04 PM
I believe Tebow will be nothing but professional and positive.......it's his fanatics the FO is tired of.

Even with that though you dont just cut him. That would be stupid. While i understand their annoyance with the fanboi's its not like they would be watching Orton out there. If they cant root for Manning of all people they dont belong in a Bronco stadium to begin with. If Manning wins ballgames and they are still clamoring about Tebow than thats just ridiculous.

Cugel
03-19-2012, 01:06 PM

I definitely can understand a trade, but why on earth we would do this?

Don't get your shorts in a bind. The suggestion is that he might be worth a 3rd round pick. If they can't get that they can always find a team that would trade maybe a 5th or 6th rounder.

He's certainly worth perhaps a 5th just to fill in as a backup. His salary is reasonable, he has a couple of years left on his contract and he has some potential to develop. He's a hard worker and a good community man.

You sign him and he's going to be 100% positive for your team. The big drawback is all the fan and media attention that comes with him. A lot of teams won't want that, so that limits the market a bit.

But, somebody is bound to offer SOMETHING for him.

They're not going to have to just release him for nothing.

blamkin86
03-19-2012, 01:07 PM
No, it's when Manning loses a game or two that Tim's fans will be screaming most loudly. That's the only reason I can fathom to just cut the guy.

I'm kind of waiting to see what Manning does or says about it - or whether the FO takes charge and says what will happen.

Chef Zambini
03-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Despite the circus he's brought to this town, I hope we keep him if we can't get something for him. He's still a useful gadget player.anyone that really cares about timmy and his development, would recognize that timmy wont develop under Pm who will take ALL the snaps in practice.
TT needs to go somewhere that will allow TT to be TT.
jacksonville.
He has a 2 year window to be all he can be in jacksonville.
eventually all the T zealots will come to realize that TT is nothing more than a PR boost / nightmare.
In jax, he will be just what the owner wants, $$$.

Cugel
03-19-2012, 01:10 PM

That's entirely right. In retrospect, that billboard might have been the death-knell of Tim Tebow's career in Denver. Management doesn't like to be called out like that by the fans. They feel like they are making the best football decisions for the franchise and then the HYSTERICAL faction gets on their case with conspiracy theories.

It probably doesn't bother them a bit not to have to try and placate angry and ignorant Tebowniacs any more. :coffee:

claymore
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
If we cant trade him I think we will cut him. I dont think its worth waiting that long. All we are going to get is a late round pick. He isnt worth the circus.

Shock and Awww. Dont give the Tebow zombies long enough to regroup!!!

Nomad
03-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Dont give the Tebow zombies long enough to regroup!!!

You should write a book on, "Famous Claymore quotes".:lol:

Npba900
03-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Even with that though you dont just cut him. That would be stupid. While i understand their annoyance with the fanboi's its not like they would be watching Orton out there. If they cant root for Manning of all people they dont belong in a Bronco stadium to begin with. If Manning wins ballgames and they are still clamoring about Tebow than thats just ridiculous.

Agreed. Why not spend the next 2-3 years developing and convincing Tebow to switch to TE. Unless Tebow wants to spend his entire career as backup QB. Point is, the teams that do trade for Tebow are trading for him to use as a slash/gadet/h-back/TE.

This how Tebow could comeback to haunt Denver.

claymore
03-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Tebow will be out of the league in 5 years.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 01:26 PM
If we cant trade him I think we will cut him. I dont think its worth waiting that long. All we are going to get is a late round pick. He isnt worth the circus.

Shock and Awww. Dont give the Tebow zombies long enough to regroup!!!

I say keep him if he comes to his senses and he approaches Elway of making a position switch to TE. Then maybe Elway would keep him.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
to get out from under the huge headache that is TEBOW !
JE is probably almost as happy at unloading timmy as he is about signing manning.
its like winning the lottery and being cured of cancer on the same day !

If going from 1-4 to the divisional round is a headache, then I hope Manning is a Percy Harvin sized migraine.

claymore
03-19-2012, 02:01 PM
I say keep him if he comes to his senses and he approaches Elway of making a position switch to TE. Then maybe Elway would keep him.

He would have to be a pretty special TE to put up with the crap that follows that guy.

Foochacho
03-19-2012, 02:04 PM
I think pittsburgh should take him. He might be a good backup to big ben. Plus they may have a little respect for him after that ass kicking.

Dzone
03-19-2012, 02:08 PM
The talk is that Tebow will be released if a trade cant be worked out

LTC Pain
03-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Let the Tebowmaniacs negotiate a trade for TT! That will get it done in no time.