PDA

View Full Version : You're Welcome!

Manning_Up!
03-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Ex-Colt here!

You now have the best quarterback in history; what do you plan to do next?

Your popularity is exploding right now. These forums will probably have hundreds of new members by the end of the day. Excited?!

Question for the old guard - how does it feel now that Peyton Manning is the best quarterback to ever play for your franchise? I know I'd be pumped; hell, I am pumped!

As everyone knows, Colts grow up to become Broncos!

Ravage!!!
03-19-2012, 12:48 PM
You do realize that we just had the QB that had the largest following of obsessed fans in the world, right?

Also, don't start your first day as a poster on the Broncos board by trying to suggest that Manning is better than Elway. He's not, has never been, and no one here is going to follow that line of thinking.

If you want to start fights, thats a good place to start.

Krugan
03-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Ex-Colt here!

Your popularity is exploding right now. These forums will probably have hundreds of new members by the end of the day. Excited?!

Question for the old guard - how does it feel now that Peyton Manning is the beat quarterback to ever play for your franchise? I know I'd be pumped; hell, I am pumped!

Have you ever heard the name Elway?

catfish
03-19-2012, 12:50 PM
LOL, this is going to get interesting

Northman
03-19-2012, 12:50 PM
You do realize that we just had the QB that had the largest following of obsessed fans in the world, right?

Also, don't start your first day as a poster on the Broncos board by trying to suggest that Manning is better than Elway. He's not, has never been, and no one here is going to follow that line of thinking.

If you want to start fights, thats a good place to start.

I think this is BG. :lol:

SOCALORADO.
03-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Ex-Colt here!

Question for the old guard - how does it feel now that Peyton Manning is the best quarterback to ever play for your franchise? I know I'd be pumped; hell, I am pumped!

Yep we do have the best QB in history. John Elway. He just executed a really good trade to bring a HOF QB to DEN.

Timmy!
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

lgenf
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM
ha ha, oh boy

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 12:56 PM
I told you guys :D

:lol:

We are trading one circus for another.

Somehow, I think people here will be more tolerant of this circus if for no other reason Manning is a traditional QB :rolleyes:

Northman
03-19-2012, 12:58 PM
I told you guys :D

:lol:

We are trading one circus for another.

Somehow, I think people here will be more tolerant of this circus if for no other reason Manning is a traditional QB :rolleyes:

Not because he is a traditional QB, but because he is a champion and future HOF. Cutler hasnt won squat but while in Denver i was totally on board with him because i believed he is a very good QB. With Tebow, i dont have faith in him like that despite what happened this offseason.

weazel
03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Ex-Colt here!

we'll see, I guess. I won't complain if he came in and won every year, so sure... thanks

SM19
03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Yeah, this is a troll. No one comes onto this board and suggests that Peyton Manning is better than John Elway twice in his first post out of sheer obliviousness.

PatriotsGuy
03-19-2012, 01:02 PM
I really hope the Patriots don't trade for Tebow.

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 01:04 PM
With Tebow, i dont have faith in him like that despite what happened this offseason.

So that is a valid reason to treat the new Bronco fans that came because of Tebow like shit? Got it. So I guess the Colt fans that come here because of Manning will be ok.

I'm not picking on you North. I just don't get why some here feel it is their right to "fancard" and "fancheck" new Bronco fans whether they came from Tebow or any other player. The fact is this team picked up a ton of fans from any drafted/signed player. People just were dooshes to the Tebow fans and that isn't cool.

weazel
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM

I hear they're in talks right now! also heard he's gonna start and Brady is going to be moved to wide receiver, Pags!

PatriotsGuy
03-19-2012, 01:06 PM
I hear they're in talks right now! also heard he's gonna start and Brady is going to be moved to wide receiver, Pags!

Lol!

Manning_Up!
03-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Have you ever heard the name Elway?

Oh, sure. Everyone has. Let's be honest with ourselves though - Peyton never had the teams Elway had. Peyton never had a defense. Peyton never had a real running threat.

Peyton is generally regarded as the best QB in modern history. No one QB is the total package like he is. Elway relied on an offensive coordinator. Peyton IS the OC.

Being #2 to Peyton is nothing to be ashamed of. You guys are instantly SB contenders and will be for years. You just landed the biggest FA in the history of the sport.

Yep we do have the best QB in history. John Elway. He just executed a really good trade to bring a HOF QB to DEN.

I think it's pretty cool that Elway will be remembered as the man who brought in Manning. Good point!

Northman
03-19-2012, 01:13 PM
So that is a valid reason to treat the new Bronco fans that came because of Tebow like shit? Got it. So I guess the Colt fans that come here because of Manning will be ok.

I'm not picking on you North. I just don't get why some here feel it is their right to "fancard" and "fancheck" new Bronco fans whether they came from Tebow or any other player. The fact is this team picked up a ton of fans from any drafted/signed player. People just were dooshes to the Tebow fans and that isn't cool.

To be honest, the fandom of Timmy is something that ive never seen. Im being completely honest. Its probably why i cant fully explain how Tim did what he did last year. And while i understand he is the kind of guy who is easy to like ive never seen the obsessive facination with him compared to other players. Its just weird to me. But, to get to your point i dont think that it was about treating Tebow fans like shit on purpose. I think because of guys like Bullgator and Jags it just trickled down to some of the others and they all got lost in the shuffle. Like i said, if Tebow gets traded than i would expect some of the better posters like Jagsgirl and Catfish to hang around. Its not even to say that guys like Jags and Bullgator are stupid, they just are totally unreasonable and out of control. Sure, there are some on the other side of the fence that are the same way but not near as much as ive seen with Timmy. Its not his fault but the select few who are the loudest on here unfortuantely ruined the experience for all and unfortuantely those who came here on good terms got thrown in with them. Its not ok to be shitty to people one way or the other but this is the interwebz and its something that happens on every forum. Like the Tebow fans though, i often get thrown in the Tebow hate crowd when that is far from the truth. Im critical of him yes, but i like a lot of other things about him as a player/person. Either way, there will probably be some unbearable Manning fans that come through here but after Tebowmania i think ive learned how to address that aspect. Ignore has become my best buddy the last few months and if there is a Manning fan who is equally as obsessed i will just ignore it instead of falling for the bait. Not much else one can do really.

Stratos
03-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Oh, sure. Everyone has. Let's be honest with ourselves though - Peyton never had the teams Elway had. Peyton never had a defense. Peyton never had a real running threat.

Peyton is generally regarded as the best QB in modern history. No one QB is the total package like he is. Elway relied on an offensive coordinator. Peyton IS the OC.

Being #2 to Peyton is nothing to be ashamed of. You guys are instantly SB contenders and will be for years. You just landed the biggest FA in the history of the sport.

I think it's pretty cool that Elway will be remembered as the man who brought in Manning. Good point!

Agree - Peyton did things that no qb ever even tried before. Elway was good, but Manning never refused to play for a team that drafted him.

Northman
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Agree - Peyton did things that no qb ever even tried before. Elway was good, but Manning never refused to play for a team that drafted him.

True. Eli chose not to play for a team and got 2 SB rings like Elway.

topscribe
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Ex-Colt here!You now have the best quarterback in history; what do you plan to do next?Your popularity is exploding right now. These forums will probably have hundreds of new members by the end of the day. Excited?!Question for the old guard - how does it feel now that Peyton Manning is the best quarterback to ever play for your franchise? I know I'd be pumped; hell, I am pumped!As everyone knows, Colts grow up to become Broncos!I'm ecstatic over Manning.I just hope Tebow's lemmings are not replaced by a mob of Manning's lemmings.I don't want the circus, no matter who is the QB. :tsk:

slim
03-19-2012, 01:20 PM

Almost 30 years later and sitll bitter :lol:

Chef Zambini
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
I really hope the Patriots don't trade for Tebow.fear not PG, tom brady wont allow tebow to disrupt his team, he wont let the tebow circus come to town.

Bullgator
03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
AHHHHHahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaha

Out with the old in with the new!

Hey Manning fans tell me again about the greatest player of all time again? You know the one that isn't called Elway? ahahahahahahahhhahhahahah

Careful what you wish for DB fans!

Manning_Up!
03-19-2012, 01:26 PM
With your pass rush and Manning, how many Super Bowls do you think you'll win?

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 01:40 PM

I'll give you the Defensive argument, but no running game?? I guess Faulk and Edge were chopped liver.

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Peyton never had a real running threat.

**** of here with that. Wasn't Faulk in Indy for the beginning of the Manning years? LOL. Edgerrin James wasn't a real running threat. PLEASE.

Tom Brady says :hi:

I don't buy the SB contender BS. This team isn't a QB away from the SB.

I think it's pretty cool that Elway will be remembered as the man who brought in Manning. Good point![/QUOTE]

EastCoastBronco
03-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Ex-Colt here!

******* troll.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

Nomad
03-19-2012, 01:54 PM

If anyone can utilize Tebow's strengths to better their team, it's Belichick.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm ecstatic over Manning.I just hope Tebow's lemmings are not replaced by a mob of Manning's lemmings.I don't want the circus, no matter who is the QB. :tsk:

Top, you really have an apparent disdain for circuses...Did your parents lose you at one when you were a kid or something??

I can tolerate a circus if it brings excitment and winning along with it...You seem to be set in your ways and would just assume having a ho-hum season as long as the rif-raf stays away...

hotcarl
03-19-2012, 02:02 PM
welcome manning_up! i like your style!!

wayninja
03-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Thank god with are finally rid of those arrogant Tebow fanboy jerks.

Manning_Up!
03-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Thanks hotcarl!

I love your sig.

iLands
03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
*Clears throat*

CrazyHorse
03-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Ex-Colt here!

I think Manning is better than Elway.:couch:

catfish
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
point of fact...Manning put up exactly the same stats as Elway last year

Manning_Up!
03-19-2012, 03:21 PM

Saddle up for a wild ride!

Northman
03-19-2012, 03:23 PM

Statistically yes.

CrazyHorse
03-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Hell, even Tebow was better than Elway for his first year starting for most of the season...

Manning_Up!
03-19-2012, 03:36 PM
DT will be elite next year. Manning will make him a very happy young 'un.

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Peyton Manning is the greatest quarterback to ever play.

Please discuss amongst yourselves.

:coffee:

wayninja
03-19-2012, 10:14 PM
He's the greatest Colt to ever play, I'll give him that. Time will tell how history judges him in Orange and Blue.

Oh, sorry, what I meant was; Glory be to thee, Payton of Manning! Blessings on us that you may grace our miserable team with your magnanimous visage! Truly our feeble cries of suffering have been answered, in thy mercy.

Fullback32
03-19-2012, 10:32 PM
He's the greatest Colt to ever play, I'll give him that. Time will tell how history judges him in Orange and Blue.

Oh, sorry, what I meant was; Glory be to thee, Payton of Manning! Blessings on us that you may grace our miserable team with your magnanimous visage! Truly our feeble cries of suffering have been answered, in thy mercy.

Greater than Johnny Unitas?

wayninja
03-19-2012, 10:57 PM

Yes.

Dzone
03-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Wonder if the new Bronco fans, who are fans now simply because they love Peyton Manning, will be welcomed or degraded for not being "real" Bronco fans. :pound:

Medford Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Wow did Joe Montana in his prime sign here? The best I ever saw Period and painful at times.

Medford Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:23 PM

Different era. It is so hard to compare apples to oranges. Both are great in their Eras.

Johnny Unitas basically invented the 2 minute drill and was threw one TD in like 47 straight games. That is unreal. I think Drew Brees is a close 2nd at 43

wayninja
03-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Wonder if the new Bronco fans, who are fans now simply because they love Peyton Manning, will be welcomed or degraded for not being "real" Bronco fans. :pound:

They will be more accepted, that is for sure. Manning demands greater respect and therefore 'nut huggers' will be more justified in their nut hugging. That's how shit rolls.

Dzone
03-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Unitas was 10 x better than Peyton Manning.Unitas played outside in the mud and wind in an era when his receivers could be manhandled and defenders were able to twist the qbs head off and slam it to the ground. He still threw for a TD in 57 straight games. Unitas in an indoor arena, with no wind, perfect 70 degrees and todays pussified rules, would have won 6 super bowls.

Dzone
03-19-2012, 11:32 PM
I loved the baltimore colts until Irsay snuck the team out of baltimore in the middle of the night in mayflower moving vans. The Indy Colts will always suck because of that

Medford Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Unitas was 10 x better than Peyton Manning.Unitas played outside in the mud and wind in an era when his receivers could be manhandled and defenders were able to twist the qbs head off and slam it to the ground. He still threw for a TD in 57 straight games. Unitas in an indoor arena, with no wind, perfect 70 degrees and todays pussified rules, would have won 6 super bowls.

47 but who is counting :lol: http://www.profootballhof.com/history/decades/1960s/unitas.aspx

He changed the game as well. But he is not 10 x better. That is so far fetched it is not even funny. Different era as well. It is like saying Otto Graham is better than Joe Montana. You really cant compare. Graham never faced the sophicated defenses that Montana did.

who cares anyways. I respect both and am glad we have Manning. as long as he is healthy he is better than anything since Elway.

Medford Bronco
03-19-2012, 11:35 PM
I loved the baltimore colts until Irsay snuck the team out of baltimore in the middle of the night in mayflower moving vans. The Indy Colts will always suck because of that

Why is it the Indy Colts fans fault. The Colorado Avalanche got a team from Quebec. Do the Avs fans suck too? They just got the team, just like Indy did. It is not on them.

it is the owner. Both Irsays sucked then and always will. That is the main reason why Elway would not go to Baltimore in 83. Cant blame him.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Dzone, I double checked the numbers and even with generous variables, Unitas was only 2.47x better than Unitas.

Who knew?

Dzone
03-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Dzone, I double checked the numbers and even with generous variables, Unitas was only 2.47x better than Unitas.

Who knew?
LMAO! Manning couldnt carry Johnny U's girdle

DenBronx
03-20-2012, 12:08 AM
welcome manning_up! i like your style!!

Thanks hotcarl!

I love your sig.

This has got to be another one of your dummy accounts.

Damnnnnn I'm good!!!