PDA

View Full Version : New offensive coordinator - bonus addition

G_Money
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Less McCoy and more Manning in the offensive design and execution will be a wonderful bonus. In that contract they're writing I hope they make Manning stay on as OC even if he winds up in a wheelchair from some neck catastrophe.

http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/36730.gif

Now we just need to keep him upright and get him the tools to be effective...

DT and Decker have to be ecstatic right now. And with Manning coordinating the offense I'm gettin' there myself.

Somebody tell him we can run the ball a little here, though.

~G

slim
03-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Oh, I thought McCoy was a genius for the way he handled the offense last year. :fart:

I am so glad he won't be running the offense any more.

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Now we just need to keep him upright and get him the tools to be effective...

I just posted the same in another thread. This team's draft perspective probably changes. I bet they go find a replacement for Beadles. At least someone who can seriously push him. They also go and get a RB. Those will probably be the first two positions taken in rounds 1 and 2 of the draft. No sense in payin Maning $95+ Million and depending on Beadles to protect him.

McGahee was a much different back in the Tebow offense than the more traditional style offense we had under Orton.

Dcoy
03-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Some protection will help. The OL isnt bad now, with Saturday to feed the ball and help run the line we will be fine! now lets look at the Def. needs some work but with the changes playing from Behind wont be an issue any longer. Us "former" Colts fans are VERY excited for our new Team!!! we feel as if we have grown from a lil colt, Now lets go out an win some rings!!

G_Money
03-19-2012, 12:21 PM
I still would draft a RT and move Franklin to LG. He just can't pass protect and Manning can't move. He's a road grader as a run-blocker though, and would help the run game immensely on that side.

Johnathan Martin's stock appears to be dropping somehow, so if he was available late even if we have to trade up a few spots I'd be very interested in making our OL fearsome again.

Not against Saturday making Walton a backup for a couple years either.

Now that Manning's here he needs the goods to succeed and we need him to take as few hits as possible.

~G

SOCALORADO.
03-19-2012, 12:24 PM
I still would draft a RT and move Franklin to LG. He just can't pass protect and Manning can't move. He's a road grader as a run-blocker though, and would help the run game immensely on that side.

Johnathan Martin's stock appears to be dropping somehow, so if he was available late even if we have to trade up a few spots I'd be very interested in making our OL fearsome again.

Not against Saturday making Walton a backup for a couple years either.

Now that Manning's here he needs the goods to succeed and we need him to take as few hits as possible.

~G
Franklins pass pro is a bit suspect, but hes young. But yeah, getting a true RT and moving him would make monster holes for the run game too. Add Saturday into the mix, and a healthy Kupe and DENs o-line is a beast.

underrated29
03-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Here is the real shit thing. People are going to see how good our offense is because of manning and once again going to give mccoy the cred. Gawd I hate mike mccoy. Hopefully we just get rid of him since peyton has the reigns....

SOCALORADO.
And please go get RB Doug Martin!

Nomad
Remember the defense, BRONCOS......Manning will do his thing........but remember the defense.

Traveler
03-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Here is the real shit thing. People are going to see how good our offense is because of manning and once again going to give mccoy the cred. Gawd I hate mike mccoy. Hopefully we just get rid of him since peyton has the reigns....

Just look at it this way. If the team does well, losing McCoy won't be such a big blow. It's Manning offense anyway.

Medford Bronco
03-19-2012, 01:12 PM
I am so shocked still. Very pleased. Now go get dallas clark as well.

underrated29
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Just look at it this way. If the team does well, losing McCoy won't be such a big blow. It's Manning offense anyway.

the team will be better without mccoy regardless of who our qb is

G_Money
03-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Remember the defense, BRONCOS......Manning will do his thing........but remember the defense.

Manning changes how we play defense too. If we start hanging 30-spots on people then other teams become more pass-happy to keep up, letting us unleash Miller and Doom to better effectiveness.

I expect to skimp on DTs AGAIN, hope to get a MLB in here who can organize a defense and we'll need another corner.

But the D should look more up-the-field. I'd love to have a DT who could help collapse a pocket, but I think we've used up our crazy wishes for the year, so I just want to see better players brought in on D.

Pass-rushers we already have.

~G

PAINTERDAVE
03-19-2012, 02:01 PM
What happened with Jeff Saturday C?

Nomad
03-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Manning changes how we play defense too. If we start hanging 30-spots on people then other teams become more pass-happy to keep up, letting us unleash Miller and Doom to better effectiveness.

I expect to skimp on DTs AGAIN, hope to get a MLB in here who can organize a defense and we'll need another corner.

But the D should look more up-the-field. I'd love to have a DT who could help collapse a pocket, but I think we've used up our crazy wishes for the year, so I just want to see better players brought in on D.

~G

Collapsing the pocket is key......it'll improve every aspect of the defense. but you're right, BRONCOS have used up all their wishes for this year.

LTC Pain
03-19-2012, 02:24 PM
I think DT may get a 1000+ yards and 15 TDs next season!!!

underrated29
03-19-2012, 03:44 PM
What happened with Jeff Saturday C?

He is going to sign with a team called the broncos

dogfish
03-19-2012, 03:56 PM

~G

i think mike adams might fit what fox wants in a right tackle more than martin, but i'd happily take either of them. . .

if those two are gone, i'd kill to land donta hightower-- dude is ready to step in and be a major upgrade in the middle of our defense from day one. . . and with manning on board, immediate impact guys should be at a premium on our draft board. . .

hey, maybe our luck holds out a little further, and ryan harris is healthy enough to play right tackle. . . and we shore up the interior with jeff saturday and franklin, and don't have to burn a pick. . . gimme hightower and doug martin in the second. . . :D:D:D

NightTerror218
03-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Sign Saturday draft a LG early focus rest on defense and get s burner KR/PR later.

CoachChaz
03-19-2012, 06:41 PM
MLB, RT, DT, RB, CB...

...everybody wants something different with the early picks. Somethings gotta give

BroncoStud
03-19-2012, 08:41 PM
I think the focus will switch from defensive draft to offensive now. Manning has a small window, we need to get him speed on the outside and some mountains upfront. Beadles and Walton aren't going to cut it without Tebow back there running all over the place. Manning won't put up with that.

G_Money
03-19-2012, 09:16 PM
MLB, RT, DT, RB, CB...

...everybody wants something different with the early picks. Somethings gotta give

Nah, the Broncos just need to make up their minds. Picks get easier to figure out once they add non-safeties to the team in free agency.

If we sign a good MLB, then we don't need to draft one. Just waiting to see what the Broncos choose to make their FA priority before I even think about what I want in the draft.

~G

BroncoStud
03-19-2012, 09:19 PM
We are certainly taking a QB or 2 in the draft. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Weeden taken in the 2nd round if he's there. MLB is a major concern, we aren't coming close to winning a Super Bowl with Mays in the middle. For that matter OLB needs upgraded as well. Need another CB, possibly another S, DT is a concern with Bunkley not signed, it was a concern with him signed as well... Still a lot of holes before we can talk Lombardi - at least in my estimation.