PDA

View Full Version : The Reallity and Tim Tebow

Npba900
03-19-2012, 11:59 AM
If we trade Tebow why not ask for Mallett? This way Mallett can replace Manning in 3-5 years. If Belli gets to trade for Tebow, Tebow will be used as a SLASH "Do Everything" football player, with the hopes of convincing Tim to switch to TE full-time!

But anyway, here's the reality:

Belichick definately is not interested in Tebow to be his Long-term QB of the future to replace Brady. Belichick drafted Mallett to replace Brady down the road.

Like I've been saying all along, the first NFL team that can convince Tebow to switch to TE will have an All Pro TE. Too bad Tebow is too stubborn and self-centered-and polarizing to even consider becoming a TE for the Broncos.

Tebow will learn very quickly that NFL teams "ARE NOT INTERESTED" in making Tebow their long term QB of the future. Tebow has been lying to himself, the Tebow Camp has been lying to Tebow, and Tebow fan base have been lying to Tebow with foolishly believing that TEBOW is an NFL Caliber "Elite" QB.

Its high time for all the "LYING" to come to an end.

Bowlen, Elway, and Fox have said ENOUGH!........Lets stop with all the Lying!!!!!

BroncoStud
03-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Why don't we stop making bullshit threads just to bash Tim Tebow. Did he do something personally to YOU, Mr. Hoge? Or are you and people like you just trying to be jackasses? Tim took over a 1-4 team and led us to a playoff win. He did nothing but earn respect for his ability to play football and lead the players on this team, and he elevated everyone around him. Weak little people feel the need to tear him down and those who like him.

It's really pretty ******* pathetic.

SR
03-19-2012, 12:03 PM
What reality do you live in?

Dzone
03-19-2012, 12:04 PM
They said Steve Young was a worthless NFL QB.
Its going to suck watching Tebow play for another team. But hey, If Manning can stay healthy, its a good move, even though I love Tebow

slim
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Why don't we stop making bullshit threads just to bash Tim Tebow. Did he do something personally to YOU, Mr. Hoge? Or are you and people like you just trying to be jackasses? Tim took over a 1-4 team and led us to a playoff win. He did nothing but earn respect for his ability to play football and lead the players on this team, and he elevated everyone around him. Weak little people feel the need to tear him down and those who like him.

It's really pretty ******* pathetic.

I agree....I would rather listen to the fanbois than listen to more of this shit.

It's ******* stupid.

Northman
03-19-2012, 12:09 PM

He actually was until he got behind a hall of fame QB.

Northman
03-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Uh oh, seems like some people are upset now.........

BroncoJoe
03-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Too bad Tebow is too stubborn and self-centered-and polarizing to even consider becoming a TE for the Broncos.

This says everything I need to know about your knowledge of Tebow.

Nothing.

SR
03-19-2012, 12:13 PM

Nothing.

You should see how much he knows about conspiracy theories though.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 12:17 PM

Exactly! Some folks have a hard time dealing in the reality and with the Truth! I'm not attacking Tebow I'm only providing an opinion. Tebow and his fan base are about to experience some TOUGH LOVE and a healthy dose of REALITY!!!!

SR
03-19-2012, 12:19 PM
If you're providing an opinion, it's not reality or truth.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 12:19 PM
You should see how much he knows about conspiracy theories though.

Shhhhhhhhh........calm down SR the NFL stands for "Not For Long".......as in the experiment of making Tebow an NFL caliber QB.........has ended in Denver and you and your ilk need to move on!!!!

Cugel
03-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Freeman also reports that the Broncos will attempt to trade Tim Tebow and "do not care" what they get for him.

That's pretty much an honest evaluation of what teams around the league think of Tim Tebow right now. His trade value is minimal and the Broncos are admitting as much.

He's going to have to find somewhere to be a backup and try to get a chance to win a starting job in the future. He'll be lucky if he finds it. :coffee:

Npba900
03-19-2012, 12:20 PM
If you're providing an opinion, it's not reality or truth.

You are entitled to the opinion you just shared with us. No harm---No Foul.

SR
03-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Shhhhhhhhh........calm down SR the NFL stands for "Not For Long".......as in the experiment of making Tebow an NFL caliber QB.........has ended in Denver and you and your ilk need to move on!!!!

Me and my ilk? I'm not a Tebow fanboi. I'm happy as hell Tebow isn't our QB anymore. Once again, you're smart.

SR
03-19-2012, 12:24 PM
You are entitled to the opinion you just shared with us. No harm---No Foul.

The difference is, I never proclaimed my opinion to be truth or reality. Difference...check.

Krugan
03-19-2012, 12:25 PM
So people who have been Bronco fans for years. but chose to have hope that Tebow was going to be something, need to move on?

I see...

Npba900
03-19-2012, 12:28 PM
The difference is, I never proclaimed my opinion to be truth or reality. Difference...check.

An opinion is just someones opinion!!! Why must you complicate matters? Keep It Simple for the good of Humanity!

BroncoStud
03-19-2012, 12:29 PM

Just tired of the same hateful and ignorant rhetoric that constantly bashed a player who made the franchise relevant again and won us a playoff game for the first time since Jake Plummer was our QB.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 12:30 PM
So people who have been Bronco fans for years. but chose to have hope that Tebow was going to be something, need to move on?

I see...

Well I'm with Elway. It was time to put the circus on the train and ship it out of Denver.

BroncoStud
03-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Well I'm with Elway. It was time to put the circus on the train and ship it out of Denver.

Too bad he can't put a few of you "fans" on the train with the circus...

wayninja
03-19-2012, 12:33 PM
LOL, tebow isn't off the team yet and people are already 'thanking him' by acting like shit slinging monkeys.

Stay classy, Denver.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 12:36 PM
How about Tebow to Jax for Henne??

Henne isn't great, but I do think he is a quality backup..

My only reservation is that if Manning goes down, we are going to wish we still had Tebow.

I pose this question: If Manning goes down with a career ending injury (plausible) would you rather have Tebow, or a guy of Henne's caliber?

I think we would be smart to keep #15 on the roster...I understand if EFX feels they have no choice but to deal him, but it would make me sick to see him dealt for peanuts just for the sake of moving him.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 12:36 PM

Nothing.

You are entitled to your own opinion. However, a higher authority (Bowlen, Fox, & Elway) has shown how much knowledge they have of Tebows long term value and future with the Broncos and have pulled the trigger to go in another direction.

Tebow is not the answer. It was high time to erase the last mistakes of the McDaniel's era.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Too bad he can't put a few of you "fans" on the train with the circus...

Would you like to put Elway-Fox-and Bowlen on the train as well!!! You do know that Bowlen could put the entire Denver Bronco's franchise on a train headed for LA. to bring back an NFL franchise there!!!!!

Then what would you do? Blame the fans!!!!

Northman
03-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Just tired of the same hateful and ignorant rhetoric that constantly bashed a player who made the franchise relevant again and won us a playoff game for the first time since Jake Plummer was our QB.

Understandable. I dont necessarily agree with the OP here but now you can see why some of us were uptight about all the dolphin flogging. Its a two way street man. Its sad i agree but thats internet forums for you. Just have to learn to weed out the crap and try to find the good stuff in the middle like an oreo cookie. :lol:

Cugel
03-19-2012, 12:47 PM

I see...

NO! The Tebowniacs who screamed at every Tebow appearance, the idiots who argued that Elway was "jealous" of Tebow's "success" :rolleyes: , the morons who tried to argue that EFX wasn't starting Tebow because of some anti-Christian conspiracy. . . those cretins need to move on!

Those BRONCOS fans who simply liked Tebow's potential (what there was of it) and hoped he would develop into a great QB in the future, and those naive persons who overlooked all his flaws. . . they are Broncos fans, so no harm no foul.

In short you are no different than people like me who liked Jay Cutler and were excited by the prospect he would lead Denver to a Championship.

You get to bitch and moan about the Tebow trade if this doesn't work out and tell us all that "I told you so! Look at Tebow now!" :beer:

That's a perfectly legitimate part of being a Broncos fan! Make your predictions and then (if you wind up being right) you get to remind everybody! :laugh: (I'm quite serious about that).

What's the fun of making predictions if you don't get to say "I was right" occasionally! :salute:

So, Get on your stump and say: "I tell you this is all a big mistake! When Tebow is leading some other team to the Super-Bowl EFX and all of you are going to look like a bunch of idiots!"

broken12
03-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Teport says on 1043 that tebow to ne for mallet

Medford Bronco
03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
He actually was until he got behind a hall of fame QB.

and had the best WR of all time and learned under probably the best team in the history of the league. The birst of the modern NFL
offense from Bill Walsh and transitioned to George Siefort with Shanny being OC when Young Finally won the Super Bowl.

and Denver last year was a million x better than that pathetic Tampa Bay team that Young started on.

Medford Bronco
03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Teport says on 1043 that tebow to ne for mallet

if that is the case, Do it. Ne wont do that though. Why would they. That would be a coupe for Denver.

LTC Pain
03-19-2012, 07:50 PM
if that is the case, Do it. Ne wont do that though. Why would they. That would be a coupe for Denver.

A big 10-4. Then the Broncos WOULD NOT have to daft a QBOTF in April. Mallett could learn from PM and we are set at QB for the next 10 years. Love it, do it.

bcbronc
03-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Belichick definately is not interested in Tebow to be his Long-term QB of the future to replace Brady. Belichick drafted Mallett to replace Brady down the road.

So then why would BB do this trade? Makes zero sense from a NE POV.

Davii
03-19-2012, 08:05 PM

As in how long people are able to take you seriously?

Get off the personal agenda. Tebow proved you wrong last season and led his team to the playoffs, and won a playoff game.

By my count this would be about your 7th "Tebow should be X position" thread. At this point your personal vendetta looks sad.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 08:38 PM

Me thinks BB is going to try to prove he's the smartest guy in the room by experimenting with turning Tebow into a Slash-Gadet Play-H-Back-TE.

Nomad
03-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Well, Clayton better come up with a better rumor than 'Tebow for Mallet' to make me believe Belichick is interested in trading for Tebow.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
As in how long people are able to take you seriously?

Get off the personal agenda. Tebow proved you wrong last season and led his team to the playoffs, and won a playoff game.

By my count this would be about your 7th "Tebow should be X position" thread. At this point your personal vendetta looks sad.

Calm down Daviiiiiiii........its just my opinion. Has SR taken ill? I see you are posting on his behalf.

But any way,

Tebow had nothing to prove to me......and everything to prove to EFX that he was the real deal in a conventional NFL Offense as an NFL QB! I guess EFX were not convinced especially when Manning came into the picture.

Take your frustration out on EFX with not being impressed with T2 backing the Broncos into the playoffs and winning one playoff game. Obviously EFX isn't foolish enough to believe that you can capture Lightning in a Bottle twice when it comes to T2 having another season in 2012 as he had in 2011!!!!

Davii
03-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Calm down Daviiiiiiii........its just my opinion. Has SR taken ill? I see you are posting on his behalf.

But any way,

Tebow had nothing to prove to me......and everything to prove to EFX that he was the real deal in a conventional NFL Offense as an NFL QB! I guess EFX were not convinced

especially when Manning came into the picture.

Take your frustration out on EFX with not being impressed with T2 backing the Broncos into the playoffs and winning one playoff game. Obviously EFX isn't foolish enough to believe that you can capture Lightning in a Bottle twice when it comes to T2 having another season in 2012 as he had in 2011!!!!

And it's my opinion that your personal vendetta has left you looking the fool. The front office bringing in Manning makes me happy, read around a little.

Where you're wrong is it doesn't show anything about Tebow. It shows we had an opportunity to land a guy that is in the conversation for GOAT.

You don't pass that up. It'd be like upgrading from your car to a used Ferrari. I mean, your car gets you back and forth, but come on, here's a Ferrari. You can still keep your car in the garage.

Krugan
03-19-2012, 09:17 PM
NO! The Tebowniacs who screamed at every Tebow appearance, the idiots who argued that Elway was "jealous" of Tebow's "success" :rolleyes: , the morons who tried to argue that EFX wasn't starting Tebow because of some anti-Christian conspiracy. . . those cretins need to move on!

Those BRONCOS fans who simply liked Tebow's potential (what there was of it) and hoped he would develop into a great QB in the future, and those naive persons who overlooked all his flaws. . . they are Broncos fans, so no harm no foul.

In short you are no different than people like me who liked Jay Cutler and were excited by the prospect he would lead Denver to a Championship.

You get to bitch and moan about the Tebow trade if this doesn't work out and tell us all that "I told you so! Look at Tebow now!" :beer:

That's a perfectly legitimate part of being a Broncos fan! Make your predictions and then (if you wind up being right) you get to remind everybody! :laugh: (I'm quite serious about that).

What's the fun of making predictions if you don't get to say "I was right" occasionally! :salute:

So, Get on your stump and say: "I tell you this is all a big mistake! When Tebow is leading some other team to the Super-Bowl EFX and all of you are going to look like a bunch of idiots!"

Dont have to make predictions to watch people be idiots! (and NO im not calling you an idiot)

I dont know what the kid will end up being, and I was never sold he would amount to anything, just would be nice to see something develop or least have a chance before the Not for Long kicks in, for whatever reason that is.

Anyway, im not sure what good it does everyone to Neck Punch the guy, over and over, but I guess thats the world now.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 09:20 PM
And it's my opinion that your personal vendetta has left you looking the fool. The front office bringing in Manning makes me happy, read around a little.

Where you're wrong is it doesn't show anything about Tebow. It shows we had an opportunity to land a guy that is in the conversation for GOAT.

You don't pass that up. It'd be like upgrading from your car to a used Ferrari. I mean, your car gets you back and forth, but come on, here's a Ferrari. You can still keep your car in the garage.

Okay Daviii have you blown off enough steam??? When will you learn the difference between your so called vendetta and someones observation and opinions. Tebow was given a chance to impress in Denver and merely ran into a phenomenon known as Peyton Manning. Had Manning not been a FA, JE would have never been interested in him; and would have given T2 another year. But Elway would have brought in another QB to challenge-compete with Tebow.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-19-2012, 09:25 PM
The best part of all this Tebow trade talk is that you've got the same people spewing the same shit about Tebow, but consider this...

When Tebow is traded to the NE Patriots, it will be hailed as a genius move by Bellichick and co. All the talking head pundits on TV will hail their brilliance at grabbing Tebow on the cheap and how he'll get to sit behind Brady and learn. All those Pats fans who talked a bunch of shit about Tebow before both of our games this season will cozily nuzzle up to Bellicheat's hairy beanbag when they learn they've acquired Tebow. No, not to play TE or FB, but to groom as a project QB, exactly what he was supposed to be.

I can see it now... Tebow was too terrible to keep in Denver, but will be lauded as the "future" in NE because Bellichick made the decision. :tsk:

Krugan
03-19-2012, 09:32 PM
The best part of all this Tebow trade talk is that you've got the same people spewing the same shit about Tebow, but consider this...

When Tebow is traded to the NE Patriots, it will be hailed as a genius move by Bellichick and co. All the talking head pundits on TV will hail their brilliance at grabbing Tebow on the cheap and how he'll get to sit behind Brady and learn. All those Pats fans who talked a bunch of shit about Tebow before both of our games this season will cozily nuzzle up to Bellicheat's hairy beanbag when they learn they've acquired Tebow. No, not to play TE or FB, but to groom as a project QB, exactly what he was supposed to be.

I can see it now... Tebow was too terrible to keep in Denver, but will be lauded as the "future" in NE because Bellichick made the decision. :tsk:

Damn, you had to go there....

cringe

Davii
03-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Okay Daviii have you blown off enough steam??? When will you learn the difference between your so called vendetta and someones observation and opinions. Tebow was given a chance to impress in Denver and merely ran into a phenomenon known as Peyton Manning. Had Manning not been a FA, JE would have never been interested in him; and would have given T2 another year. But Elway would have brought in another QB to challenge-compete with Tebow.

Opinions don't need to be stated as often as humanly possible. Your opinion has become a vendetta through your constant posting of the same subject over and over and over.

I have no steam to blow. You have as much chance of making me build steam as you do of winning a Super Bowl of your very own.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 09:35 PM

If this is the case/plan then what happens to Mallett?

Npba900
03-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Opinions don't need to be stated as often as humanly possible. Your opinion has become a vendetta through your constant posting of the same subject over and over and over.

I have no steam to blow. You have as much chance of making me build steam as you do of winning a Super Bowl of your very own.

Give it a rest Daviii.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 09:44 PM

But any way,

Tebow had nothing to prove to me......and everything to prove to EFX that he was the real deal in a conventional NFL Offense as an NFL QB! I guess EFX were not convinced especially when Manning came into the picture.

Exactly, Tebow is a scumbag. Anyone could have taken the worst Broncos team in franchise history in 2010 to a playoff game win in 2011 after starting 1-4 under a true 'pocket passer'.

Good riddance, Tebag, you did nothing for the Broncos and are worthy only of contempt.

Denver Broncos - Stayin' classy since Plummer.

Dapper Dan
03-19-2012, 09:46 PM
What the hell has Tebow shown that he would be good at blocking or catching? I've never understood the whole TE argument.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Exactly, Tebow is a scumbag. Anyone could have taken the worst Broncos team in franchise history in 2010 to a playoff game win in 2011 after starting 1-4 under a true 'pocket passer'.

Good riddance, Tebag, you did nothing for the Broncos and are worthy only of contempt.

Denver Broncos - Stayin' classy since Plummer.

I'm not sure this is exactly how Fox, Bowlen, and Elway feel about Tebow. After all that not how you would treat someone if you wouldn't mind having him for a son-n-law.

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 09:55 PM
What the hell has Tebow shown that he would be good at blocking or catching? I've never understood the whole TE argument.

He's 6-4, 245 and runs a 4.6-4.7. Is fairly prototypical TE size, maybe slightly small, and he's a hard worker and obviously athletic.

I think it's natural. I know he wants to be a quarterback. I understand that. There have been a LOT of a great athletes come into the league and be stubborn about being a quarterback, but not be good enough to become a consistent starter. Very few of those players will put their ego aside and become a great player at another position.

Tebow MIGHT be that player who is humble enough to become a star at tight end/h-back.

Fullback32
03-19-2012, 10:44 PM

The only reason would be that McDummy got on his knees in front of Belichick and said, "BUT PLEASE DADDY!"

wayninja
03-19-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm not sure this is exactly how Fox, Bowlen, and Elway feel about Tebow. After all that not how you would treat someone if you wouldn't mind having him for a son-n-law.

How do you feel?

Dzone
03-19-2012, 11:02 PM
The anger and the raw emotions over this are going to get much worse before this is all over.

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 11:07 PM
The anger and the raw emotions over this are going to get much worse before this is all over.

Over what?

Tebow is not a good quarterback. Manning is a great.

There is zero debate. Zero.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Over what?

But that's just it, MO. Tebow may not look like a good QB, but he definitely got shit done. On top of that, he's a class act and a helluva humanitarian. He's simply didn't do what the experts predicted and fall on his face.

I'm not saying he was so blindingly better that he proved his detractors wrong, but he proved them more wrong than right and managed to get us some pretty amazing wins in the process.

It's hard not to like the guy and it sucks to see it end this way. Can't you just admit that on some level that is understandable. No one (that is not clearly insane) is debating that Manning isn't easily the logical choice, it doesn't mean this is playing out in an apathetic way.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Over what?

That goes without saying. I don't think anyone believes that Tebow is better. The debate isn't that Peyton is a better QB, it's that Peyton is a better QB for 1-2 more years before he rides off into the sunset (hopefully right onto our coaching staff). Long term, Manning isn't any sort of answer at all. We've pushed our chips all in with Manning betting that we can win it all NOW. Some of us are just concerned about what happens after. We don't need another 12 years of shit when our new franchise QB retires (I'm predicting Manning plays 2 years before we either win a Championship or he retires) like we did after Elway. Some of us think Tebow has the potential to be the long term answer. This isn't about NOW. Peyton is the now. This is about 2014. Who is going to take over?

Here's the long and short of it. If we trade Tebow and don't get a potential long term guy in return (like a Mallett), then the Broncos will have no choice but to draft Weeden in the 2nd round this year (and will probably have to package whatever picks we get from Tebow with our second to get up high enough in the 2nd to do it). Weeden is exactly the kind of guy that Elway and Fox want. Mature, experienced, accurate, and a pocket passer. Elway himself was at Weeden's pro-day before boarding the plane with Manning to come to Denver.

Make no mistake, Weeden is on our radar. I could almost see us taking him at #25 if it looks like there will be a run on QBs. Luck, RGIII, and Tannehill will be off the board in the top 10, leaving Weeden (minus the age issue) as the next best QB. I have a feeling this guy will be a Bronco on draft day. I think we should improve other positions, but now we are back to having a short-term answer at QB and we must plan for that.

tomjonesrocks
03-19-2012, 11:36 PM

The only reason would be that McDummy got on his knees in front of Belichick and said, "BUT PLEASE DADDY!"

All the more reason I don't want him with the Pats.

Give McD nothing.

Davii
03-19-2012, 11:46 PM
Give it a rest Daviii.

Certainly, as soon as you can do either of the following:

A) Take your own advice and "give it a rest"

B) Get your thread titles spelled correctly percentage above Tebow's completion percentage

I won't hold my breath on either one.

bcbronc
03-20-2012, 01:59 AM
Here's the long and short of it. If we trade Tebow and don't get a potential long term guy in return (like a Mallett), then the Broncos will have no choice but to draft Weeden in the 2nd round this year (and will probably have to package whatever picks we get from Tebow with our second to get up high enough in the 2nd to do it).

No choice but to draft Weeden? Weeden makes absolutely no sense now. Before Manning, it made sense if EFX thought Weeden could come in and compete with Tebow from day 1. Now it makes sense to take anyone but Weeden in the 3rd or later. Or wait until next year. Either way, we draft an heir for Manning soon and have the luxury of giving him 2-4 years to develop behind PM.

Npba900
03-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Certainly, as soon as you can do either of the following:

A) Take your own advice and "give it a rest"

B) Get your thread titles spelled correctly percentage above Tebow's completion percentage

I won't hold my breath on either one.

That's the best advice you have ever given yourself. You know dam well no one with comon since would ever take your advice.

You just keep hoping and wishing.

Chef Zambini
03-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Its going to suck watching Tebow play for another team. But hey, If Manning can stay healthy, its a good move, even though I love Tebowno, nobody ever said that, your depiction of young is worthless !
steve could always throw the ball like a pro ALWAYS ! his propensity to run is what botherd many critics. truth is in tampa he was running for his life !
TEBOW is nowhere close to having the passing skills that YOUNG did when he came out of college, and he will never get there barring a complete metamorphosis. tebow fans are too dillusional to recognize and admit that TT cant throw the ball like a competent NFL QB !

Chef Zambini
03-20-2012, 09:40 AM
the broncos cant wait to unload TT. Primarily because of the ludicrous, football senseless followers, who have made dealing in reality almost impossible for the coaches and front office.
EFX and all the coaches love tebow, but it is good riddence to the circus that folows him!
tebow no longer a bronco, thank god !

wayninja
03-20-2012, 09:43 AM
the broncos cant wait to unload TT. Primarily because of the ludicrous, football senseless followers, who have made dealing in reality almost impossible for the coaches and front office.
EFX and all the coaches love tebow, but it is good riddence to the circus that folows him!
tebow no longer a bronco, thank god !

I agree that they can't wait to unload him, that's been their deepest desire and number 1 priority since they took over.

I still don't buy the 'his fans make it impossible for them!' argument. They are grown men running a private organizations. The fans can't force them to do anything unless they vote with their wallets and the sellout streak continues.

Davii
03-20-2012, 09:49 AM
That's the best advice you have ever given yourself. You know dam well no one with comon since would ever take your advice.

I was giving no advice, to myself or otherwise. Can you please try and make a reasonable amount of sense?

Chef Zambini
03-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I agree that they can't wait to unload him, that's been their deepest desire and number 1 priority since they took over.

I still don't buy the 'his fans make it impossible for them!' argument. They are grown men running a private organizations. The fans can't force them to do anything unless they vote with their wallets and the sellout streak continues.I dont live in denver, I dont work in the offices, cafeteria, work out areas of dove valley. I dont shop at the local king soopers, or eat in the lodo or cherry creek regions of Denver, but.. if the tebow debate can get as heated and polorizing as it does here in scottsdale, I can only imagine how outragious it must be for EFX and others there in denver!
circus?
love the majestic elephants but with them comes alot of shit to step over, around and thru!
is it any wonder the cirque du soliel is exponentialy more popular?

Davii
03-20-2012, 09:55 AM

I still don't buy the 'his fans make it impossible for them!' argument. They are grown men running a private organizations. The fans can't force them to do anything unless they vote with their wallets and the sellout streak continues.

There's no conspiracy involving Tebow, there never was, no matter how much anyone wants it to be true. Last year's Broncos were not a real life version of the movie "Major League".

Unfortunately, with all his intangibles, etc. Tim didn't get the job done well enough to give anyone confidence moving forward with JUST Tim. Maybe Tim can see the opportunity in front of him and ask Elway not to trade him and to allow him the time behind Manning to hone his craft.

I don't see it happening, but I think Tim's best opportunity is behind Manning.

Chef Zambini
03-20-2012, 10:00 AM
He's 6-4, 245 and runs a 4.6-4.7. Is fairly prototypical TE size, maybe slightly small, and he's a hard worker and obviously athletic.

I think it's natural. I know he wants to be a quarterback. I understand that. There have been a LOT of a great athletes come into the league and be stubborn about being a quarterback, but not be good enough to become a consistent starter. Very few of those players will put their ego aside and become a great player at another position.

Tebow MIGHT be that player who is humble enough to become a star at tight end/h-back.sorry. I dont lign up on this one.
humility, not timmys strongest trait.
great human being, but he insists on being the QB.
lack of reality, lack of humility.
great philanthropist, pathetic passer of the football.
he wont allow himself to be a fullback or a TE, but there aint a chance in hell that the patriots would want him as a QB.
this kids NFL career will be over soon because he refuses to play antthing other than QB, so spare me on the humility front.
he can go to the JAGS and be their QB for 2 years, however, because something otheer than FOOTBALL will determine that decision.
$$$

Chef Zambini
03-20-2012, 10:05 AM
There's no conspiracy involving Tebow, there never was, no maurer how much anyone wants it to be true. Last year's Broncos were not a read life version of the movie "Major League".

Unfortunately, with all his intangibles, etc. Tim didn't get the job done well enough to give anyone confidence moving forward with JUST Tim. Maybe Tim can see the opportunity in front of him and ask Elway not to trade him and to allow him the time behind Manning to hone his craft.

I don't see it happening, but I think Tim's best opportunity is behind Manning.again, its not about timmy, its about the LUNATICS that follow him !
EFX cant wait to trade that circus out of town !

Fullback32
03-20-2012, 10:06 AM
I bet this guy is wishing he hadn't done this now. I supposed he could get it changed to look like Manning tying his shoe.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/tim-tebow-tattoo.png

wayninja
03-20-2012, 11:14 AM
There's no conspiracy involving Tebow, there never was, no matter how much anyone wants it to be true. Last year's Broncos were not a real life version of the movie "Major League".

I don't see it happening, but I think Tim's best opportunity is behind Manning.

I just disagree. I don't want to feel this way, but nothing else makes sense. If he can't throw the ball, why put him in? If they want to develop him, why not let him throw more and run a 'pro-style' offense regardless of how bad he fails? If they want the best chance to win, why not keep Orton in or start the other 2 guys that were better than him in camp?

It's no secret that Elway was drooling over Luck. It's also no secret that Elway has never believed in Tebow.

If you add it all up, it doesn't equal conspiracy, just a plan to fast track Tebow to where they wanted him. Gone.

Davii
03-20-2012, 11:41 AM
I just disagree. I don't want to feel this way, but nothing else makes sense. If he can't throw the ball, why put him in? If they want to develop him, why not let him throw more and run a 'pro-style' offense regardless of how bad he fails? If they want the best chance to win, why not keep Orton in or start the other 2 guys that were better than him in camp?

It's no secret that Elway was drooling over Luck. It's also no secret that Elway has never believed in Tebow.

If you add it all up, it doesn't equal conspiracy, just a plan to fast track Tebow to where they wanted him. Gone.

If that were the case they would've let him go in training camp last year when all reports were that he's the 4th best qb on the roster.

Davii
03-20-2012, 11:42 AM
again, its not about timmy, its about the LUNATICS that follow him !
EFX cant wait to trade that circus out of town !

I completely agree that the Tebois are lunatics, I just don't think the organization is that concerned about them. Nothing will quiet them down like seeing how Manning does his thing.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 12:18 PM
If that were the case they would've let him go in training camp last year when all reports were that he's the 4th best qb on the roster.

Not without 'fan backlash' or 'circus' or whatever we are calling it.

BigDaddyBronco
03-20-2012, 12:22 PM

It was obvious that Elway liked Luck, RGIII, and Weeden. He dropped back to each guy as the wins kept coming. I'm not a big conspiracy guy, but with as bad as Tebow looked in training camp and practice, why did he get the nod over Quinn? Was it to show everyone how bad Tebow was to give himself an excuse to dump him? After it backfired, he can make comments to keep the media hounds off, but he was still working on moving him even if they didn't get Manning.

It's ok for Elway to not believe in Tebow, but it's also ok for the fans to question Elways logic, truthfulness, etc.

MOtorboat
03-20-2012, 12:56 PM
So, Elway caved to fan opinion...

That disappoints me, but that's probably what happened. Of course he was proved right AND wrong at the same time...

Davii
03-20-2012, 02:02 PM
So, Elway caved to fan opinion...

That disappoints me, but that's probably what happened. Of course he was proved right AND wrong at the same time...

I don't think so MO. They both looked bad in preseason, and both looked decent at times in preseason. I thought their play in preseason was basically a wash. Knowing our line was having pass protection issues, and that Quinn would have even worse issues than Orton behind it, I think Fox wanted Tebow to run a very heavy run team and see what he had at the same time.

If Quinn is a weaker armed version of Orton what does that change do for the team? Nothing, especially when you alreadt have a body of work and film to evaluate Quinn on and there was little chance he would still be here this year.

From a "team building" and evaluation standpoint it made prefect sense to go with Tim. He would allow not only exaltation of himself but an evaluation of every other offensive players ability to adapt to a change. It turned out to be win-win.

And now with Manning, who would not have given the Broncos ANY thought had we gone 4-12, it's win-win-win. Thank Elway for Manning but don't forget to thank Tim in his role in making the Broncos respectable enough for consideration.

claymore
03-20-2012, 02:07 PM

I think Bowlen wanted an end to the madness. The owner spoke with his wallet.

claymore
03-20-2012, 02:10 PM
It was obvious that Elway liked Luck, RGIII, and Weeden. He dropped back to each guy as the wins kept coming. I'm not a big conspiracy guy, but with as bad as Tebow looked in training camp and practice, why did he get the nod over Quinn? Was it to show everyone how bad Tebow was to give himself an excuse to dump him? After it backfired, he can make comments to keep the media hounds off, but he was still working on moving him even if they didn't get Manning.

It's ok for Elway to not believe in Tebow, but it's also ok for the fans to question Elways logic, truthfulness, etc.

We didnt have anything invested in QUin, and people werent chanting QUin's name. It would have been hard to dump tebow not knowing his ceiling.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 02:36 PM
We didnt have anything invested in QUin, and people werent chanting QUin's name. It would have been hard to dump tebow not knowing his ceiling.

So... now they know his ceiling? A playoff win inheriting a last place team without any 1st team reps. Guess all the questions have been answered then.

slim
03-20-2012, 02:40 PM
It wouldn't suprise me to see them sign Delhomme...

claymore
03-20-2012, 02:50 PM
So... now they know his ceiling? A playoff win inheriting a last place team without any 1st team reps. Guess all the questions have been answered then.

Tebow fans seem to have a distorted view on how we got to the playoffs. They also have a distorted view on how bad we did with Orton this year.

wayninja
03-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Tebow fans seem to have a distorted view on how we got to the playoffs. They also have a distorted view on how bad we did with Orton this year.

But, we did get there, right, clay? I want to make sure I at least get that right.

Canmore
03-20-2012, 07:53 PM

Common since, since when.