PDA

View Full Version : Tebow Appreciation thread - Positive only please

PAINTERDAVE
03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Thank you so much , Tim.

You energized our team like I have not seen for a long, long time.

Thanks for the thrills.. and that overtime win against the Steelers.

I sincerely wish you the best.. may the road rise up to meet you.

I will pray for you to get a chance with a team that actually wants you,
and wants to give you a chance to find out how high you can climb.

First Day of Spring. New Beginings.

Mike
03-19-2012, 11:58 AM
I still think he will prove his critics wrong. Wish he would stay here and learn.

Good luck, Tebow.

chazoe60
03-19-2012, 11:59 AM
I hope my son takes this news okay. My son loves Tim Tebow and that's my favorite thing about Tebow and his time here, he gave my son a great young man to look up to.

I'll be watching And rooting for Tebow still, as long as it doesn't affect my Broncos.

BroncoStud
03-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Good luck Tim. I was looking forward to 2012 but who knows what will happen now. Either way you made the end of 2010 and 2011 very exciting and fun for us Broncos fans.

topscribe
03-19-2012, 12:00 PM
He showed up for work every single day. :D

Seriously, Teebs is a good kid and has been an asset to the organization.

SR
03-19-2012, 12:01 PM
He was a real nice guy who could run well with his legs and throw okay with his arm.

weazel
03-19-2012, 12:02 PM
he was the best QB on our roster last season.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Last season would have been pretty damn boring without Tim coming in and doing what he did. Obviously,the defense also deserves a lot of the credit for the success that the team had last season as well but as you said, the thrills and energy Tebow brought were nothing other than magical at times.

Definitely a season I'll never forget as a Broncos fan.

Northman
03-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Good luck Tim. Your a work in progress and clearly Denver isnt the home for you but i wish you luck never the less. Dont think you will ever be a true QB but you have the desire to try and prove the theory wrong and i wish you luck. If anything, i admire your heart, leadership, desire, and passion for football. But most of all its your character that im most impressed with. So many people preach about being something, you on the other hand live it and you give me hope that the future generation of human beings will be a good one. You may not be a very good QB, but as an athlete you bring it on every single play but most of all its who you are that shines most.

red 19
03-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks Tim!
Hes a part of this teams history and he made many of us proud to claim as ours. Even though it was short lived, it was certainly memorable.

Best of luck to Tebow and I will certainly be rooting for him wherever he lands.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
I hate to see him go (if he does go)...I'm happy with Peyton, but I just hope we don't end up regretting it.

Last year was the most exciting year we've had in a while, in large part because of Teebs...

Good Luck Tim...I'll be rooting for you wherever you go (unless you are playing the Broncos).

Dzone
03-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Its a great day in Bronco history and a very sad day as well. I love Tim Tebow. He turned a season that was lost, into the most exciting season since 1999

NightTrainLayne
03-19-2012, 12:12 PM
I couldn't compute it when we drafted him. I didn't really like him as a pick for us.

However, Tebow definitely won me over during his time here. Even if not the most polished QB, I loved watching him play.

I hope that maybe nobody wants to trade for him, and he gets to sit on our bench behind Manning. I think he'll eventually be a great QB. I'd hate for it to be with another team.

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 12:12 PM
The comeback against Chicagp will be a lasting memory. Thanks Tim.

pnbronco
03-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Thank you Tim for being the great person you are. You are such a giving young man that has a great life ahead of you.

I will never forget your kindness and just a overall wonderful person.

I have so many wonderful memories of you on and off the field.

slim
03-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Beating the Steelers will always be one of my favorite Bronco moments.....Tebow to DT will live on in Bronco lore forever.

BigDaddyBronco
03-19-2012, 12:19 PM
I still think Tebow will develop and be a good QB some day. I hope it is for us in 3 years, but I understand the business end of things. Either way, I will be a fan of his as long as he plays (if he doesn't go to one of our rivals) and hope the best for him.

He made last year a fun year to be a Broncos fan, I haven't seen the fanbase as excited as it was last year since the SB years. Being at the Bears game last year was one of my top 5 moments as a Broncos fan. Hopefully Manning carries that on to this year.

Dzone
03-19-2012, 12:23 PM
I got a Tebow Tebowing Fathead that is still in the box. What should I do with it? Anyone want it?
Sad, very sad.

Dean
03-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Last year was my most enjoyable of our last six seasons. A lot of that was directly attributed to Tim Tebow. Thanks, I appreciate what you contribute on the field and the life you live off of it.

Wishing you the best.

broncofaninfla
03-19-2012, 12:45 PM
TT- Thank you for the spark you gave to our team and making it fun to be a Broncos fan again. You took me back to the days of Elway, a time when the team played with passion and heart and could use that to will a win, usually in exciting fashion. I do not buy into the critics who say you won’t make it as a NFL QB, I’m convinced otherwise and hoped you would do it here in Denver. Thank you for being a role model for my daughter and the other young NFL fan’s. I wish you success wherever you end up unless you are playing Denver. You are a class act and want you to know you were very much appreciated by a majority of Bronco fans.

Northman
03-19-2012, 12:46 PM
I got a Tebow Tebowing Fathead that is still in the box. What should I do with it? Anyone want it?
Sad, very sad.

You can send it too me D. I love the kid as a person and its bound to be a collectable.

PAINTERDAVE
03-19-2012, 01:05 PM
It is appreciated by me.. the classy way this board has responded to this thread.

That says a lot about the posters here....

GEM
03-19-2012, 04:36 PM
I love Tebow the guy....he's just an awesome human being. I wish him all amounts of luck in all of his future endeavors. Like others, I wish he would stay on and learn, but I understand the best way for him to learn right now is not sitting on the bench. Thanks for the fantastic last year Tebow, I do appreciate all the excitement!

wayninja
03-19-2012, 04:40 PM
I refuse to sign this yet. I'm in denial of the almost inevitable, but am holding out until it actually happens. If (more like when) it happens, I'll be back to show some love. Until then, good luck beating manning in camp.

MileHighCrew
03-19-2012, 04:42 PM
great kid, really enjoyed watching him play. I hope he is able to make the changes to truly become successful as a throwing QB.

weazel
03-19-2012, 05:00 PM
I refuse to sign this yet. I'm in denial of the almost inevitable, but am holding out until it actually happens. If (more like when) it happens, I'll be back to show some love. Until then, good luck beating manning in camp.

maybe Tebow is totally fine with it and they keep him. I could see having him lineup in the redzone working. You could lput him behind center, in the slot, wherever... I think it would be good.

Lancane
03-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Thank you Tebow, for the character you showed, the charisma you brought and the time you gave to this team. You'll be missed, I believe your a tremendous athlete and an All-Pro at heart. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours wherever and whatever that might be.

Lancane
03-19-2012, 05:03 PM

According to NFLN, Denver has been putting feelers out there since the Combine, and we're all in with Manning and Denver won't allow Manning to face a roar of 'Tebow, Tebow, Tebow' when he might have a little rust that he needs to knock. They believe we'll trade him for whatever we can get or we'll cut him.

Hardwired
03-19-2012, 05:26 PM
I love Tebow the person, and THANKS, Tim, for making Broncos football fun again. I feel sorry for you having to deal with some members of your fan base and I won't miss them, but I will miss you. I'll be a Tebow fan wherever you end up unless you're playing the Broncos.

I would like to see Teebs learning from Manning, but I don't think he could do enough of what Manning does to make it work. Would it not be awesome for Tim to agree to being our new TE? *sigh* See ya, Tim, and thanks for the memories.

MileHighCrew
03-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Merril Hoge is an ass with no class at all. Tebow's faults have been well documented and there was no need to attack the young man today. He might have a lot of room to grow as an NFL QB, but Tebow is 100x the man Hoge is.

rationalfan
03-19-2012, 05:35 PM
tebow was fun to watch at the end of games; and his personality is endearing. best of luck to his future (unless he's playing the broncos.)

Chef Zambini
03-19-2012, 05:37 PM
thank you tim for making it obvious that we had to do everything we could to get manning. good luck someplace else.

CrazyHorse
03-19-2012, 05:39 PM
I hope you win a Super Bowl. Preferably here.

weazel
03-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Merril Hoge is an ass with no class at all. Tebow's faults have been well documented and there was no need to attack the young man today. He might have a lot of room to grow as an NFL QB, but Tebow is 100x the man Hoge is.

maybe when Tim is done with the NFL they can work out their differences in the cage?

catfish
03-19-2012, 05:53 PM
maybe when Tim is done with the NFL they can work out their differences in the cage?

I think I would actually pay to see that

wayninja
03-19-2012, 05:53 PM
maybe Tebow is totally fine with it and they keep him. I could see having him lineup in the redzone working. You could lput him behind center, in the slot, wherever... I think it would be good.

If it could be worked out, I'd love for Tebow to stay and play in short yardage/goal-line packages like he did early in his career as a Bronco. A wild horses with Manning and Tebow would be pretty hard to stop for a gadget play. He was sick with that package early on, I think he scored like 4/4 touchdowns when McD used him that way.

I also think, despite the crazy learning curve, that he actually would learn a TON behind manning. Just watching how a guy like that operates, I think it would soak in. I'm not saying he would turn into manning, but I also don't think he'd be left a a Curtis Painter either.

But alas, the writing is on the wall. Again NOT SINGING until he's not on the roster anymore though.

Benetto
03-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks for everything Teebs...I loved watching you not only win game after game...But I also loved watching you make all the doubters and haters eat crow game after game...That was fun! Also Thanks for (your helping hand) bringing the Playoffs back to Mile High..And winning the bitch for us against the hated Stilers.

Much love and good luck to you man!

broken12
03-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Thanks but we had to upgrade.....

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Tim Tebow is the reason I got humped at Mile High Stadium by Shank.

True story.

claymore
03-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Tim Tebow is the reason I got humped at Mile High Stadium by Shank.

True story.

I thought this said Skank. I was like "he really does perform miracles. " :D

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 06:17 PM
I thought this said Skank. I was like "he really does perform miracles. " :D

That's not funny.

slim
03-19-2012, 06:41 PM
That's not funny.

Yeah, it kind of was funny.

FanInAZ
03-19-2012, 07:38 PM
I cringed at the notion of us drafting him because he played for a "stacked deck" collage. I don't care if you do use a "pro-style offence," you don't prepare someone for the pros by putting him on a collage team in which every single teammate of his is athletically superior to the opponent lined up against them in the majority of the games they play. So many of the best athletes coming out of collage, in all sports, without having become proficient in the basic fundamentals of playing their positions because all they need to do to win at that level is to take maximum advantage of their team’s athletic superiority.

Nevertheless, once he put on the orange & blue, he became my QB. All QBs, especially from "stacked deck" collages, need time to develop as pros. I personally don't feel he was given that time here in Denver. I do believe that he will be given that time elsewhere & I hope he does develop. So many fan (myself include) are getting tired of watching selfish athletes doing things to get attention, TT is exactly the kind of athlete that people want to see succeed.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 07:43 PM
What's a collage team?

http://www.lialezon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/football_collage-1.jpg

MasterShake
03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
No matter what happens Tim, 2 of my favorite moments in Broncos history happened with you:

1. Shutting up the Jets on THURSDAY night football
2. Making the Forum tailgate game against Chicago memorable in more ways than one

The Steelers playoff win was just icing on the cake! I will follow you career as you have made me a fan of you, but I promise I won't go to other teams forums to tell them how great you are. You prove that every time you step on the field or help out someone with your foundation!

wayninja
03-19-2012, 07:47 PM
No matter what happens Tim, 2 of my favorite moments in Broncos history happened with you:
1. Shutting up the Jets on Sunday night football

See. This is is the miracle of Tim Tebow.

Jesus turned water into wine.

Tebow turned Thursday into Sunday.

madmanbryan
03-19-2012, 07:47 PM
I wish we'd keep him..
Really do like tebow,and id love to see him
In a denver uniform for a long time,but i know it wont happen..
Wish him good luck,definatly a good season,and
Some plays we wont forget

Nomad
03-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Thanks Tebow for being the only QB to ever beat the Dolphins in Miami!

topscribe
03-20-2012, 11:14 AM
What is Tebow's legacy here? Yes, he does leave a legacy -- assuming he does go somewhere else.

When Tebow took the reins, the Broncos became a tough team. They weren't tough before, but his infectious influence had them all the sudden smashing mouths. We can talk about Tebow's mechanical shortcomings (as I have, admittedly), but this is something that cannot be taken away from him. Whether Tebow stays, or whether he goes, this team has found out that it is one tough bunch. This was largely Tebow's doing, and it's not about to go away, no matter what he does.

Thanks for that, Teebs . . .

vandammage13
03-20-2012, 12:07 PM
I actually think that one thing everyone should thank Tebow for is the role he played in getting us Manning.

If this team would have stayed the course with Orton and we finished with another 4 to 6 win season, no way Manning comes here.

Though not the only reason for the turnaround, Tebow was the catalyst for it...And without the run we went on I serioulsy doubt we would have been considered by Manning.

Traveler
03-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Good Luck Tim. Thanks for making Bronco football a pleasure to watch again.

TT15Superman
03-20-2012, 09:47 PM
For all Tebow and Broncos fans, I think this best summarizes my feelings...just sharing what I've found.
http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/3/19/2886643/its-not-just-a-freaking-business-ok

BTW, Timmy, don't change your dog's name...you'll forever live in the hearts of true Broncos fans and Denverites...lives you've touched and graced with your passion. We wish you Godspeed, but you probably don't need that from us.

Thank you for everything...we'll just have to be fans from afar now.

ShooterJM
03-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Good to see at least most people are appreciative on some level. Can't say that I'm surprised about those who are cockbags even now.