PDA

View Full Version : Go get MIKE WALLACE!!!

DenBronx
03-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Get the deap threat and lets do this thing!

/THREAD

CoachChaz
03-19-2012, 11:43 AM
If we give up our first on a RFA not named Webb, I'll be pissed. An overrated deep threat is not needed with PM at the helm

slim
03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
This would be stupid, IMO.

Build the effing trenches....

SOCALORADO.
03-19-2012, 11:49 AM
1st of all, Wallace is NOT overrated. Thats laughable. The BEST deep threat, and a proven pro bowler.
2nd, he would cost a Ton of $$$$$$$. Period. So if a fan is willing to not see another FA, for many years, and some future players not get re-signed, then OK.
3rd, DEN can go get other WRs in the draft. Payaton makes everyone look good.

But yeah, Wallace is an enticing option.

BigDaddyBronco
03-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Wallace runs a 4.3, can catch, and has produced. I don't think he is over-rated.

But, the key here is to keep Manning from getting hit. OLine is crucial.

SR
03-19-2012, 12:08 PM
I'd rather the Broncos go get Plaxico Burress than trade their first round pick away to another AFC team.

slim
03-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Wallace runs a 4.3, can catch, and has produced. I don't think he is over-rated.

But, the key here is to keep Manning from getting hit. OLine is crucial.

I am already having nightmares about Beadles getting pushed back into Mannings fragile neck :eek:

LTC Pain
03-19-2012, 12:22 PM
No, no, no. This team clearly has other priorities over a deep threat. Our defense blows and our best DT (Bunk) isn't signed. If anything, EFX now needs to sign Porter to bolster our weak secondary. And, we have a number of RFAs/UFAs that need to ne re-signed. Plus, leaving $$$ to sign or draft picks and UDFAs. A "deep threat" is not a priority. Let DT do that.

Softskull
03-19-2012, 12:27 PM
If we give up our first on a RFA not named Webb, I'll be pissed. An overrated deep threat is not needed with PM at the helm

Everything has changed. We've gone from a clock burning offense to scoreboard burning. On offense we need a pass blocking oline. On defense we need pass rushers and DBs. I think Webb is a greater priority over Wallace, although I agree with BDB, Wallace is not overrated. Webb is a steal for a late first rounder and Baltimore is in no position to match.

Ravage!!!
03-19-2012, 12:29 PM
I think Wallace is a very good WR, and nt some overrated deep threat only.

BronColt
03-19-2012, 01:57 PM
I think Jeff Saturday and Dallas Clark are on their way to Denver. Plaxico Burress and Lee Evans can come in for cheap. Go OL first round and shore up the D with the rest of the draft and FA. SUPERBOWL!!!

Npba900
03-19-2012, 02:04 PM
This would be stupid, IMO.

Build the effing trenches....

EFX and PM are on the same page w/ taking care of the offensive trenches. The 25th pick of the NFL draft should have the Broncos picking OL, or else Payton wouldn't be signing.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 02:05 PM
I think Jeff Saturday and Dallas Clark are on their way to Denver. Plaxico Burress and Lee Evans can come in for cheap. Go OL first round and shore up the D with the rest of the draft and FA. SUPERBOWL!!!

Whoa! If all that came to frution JE would be in line for GM of the Year!!!

CoachChaz
03-19-2012, 02:06 PM
He runs fast and deep. Route running is suspect...he gives up on plays regularly...and drops a fair share of balls. Ashley Lelie 2.0...he just has a better QB throwing it to him.

Prove it wrong because I'm curious as to what makes him better than the average speedster in the NFL and worthy of a 1st round pick

SpringsBroncoFan
03-19-2012, 02:09 PM
The best argument against Wallace was (on tv I forget who):

It's over 5 mil in cap space which is held hostage because it's what 5 days for them to match...

SF would likely jump in and drive the price up much higher...

The lost draft pick...

Broncos need the cap space to sign other needs...

CrazyHorse
03-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Tebow and picks for MJD. Do it NOW!!!

Nomad
03-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Agree with BDB and slim......make sure Manning is protected and has a solid run game. I believe BRONCOS need to add a solid DT, CB and MLB.

LTC Pain
03-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Agree with BDB and slim......make sure Manning is protected and has a solid run game. I believe BRONCOS need to add a solid DT, CB and MLB.

Agree. But we need to re-sign Bunk then add a solid DT. And I wouldn't mind a LB trio of Miller/McLain/Irving on the field either. I'm hoping our signing of FAs speeds up a bit after signing Manning.

WARHORSE
03-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Bring in Wallace. Let him watch tape with Peyton. If Peyton thinks he can get on the same page............do it.

Spend the rest of the draft on the defense and a RB.

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Wallace is too expensive. Manning has turned the Gonzalez and Garcons in to super stars! Why not just draft a guy. Maybe Blackmon is still there at 25. I would take that over Wallace.

Dzone
03-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Who's worse, JD Walton or Zane Beadles? I know I saw JD get ragdolled a lot last season. The dude is terrible

slim
03-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Wallace is too expensive. Manning has turned the Gonzalez and Garcons in to super stars! Why not just draft a guy. Maybe Blackmon is still there at 25. I would take that over Wallace.

Why would he be available at 25?

SpringsBroncoFan
03-19-2012, 02:38 PM

Yeah, not gonna happen, just like Claiborne & DeCastro aren't gonna be there...

Hill & Wright might not even make it to 25...

CoachChaz
03-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Let's pretend Wallace is worth giving up the pick. Where are we getting the money to pay him after signing manning?

The Peytonator
03-19-2012, 05:36 PM
You really don't need Wallace. Build the defense stronger. Peyton doesn't need weapons...his mind is the weapon.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-19-2012, 05:37 PM
pass...you can get WRs w/o costing money AND picks.

UnderArmour
03-19-2012, 06:56 PM
He runs fast and deep. Route running is suspect...he gives up on plays regularly...and drops a fair share of balls. Ashley Lelie 2.0...he just has a better QB throwing it to him.

Prove it wrong because I'm curious as to what makes him better than the average speedster in the NFL and worthy of a 1st round pick
What? How can you say he regularly gives up on plays when Wallace regularly grabs balls from Roethlisburger after the play breaks down? Are we talking about the same Mike Wallace here? I'm legitimately confused by your post.

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 06:58 PM

Same reason Dez and DT were sitting there at almost that same spot. We aren't the Lions. We aren't the team that drafts a WR at #3 in the 1st let alone go after a guy like Wallace at the cost of a first.

dogfish
03-19-2012, 06:58 PM
on NFL Network Monday, Mike Mayock made the case that Wallace would help the Broncos more than whatever player they might take 25th overall.

“I would make an offer that Pittsburgh would have a lot of trouble matching for Mike Wallace,” Mayock said. “I’d be happy to give up my first-round pick, and I’d make that young man a rich, rich young man. And I’d have a vertical threat to go along with Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas — I might look at Dallas Clark. You’ve made a commitment to Peyton Manning. Now let’s go get him the weapons.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Nomad
03-19-2012, 07:09 PM
You really don't need Wallace. Build the defense stronger. Peyton doesn't need weapons...his mind is the weapon.

I'll have to agree. Peyton's going to need a solid defense. What he also needs is a solid run game....get help for McGahee.

slim
03-19-2012, 07:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Disagree 100%....Manning made Blair White look like a legit WR.

He will be fine with what we have.

dogfish
03-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Disagree 100%....Manning made Blair White look like a legit WR.

He will be fine with what we have.

i'm cool with it either way. . . going after wallace wouldn't be my first choice, but i'm not going to cry if we do add one of the most dangerous gamebreakers in the league just as he's hitting his prime. . . i'm usually dead-set against overspending on the position, but the old rules are out the window now. . .

Rick
03-19-2012, 07:25 PM
I thought DT had a chance to be a star BEFORE Manning got here.

If DT stays healthy he is going to be lights out.

Another second tier WR would be great though.

Looks like Ted Ginn is still there, maybe bring him in as a 3rd/4th receiver / KR.

Maybe Steve Smith as well, he has fallen off but he put up a couple good years in NY.

BroncoBowlby 88
03-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Sweet lord I hope we don't waste our 1st rd pick on that guy. Even with manning on the team we should still focus on the defense with that 1st pick

DenBronx
03-19-2012, 10:37 PM
You can't get a better player at 25 than Wallace.

DO IT NOW DENVER!!!!!!!!

SmilinAssasSin27
03-20-2012, 09:49 PM
1 trick pony. there is a reason steelers aren't re-upping him. Ya don't overpay AND give a 1st rounder.

pipes
03-20-2012, 09:58 PM
I will be happy if they get him due to his talent.
I will be happy if they don't get him due to the cash and cap hit that will be needed.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-24-2012, 07:02 PM
1 trick pony. there is a reason steelers aren't re-upping him. Ya don't overpay AND give a 1st rounder.

Click to see how much the dude wants... notice the name in the link...

http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-free-agency/2012/3/23/2893396/nfl-free-agency-2012-mike-wallace-larry-fitzgerald

hotcarl
03-24-2012, 07:20 PM
What a faggot. No thanks.

Dzone
03-24-2012, 08:49 PM
I didnt think so until I heard Dave Logan say he is a big Mike Wallace fan and that it would be a good move to get him on the Broncos.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-24-2012, 11:08 PM
I didnt think so until I heard Dave Logan say he is a big Mike Wallace fan and that it would be a good move to get him on the Broncos.

Did he happen to say if he felt a 15 mil avg was a good move???

dogfish
03-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Did he happen to say if he felt a 15 mil avg was a good move???

now that al davis is fully dead, i'm not sure there's anyone in the league batshit crazy enough over speed to pay wallace like that. . . i mean, he can ask for twenty, but at some point he might find that he has to scale back his expectations-- or take the risk of not signing an offer sheet, playing out this year under the tag, and seeing if he can get to unrestricted free agency next year. . .

obviously i'm just guessing, but with dan snyder already tapped out, i don't know if there's a sucker still out there flush with enough cap space to pay mike like larry. . . does he want to carry a ridiculously expensive insurance policy, or risk getting hurt and missing his payday? he should be happy if somebody offers him a deal that averages ten to twelve per, and a good situation with a chance to win. . . good luck getting fifteen. . .

edit: and clearly, we aren't going to be making him an offer. . . we'll carry one more receiver, but not a star like that after adding two younger guys with some skill that manning can work with. . . nah-- we'll sign stokley for close to the vet minimum, or grab another young vet with some upside, or maybe even draft a kid between the second and the fourth. . . with two usable move TEs plus thomas and green, and decker and DT outside, we're getting pretty well stocked up. . .

RB is obviously a bigger priority at this point-- jonathon stewart is a much more realistic target than wallace. . . and if we don't get stewart, a back like doug martin or chris polk should fit our needs nicely-- and still leave our first rounder free for an OL, DT or corner, even if we might have to move up a little from our second if we do want martin. . .

CoachChaz
03-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Wait a year and make the offer for Antonio Brown. Hes the better of the two anyway