PDA

View Full Version : Broncos trying to trade Tebow

BroncoBowlby 88
03-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Mort and Schefter both have sources who say the Broncs are now going to look into trading Tebow soon. Crazy offseason.

Northman
03-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks Tim and good luck.

BroncoBowlby 88
03-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Got to love the kid. But I love wins more, and Peyton provides that.

PatriotsGuy
03-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Ok on the way into work this morning I was listening to sports radio and they were saying that some guy tweeted that Manning was going to the Broncos and John Clayton was saying that the Patriots were going to get Tebow. I have no idea why see here http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2012/03/could_tim_tebow.html

Northman
03-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Ok on the way into work this morning I was listening to sports radio and they were saying that some guy tweeted that Manning was going to the Broncos and John Clayton was saying that the Patriots were going to get Tebow. I have no idea why see here http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2012/03/could_tim_tebow.html

Probably because of McDaniels. Even when McD drafted him there were reports of NE being interested. As a lockerroom influence and a package player Tebow is certainly valuable.

slim
03-19-2012, 11:08 AM

It's been rumored that Belli likes Tim and wanted to draft him....also, Josh is there now.

Makes sense.

I hope we fleece you, though.

DenBronx
03-19-2012, 11:11 AM
If we trade Tebow, I hope we don't just dump him. At least wait it out until you can get something good in return.

Grover
03-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Daniel Fells a Patriot
Brandon Lloyd a Patriot
Josh McDaniels a Patriot again
potentially, Tim Tebow becoming a Patriot

The Patriots are turning into Denver Broncos East!

chazoe60
03-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Have to do it. Too much ad politics to keep him. I will always root for the young man though, as lomg is doesn't affect the Broncos. He is a damn fine person and a damn fine football player and unlike some I believe he can be a damn fine QB some day. But we just got Peyton Friggin Manning.

ShooterJM
03-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Bellichek was down at UF a lot watching Tebow, pretty sure that's how hernandez got on his radar.

claymore
Best Day ever~!!!!!!!!!!!

Northman
If we trade Tebow, I hope we don't just dump him. At least wait it out until you can get something good in return.

He wont be worth that much. Maybe a 3rd or 4th at best.

Tned
03-19-2012, 11:14 AM
I hate to see them trade him, since Manniing only has a few years left, assuming he's healthy, so I would have preferred to have them try and develop Tebow, especially since he is practically free for the next three years, since Broncos prepaid about 75% of what was left of his salary before the 2011 season.

weazel
03-19-2012, 11:14 AM

They will use him as a weapon and he will do great there. He wont be treated as a QB, he will be a RB, TE or whatever else they need and it will work.

Mike
03-19-2012, 11:15 AM
This FO will probably get pillaged by NEs FO. No way we get anything for Tebow.

Northman
03-19-2012, 11:18 AM
I hate to see them trade him, since Manniing only has a few years left, assuming he's healthy, so I would have preferred to have them try and develop Tebow, especially since he is practically free for the next three years, since Broncos prepaid about 75% of what was left of his salary before the 2011 season.

I would of been fine with that but i believe the FO just feels Tim wont get any better or will take too long. They can draft a guy like Brock and let him learn for a couple of years and not need as much work.

slim

I think it's a mistake to trade him too.

But, today is a good day for Denver. Let's save this for another day.

TXBRONC

They don't have too just dump him. From everything I've heard it wouldn't be a problem salary wise to keep both. Tim was the 25th overall pick in his draft class so he's not being paid like Bradford or Stafford.

turftoad
03-19-2012, 11:19 AM

Trade him straight up for Gabbert and let Gabbert develope behind Manning.

BroncoBowlby 88
03-19-2012, 11:19 AM
The Pats have a lot of picks, and with the combo of bill and Mcd. I don't think it's to crazy to see them give up a second or third. That would be ok

Nomad
03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Go get the Gronk :dreaming:

MileHighCrew
03-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Although I was vocal about my doubts of Tebow, I am thankful for last season and I wish the young man the very best, if he is learning from Manning or moving on. Everything else aside, good luck Tebow

OrangeHoof
We probably don't have much bargaining power here unless we can create a market for him. I don't see how Jacksonville doesn't go after him, especially if it only costs them a 3rd or 4th. That's chump change for a starting QB. We need to find two or three willing bidders and see if we can get a first-rounder out of it.

After all, the kid has a playoff win. How many young QBs can say that?

Edmonton Bronco Fan
What Tned said.

I wish Tebow nothing but success wherever he ends up.

Northman

F Gabbert.

If NE wants him lets just trade him for Mallet who i think will be better than Gabbert anyway.

PatriotsGuy
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Go get the Gronk :dreaming:

lol hands off the Gronk!

Zweems56
03-19-2012, 11:23 AM
You know, this just may lead us to having a strong Broncos fanbase for the first time in years. ******* quarterback controversy, man. So tired of it.

Northman
03-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Although I was vocal about my doubts of Tebow, I am thankful for last season and I wish the young man the very best, if he is learning from Manning or moving on. Everything else aside, good luck Tebow

Indeed. Even if football doesnt work out for him he will always have his ministry work to do. He brings a smile to a lot of people because of the type of person he is on the inside.

broncophan
03-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Keep Tebow, and let him be a Kubiak for 2 or 3 years....as highly as Tebow has spoken about the bronco organization...he should go along with that.

weazel
03-19-2012, 11:27 AM
I think it's a mistake to trade him too.

But, today is a good day for Denver. Let's save this for another day.

I think he would be useful as an offensive weapon but I think they just want to rid themselves of the circus.

Grover
If Elway calls me, I'd tell him to trade Tim Tebow straight up for Ryan Mallett.

BORDERLINE
well some of you got what you WANTED. I'm Fully gonna have Manning's back and it's gonna be FUN having that CONTENDER title and SB opportunity!!!!!

Let's see how it all plays out.

Timmy Boy, Loved the HEART you brought to the team and how you got us back to the AFC WEST CHAMPIONSHIP And Playoffs. Will be a fan of yours wherever you go except when you play the Broncos!!!!.

Northman
03-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Keep Tebow, and let him be a Kubiak for 2 or 3 years....as highly as Tebow has spoken about the bronco organization...he should go along with that.

Word is he was disgruntled and will want to be traded. Granted, its a rumor.

broncophan
03-19-2012, 11:30 AM

Yea.....looking at our schedule for next year...i am not so sure it matters who our qb is...I understand how good Manning is and all...but it's not like we will automaticaly win 12 games with him...

BigDaddyBronco
03-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Can you imagine what the Pats could do with Tebow. They are the guys that use LB's as TE's and WR's as CB's. If they get him it could be a bad thing.

Dapper Dan
03-19-2012, 11:31 AM
I like Mallet as well. But I would love for our QB of the future to be Tyler Bray.

CoachChaz
03-19-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm thinking of a team that already has a mobile, left-handed QB with a strong arm and limited accuracy that always has some extra draft picks and needs a back-up QB

Northman
03-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Can you imagine what the Pats could do with Tebow. They are the guys that use LB's as TE's and WR's as CB's. If they get him it could be a bad thing.

Yes and no. Chances are they would use Tebow like they did against us with Hern. But NE still needs a lot of defensive help.

BigDaddyBronco
03-19-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm thinking of a team that already has a mobile, left-handed QB with a strong arm and limited accuracy that always has some extra draft picks and needs a back-up QB

Philly?

SOCALORADO.
03-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Straight up for either one of their 2nds, or Ryan Mallet. And nothing else. If they wont budge, F em.

skins_fan82
03-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I understand that Tebow MUST go, due to all the fanboyism that would still swirl around Mile High. The first time Peyton throws an interception, the blind Tebow cult would demand Timmy take the field.

With that said though, I wish they could've figured out a way to keep him. I believe Tim Tebow is humble enough to stand aside and let peyton take the reigns. They could've had a few "Tebow packages" for 3rd and short and goalline situations.

Either way, even though it wasn't pretty, watching him last year was fun, and I wish him the best.

chazoe60
03-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Tebow and a sixth or so for Mallet let Mallet sit behind Manning for four years. I like the sound of that.

Ravage!!!
03-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Tebow would be no different than he would be at any team.... a QB that can choose to run left or right or middle.. and MAYBE throw. Good for third down conversions and some goalline situations. Other than that, they aren't go ing to put him as a TE or WR.

Brady will still want his TD passes, so he won't come out of the game every time the team is inside the 5. I think NE is the WORST place for Tebow, and I think he would be PISSED if he was traded there. Tebow wants to prove he can be an NFL QB. In NE, he stands NO chance behind Brady and Mallet (and the other one as well). This move would ensure that Tim NEVER gets to be a NFL starter. That would be the worst thing John could do to him.

Nomad
03-19-2012, 11:38 AM

:lol: I'm sure the Philly fans would be a little nicer to the Tebowmaniacs

slim
03-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Tebow and a sixth or so for Mallet let Mallet sit behind Manning for four years. I like the sound of that.

I'd rather get a 2nd (if anyone would give one) and use it on Osweiler.

Give Osweiler a few years sitting behind Manning and you may have something there.

LTC Pain
03-19-2012, 11:39 AM

No. Straight up to the Pats for Mallett, same mentoring from Manning.

CoachChaz
03-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Philly?

Why not? If they can gamble with VY, I think they'd gamble with TT. Might be abke to get a 3rd from them. But they also have two 2nd's. We have to sit on it and let Miami or someone get desperate and drive up the price

weazel
Miami might have to take him by default! Who else is out there? 49rs will have to keep Alex Smith now and Seattle scooped up Flynn. Denver will need a backup and a guy like Brunell would fit into that

catfish

Call me crazy I think McD and Bellichek legitimatley see Tebow as a high potential project QB. He is never going to replace brady while Brady still wants to play, but Brady is getting older and Tebow can be kept on the roster cheap for the next few years, groomed and eventually utilized...could be interesting to see how they use him if he goes

Edmonton Bronco Fan

Tebow is such a classy and humble guy I have trouble believing this... but at the same time, you want to play. Being stuck behind Manning for 4 years probably isn't what Tebow has in mind.

I wish they could make it work though.

Northman
03-19-2012, 11:41 AM

Uh yea. Been down in Philly recently for work and they are ******** for just the sake of it. :lol::lol:

CoachChaz
03-19-2012, 11:41 AM

They got behind Vick when the rest of the world wanted him lynched.

Dzone
03-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Very sad any way you cut it. Tebow gave us the most excitement this town has seen since 1999. I hate seeing him go.

CoachChaz
03-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Uh yea. Been down in Philly recently for work and they are ******** for just the sake of it. :lol::lol:

That's because the rest of the world has given us a reputation to live up to.

underrated29
03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
I am not happy about this. I can not think of a situation better for tebow than to learn from peyton and elway.

I also see how his skills translate to well a team, leadership, ability to score at will in redzone, all kinds of good things. I am THRILLED to death for manning, and now maybe we can get rid of Mike Mcshit. But still, I really really REALLY REALLY REALLY think that it is a BAD Idea to get rid of tebow. I think this is a very stupid move. I do not like it one bit. This could somehow, and I do not know how, because logically I cant think of anything, but somehow bite us in the ass.

We should keep tebow.

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 11:47 AM

I could not agree more! Great teams keep their talent/athletes. That is what Tebow is. There is no reason to ship him off. I just hope they get some real value for the kid. They gave up way too much to the Ravens to be able to draft him.

Northman
03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
I am not happy about this. I can not think of a situation better for tebow than to learn from peyton and elway.

I also see how his skills translate to well a team, leadership, ability to score at will in redzone, all kinds of good things. I am THRILLED to death for manning, and now maybe we can get rid of Mike Mcshit. But still, I really really REALLY REALLY REALLY think that it is a BAD Idea to get rid of tebow. I think this is a very stupid move. I do not like it one bit. This could somehow, and I do not know how, because logically I cant think of anything, but somehow bite us in the ass.

We should keep tebow.

But what if Tebow doesnt want to be here? People would still be pissed if Elway said "He's under contract and we are going to keep him here while he sits". If the rumor is true that Teebs wants to be traded with a chance to start right away wouldnt that be the "classy" thing to do?

Nomad
Tebow is such a classy and humble guy I have trouble believing this... but at the same time, you want to play. Being stuck behind Manning for 4 years probably isn't what Tebow has in mind.

I wish they could make it work though.

So he accepts being stuck behind some other starting QB:confused: BRONCOS want to unload Tebow....period.

jhildebrand
You know, this just may lead us to having a strong Broncos fanbase for the first time in years. ******* quarterback controversy, man. So tired of it.

That presumes Manning comes here and is successful.

We saw how many holes and depth issues this team had with Orton at QB. I get that Manning is WAY better than Orton however Tebow made up or covered some of those deficiencies.

If this team fails to make the PO's with Manning, the told you so's will be quite loud!

Npba900
03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
He wont be worth that much. Maybe a 3rd or 4th at best.

If we trade Tebow why not ask for Mallett? This way Mallett can replace Manning in 3-5 years. If Belli gets to trade for Tebow, Tebow will be used as a SLASH "Do Everything" football player, with the hopes of convincing Tim to switch to TE full-time!

Belichick definately is not interested in Tebow to be his Long-term QB of the future to replace Brady. Belichick drafted Mallett to replace Brady down the road.

Like I've been saying all along, the first NFL team that can convince Tebow to switch to TE will have an All Pro TE. Too bad Tebow is too stubborn and self-centered-and polarizing to even consider becoming a TE for the Broncos.

Tebow will learn very quickly that NFL teams "ARE NOT INTERESTED" in making Tebow their long term QB of the future. Tebow has been lying to himself, the Tebow Camp has been lying to Tebow, and Tebow fan base have been lying to Tebow with foolishly believing that TEBOW is an NFL Caliber "Elite" QB.

Its high time for all the "LYING" to come to an end.

Bowlen, Elway, and Fox have said ENOUGH!........Lets stop with all the Lying!!!!!

Northman
That presumes Manning comes here and is successful.

We saw how many holes and depth issues this team had with Orton at QB. I get that Manning is WAY better than Orton however Tebow made up or covered some of those deficiencies.

If this team fails to make the PO's with Manning, the told you so's will be quite loud!

A lot of the deficiencies were hidden because they scaled back his passing attempts and his inexperience and mechanics problem. Both Orton and Tebow are not Manning. Ive said it before, Manning is a student of game film. He is a QB who has a quick release and is very accurate with the football. Something that neither Tebow nor Orton were consistently good at. I would be SHOCKED if our offense didnt improve dramatically under Manning.

jhildebrand
The idea that the Broncos caved to fan pressure and played Tebow is ridiculous. The idea that the "circus" is too much and they would trade him because of that is equally ridiculous.

Team's do what team's want to do without any regard to the fan. The fans will be there and they know that. If this was about pleasing the fans, Manning would still be in Indy!

Edmonton Bronco Fan
03-19-2012, 11:57 AM
So he accepts being stuck behind some other starting QB:confused: BRONCOS want to unload Tebow....period.

I'm not saying that he would accept being stuck behind other QB's but if the Broncos decide to unload him for scraps wherever they want, what choice does he have?

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 11:59 AM
I guess the way I see it is this:

1. Best teams keep their talent and get production out of them no matter where they line up.
2. This team gave up a king's ransom to get Tebow.
3. They already paid him the bulk of his contract.

Why not get the most out of your investment? :confused:

I just get the feeling this Manning venture will either be BOOM or BUST. The problem is if it goes BUST the team will be back at ground zero again for years to come. Something we just came out of. They will be at ground zero and cash strapped. That could be a decade of bengal like football.

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 12:04 PM
A lot of the deficiencies were hidden because they scaled back his passing attempts and his inexperience and mechanics problem.

I agree. But team's KNEW what the Broncos were doing and couldn't stop it. There is something to be said for that.

Both Orton and Tebow are not Manning.

I think that is something everyone can agree on.

Ive said it before, Manning is a student of game film. He is a QB who has a quick release and is very accurate with the football. Something that neither Tebow nor Orton were consistently good at. I would be SHOCKED if our offense didnt improve dramatically under Manning.

Our running game improved dramatically! They averaged 190 per game on the ground. That will not be the case with Manning. In fact, it would be great if this team could average 100. The running game will need some work too. McGahee was much more effective in the Timmy-ball style of offense than the traditional offense.

Success will be predicated on protecting Manning. I don't trust Beadles one bit!

Finally, on a side note, Clady is smiling. He will go back to his all pro LT form. He will be motivated to. He is back to being a true LT. One good season and he will demand to be paid amongst the best LT's in the game. Problem is with Manning's contract, I am not sure there will be enough money to go around.

This team now needs to go out and get a RB and OL in the first two rounds of the draft, IMHO, and hope to find DT help or hope Warren can hold up.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm not saying that he would accept being stuck behind other QB's but if the Broncos decide to unload him for scraps wherever they want, what choice does he have?

Naturally Tim has no choice. Here's a much larger reality. What happens with Tebow when he's faced with the reality that the other 31 NFL teams do not think Tim is a longer term answer as their QB as well!

Nomad
03-19-2012, 12:10 PM

BRONCOS need to do it ASAP, if they are going to do so, so there are no distractions in the rest of FA and focus on the draft. They can't set the price too high either.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 12:11 PM

1. Best teams keep their talent and get production out of them no matter where they line up.

I just get the feeling this Manning venture will either be BOOM or BUST. The problem is if it goes BUST the team will be back at ground zero again for years to come. Something we just came out of. They will be at ground zero and cash strapped. That could be a decade of bengal like football.

Meh! We are/were facing the same Boom/bust scenario with Tebow as our QB. If we land/sign Manning this year it would still be prudent for EFX to draft a QB in 2012 whether its Manning or Tebow starting in 2012.

lgenf
03-19-2012, 12:15 PM
the Broncos have already stated they are putting up T2 on the block b/c they do not want to deal with it

since there are many of you that think T2 isn't worth anything as a QB, what do you think the open market is going to get for him

Broncos may be able to get a 3rd if they are lucky, and for those of you that think you are getting Mallet out of NE in a straight deal, I really hope they don't have random drug testing at your place of employment

I do hope Manning is healthy because I enjoy watching him play, but the Broncos aren't getting much back for T2 - he may even just have to be released

weazel
03-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Shannon Sharpe
Why can't we pray when something good happens .He doesn't tebow when he gets sacked or when he fumbles

Northman
03-19-2012, 12:25 PM
I agree. But team's KNEW what the Broncos were doing and couldn't stop it. There is something to be said for that.

Of course, it was new to the league and hadnt been seen in eons. But it was never going to be a longterm solution.

In fact, it would be great if this team could average 100. The running game will need some work too.

Oh sure, the running game will need work, just like the Oline and defense.

Success will be predicated on protecting Manning.

Any Qb will need protection. But where Tebow was weak Manning is strong. A QB who is more decisive and accurate with the football will force defenses to take the 8 out of the box that we were facing and force them to play the pass which thus opens up the running game.

This team now needs to go out and get a RB and OL in the first two rounds of the draft, IMHO, and hope to find DT help or hope Warren can hold up.

Agreed. And they will have to address the future QB position whether through the draft, FA, or a trade.

the Broncos have already stated they are putting up T2 on the block b/c they do not want to deal with it

since there are many of you that think T2 isn't worth anything as a QB, what do you think the open market is going to get for him

Broncos may be able to get a 3rd if they are lucky, and for those of you that think you are getting Mallet out of NE in a straight deal, I really hope they don't have random drug testing at your place of employment

I do hope Manning is healthy because I enjoy watching him play, but the Broncos aren't getting much back for T2 - he may even just have to be released

Nah, Tebow wont have to be released as he is under contract. If Denver is trying to trade him they will either get offers or let him sit. If Tebow wants the trade then they will try to accomodate him, but if no one bites or doesnt give them what they want than he still sits. They wont outright cut him.

701Bronco
03-19-2012, 12:29 PM
From what I know of Tebow he would rather not play than be switched to tight end or running back. He is a quarterback and that's all there is too it. I hope he goes to Jacksonville and starts. I could see us getting rid of him for nothing coming back to bite us in the ass.

weazel
03-19-2012, 12:29 PM

you dont really hold your boy in high regard, hey?

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Meh! We are/were facing the same Boom/bust scenario with Tebow as our QB.

But the expectations were different. Also, this FO had a free pass as long as Tebow was under center as he wasn't their guy. That is all gone now. Oh and then there is the fact that Tebow would have been one of the least, if not the least, expensive starting QB's in the league.

This team will be cash strapped going forward. This team only got Manning because of Tebow and a home playoff game and the $20-40 million it brings to an owner.

So essentially this team could have built all around Tebow with no pressure or expectations and easily replaced him later and been healthy financially. Now the expecatations are already SB or bust and the financials are back to Shanahan era books. SB or bust is A LOT of pressure! It hasn't worked out too well for the Jets.

If we land/sign Manning this year it would still be prudent for EFX to draft a QB in 2012 whether its Manning or Tebow starting in 2012.

They have no choice. This team has Manning and Weber. We all know it won't be Weeden now. CHAZE can party on that at least.

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Of course, it was new to the league and hadnt been seen in eons. But it was never going to be a longterm solution.

That only explains part of it. The team only ran the full bore triple option for so long. Xanders and others had admitted they were back to a more traditional style offense before too long.

Oh sure, the running game will need work, just like the Oline and defense.

Well we'll see how that can be done. We need to see the details of the Manning contract. It mayhamstring some of their efforts. We also need to realize this could lead to the exit of Clady.

Any Qb will need protection. But where Tebow was weak Manning is strong. A QB who is more decisive and accurate with the football will force defenses to take the 8 out of the box that we were facing and force them to play the pass which thus opens up the running game.

I don't know North. Go back and watch some of those games. I get that Manning is quick in the release BUT there were some games where Orton wasn't even into his 3 step drop and had a DL on him thanks to Beadles!

Agreed. And they will have to address the future QB position whether through the draft, FA, or a trade.

Tannehill at 25 (if he lasts) or Osweiler in the 2nd. Might as well at this point.

Nah, Tebow wont have to be released as he is under contract. If Denver is trying to trade him they will either get offers or let him sit. If Tebow wants the trade then they will try to accomodate him, but if no one bites or doesnt give them what they want than he still sits. They wont outright cut him.[/QUOTE]

Dean
03-19-2012, 12:36 PM

I just get the feeling ]this Manning venture will either be BOOM or BUST. The problem is if it goes BUST the team will be back at ground zero again for years to come. Something we just came out of. They will be at ground zero and cash strapped. That could be a decade of bengal like football.

. . . and keeping Tebow would not have been BOOM or BUST??? If Tim did not develop we would also be back at ground zero for years to come. Yes, it could be a decade it would be a decade either way and IMO Peyton unless he gets injured is injured again gives us a proven hall of fame talent QB.

lgenf
03-19-2012, 12:37 PM
you dont really hold your boy in high regard, hey?

actually I do, and I do think he will continue to be a winning starting QB in the NFL, but Denver already said, we are working with Manning on finalizing the deal, AND we are putting Tebow on the block

they do not want to deal with having T2 on the roster, they didn't just try to land Manning, they put it out there, they are trying to trade him

what are they going to try and get back in a trade? Elway doesn't believe T2 has any future in Denver, is not any kind of long term solution, so if everyone in the world knows Denver doesn't want him, why would they even offer anything

Even Mort on ESPN just said they may have to just cut him and release him if there just isn't any offers

I think it's a very real possibility that the FO of Denver may get nothing

Ravage!!!
03-19-2012, 12:41 PM
. . . and keeping Tebow would not have been BOOM or BUST??? If Tim did not develop we would also be back at ground zero for years to come. Yes, it could be a decade it would be a decade either way and IMO Peyton unless he gets injured is injured again gives us a proven hall of fame talent QB.

Exactly it. Tebow was/is a MUCH bigger risk than Manning. Manning is an AMAZING QB, Tebow is still purely a "hope and see" project. What if he didn't work out? Same thing. At least with Manning, WRs will look at us as a MUCH MUCH better option to sign with. Players will see us as a contender. The division just to a sigh of "ah shit" when Manning signed. They certainly didn't have the reaction with Tebow. The Broncos just signed (or about to) the biggest FA in the NFL FA era, and the risk is SOoooooo much less than the reward.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But there is no way anyone could logically say that signing Manning was a bad move.

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 12:42 PM

I already responded to this but will again.

No. With Tebow it wasn't boom or bust. The FO had a free pass as long as he was under center. The media and the fans all had made it clear there was a pass because Tebow wasn't their's. That gave the FO all the time they needed to build the TEAM. Let's not forget this is a TEAM sport not a QB sport. Build the team the entire time you are selling the fans the idea that you are trying to see if the "fan favorite" QB can develop. Shoot you already had a home PO game an win.

You build for 2-4 seasons and if the kid doesn't develop, it is easier to place a rookie QB in a la Roethlisberger in because the TEAM around him is SOLID. Your financials are healthy too!

Then there is $. Tebow isn't costing this team $95+ MILLION dollars! Manning is. This team still has a ton of holes on D and O.

So if BOTH were to go bust at least with Tebow busting you would still be financially healthy and could recover much quicker!

LTC Pain
03-19-2012, 12:45 PM
What do the Raiders have to offer for Tebow???

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Tebow was/is a MUCH bigger risk than Manning.

How so? :confused: Be specific.

But there is no way anyone could logically say that signing Manning was a bad move.

Of course you can. If he costs too much and can't deliver. If he costs too much and is injured in year one or two.

Too many of you guys forgot just how piss poor this team looked with Orton. Again Manning is WAY better than Orton but the rest of the team isn't any different! Too many of you declared it a dead season at 1-4 when Tebow was named the starter.

Nomad
03-19-2012, 12:48 PM
From a revenue standpoint.........Jaguars or Dolphins would be crazy not to throw in offers for Tebow. Miami seems to run those not-so-typical plays.

ShooterJM
Exactly it. Tebow was/is a MUCH bigger risk than Manning.

I really really really hope you don't do risk analysis or mitigation for living.

LTC Pain
How so? :confused:

Because Tebow throwing an accurate pass from the pocket is a MUCH BIGGER risk than Peyton Manning's neck. Get it now.

Traveler
03-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Broncos not expecting much in Tim Tebow trade
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 19, 2012, 1:17 PM EDT

But no matter which of those teams are interested in Tebow, they won’t be interested in giving up a bounty of draft picks for him. Former NFL general manager Charley Casserly told USA Today, “I’d be surprised if he went for much better than a fifth rounder.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/broncos-not-expecting-much-in-tim-tebow-trade/

They must really want to get rid of Tebow if this is correct.

lgenf
03-19-2012, 12:52 PM
From a revenue standpoint.........Jaguars or Dolphins would be crazy not to throw in offers for Tebow. Miami seems to run those not-so-typical plays.

and why give up anything to get him - Broncos don't want him on the roster, they don't just want to trade him, they want Tebow gone, that's much different then we want to trade him

they cannot risk having Tebow on the roster and Manning getting injured, the offenses are nothing alike

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Because Tebow throwing an accurate pass from the pocket is a MUCH BIGGER risk than Peyton Manning's neck. Get it now.

No I don't get it.

Please be elaborate. Tebow threw plenty of passes from the pocket. I recall him throwing plenty of GREAT passes to come from 17 down to beat Houston as a ROOKIE. I recall plenty of GREAT passes from the pocket to beat MN in a come from behind win.

Oh and then there was a beautifully timed crossing pattern, thrown from the pocket to the middle of the field, something EVERYONE said Tebow could NOT do, to DT against the league's number one defense to win a home playoff game. All the other passes may have been ugly.

I would take ugly passes from the pocket that don't result in TO's anyday of the week than a rocket armed, beautiful footwork and drop back, INT from a Cutler or Manning.

So please be specific and answer the question precisely how Tebow is a bigger risk than Manning. Be sure to address the financial aspect as well as the injury as well as the current make up of the team!

Nomad
03-19-2012, 12:56 PM
and why give up anything to get him - Broncos don't want him on the roster, they don't just want to trade him, they want Tebow gone, that's much different then we want to trade him

they cannot risk having Tebow on the roster and Manning getting injured, the offenses are nothing alike

Perhaps......depends how important that late rd pick is to the team compared with significant revenue increases. it's worth it for a desperate team to fill the seats when there is no guarantee you'll land Tebow if he is let go

Ravage!!!
03-19-2012, 01:02 PM
How so? :confused: Be specific.
Because with Manning you get a GREAT QB from the start. With Tebow you get nothing more than a HUGE project that proved that he STILL is a bad passer. Its a bigger risk to put player around a QB that may not turn out at ALL than it is to put players around a guy that has already proved to be one f the best passers in NFL history. If you are talking RISK at the QB position, sticking with a "hope" is MUCH riskier than taking a chance on a HoF QB.

Of course you can. If he costs too much and can't deliver. If he costs too much and is injured in year one or two.

Too many of you guys forgot just how piss poor this team looked with Orton. Again Manning is WAY better than Orton but the rest of the team isn't any different! Too many of you declared it a dead season at 1-4 when Tebow was named the starter.

Don't compare Manning to Orton. Manning has made mediocre WRs look GREAT while in Indy. He will help the OL, and he will obviously help the defense. I'm not saying that we are good at all the talent across the board on the team. But PLEASE don't tell me that we are good enough to get to the playoffs with Tebow and his lame style of playing, than we are with Manning and his.

Quit worrying about the money. We have more than enough cap room. The QB position is the MOST IMPORTANT position in professional sports... period. Making a BIG investment at that position makes sense. Keeping an unknown and "hoping" doesn't. Its MUCH easier to build a team around a great QB than the other way around. Its why the Super Bowls have been filled with the top QBs, and only sprinkled with the average ones.

Ravage!!!
03-19-2012, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE]Oh and then there was a beautifully timed crossing pattern, thrown from the pocket to the middle of the field, something EVERYONE said Tebow could NOT do, to DT against the league's number one defense to win a home playoff game. All the other passes may have been ugly.

Stop with that. YOu know when someone says "They can't do it"...they aren't saying he can "never" do it, its about doing it consistantly. Tebow is FAR from consistent on anything when it comes to throwing. He's a BAD passer. That defense we played against in the playoffs was NOT the best defense in the NFL, and you know it. They were a shell of themselves against us. Not only the injuries before, not getting to play a starter at safety due to his blood condition, and then the injuries during the game. It was a lucky, but very fun, win. That WR across the field was an EASY pass because he was so wide open. Tebow did a great job hitting him, but every QB in the NFL could have made that pass.

Tebow's lack of Turnover were a direct result of us not relying on him to take chances. Why? Because he's a bad passer. Our defense can NOT hold up to punting the ball 13 times a game the way it did for a stretch. No different than Orton winning whne our defense was shutting teams out.

Tebow is a HUGE project where Manning is not. That, by definition, is a bigger risk.

Ravage!!!
03-19-2012, 01:08 PM

Maybe Tebow is asking to be traded.

Ravage!!!
03-19-2012, 01:09 PM
I really really really hope you don't do risk analysis or mitigation for living.

I really hope you can come up with something better than this. :yawn:

nflfan
03-19-2012, 01:14 PM

1. The best teams keep talent that fits with the style by which they seek to play. Tebow's QB style is the exact opposite of the way Elway wants his franchise QB to play. Developing him into a totally different QB would mean investing a lot of time and money, when there are probably cheaper options.

2. Tebow was acquired by McDaniels, and even Xanders washed his hands of the draft picks of that time. The current regime is just cutting losses.

3. Unfortunately, this is not about the money, it's about removing anything that could cause the team unnecessary distractions. This is about the overzealous Tebowmaniacs making a team think twice about keeping Tebow.

Acquiring Manning allows the Broncos to build the traditional passing offense Elway covets, and also gives the Broncos time to find and groom the franchise QB to take over the offense Manning fine tunes.

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Because with Manning you get a GREAT QB from the start. With Tebow you get nothing more than a HUGE project that proved that he STILL is a bad passer. Its a bigger risk to put player around a QB that may not turn out at ALL than it is to put players around a guy that has already proved to be one f the best passers in NFL history. If you are talking RISK at the QB position, sticking with a "hope" is MUCH riskier than taking a chance on a HoF QB.

So then the PO's and home field advantage should be a given, Rav? You gonna come out and admit to that right here? If Tebow as limited and terrible as he is took a 1-4 team to the POs and a home game and a win against the #1 D in the league WITH A BRUTAL schedule, Manning should have no problems right? :confused:

I don't want to hear excuses from you later on this. There is no reason Manning shouldn't have massive success here since Tebow did.

Don't compare Manning to Orton. Manning has made mediocre WRs look GREAT while in Indy.

I am not. I am comparing the offensive styles. This offense will go back to a style more akin to the one run when Orton was under center. Have you forgotten how many times Orton couldn't even get to a 3rd step in a 3 step drop without getting sacked? :confused: A quick release is great but you still have to be able to PROTECT for some amount of time!

He will help the OL, and he will obviously help the defense.

I buy that he will help the D. 3rd down conversions cant go anywhere but up with Manning. I grant that. But I don't buy he will help the line. They have to be able to protect him. If not he is a sitting duck. His mobility isn't enough to make the plays needed.

I'm not saying that we are good at all the talent across the board on the team. But PLEASE don't tell me that we are good enough to get to the playoffs with Tebow and his lame style of playing, than we are with Manning and his.

You said it. I am not on the SB or BUST train that so many seem to be on. This team, even with Manning, has way too many holes and depth issues. It was a 1-4 team w/ a traditional style offense. McGahee's numbers sucked goat balls too! Go look. RB becomes a need. Unless you think Moreno is magically going to become a stud simply because Manning is here :lol:

Quit worrying about the money. We have more than enough cap room.
Why should I not worry about it? :confused: That is all that has been talked about for years! Manning's contract will eat up a lot of that cap room too!

The QB position is the MOST IMPORTANT position in professional sports... period. Making a BIG investment at that position makes sense. Keeping an unknown and "hoping" doesn't. Its MUCH easier to build a team around a great QB than the other way around. Its why the Super Bowls have been filled with the top QBs, and only sprinkled with the average ones.

But this team isn't SB ready. Period. Whether Tebow is the QB or Manning. There are far too many holes and not enough depth. We aren't a QB away from the SB, rav. So in that sense it is better to build the team around Tebow with no expectations and no pressure. All the pressure and expectations were on Tebow. Plenty of fans would have forgiven the Broncos brass for allowing the experiment to continue for 1-2 seasons if when it was done we had a solid team at most positions and solid depth and ONLY NEEDED a QB!

Now the expectations are SB or BUST. The pressure is now squarely on ELWAY. If this doesn't go well his legacy becomes something MUCH DIfferent!

Ravage!!!
03-19-2012, 01:23 PM
jhil, just to let you know.. there is no way I"m reading t hrough all that, bro.

I hear that you are trying to say from your first sentence that if Tebow can take us to this, than Manning should take us to that, and that I have to try and admit it now and there are not excuses and blah blah blah.... something (I stopped there, sorry you wrote so much)

But you know thats just absurd. Seriously. The season coming up is different than the season we just left behind. We'll never know what Tebow would have done with this team, this year, against these other teams that have made their changes. No two years are alike and that doesn't matter.

I know that having Manning behind center makes the Broncos a better team. Simple as that. I'm in favor of IMPROVING the Broncos. Manning instantly improves the Broncos.

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 01:27 PM
1. The best teams keep talent that fits with the style by which they seek to play. Tebow's QB style is the exact opposite of the way Elway wants his franchise QB to play. Developing him into a totally different QB would mean investing a lot of time and money, when there are probably cheaper options.

Bull. The Pats have had guys like Troy Brown who go from WR to return man and DB to stay with team. Edelman. Etc... Matt Jones had plenty of good production from the WR spot for the lowly Jags.

3. Unfortunately, this is not about the money, it's about removing anything that could cause the team unnecessary distractions. This is about the overzealous Tebowmaniacs making a team think twice about keeping Tebow.

Again, the idea the team played Tebow to appease the fans is just as laughable as the idea they are getting rid of him to rid themselves of the cult like following he has. The team is doing what they want, and always has, without any regard for the fans.

Money will be an issue after the Manning contract is up. The only question will be is if it was worth it i.e. the team won a SB or not.

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 01:29 PM
jhil, just to let you know.. there is no way I"m reading t hrough all that, bro.

Coming from a poster who has had some lengthy posts in the past, this smacks of lazy. No worries though.

I hear that you are trying to say from your first sentence that if Tebow can take us to this, than Manning should take us to that, and that I have to try and admit it now and there are not excuses and blah blah blah.... something (I stopped there, sorry you wrote so much)

But you know thats just absurd. Seriously. The season coming up is different than the season we just left behind. We'll never know what Tebow would have done with this team, this year, against these other teams that have made their changes. No two years are alike and that doesn't matter.

I know that having Manning behind center makes the Broncos a better team. Simple as that. I'm in favor of IMPROVING the Broncos. Manning instantly improves the Broncos.

No two season's are alike. But if Manning is SOOOOO MUCH better and improves this team so much more than you should have no qualms standing behind the AFCCG at a minimum stance.

LTC Pain
03-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Just sit in the corner and repeat incessantly. It's all about Tebow, it's all about Tebow, it's all about Tebow................. Hell, I'll throw in a 100 pounds of fresh, unmolded MMJ to help you get through it!

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Well now it is ALL ABOUT MANNING. Half of indy is signing up on the boards as we speak. :D Circus #2

ShooterJM
03-19-2012, 01:38 PM
I really hope you can come up with something better than this. :yawn:

I do. If you'd like I can give you my entire strategic analysis of the move, but my suspicion is I'll type the entire thing out, and you'll skip it and say it's too long to read.

Here's the twitter version. Risk is exposure to a suboptimal outcome. If I had to guess, what you're doing is focusing solely on QB play as the outcome instead of it being the secondary effect of a choice.

ShooterJM
03-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Just sit in the corner and repeat incessantly. It's all about Tebow, it's all about Tebow, it's all about Tebow................. Hell, I'll throw in a 100 pounds of fresh, unmolded MMJ to help you get through it!

Uh. Is that deal open for everyone? :D

LTC Pain
03-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Uh. Is that deal open for everyone? :D

Only if Tebow gets traded :)

Cugel
03-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi

I know the Broncos have been in contact with at least three teams regaring Tebow. Despite what people think, there is a market for him.

Broncos have not only been openly shopping Tebow, they have talked to several teams about him. That rather suggests that they were moving on from Tim Tebow regardless of whether they landed Manning.

I personally can't believe that until it is confirmed that the discussions with these other teams didn't all happen AFTER they learned Manning is coming here.

That there is a market for Tebow nobody ever doubted -- but what is it?

A 3rd rounder? A 5th rounder? Nobody knows at this point. When the team says that "they don't care what they get for him" that suggests they are just asking teams to "make me an offer." And then they will take the best offer, regardless of what it is.

Cugel
03-19-2012, 01:47 PM
The decisions quite frankly isn't simply to be judged on "winning the SB."

The decision gives the Broncos the CHANCE to get to or win a SB. It might never happen. But, clearly it wasn't going to happen with Tim Tebow (that was EFX's opinion), so there's no point dragging this thing out for several more years.

Personally, I breath a big sigh of relief that the Tebow era is over in Denver and the Peyton Manning era is on. And that will be true regardless of how the team does this year.

There are NO GUARANTEES about that! Just ask the Philadelphia Eagles how they like those Super-Bowl rings that $100 million contract for Michael Vick (and all the other FA acquisitions they had) bought them! :laugh:

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Now just wait a darn minute...Tebow is the starter going into training camp. :couch:

LTC Pain
03-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Now just wait a darn minute...Tebow is the waterboy going into training camp. :couch:

Fixed!

Northman
03-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Now just wait a darn minute...Tebow is the starter going into training camp. :couch:

Well, they did say going "IN" but not when we actually arrive. lmao

UnderArmour
03-19-2012, 01:57 PM
Why do we have to trade Tebow exactly? If we can get a second go for it, but the best we can hope for is a 4th or a 5th unless Miami gets desperate. Manning is a big boy and any fan calling for Tebow to start would be branded a buffoon. There is ZERO distraction from having him on the roster. I don't understand a move unless it helps the team.

CrazyHorse
03-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Tebow for Maurice Jones-Drew!!!

Ravage!!!
03-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Coming from a poster who has had some lengthy posts in the past, this smacks of lazy. No worries though.
yeah, I've had some doozies in the past, for sure. But if I reply to that long thing by each and every quote, it will just grow. But you have basically one theme to all your points.

No two season's are alike. But if Manning is SOOOOO MUCH better and improves this team so much more than you should have no qualms standing behind the AFCCG at a minimum stance.

:laugh: Well, I'm a bit confused. Are you trying to say that Manning isn't better than Tebow? If not, how could you say that? If you admit that Manning is better than Tebow, than are you saying that the AFCCG is what you find to be the "success or failure" marker? If Tebow were to remain the QB, and would he be held to the same standards since we won a playoff game this year? Shouldn't he be held accountable to winning more, next? Even if Tebow were to remain our starting QB, I certainly wouldn't EXPECT AFCCG as the line of success, would you?

If you are saying that Tebow is "less" of a risk due to the injury, then that is one thing. But I'm saying that Manning is by FAR a much less risk as a QB. This "I should have no qualms saying AFCCG" is pretty ridiculous. I expect Manning to perform better than Tebow. THAT is my expectations.

G_Money
03-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Tebow for Maurice Jones-Drew!!!

Tebow for a pick that we can swing to the Panthers for J-Stew (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/32549/panthers-likely-to-shuffle-backfield).

~G

Mike
03-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Sign Michael Bush.

slim
03-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Tebow for 2nd that we can use on Osweiler.

jlarsiii
03-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Broncos have not only been openly shopping Tebow, they have talked to several teams about him. That rather suggests that they were moving on from Tim Tebow regardless of whether they landed Manning.

I personally can't believe that until it is confirmed that the discussions with these other teams didn't all happen AFTER they learned Manning is coming here.

That there is a market for Tebow nobody ever doubted -- but what is it?

A 3rd rounder? A 5th rounder? Nobody knows at this point. When the team says that "they don't care what they get for him" that suggests they are just asking teams to "make me an offer." And then they will take the best offer, regardless of what it is.

Well, that is interesting. Makes me wonder if Denver was putting out the feelers, or if teams contacted Denver once they threw their hat in the Manning ring just in case Denver landed Manning? If they really are set at trading Tebow then I hope that there has been interest so we can get fair compensation for him...

jlarsiii
03-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Tebow for a pick that we can swing to the Panthers for J-Stew (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/32549/panthers-likely-to-shuffle-backfield).

~G

That would work for me. Bring on the J-Stew!

Northman
03-19-2012, 03:02 PM

~G

Not that i would complain but didnt Stewart outplay DAngelo last year?

Magnificent Seven
03-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Mr. Elway,

PLEASE KEEP TEBOW! Use your good judgment!

Nick
03-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Broncos will most likely trade for a 3rd or 4th rounder. They will get what they can and get away from all this commotion and fans he brings to the broncos. I am just glad I can actually start coming back on these boards because has been pretty annoying with the Tebow fans knowledge of the sport.

Broncos SB odds before Manning 75-1, after Manning 8-1

Nomad
03-19-2012, 03:11 PM
BRONCOS will be lucky to get a 5th for Tebow.....just my guess.

aberdien
03-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Glad to hear that Merril Hoge and Mark Schlareth are still douches about Tebow though.

Northman
03-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Glad to hear that Merril Hoge and Mark Schlareth are still douches about Tebow though.

Why? What happened?

Nick
03-19-2012, 03:15 PM
If they can't get that, I will not be surprised if he was released. It is almost Jag's or nothing...

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Why? What happened?

Schlereth was on the radio this morning saying "if his name wasn't Tebow he would have been cut..."

No kudos for doing a pretty good job against all odds and being a good story...Just creaming his pants and gloating because Tebow is gone.

ShooterJM
03-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Schlereth was on the radio this morning saying "if his name wasn't Tebow he would have been cut..."

No kudos for doing a pretty good job against all odds and being a good story...Just pissing his pants and gloating because Tebow is gone.

Fixed it for you. It is stink after all.

Nomad
03-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Tebow to Bills?? Chan Gailey?

Northman
03-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Tebow to Bills?? Chan Gailey?

Odd combination. I would think the Bills' defense would ruin Teebs in TC after the decimation they showed last year.

Nomad
03-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Odd combination. I would think the Bills' defense would ruin Teebs in TC after the decimation they showed last year.

Idea came from here....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827b36c8/article/tim-tebow-stock-watch-where-will-he-play-in-2012

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Tebow for Mallett straight up. That is the rumor from J Clayton right now.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 04:29 PM

More likely Brian Hoyer straight up for Tebow...Pats would probably be looking at Tebow as a "Slash" player and view Mallet as the heir apparent...Hoyer is a backup quality QB, which is what the Broncos need right now.

If we can get Mallet straight up for Tebow, do it now!!

Jsteve01
03-19-2012, 04:30 PM
I would jump all over that Mallett deal. Get it done yesterday

aberdien
03-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Why? What happened?

They were just being overly condescending when talking about Tebow's future prospects. Nothing worth going into with those jerkoffs.

Jsteve01
03-19-2012, 04:31 PM
if we get fleeced in another deal I'll be pissed. No Tebow straight up for Hoyer. Just no

HammeredOut
03-19-2012, 04:32 PM
I don't think we can trade Tebow to the CFL>?>??? Can we?? Thats most likely the place he would be starting again, if he ever starts another game...

Nomad
03-19-2012, 04:33 PM

I don't see it happening.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 04:33 PM
I don't think we can trade Tebow to the CFL>?>??? Can we?? Thats most likely the place he would be starting again, if he ever starts another game...

Tebow will start for another NFL team and he will be successful....

I wish him well and I hope that Manning holds up enough to not make us regret this move a few years from now.

GEM
03-19-2012, 04:34 PM
I would take Mallett yesterday. Isn't going to happen though. Belichek is no Al Davis. :laugh:

ChairmanBron
03-19-2012, 04:35 PM

For what is best for Tebow's career, I think the Eagles are the best stop for him. Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweg knows how to develop quarterbacks for their system... They always got good production from their backups. But now it only makes sense that Philly should pursue Tebow. He has the same characteristics of Vick that it would be a no brainer to make this transaction because an injury to Vick will not require a major adjustment to play-calling or blocking schemes.

Eagles have 2 draft picks in the second round. They could easily make this trade by giving us one of them.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 04:38 PM
For what is best for Tebow's career, I think the Eagles are the best stop for him. Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweg knows how to develop quarterbacks for their system... They always got good production from their backups. But now it only makes sense that Philly should pursue Tebow. He has the same characteristics of Vick that it would be a no brainer to make this transaction because an injury to Vick will not require a major adjustment to play-calling or blocking schemes.

Eagles have 2 draft picks in the second round. They could easily make this trade by giving us one of them.

Makes sense, but not for a 2nd rounder..

ChairmanBron
03-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Makes sense, but not for a 2nd rounder..

OK, they have two fourth rounders..... Is that better?

MileHighCrew
03-19-2012, 04:44 PM
If not Miami, I am guessing Philly. Would be a good back up for Vick

HammeredOut
03-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Tebow will start for another NFL team and he will be successful....

I wish him well and I hope that Manning holds up enough to not make us regret this move a few years from now.

I cannot see any NFL team switching to an offense that runs, more then it passes, like the Broncos did last season. We know that the TebowCat offense is just a gimmick that was figured out at the end of the season, much like the wildcat in Miami. So, I say, no that he will be successful as an NFL starter. Which team do you think would turn into a TebowCat offense to accomidate for Tebow's style, other then the CFL. Tebow could be the face of the CFL but not the NFL. Tebow never had to put up more then 3 touchdowns in 95% of his wins.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 04:47 PM
I cannot see any NFL team switching to an offense that runs, more then it passes, like the Broncos did last season. We know that the TebowCat offense is just a gimmick that was figured out at the end of the season, much like the wildcat in Miami. So, I say, no that he will be successful as an NFL starter. Which team do you think would turn into a TebowCat offense to accomidate for Tebow's style, other then the CFL. Tebow could be the face of the CFL but not the NFL. Tebow never had to put up more then 3 touchdowns in 95% of his wins.

Dick LeBeau just called from Pittsburgh....He is inquiring about the blueprint to beat Tebow.

Nomad
03-19-2012, 04:48 PM
This guy is selling the Tebow to Philly.....

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/eagles/why-tim-tebow-would-interest-the-eagles

Slick
03-19-2012, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't trade a guy that has starting experience in the NFL, and has won games. Especially considering that Peyton is one bad hit/fall from being done for good. Doesn't seem like a smart move to me.

chazoe60
03-19-2012, 04:52 PM
I wish people wouldn't use this as yet another chance to bash Tebow. FFS, he helped give us the most entertaining season since the SB years IMO anyway, and he conducted himself as a Bronco with nothing but class and humility, why the **** do so many of you revel in anything that can be considered a failure by him?

Damn, some of you are an embarrassment to the fanbase.

HammeredOut
03-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Pittsburgh just called....They are inquiring about the blueprint to beat Tebow.

Colt McCoy did the same in his rookie season. No biggie .

Also, they wanted to know why Von Miller sacked them at the end of the game to send it into overtime..

ChairmanBron
03-19-2012, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't trade a guy that has starting experience in the NFL, and has won games. Especially considering that Peyton is one bad hit/fall from being done for good. Doesn't seem like a smart move to me.

That doesn't makes sense. Peyton has an entirely different skill set to Tebow's. You'd have to change the whole offense to get to get production out of Tebow. It's best to get a backup QB with similar skill set as Peyton.

weazel
03-19-2012, 04:56 PM

Tebow isnt really a CFL type QB, he wouldnt work in the CFL... not that it matters, he wouldnt go there.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 04:56 PM
I wish people wouldn't use this as yet another chance to bash Tebow. FFS, he helped give us the most entertaining season since the SB years IMO anyway, and he conducted himself as a Bronco with nothing but class and humility, why the **** do so many of you revel in anything that can be considered a failure by him?

Damn, some of you are an embarrassment to the fanbase.

I totally agree, Chaz. People are trying to use his ouster by one of, if not the, G.O.A.T as vindication of their hate filled deprecations. Him getting traded does not in any way prove that he sucks or can not be successful. And show some ******* class, even if you didn't want the guy as QB, FFS.

Some of you act like he's a wife-beating, DUI, rapist that should get run out of town regardless of his play, which was actually quite successful.

vandammage13
03-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Colt McCoy did the same in his rookie season. No biggie .

Also, they wanted to know why Von Miller sacked them at the end of the game to send it into overtime..

They were also wondering why it came down to that sack in the first place...

MileHighCrew
03-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Tebow isnt really a CFL type QB, he wouldnt work in the CFL... not that it matters, he wouldnt go there.

He could learn behind smilin' Hank in Hamilton for a few years. JK. I agree, not the right league for him

Slick
03-19-2012, 05:00 PM
That doesn't makes sense. Peyton has an entirely different skill set to Tebow's. You'd have to change the whole offense to get to get production out of Tebow. It's best to get a backup QB with similar skill set as Peyton.

I'd rather change my offense to suit Tebow than bring in another guy, pay him more money, spend yet another draft pick on him, only to find out he's actually worse than Tebow.

Also, nobody has a skill set similar to Peyton Manning, and that includes even the great Tom Brady. If Peyton goes down, we are completely effed. Look at the Colts. Nobody can run Peyton's system, except Peyton. He IS the offensive coordinator as well as the QB.

I just think we'd be smart to keep Tebow as an insurance policy.

claymore
03-19-2012, 05:01 PM
I totally agree, Chaz. People are trying to use his ouster by one of, if not the, G.O.A.T as vindication of their hate filled deprecations. Him getting traded does not in any way prove that he sucks or can not be successful. And show some ******* class, even if didn't want the guy as QB, FFS.

Some of you act like he's a wife-beating, DUI, rapist that should get run out of town regardless of his play, which was actually quite successful.

Where were you guys when Orton left?

claymore
03-19-2012, 05:03 PM
I'd rather change my offense to suit Tebow than bring in another guy, pay him more money, spend yet another draft pick on him, only to find out he's actually worse than Tebow.

Also, nobody has a skill set similar to Peyton Manning, and that includes even the great Tom Brady. If Peyton goes down, we are completely effed. Look at the Colts. Nobody can run Peyton's system, except Peyton. He IS the offensive coordinator as well as the QB.

If Tebows name wasnt Tebow he wouldnt be considered, and since it is, he wont be considered. His circus is to much to deal with, and simply put he isnt good enough to run whatever offense Manning is going to run.

People dont like hearing it, but he is a very bad QB. We need a mediocre QB to be the backup. Someone along the skillset of Kyle Orton.

Slick
03-19-2012, 05:09 PM
For the record, I'm happy as hell we got Manning. Thrilled to death.

I just don't think we should be hasty.

Slick
03-19-2012, 05:10 PM
If Tebows name wasnt Tebow he wouldnt be considered, and since it is, he wont be considered. His circus is to much to deal with, and simply put he isnt good enough to run whatever offense Manning is going to run.

People dont like hearing it, but he is a very bad QB. We need a mediocre QB to be the backup. Someone along the skillset of Kyle Orton.

I can't take your opinion of Tebow seriously, Clay, but I still love you.

claymore
03-19-2012, 05:12 PM
I can't take your opinion of Tebow seriously, Clay, but I still love you.

Thats ok Slick. I am 100% correct, and have been for awhile but I understand the attachement.

I love you too.

Lancane
03-19-2012, 05:16 PM

It's pretty much a sure bet we'll be drafting Manning's backup Slick, Tebow is an unknown and especially considering the offense we'll end up running which will likely be more of an Air-Coryell/Erhardt-Perkins hybrid. And according to the NFLN, Denver has (as reported this morning) been putting out trade feelers since the combine for Tebow.

They don't want the headache of Manning while going through the motions of knocking off the rust to have to deal with the fanatics that will be chanting 'Tebow, Tebow, Tebow', he's not worth keeping for that very fact...he'll be more of a distraction. It would be different if he was going to try his hand at being a Tight End, but he wants to be a quarterback.

ChairmanBron
03-19-2012, 05:21 PM

OK maybe nobody has the skill set as in Manning in operating an offense. But in terms of play-calling, blocking schemes, receiver routes and etc. Tebow is far from Mannings skill set. That is why I think he matches Vicks skills perfectly. He needs to go to Philly. I'm a Tebow fan. I just think it would be better for his career to go to Philly. He'll have a much better support for him there than here with the Broncos.

G_Money
03-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Tebow's biggest problem is that his fans won't be patient or allow him to sit behind anyone. Anybody adding Tebow can't do it as a backup or a package player while they work on his defensive reads or throwing skills.

Well...somebody with a great current QB could do it, but why would they need the headache? It would have to be a team expecting their QB to retire in a few years...like us...

But since he's started here (and Peyton's offense would be a challenge for anyone but especially a running QB with accuracy challenges) I don't think he can back up Manning.

Which puts his number of suitors as a small list. If I was the new Jacksonville owner looking for some publicity and butts in the seats, though, I'd add him right now. Swap Tebow for Gabbert straight up. They get 15,000 more people a game and some national TV appearances, we get a guy I'd love to see learn from Manning for a few years.

It makes sense for everybody. Except maybe the OC of the Jags.

~G

Slick
03-19-2012, 05:23 PM
It's pretty much a sure bet we'll be drafting Manning's backup Slick, Tebow is an unknown and especially considering the offense we'll end up running which will likely be more of an Air-Coryell/Erhardt-Perkins hybrid. And according to the NFLN, Denver has (as reported this morning) been putting out trade feelers since the combine for Tebow.

They don't want the headache of Manning while going through the motions of knocking off the rust to have to deal with the fanatics that will be chanting 'Tebow, Tebow, Tebow', he's not worth keeping for that very fact...he'll be more of a distraction. It would be different if he was going to try his hand at being a Tight End, but he wants to be a quarterback.

Tebow is no threat to unseat Manning. Period. So I don't buy that the fans chanting would be any distraction.

Two, we will be running Peyton Manning's offense. If his offense is a hybrid Coryell-/ E Perkins then I agree.

dogfish
03-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Tebow for 2nd that we can use on Osweiler.

i'm sure they probably WILL-- but i wish to hell they wouldn't. . . manning's a rep hog-- indy was never able to adequately develop anyone behind him. . . having made the decision to get manning, i'd rather go 100% for a super bowl now-- if you're paying 90 million bucks to go for the gusto, why half-ass it? screw spending our second to get somebody like osweiler or cousins to sit on the bench for three years. . . spend that pick on doug martin, who can help us contend right now, and sign a veteran backup. . . devoting all our high picks to building the current team will leave it stronger for the next QB anyway. . .

i'm more in favor of taking kellen moore or russell wilson late if they have to have a prospect this year. . . that, or see if we can acquire a former high pick with some remaining upside for a reasonable price, either through trade or FA. . . do it cheap, or let it wait. . .

wayninja
03-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Where were you guys when Orton left?

This sounds disturbingly like '2 wrongs make a right'.

rentaracer
03-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Obviously Bronco Mgmt won't spend the time required to afford Tebow the same opportunity
Elway had. Paying 95 million for 1 or 2 seasons to hopefully make it to the big game as
opposed to growing the team with potentially another great quarterback. Seems expensive!

Npba900
03-19-2012, 05:30 PM

Elway didn't have the confidence he could win with Tebow's inability to execute an NFL offense of Today.

Keep in mind had Manning not been released by the Colts and become the most sought after FA in NFL history, JE would have given Tim perhaps one more year to prove he's the long term QB, but would have drafted a QB who could have competed against Tebow for the starting job.

Either way, JE was not totally sold on Tebow long term.

Hardwired
03-19-2012, 05:30 PM
No one seems to be talking about this, but how happy must Andrew Weber be right now? He's got to be as good as Painter. :)

jhildebrand
03-19-2012, 05:31 PM
You mean Adam Weber? :confused:

dogfish
03-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Tebow's biggest problem is that his fans won't be patient or allow him to sit behind anyone. Anybody adding Tebow can't do it as a backup or a package player while they work on his defensive reads or throwing skills.

Well...somebody with a great current QB could do it, but why would they need the headache? It would have to be a team expecting their QB to retire in a few years...like us...

But since he's started here (and Peyton's offense would be a challenge for anyone but especially a running QB with accuracy challenges) I don't think he can back up Manning.

Which puts his number of suitors as a small list. If I was the new Jacksonville owner looking for some publicity and butts in the seats, though, I'd add him right now. Swap Tebow for Gabbert straight up. They get 15,000 more people a game and some national TV appearances, we get a guy I'd love to see learn from Manning for a few years.

It makes sense for everybody. Except maybe the OC of the Jags.

~G

plus, sticking mike mularkey with tebowmania would be a lovely little bit of payback for scorning our interview last year. . .

too good for denver, you cheap hack? hah! have fun running the option while we're lighting up scoreboards. . .

:heh:

wayninja
03-19-2012, 05:34 PM
No one seems to be talking about this, but how happy must Andrew Weber be right now? He's got to be as good as Painter. :)

Are you talking about the phantom of the opera guy?

Is he working on an NFL musical?

claymore
03-19-2012, 05:34 PM
This sounds disturbingly like '2 wrongs make a right'.

We havent treated any of our departing QB's nicely. I dont see why we would start right now. If ya'll wanna do a pinky promise. I will start with Tebow. But Griese, Plummer :harf: Cutler, and Orton :harf: didnt enjoy the well wishes... Maybe Plummer by a few.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Obviously Bronco Mgmt won't spend the time required to afford Tebow the same opportunity
Elway had. Paying 95 million for 1 or 2 seasons to hopefully make it to the big game as
opposed to growing the team with potentially another great quarterback. Seems expensive!

Point is how many other teams in the NFL would give Tebow the same amount of time to see if he's the long term solution? Unless theirs a miracle brewing out there in the NFL and Tebow makes dramatic improvements, Tebow is headed for a career as a back QB.

Chef Zambini
03-19-2012, 05:35 PM
today mark schlereth said he watched tebow LIVE all of last pre-season and genuinly had to ask, is he really left handed because the passes coming from his left arm were so woefully aweful and incompetent.
never mind what clay and others are saying, SCHLERETH said that if tebow wasnt tebowhe would have been cut before the end of camp.
tebow zealots can continue to ignore reality, thankfully the broncos no longer have to deal with it!
there are only 2 reasons why the broncos would even consider keeping tebow....
1. he will move to TE
2. he will move to FB
3. there is no 3.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 05:37 PM
We havent treated any of our departing QB's nicely. I dont see why we would start right now. If ya'll wanna do a pinky promise. I will start with Tebow. But Griese, Plummer :harf: Cutler, and Orton :harf: didnt enjoy the well wishes... Maybe Plummer by a few.

Maybe I'm biased, because I like the kid, but what possible reason could there be for treating him poorly? He played well, gave us a playoff win for the first time this decade, was impeccable to the press and off the field.

Seriously... I get that he hasn't convinced nearly everyone that he's the QBOTF, but having anything but respect for him simply puzzles me.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Dick LeBeau just called from Pittsburgh....He is inquiring about the blueprint to beat Tebow.

LeBeau will be calling the NE Patriots to figure that out.

claymore
03-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Maybe I'm biased, because I like the kid, but what possible reason could there be for treating him poorly? He played well, gave us a playoff win for the first time this decade, was impeccable to the press and off the field.

Seriously... I get that he hasn't convinced nearly everyone that he's the QBOTF, but having anything but respect for him simply puzzles me.

There is no reason to treat him poorly. Same with Orton, or Cutler, Plummer, or Griese. But we do. I would even say Tebow is getting over easy.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 05:45 PM

Elway respects Tebow and wouldn't even mind if one of his daughters dated married Tebow......but we are talking Peyton Manning after-all. Tebow just has bad luck and bad timing, its not his fault the NFL is truly a bottom line business.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 05:45 PM
There is no reason to treat him poorly. Same with Orton, or Cutler, Plummer, or Griese. But we do. I would even say Tebow is getting over easy.

Orton was losing games. By the fistful.

Plummer had authority and laziness issues.

Cutler was a huge pouter.

All of these guys had big flaws you could point and be disgusted by if you were the right type of person. The only thing I see in tebow that you could be disgusted at is some of his fans. But seems hardly fair to pin that on Tebow himself.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Elway respects Tebow and wouldn't even mind if one of his daughters dated married Tebow......but we are talking Peyton Manning after-all. Tebow just has bad luck and bad timing, its not his fault the NFL is truly a bottom line business.

I love Elway, he was my idol growing up. Having said that, I don't see in any way, shape, or form 'Respect' coming from Elway to Tebow. There hasn't been respect since John took the job.

Sorry, that's just how it looks to me. I don't know John personally, and could be wrong here. But John did almost nothing to publicly show respect to Tebow and seemed to disdain the mere idea that he should.

If the NFL truly is a bottom line business, the Tebow should have great value. The bottom line is that the kid is a winner. If he never takes another snap in an NFL game, he will have a winning record against very tough odds.

claymore
03-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Orton was losing games. By the fistful.

Plummer had authority and laziness issues.

Cutler was a huge pouter.

All of these guys had big flaws you could point and be disgusted by if you were the right type of person. The only thing I see in tebow that you could be disgusted at is some of his fans. But seems hardly fair to pin that on Tebow himself.

Its not my job to judge Tebow. Im sure he is a good dude, but I dont care about that. All I care about is the football side of it. I didnt like what I saw. I will lay off of you guys, I know it hurts.

GEM
03-19-2012, 05:53 PM

He killed their kittens apparently. I can't find a single thing he's done while here that would bring out hate. He did the best with the talent that he has. He got us further than most of the QB's that those same people idolize. He is an all around good guy that put a team on his shoulders and no matter how much they want to act like he didn't, he helped this team be better.

GEM
03-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Its not my job to judge Tebow. Im sure he is a good dude, but I dont care about that. All I care about is the football side of it. I didnt like what I saw. I will lay off of you guys, I know it hurts.

If all you cared about was the football side of it, you wouldn't consistently bring up Plummer and his bird and his sexual advances on women. :shrugs:

Still love ya, Clay!

turftoad
03-19-2012, 06:06 PM

I like the kid and respect him a ton. He's a great role model. He played hard and was somewhat exciting to watch. I wish him the best.

However, I did not see the potential for the makings of a QBOTF. Sorry.

oldteacher
03-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Wrong Wrong Wrong

Hardwired
03-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Are you talking about the phantom of the opera guy?

Is he working on an NFL musical?

Exactly! Our 3rd-string QB is so anonymous he's doing off-Broadway on the side and suddenly he's Manning's backup!

claymore
03-19-2012, 06:11 PM
If all you cared about was the football side of it, you wouldn't consistently bring up Plummer and his bird and his sexual advances on women. :shrugs:

Still love ya, Clay!

That was mostly for Jacwiz. When he would call Cutler a head case and say what a great guy Plummer was. Beating up women, road rage car kick ins, flipping off fans... THats more of a head case to me.

I will leave it at that cause I dont want to reinjure old wounds..

claymore
03-19-2012, 06:13 PM
He killed their kittens apparently. I can't find a single thing he's done while here that would bring out hate. He did the best with the talent that he has. He got us further than most of the QB's that those same people idolize. He is an all around good guy that put a team on his shoulders and no matter how much they want to act like he didn't, he helped this team be better.I just thought he was a bad QB. :shrugs:

BORDERLINE
03-19-2012, 06:50 PM
He did the best with the talent that he has. He got us further than most of the QB's that those same people idolize. He is an all around good guy that put a team on his shoulders and no matter how much they want to act like he didn't, he helped this team be better.

And with that we can close the chapter of this Tim Tebow

wayninja
03-19-2012, 07:28 PM
I 'aint closing shit with any bronco until they are no longer in our uniform.

nflfan
03-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Bull. The Pats have had guys like Troy Brown who go from WR to return man and DB to stay with team. Edelman. Etc... Matt Jones had plenty of good production from the WR spot for the lowly Jags.

Again, the idea the team played Tebow to appease the fans is just as laughable as the idea they are getting rid of him to rid themselves of the cult like following he has. The team is doing what they want, and always has, without any regard for the fans.

Money will be an issue after the Manning contract is up. The only question will be is if it was worth it i.e. the team won a SB or not.

No, the situation with Tebow is different from the cases you've mentioned.

Though Tebow has skills that can make him versatile, he has made it abundantly clear that he wants to play QB, not TE nor FB. Even when Tebow played QB, it was the whole Broncos offense who had to make adjustments to his style of play, and not the other way around. In order for the situation to be profitable for the Broncos, it should be Tebow who becomes the monkey wrench.

On the next point, it is not about appeasing fans, but it is about removing distractions. The nature by which overzealous Tebow fans try to get their point across is something no NFL franchise would look forward to. It's unfair to Tebow, but the negative PR whirlwind he's reaping was sown by those crazy fans.

Medford Bronco
03-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Daniel Fells a Patriot
Brandon Lloyd a Patriot
Josh McDaniels a Patriot again
potentially, Tim Tebow becoming a Patriot

The Patriots are turning into Denver Broncos East!

So does that Mean that Josh will eventually want to trade Tom Brady (if he actually did luck out and become coach when BB retires) and screw up their franchise like he did here?

Medford Bronco
03-19-2012, 07:33 PM
No, the situation with Tebow is different from the cases you've mentioned.

Though Tebow has skills that can make him versatile, he has made it abundantly clear that he wants to play QB, not TE nor FB. Even when Tebow played QB, it was the whole Broncos offense who had to make adjustments to his style of play, and not the other way around. In order for the situation to be profitable for the Broncos, it should be Tebow who becomes the monkey wrench.

On the next point, it is not about appeasing fans, but it is about removing distractions. The nature by which overzealous Tebow fans try to get their point across is something no NFL franchise would look forward to. It's unfair to Tebow, but the negative PR whirlwind he's reaping was sown by those crazy fans.

No more 1975 Oklahoma and Nebraska offense in mile high. I am so happy that we actually get to see some HOF Qbing for the first time since the Super Bowl in 1999.

Good luck to Tebow. I just hope he learns how to throw the basic NFL passes. In the long run he will not last as a QB throwing for 47% and running around when his first read is not there. It wont work
and he will get hur.

Tebow is a great human being. Class all the way. I just think as a QB he is at best a backup or fill in player.

I hope he can go to Jax. Trade him for Gabbart (sp). Future QB for Denver and Jax can fill the seats. Win win for both.

BroncoFan4Ever
03-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Peyton is older and will only be playing for two or three more seasons!! If the team would have given Tim a chance he would have gotten us to the super bowl!! Now Peyton will most likely get us to the super bowl maybe even this season!! I think them coaches are so stupid and most likely have a few screws loose or something!!!!!! So heck with Peyton manning!!! Who agrees with me!! And no offense to Peyton!!! I like Tim Tebow BETTER!!!!!!!

turftoad
03-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Peyton is older and will only be playing for two or three more seasons!! If the team would have given Tim a chance he would have gotten us to the super bowl!! Now Peyton will most likely get us to the super bowl maybe even this season!! I think them coaches are so stupid and most likely have a few screws loose or something!!!!!! So heck with Peyton manning!!! Who agrees with me!! And no offense to Peyton!!! I like Tim Tebow BETTER!!!!!!!

And your user name is "BroncoFan4Ever" ??

dogfish
03-19-2012, 09:29 PM

alright, who let tebow's mom on the board?

Npba900
03-19-2012, 09:44 PM

So how many years should Tebow have been given?

arapaho2
03-19-2012, 09:46 PM
what i dont get is the notion we have to trade him....or we will have a qb circus with tebow fans and manning fans

i dont see it.....we had a conflict with tebow.....BECAUSE ORTON SUCKED!!!....we was 3-10 with orton as the starter while tebow sat on the bench...after showing alot in preseason....then after being basically named the starter in this past preseason and trying to trade orton, tebow was relegated to 3rd or 4th string in camp...then we had to watch orton basicaly flounder and we went 1-4 again with tebow sitting on the bench.....PEOPLE OF COURSE THERE WAS A CRY FOR TEBOW, OF COURSE SOME PEOPLE WANTED TO WIN, OF COURSE SOME WOULD RATHER WATCH A EXCITEING YOUNG INEXPIRIENCED TEBOW LOSE, THAN A VET LIKE ORTON AND THE SLOW ROAD TO NOWHERE.... why would we have that with manning?????? are most of us that stupid...is that the opinion...i called for tebow, i demanded tebow start....but in the race between manning and tebow i would gladly tell tim to sit down for a 2-3 yrs

only a fool would be crying for tebow over manning at this point

ShooterJM
03-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Only if Tebow gets traded :)

When's a good time to arrange delivery? :D

catfish
03-21-2012, 12:19 PM
what i dont get is the notion we have to trade him....or we will have a qb circus with tebow fans and manning fans

i dont see it.....we had a conflict with tebow.....BECAUSE ORTON SUCKED!!!....we was 3-10 with orton as the starter while tebow sat on the bench...after showing alot in preseason....then after being basically named the starter in this past preseason and trying to trade orton, tebow was relegated to 3rd or 4th string in camp...then we had to watch orton basicaly flounder and we went 1-4 again with tebow sitting on the bench.....PEOPLE OF COURSE THERE WAS A CRY FOR TEBOW, OF COURSE SOME PEOPLE WANTED TO WIN, OF COURSE SOME WOULD RATHER WATCH A EXCITEING YOUNG INEXPIRIENCED TEBOW LOSE, THAN A VET LIKE ORTON AND THE SLOW ROAD TO NOWHERE.... why would we have that with manning?????? are most of us that stupid...is that the opinion...i called for tebow, i demanded tebow start....but in the race between manning and tebow i would gladly tell tim to sit down for a 2-3 yrs

only a fool would be crying for tebow over manning at this point

Spilt milk now, but the only reason I am here is because of Tebow and I would feel the same way. Manning over Tebow 100% no questions asked

frauschieze
03-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Spilt milk now, but the only reason I am here is because of Tebow and I would feel the same way. Manning over Tebow 100% no questions asked

Are you leaving us now?

catfish
03-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Are you leaving us now?

don't plan to, I enjoy talking football, and the Peyton thing has me curious

turftoad
03-21-2012, 12:25 PM

Do you want help finding a Jets message board?

catfish
03-21-2012, 12:27 PM

nah I am getting pretty good at surfing the internets...there has to be a forum hiiden among all the porn sites somewhere

frauschieze
03-21-2012, 12:28 PM

Hey now!

He's the catfish to our dogfish, and the only Teboi that didn't induce homicidal rages, since he could intelligently discuss other aspects of football and the Denver team. I'd like it if he stuck around.

But we can help the rest of them out the door. :hi:

MileHighCrew
03-21-2012, 12:29 PM
http://forums.jetnation.com/forum/5-new-york-jets-message-board/

for all your Tebow news

dogfish
03-21-2012, 05:25 PM

:tsk:

chazoe60
03-21-2012, 05:59 PM
I just thought he was a bad QB. :shrugs:

Is that why you wished he would walk into the ocean and disapear forever?

Seems like a pretty harsh punishment for being a bad QB. :shrugs:

claymore
03-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Is that why you wished he would walk into the ocean and disapear forever?

Seems like a pretty harsh punishment for being a bad QB. :shrugs:

Losing Tebow to the ocean is a small price to cleanse the gene pool of all his fantics.