PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Fells signed by New England

dogfish
03-19-2012, 07:41 AM
The Patriots may have been strong at tight end last year, but not strong enough. They just got a little stronger.

This weekend, the team reached an agreement with Broncos starting TE Daniel Fells, I’m told by a source. An under-the-radar player, Fells will add to a position group that also features Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. He agreed to a three-year deal.

A 6-foot-4, 252-pounder, Fells had 19 catches for 256 yards for the Broncos in 2011. A sound blocker, good locker-room guy, and able pass-catcher, Fells visited New England before the 2010 season, so it’s not the first time the Pat shave been interested.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2012/03/19/patriots-reach-an-agreement-with-ex-broncos-starting-te-daniel-fells/

the good news; if we play them, the TE position can't ever assrape us more thoroughly than it did this year, and there shouldn't be many spare balls to go to fells. . .

the bad news; the TEs we have under contract are a pair of redshirt sophomores with no meaningful NFL action or blocking experience. . . no worries there, though-- dante rossario is a player even we can afford. . .

fells, like royal, is no loss if we replace him with a better player. . . but the odds of doing so in FA decrease every day, and it's tough to justify a high draft pick at TE when you have all the more pressing holes we do ATM. . . it's discouraging. . . we've reached the point in free agency that even the lethargic dinosaurs (dis-inclined to much FA spending due to both the strength of their rosters, and lack of cap space) are starting to stir from their slumber and snap up bargains to improve their depth. . .

meanwhile, we continue to sit on our hands with a gigantic chunk of cap space, four or more spots up for grabs in our starting lineup, and not one position on the entire chart filled with quality depth. . .

meh. . . it's a waste of everyone's time even complaining about it. . . sorry. . .

chazoe60
03-19-2012, 08:02 AM
Yeah, why not let our best TE sign with the team that crushed us in the playoffs. It's not like we're gonna make the playoffs next season anyway.

BTW anyone who doesn't know that Fells was our best TE didn't pay attention.

Lancane
03-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Is this Denver's version of Chernobyl? I mean WTF!!!

frauschieze
03-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Relax guys. We'll sign Manning and Tebow will play TE. Everything is under control. :baghead:

Jsteve01
03-19-2012, 08:51 AM
for the love of Pete this is starting to get ridiculous. I've never been a sky is falling type of guy but we've let our best TE walk ( guy who was integral to the success of the run game last year). We're on the verge of losing the best 4-3 NT in the league vs the run last year and we've managed to piss off our incumbent starter without successfully signing his replacement. There aren't many names left out there John. Pull your head out of Peyton's ass and realize you still have a ton of holes to fill.

Buff
03-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Matthew Berry ‏ @MatthewBerryTMR

As many have suggested before me, I'll be shocked if Dallas Clark is anywhere BUT Denver come opening day.

pnbronco
03-19-2012, 10:02 PM
This is the only thing that made me sad today. Daniel is such a great guy and I will miss him.

chazoe60
03-19-2012, 10:04 PM
This is the only thing that made me sad today. Daniel is such a great guy and I will miss him.

He's a seriously underrated football player also. It's no surprise NE signed him, is there a better eye for "diamond in the rough" type talent than BB?

pnbronco
03-19-2012, 10:10 PM
He's a seriously underrated football player also. It's no surprise NE signed him, is there a better eye for "diamond in the rough" type talent than BB?

Thanks Chaz I'm glad you and Dog could see what a quality player he is. He is just the nicest person and made me feel special instead of a crazy old lady. When I broke my toe he was really concern and kept asking if I was going to be OK. Then he hugged me a couple of times and told me to take care of myself and that he would pray for my trip to CA to be good and safe. I will miss that sweet man....

Dapper Dan
03-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Hopefully the 2 draft picks we spent on TEs will work. Dallas Clark and Jacob Tamme would be 2 good pick ups, IMO.

MileHighGuy
03-19-2012, 10:59 PM
visanthe shiancoe