3 hours, 21 minutes.

Baseball is here.

Thank god.

MOtorboat
04-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Dave Winfield is one massive dude.

OrangeHoof
04-05-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm glad that at least Opening Day is on American soil this year. I was so sick of watching an important American tradition being held before unconcerned Mexicans or Japanese just to appease Bud's thirst for PR stunts.

Tulo Rocks!

MOtorboat
04-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Play ball!

KCL
04-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Looks like the Royals first game is already being delayed in Chicago.

MOtorboat
04-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Looks like the Royals first game is already being delayed in Chicago.

Yup, Tuesday, hopefully...

Tned
04-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Mets tomorrow afternoon, but I'll be working. :(

BroncoBJ
04-07-2009, 04:38 PM
God I ******* Hate Farnsworthless. He always finds a way to make me hate him every year.
I have Gil Meche on my Fantasy team and he blew it for him. I lost out on 10 points because of him. :fight:

:lol: ... He has to be my most hated baseball player ever.

MOtorboat
04-07-2009, 06:29 PM
God I ******* Hate Farnsworthless. He always finds a way to make me hate him every year.
I have Gil Meche on my Fantasy team and he blew it for him. I lost out on 10 points because of him. :fight:

:lol: ... He has to be my most hated baseball player ever.

They should have put in Cruz...:tsk:

But the Royals went meagerly in the ninth, either way...with the big boppers up, too...and I use "big boppers," as a very loose term when referring to Royals sluggers.

KCL
04-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Royals finally beat the Yankees today!

Nomad
04-17-2009, 07:00 AM
GO Yankees!:clap2: Keep up the great play!:lol: You gotta love it....Yankees open the new stadium with an ass-whoppin:laugh:!

Nomad
04-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Sounds like the Yankees are enjoying their new stadium!:lol: Indians 22 Yankees 4. Indians had two touchdown score in the second inning! :laugh: Sorry, Yankee fans but this is great!!

Rex
04-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Something is wrong with Wong.

I love 22-4. LOL.

BeefStew25
04-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Something is wrong with Wong.

I love 22-4. LOL.

I guess the wind blows straight out at the new park.

Rex
04-19-2009, 11:43 AM
I guess the wind blows straight out at the new park.

It is a launching pad

MOtorboat
05-10-2009, 06:05 PM
LMAO...Aubrey Huff making fun of Joba Chamberlain...

BroncoBJ
05-10-2009, 06:55 PM
LMAO...Aubrey Huff making fun of Joba Chamberlain...

Yea, Just another bush league player :lol:
And in the end the Yankees got the last laugh today. :elefant:

Any other player shows emotion and gets fired up like Joba does after a big out is just showing emotion. Joba does it and its big news :lol:

Jobas lone mistake of the day. :elefant:

:lol: @ Huff. ******* idiot.

MOtorboat
05-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Yea, Just another bush league player :lol:
And in the end the Yankees got the last laugh today. :elefant:

Any other player shows emotion and gets fired up like Joba does after a big out is just showing emotion. Joba does it and its big news :lol:

Jobas lone mistake of the day. :elefant:

:lol: @ Huff. ******* idiot.

Joba Chamberlain.

Loser.

You.

Bandwagon.

BroncoBJ
05-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Joba Chamberlain.

Loser.

You.

Bandwagon.

:lol: :lol:

How am I a bandwagon?
Care to elabarate?

:lol:

Ive probably been to more Yankee games in my life then you've been to Royal games. :lol:

MOtorboat
05-10-2009, 07:45 PM
:lol: :lol:

How am I a bandwagon?
Care to elabarate?

:lol:

Ive probably been to more Yankee games in my life then you've been to Royal games. :lol:

I go to 10-15 games a year, so you can suck it. Unless you go to New York at least 5 times a year, you're full of it.

Hmmm...bandwagon...rooting for winning teams...seems appropriate, aren't you a North Carolina fan too?

BroncoBJ
05-10-2009, 07:51 PM
I go to 10-15 games a year, so you can suck it. Unless you go to New York at least 5 times a year, you're full of it.

I spend a month or so each summer in Connecticut. And usually I go to a homestand or 2 when I'm there not to mention road games.

This year I won't be able to hit up the new stadium but I'm still going to see 10 Yankee games.

3 in Minnesota and 7 in California. :salute:

If I was a bandwagoner.. I probably wouldn't even watch them. Not to mention that I watch all 162 games a year anyways. Whether were up 20 or down 20. I plan my summer around baseball. :lol:
Kinda sad I guess but its how I am.

Plus, If I was a bandwagoner, Don't you think I'd pick a team with a winning record this year and a team with a Cy Young candidate. Like the Royals ;)

My family has been Yankee fans forever. My dad has been going to Yankee games since the 60's.

So :lol: @ you calling me a bandwagoner.

And :lol: I'm not a UNC Fan. I mainly root for Denver teams Except for the Yankees. I'd have to say that football and baseball are my true loves.

MOtorboat
05-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Yup, you are a true fan, let us know who else you root for...:lol:

BroncoBJ
05-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Yup, you are a true fan, let us know who else you root for...:lol:

Broncos, Nuggets, Avs, Yankees. Not sure how thats being a bandwagon fan.

You like Mainly Denver teams but then you like the Royals.
Its just like me liking Denver teams but liking the Yankees.

A bandwagon fan is someone who always hops on the winning team. I've been a fan of these teams forever. No matter what our record is. I don't change teams.

So I'm not sure how I'm a bandwagon fan.

BroncoAV06
05-10-2009, 09:06 PM
A nice tipping story:

The notion that Alex Rodriguez has tipped pitches to opposing players in return for their tipping pitches to him -- one of the more bizarre allegations in the new biography of the Yankees third baseman -- has generally shocked players and executives throughout baseball. It shocked Jim Price, too. But Price, a Detroit Tigers television broadcaster, at least spoke from experience. Price was the Tigers' catcher on Sept. 19, 1968, when he and pitcher Denny McLain conspired to give Mickey Mantle a going-away gift. A few weeks from retirement and tied with Jimmie Foxx with 534 career home runs, Mantle came to the plate in the eighth inning with the Tigers comfortably ahead, 6-1. Detroit had already clinched the American League pennant -- this was before leagues were split into two divisions, let alone three -- and McLain had already won his 30th game. Price, a second-year reserve who was playing to give Bill Freehan a rest, walked out to the mound to give the 9,063 fans in Tiger Stadium one last chance to pay their respects. "When I got there, Denny said, 'Hey, big guy, should I let him hit one' " Price recalled Thursday night in a telephone interview. "I said it was a great idea. Mickey was always nice to me.

So I went back behind the plate and Mickey, like he always did, was tapping the plate with his bat when I said, 'Want us to groove one for you' " Mantle apparently didn't believe Price, but when he saw McLain nodding on the mound, he understood what was going on. "High and tight, mediocre cheese," Price said Mantle responded. McLain served up a few that were apparently not gift-wrapped quite as neatly as the Mick preferred. But then came exactly what Mantle was looking for, and he hit a rocket into the upper deck in right field, the next-to-last home run of his career. "McLain was clapping as Mickey was rounding the bases," Price said. "And when he crossed home plate, Mickey thanked me. The next batter was Joe Pepitone, and he said, 'Give me one, too.' And I go, 'No way, you're not Mickey Mantle.' "

New York Times

Nomad
05-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Watching ESPN highlights and Philly's OF Werth stole 2nd, 3rd, home in the same inning last night. You don't see that everyday especially stealing home, talk about a pitcher not paying attention and a base runner with some big balls. Also not bad for a guy who is 6-5 @ 225lbs!!

honz
05-25-2009, 09:25 PM
The Rays just lost a game in the bottom of the 9th 11-10 by giving up 9 runs in the last 2 innings...including 7 in the 9th. :tsk:

Italianmobstr7
05-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Broncos, Nuggets, Avs, Yankees. Not sure how thats being a bandwagon fan.

You like Mainly Denver teams but then you like the Royals.
Its just like me liking Denver teams but liking the Yankees.

A bandwagon fan is someone who always hops on the winning team. I've been a fan of these teams forever. No matter what our record is. I don't change teams.

So I'm not sure how I'm a bandwagon fan.

I've got your back there. I'm a fan of teams from all over too. I always have been though. I'm not a bandwagon fan either. I've been to games of every team that I like.

NFL: Denver
MLB: Yankees
College Football: Penn State
College BBall: Syracuse
NBA: Denver
NHL: Avalanche

So I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I don't consider someone liking teams from all over bandwagon fans. Every team that I'm a fan of, I've been a fan of my entire life. A lot of it has to do with it being the same teams my dad rooted for and games he took me to.

I'm going to the Yankees-Rangers game down in Texas on Wednesday! I can't wait! Yankees have been hot lately. Hopefully they can keep it going.

Benetto
05-25-2009, 11:01 PM
JC4MVP there isn't a bigger bandwagoner than you I have ever met on the Internet forums...Calling people bandwagoners coming from you is a complete joke.

MOtorboat
05-25-2009, 11:10 PM
JC4MVP there isn't a bigger bandwagoner than you I have ever met on the Internet forums...Calling people bandwagoners coming from you is a complete joke.

Go Yankees!

BroncoBJ
05-26-2009, 12:41 AM

:lol: ROFL.

Elaborate please?

BroncoBJ
05-26-2009, 12:47 AM
I've got your back there. I'm a fan of teams from all over too. I always have been though. I'm not a bandwagon fan either. I've been to games of every team that I like.

So I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I don't consider someone liking teams from all over bandwagon fans. Every team that I'm a fan of, I've been a fan of my entire life. A lot of it has to do with it being the same teams my dad rooted for and games he took me to.

I'm going to the Yankees-Rangers game down in Texas on Wednesday! I can't wait! Yankees have been hot lately. Hopefully they can keep it going.

Yea, I LMAO when people online say I'm a bandwagon fan. Funny shit.
I've been to numerous games for every team that I like.

Its funny how MB is a Royals fan, yet he likes all Denver teams. Does that make him a bandwagon fan? :confused:
I'm a Yankees fan and like all other Denver teams and I'm a bandwagon fan so I guess he must be also.

Hell, I've been to games behind home plate for 280 bucks before. I've been to many games at Yankee stadium, My dad has been to many games at Yankee stadium... my whole family has been to many games at Yankee stadium...
Then I got in to other sports when I lived in Wyoming. The Rockies wern't around when I was born And I've been a Yankees fan longer then the Rockies have been around. :lol:

I guess I shoudl just STOP being a Yankees fan and root for the Rockies.
That'd make me less of a bandwagon fan. ROFL.

Hell, I even have baby pictures of me in Yankees gear. .. But people who know me, Know that I'm not a bandwagon fan. :rockon:

drewloc
05-27-2009, 11:48 AM

I definitely here ya on that one IM7. I have lived in many places, and my teams vary. My list goes something like this.

MLB: Cardinals
College Football: Notre Dame
College BBall: Mizzou
NBA: Nuggets

I lived in Denver for 17 years, so a few of my teams are definitely homer picks. I was a Cardinals fan before there were the Rocks, and I can't stray from that. Same with Mizzou, I have a couple cousins that graduated from there, so it is someone I rooted for in College B-Ball. Notre Dame was my dream school when I was growing up, and if it didn't cost so damn much for tuition, I would have gone there. It's not even close to bandwagon status on any of them.

Italianmobstr7
05-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Yankees-Rangers game was awesome! Had great seats. 4 rows from the field on the 3rd base side. Yanks hit 4 home runs (Tex 1, Cano 1, Matsui 2) A.J. Burnett pitched 6 shutout innings. Then Veras came in and gave up a 2 run homer to Kinsler. Yanks brought in Wang for 8th and 9th. He struck out 2 and allowed 0 hits. Awesome game to go to if you're a Yankees fan. I loved it. It was totally worth the 5 hour drive from Tulsa!

MOtorboat
06-01-2009, 08:21 AM
8-1, 1.10 ERA, 88 Ks, 12 BBs...

Can anyone tell me who's numbers those are?

drewloc
06-01-2009, 09:35 AM
8-1, 1.10 ERA, 88 Ks, 12 BBs...

Can anyone tell me who's numbers those are?

Isn't that the Greinke kid for the Royals, he is playing amazing this year! :salute:

MOtorboat
06-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Isn't that the Greinke kid for the Royals, he is playing amazing this year! :salute:

Yesterday wasn't his best performance, but he's still sitting at 1.10. Fun to watch. Right now, that's all the Royals have going for them, and then the bullpen still gave up the damn game.

Bob Gibson's 1968, 1.12 ERA is the best modern-day season ERA. I don't expect Zack to get anywhere near that, but that's the modern-day record.

Tim Keefe in 1880 had a 0.86 ERA, Dutch Leonard had a 0.96 ERA and Mordecai Brown had a 1.04 in 1906.

Past 1920, the next lowest ERA was Dwight Gooden's 1.52 in 1985.

MOtorboat
06-01-2009, 09:57 AM
For some reason, Greinke has gotten away from his changeup, and he's trying to strike people out with the hard slider (which is working, but it wasn't working as well Sunday), and then in the end of the fifth, he started mixing in the change, then he sent down seven straight Sox, and struck out two between the end of the fifth through the seventh. But by then, his pitch count was too high to let him continue and the bullpen blew it from there.

BroncoBJ
06-01-2009, 01:34 PM
I wanted to get Greinke on my fantasy team. Instead I got Meche. :mad:
Though everyones stats look horrible to Greinke's this year. Its funny how like 10,000 more people go to the games when he pitches just to watch him pitch. :elefant:

MOtorboat
06-01-2009, 01:56 PM
I wanted to get Greinke on my fantasy team. Instead I got Meche. :mad:
Though everyones stats look horrible to Greinke's this year. Its funny how like 10,000 more people go to the games when he pitches just to watch him pitch. :elefant:

10? Try 20. :elefant:

I think they sold out his last two weekend starts at the K.

BroncoBJ
06-01-2009, 02:26 PM
10? Try 20. :elefant:

I think they sold out his last two weekend starts at the K.

Well, I knew it was 10 or 20 or something like that. I knew it was a lot of people. :elefant: They sold that many tickets on the day of every game he starts.

Its cool that he overcame his disorder and is a leading candidate for Cy Young. :rockon:

MOtorboat
06-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Well, I knew it was 10 or 20 or something like that. I knew it was a lot of people. :elefant: They sold that many tickets on the day of every game he starts.

Its cool that he overcame his disorder and is a leading candidate for Cy Young. :rockon:

He's an interesting cat. You should hear his interviews...they are funny at times. They force reporters to ask smart questions...kind of funny, really.

CoachChaz
06-01-2009, 03:34 PM
He's a great story, but eventually he's going to need help from his team and wont get it. Pretty sad for him, but I'll stick with Halladay for my CY candidate from the AL