PDA

View Full Version : Look where we are now... Chicago clearly won the trade

MileHighGuy
03-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Our team has turned to crap. We didn't hang on to anyone from that trade... Orton, not even LLyod.

Their team is stacked. Cutty, Brandon Marshall, some might even say Knox... all players that should have been Broncos

SmilinAssasSin27
03-18-2012, 09:20 PM
trolls LUV to troll

gatorpower
03-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Nothing is ever linear like that. You can argue that the Bears have also pissed away more talent than most. Their defense was in beast mode for a couple years and they somehow managed to ruin it.

MileHighGuy
03-18-2012, 09:23 PM
trolls LUV to troll

I'm a lifelong Bronco fan. Probably been watching since before you were born.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-18-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm a lifelong Bronco fan. Probably been watching since before you were born.

glad to hear it. 7 prior posts...all negative bile.

MileHighGuy
03-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Not everything is positive roses and marshmellows and rainbows in the National Football League. When I see bad management, I call it out.

Timmy!
03-18-2012, 09:36 PM
So...ya.....hey tned, can we please get a minimum post count before you can start a thread? Tia.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 09:41 PM
B-marsh is a bit specious in this argument, he wasn't part of 'the trade' and where are you getting knox from?

But yeah, they got a QB who can't finish a season and we got one that we don't want finishing a season. I'd say it's down to splitting hairs.

Nomad
03-18-2012, 09:52 PM
claymore will hi 5 this thread

SmilinAssasSin27
03-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Not everything is positive roses and marshmellows and rainbows in the National Football League. When I see bad management, I call it out.

but is it necessary to start a bunch of new threads basically stating the same thing?

sneakers
03-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Which cat is the OP?

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/198/779/funny-gifs-cat-trolling.gif

Dapper Dan
03-18-2012, 10:22 PM
Cool story bro. So how'd Chicago do in the playoffs?

MileHighGuy
03-19-2012, 12:18 AM
but is it necessary to start a bunch of new threads basically stating the same thing?

Epic fail right there. I only made two threads, on different topics.

MileHighGuy
03-19-2012, 12:19 AM
Cool story bro. So how'd Chicago do in the playoffs?

Ummm, last time I checked they made it to the championship game two years ago. And this past year, they got a lot of freak injuries (Cutty, Forte, Knox, etc.) So no wonder they missed the playoffs

TimBuff10
03-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Ummm, last time I checked they made it to the championship game two years ago. And this past year, they got a lot of freak injuries (Cutty, Forte, Knox, etc.) So no wonder they missed the playoffs

We had a freak coach so no wonder we aren't doing so well.

DenBronx
03-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Is this even a debate?

Chicago won the trade the moment we traded with them.

We have been knee deep in horse shit looking for a QB ever since....

Case closed.

Dapper Dan
03-19-2012, 01:56 AM

So they won the trade because they made it to the NFC Championship two years ago and because last year they could stay healthy. That's not enought to convince me. Everybody has injuries.

MileHighGuy
03-19-2012, 03:43 AM
So they won the trade because they made it to the NFC Championship two years ago and because last year they could stay healthy. That's not enought to convince me. Everybody has injuries.

Umm... last time I checked most teams don't usually have their starting QB + stud RB go down within a few games. Epic fail again right here. :elefant:

Lancane
03-19-2012, 05:57 AM

No matter if you like Tebow or not, liked Cutler or not...anyone with a level of even basic rational sense knows that Chicago got the better of that trade DB, there is not even a question. The players we've gotten from that trade have not even looked worthy of their draft status thus far and until they do it will remain that we were the recipients on the short end of the stick.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-19-2012, 06:31 AM
Epic fail right there. I only made two threads, on different topics.

2 threads off of your first 7 posts...with more to come i'm sure...

CoachChaz
03-19-2012, 07:49 AM
I've said it before...if Calvin Johnson doesnt get screwed out of a TD in the first game of the 2010 season and if the Giants punter punts away from D. Jackson...the Bears dont make the playoffs. If the Saints dont lay an egg against the 7-9 Seahawks...the Bears dont play in the NFCCG. So lets please quit pretending Cutler had everything to do with getting them there. They had as much divine help as Denver did this year

claymore
03-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Just salt in the wound at this point. Hopefully it all happened for a reason and The Duke finds our real Huckleberry.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Umm... last time I checked most teams don't usually have their starting QB + stud RB go down within a few games. Epic fail again right here. :elefant:

You know, it sorta loses it's 'epic-ness' when you say it in every other post...

Chef Zambini
03-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Not everything is positive roses and marshmellows and rainbows in the National Football League. When I see bad management, I call it out.these are all ramafacations of the JMCD era. We need to let it go.
JMCD desimated this franchise, I thought it would take 5 years to recover from his demolishion.
So far, I think JE has us ahead of schedule.
Some are feeling like manning has been our moby dick, chasing aftewr the big white whale has kept us from do dilligence in other areas of need.
and some would say being saddled with tebow as our starting QB will just piss away another year and keep any quality FA from considering denver as a landing spot.
By the end of this week, we should have a better idea of what the reality is.

Ravage!!!
03-19-2012, 11:54 AM
I've said it before...if Calvin Johnson doesnt get screwed out of a TD in the first game of the 2010 season and if the Giants punter punts away from D. Jackson...the Bears dont make the playoffs. If the Saints dont lay an egg against the 7-9 Seahawks...the Bears dont play in the NFCCG. So lets please quit pretending Cutler had everything to do with getting them there. They had as much divine help as Denver did this year

You can say those "ifs" about ANY team, at ANY time, EVERY year. If- If- and-If this didn't happen, something else would have. No crap. If the dog didn't stop to take a shit, he would have won the race.

BroncoStud
03-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Go back to the day we drafted Jay Cutler, the minute we drafted Jay Cutler. Did you POSSIBLY think that Jake Plummer would be a professional handball player turning down MILLIONS to play football for Tampa, or that Cutler and Marshall would be Bears, or that Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow would be Denver Broncos? Holy crap what a crazy 6 years it has been.

SR
03-19-2012, 12:06 PM

Every NFL team is accused of bad management at one point. McDaniels ****** the team up for a couple of years, but it's being righted now. Quit the doom and gloom...Peyton Manning is a Bronco.

Npba900
03-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Our team has turned to crap. We didn't hang on to anyone from that trade... Orton, not even LLyod.

Their team is stacked. Cutty, Brandon Marshall, some might even say Knox... all players that should have been Broncos

Well Elway was quoted last year saying "You NEVER trade" a franchise QB of Jay Cutlers ability. Had JE been the GM in 2009 he would not have approved with the trading of Jay Cutler.

CoachChaz
03-19-2012, 01:44 PM
You can say those "ifs" about ANY team, at ANY time, EVERY year. If- If- and-If this didn't happen, something else would have. No crap. If the dog didn't stop to take a shit, he would have won the race.

It's no different than saying Denver made the playoffs with the help of other teams choking and quite a bit of luck. Sure it happens...but it doesnt diminish the fact that the path to the end result was made easier by factors that Cutler had nothing to do with.

Cugel
03-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Look Guys, here's Reality 101:

1. Obviously the Cutler trade fiasco was a disaster of epic proportions. In every possible way. Unnecessary. Bad management. Horrible indication of what the future had in store with McMoron, etc., etc., etc.

So, yes, Chicago got the better of that trade. That was evident 2 years ago. :coffee:

2. We are now in the Manning era so it's time to move on! :beer: