Healthy. All pro. Under contract. Yes?

Tom Nalen
03-18-2012, 06:48 PM
he hasn't played in 2 years....

BORDERLINE
03-18-2012, 06:50 PM
he hasn't played in 2 years....

Manning has not played in How Long???

That just means they are gonna be FRESH for the up-coming season!!!!!!!!!!

Dzone
03-18-2012, 06:52 PM
I forgot what his recent injury was. Was it a knee?

LTC Pain
03-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Manning has not played in How Long???

That just means they are gonna be FRESH for the up-coming season!!!!!!!!!!

And rusty!

SR
03-18-2012, 07:57 PM
I forgot what his recent injury was. Was it a knee?

I honestly don't remember but he's been 100% for months now. Sucks that Bunkley will most likely walk, but if we have a healthy Warren and an improved Marcus Thomas, I don't see the big deal.

LTC Pain
03-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Torn tricep. In late February it was reported Warren was near 100% recovered.

BroncoStud
03-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Who knows... Maybe Bunkley doesn't like Denver and just wants out... We never know the specifics. Maybe he is asking for a lot more money than they want to give him... I trust that Elway and Fox know what they need it a DT.

SR
03-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Torn tricep. In late February it was reported Warren was near 100% recovered.

I thought it was more like late December but either way he's good to go for next season.

pipes
03-18-2012, 08:19 PM
All-pro?!

dogfish
03-18-2012, 08:39 PM
I honestly don't remember but he's been 100% for months now. Sucks that Bunkley will most likely walk, but if we have a healthy Warren and an improved Marcus Thomas, I don't see the big deal.

and if warren breaks again, we've got mitch unrein. . . no biggie. . .

marcus thomas isn't under contract here, though. . .

sneakers
03-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Old balls

G_Money
03-18-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm stoked to see One-armed Warren and Jeremy Jarmon at DT this year. Unstoppable.

~G

HORSEPOWER 56
03-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Don't forget Kevin Vickerson... Lost all that weight (~60 lbs) then got hurt and went on IR. Vickerson, Warren, and McBean (who we put the RFA tender on), and Unrein are the DTs we currently have under contract. We also have Jeremy Jarmon (who was so awesome, he didn't make the final roster last year - got beat out by Unrein) and someone named Sealver Siliga signed to futures contracts.

I'm sorry, but I actually felt better going into the season with Bannan and Jamal Williams than I do our current crop. I was really hoping we'd use some of that cap space to re-sign Bunkley, maybe pursue Jason Jones, and then draft a DT early... Oh well, so much for trying to win football games. We all know it's all about Manning now and we're going to wait with baited breath while all the FAs who could actually help this team are signed by other teams until Peyton commits to someone else. Then we'll have all this cap space and nobody to spend it on so we'll overpay scrubs to come in and flesh out our roster for TC (many probably won't make it through camp).

I just hope all the guys we drafted last year make real improvement this year and become the guys we need them to be because if Nate Irving, Julius Thomas, Rahim Moore, and Quentin Carter haven't taken that next step, we're ******. All of those postions are ones of huge need. I just don't think Mike Adams and Joe Mays are the answer.

slim
03-19-2012, 10:04 AM
and if warren breaks again, we've got mitch unrein. . . no biggie. . .

marcus thomas isn't under contract here, though. . .

And even if Thomas was under contract, how is he going to magically improve? :noidea:

dogfish
03-19-2012, 06:08 PM
ty warren. . .

is an idea candidate, along with andre goodman, to be released to free up more cap space to go get better players while there are still some left in FA. . .

come on FO, let's DO this thing!

SpringsBroncoFan
03-19-2012, 06:20 PM
ty warren. . .

is an idea candidate, along with andre goodman, to be released to free up more cap space to go get better players while there are still some left in FA. . .

come on FO, let's DO this thing!

You mean like Broderick Bunkley??? :salute:

Latest news is that the Saints may have to choose between Bunk & Lofton... they are still talking to both of them...

DenBronx
03-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Someone should stamp the back of his jersey with FRAGILE

Dzone
03-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Someone should stamp the back of his jersey with FRAGILE
LOL...yep, either that or just rename him MORENO, same difference

BigDaddyBronco
03-26-2012, 09:51 AM
LOL...yep, either that or just rename him MORENO, same difference

No, Ty Warren was actually good in the past....

Nomad
03-26-2012, 09:53 AM

We need him to live up to it in the next few years. Hopefully the BRONCOS get a young stud to play next to him.

BigDaddyBronco
03-26-2012, 09:59 AM
We need him to live up to it in the next few years. Hopefully the BRONCOS get a young stud to play next to him.

I have given up hope that the Broncos ever draft a decent DT.

Nomad
03-26-2012, 10:05 AM
I have given up hope that the Broncos ever draft a decent DT.

If any year that I have a little faith, it would be with Fox/Del Rio to find one.

Elevation inc
03-26-2012, 10:11 AM
well its clear warren will enter camp as our starting NT(he could be lethal if healthy), and Vickerson our starting UT(he is not a bad DT if he gained his weight back which rumor is he is back to 305), If we resign Thomas we have our 3 rotational DT's, Mcbean offers occasional pass rush. That being said we have ignored DT for far to long and in such a deep draft class through rd 2 I will be pissed if we dont add at least 1 in rd 1-2 and 2 Dt's total for competition this draft.

I would def throw a 4th the lions way for Sammie lee hill to.

Cugel
03-26-2012, 10:54 AM

Yup! And I was a really hot guy. . . back in the 80's! Not as much now though. :laugh:

And Warren hasn't played a full season since 4 years ago. He was hurt one year, and then he was out the next and released by the Patriots. Then he came here and was hurt again and out for another season. At some point you just have to hang it up.

I have no idea if Warren can come back. But, after they lost Bunkley, he just suddenly became the best DT on the roster by a wide margin.

So, either Warren DOES come back and is the player they hope. . . . or they can just get a couple of blocking sleds to occupy the middle of the field and try and slow down opposing offenses that way! Those things would be better than hoping that Vickerson and Unrein or McBean can stop anybody! :coffee:

Cugel
03-26-2012, 11:13 AM
well its clear warren will enter camp as our starting NT(he could be lethal if healthy), and Vickerson our starting UT(he is not a bad DT if he gained his weight back which rumor is he is back to 305), If we resign Thomas we have our 3 rotational DT's, Mcbean offers occasional pass rush. That being said we have ignored DT for far to long and in such a deep draft class through rd 2 I will be pissed if we dont add at least 1 in rd 1-2 and 2 Dt's total for competition this draft.

I would def throw a 4th the lions way for Sammie lee hill to.

We've been talking about the crying need for Denver to draft an elite DT for as long as I can remember, at least 10 years.

And they've NEVER done it. In that time they signed as FA's:

Amon Gordon
Antwon Burton
Anthony Kennedy
Sam Adams
Nic Clemons
Kenny Peterson
DeWayne Robertson
Ron Fields
Jamal Williams
Justin Bannan
Le Kevin Smith
Ryan McBean

ALL of them were either totally useless scrubs, draft busts cut by other teams, or worthless has-beens trying desperately to hang on in the NFL after they were cut by their original teams when their bodies broke down and they couldn't play anymore.

In short the Denver DT position became the home of hopeless cripples and marginal backup players looking for a roster. And it's looking as though NOTHING has changed. :coffee:

I have no idea why the rest of the NFL gets that DT is an important position and that your defense can't be any good unless you have good DTs, but the Broncos never get a clue!

As President Kennedy said: "10% never get the word." Unfortunately the Broncos are the NFL's 10%. Season after season of failure and yet they never learn!

Jsteve01
03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
We've been talking about the crying need for Denver to draft an elite DT for as long as I can remember, at least 10 years.

Amon Gordon
Antwon Burton
Anthony Kennedy
Sam Adams
Nic Clemons
Kenny Peterson
DeWayne Robertson
Ron Fields
Jamal Williams
Justin Bannan
Le Kevin Smith
Ryan McBean

ALL of them were either totally useless scrubs, draft busts cut by other teams, or worthless has-beens trying desperately to hang on in the NFL after they were cut by their original teams when their bodies broke down and they couldn't play anymore.

In short the Denver DT position became the home of hopeless cripples and marginal backup players looking for a roster. And it's looking as though NOTHING has changed. :coffee:

I have no idea why the rest of the NFL gets that DT is an important position and that your defense can't be any good unless you have good DTs, but the Broncos never get a clue!

As President Kennedy said: "10% never get the word." Unfortunately the Broncos are the NFL's 10%. Season after season of failure and yet they never learn!

Our one great hope is that JDR is now the DC and he's always been a fan of the position. I doubt he's ok heading into camp with the lack of talent on this line

Cugel
03-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Our one great hope is that JDR is now the DC and he's always been a fan of the position. I doubt he's ok heading into camp with the lack of talent on this line

No doubt. But I have no idea what the plan is. They've whiffed on FA so far. FA is a game of musical chairs. When the music starts you better find a chair quickly and sit down in it before all the chairs are gone. I saw an article saying that Marcus Thomas is actually the BEST FA DT left on the market!

And let's face it. With Thomas you're overpaying for mediocre talent at best.

That's what happens when you have to sign FA DT because you never draft any with a high draft pick. You either have to overpay for usually mediocre talent or else try and survive another season with garbage DTs.

Last year they did with Bunkley what they tried before (always unsuccessfully) with Gerrard Warren, Sam Adams, DeWayne Robertson, Ron Fields and now Ty Warren -- take someone else's cast off, reject who was let go for financial reasons, because they were a draft bust, or else slowed by injuries.

And it never, ever worked. But, last year Bunkley actually proved he can play. Of course they immediately let him go. God forbid they would have anyone actually GOOD on their DL instead of the usual cripples and rejects! :tsk:

Cugel
03-27-2012, 05:54 PM

I would def throw a 4th the lions way for Sammie lee hill too.

I haven't heard anything about Marcus Thomas in over a week. Last word was the Broncos having lost Bunkley were looking to re-sign him, but that was a long time ago and no word. You have to wonder whether he's even considering Denver at this point.

On the other hand he hasn't been reported as signing with any other team either, so who knows what's up with Thomas?

SR
03-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Shaun Rogers is still a FA

dogfish
03-27-2012, 07:01 PM

sam adams is still alive. . . :laugh:

Cugel
03-27-2012, 07:02 PM

Shaun Rogers is entering his 12th season if he's still going to play. He only started 5 games the last 2 seasons for the Bengals and Saints and he had 14 tackles each of the last 2 years.

Shaun Rogers is all washed up. Pass. :coffee:

DenBronx
03-27-2012, 07:06 PM

Amon Gordon
Antwon Burton
Anthony Kennedy
Sam Adams
Nic Clemons
Kenny Peterson
DeWayne Robertson
Ron Fields
Jamal Williams
Justin Bannan
Le Kevin Smith
Ryan McBean

That list makes me sick. What a joke to ignore the DT position for so long. And everyone wonders why RBs have a field day when they play us. We make every RB look like they are heading to Canton.

Cugel
03-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Honestly, it looks like they are counting on Ty Warren coming back and being a great DT again. I'm highly skeptical that will happen though:

"He's a tremendous young man (http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/ty_warren_impressing_broncos_behind_the_scenes_des pite_injury/8754637), and it's unfortunate but he had a triceps injury that was repaired medically," Fox said. "He's in our building every day working hard, and his weight looks good. He's working out really hard to rehab, and we're impressed and looking forward to getting him back on the field next season."

I don't know what the word "impressed" means. It may not mean anything other than "we're impressed with his work ethic in coming in and working out every day." Well, that's nice but so what? Is the guy going to be any good?

"We look forward to seeing" isn't exactly reassuring. They better come up with a plan B in case Warren isn't any good or re-injures something like he has the last 3 years. He played 13 games in 2009, and none since. :coffee: