PDA

View Full Version : Who's the backup QB in Denver?

Magnificent Seven
03-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Every team in the AFC West will likely have a new backup quarterback in 2012.

With the San Diego Chargers and Kansas City Chiefs making their moves the past two days, the focus is now on the Denver Broncos and the Oakland Raiders.

Friday night, the Chargers signed former No. 3 quarterback Charlie Whitehurst (the Chargers traded him to the Seattle Seahawks two years ago) and cut quarterback Billy Volek. Whitehurst will backup starter Philip Rivers. Saturday, Denver free agent Brady Quinn signed with Kansas City where he will back up Matt Cassel.

With Quinn gone, the Broncos will have a new backup regardless if Peyton Manning or Tim Tebow is the starter.

Oakland is expected to move on from Kyle Boller, who had a connection with former head coach Hue Jackson. Matt Leinart is a likely target. He played for new offensive coordinator Greg Knapp in Houston and Leinart is close with Oakland starter Carson Palmer. Leinart was a backup to Palmer early in his career at USC.

Denver’s search for a backup quarterback will be more difficult to peg. In addition to Volek, Vince Young and David Garrard are also options.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/41538/whats-the-backup-plan-in-denver-and-oakland

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 06:39 PM
My guess is we don't even have a starter. I can't shake the feeling that whether or not we sign Manning EFX is going to use the situation to get "out from under" Tebow.

It's not what I want to happen just what I think is going to happen.

BORDERLINE
03-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Adam Weber??? Remember He was more QB ready than TEBOW in TC. And has all the skill set necessary to get the Broncos to WIN the AFC West Championship and a playoff WIN!!!!

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 05:45 PM
:elefant:

Adam Weber!

claymore
03-19-2012, 05:46 PM
:elefant:

Adam Weber!

He's the backup going into camp. I hope he's here a long long time.

CrazyHorse
03-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Tim Tebow for now.

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 05:48 PM
He's the backup going into camp. I hope he's here a long long time.

Uh-oh, you just lied to Adam Weber. Weber-ites mount up.

claymore
03-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Uh-oh, you just lied to Adam Weber. Weber-ites mount up.

Shit, Im gonna catch hell for this. :(

SmilinAssasSin27
03-19-2012, 06:19 PM
weber...and draft osweiler

RebelRocker
03-19-2012, 06:33 PM
weber...and draft osweiler

This ^^