PDA

View Full Version : Klis: Broncos' funny farm at quarterback surely not amusing to Tim Tebow

Denver Native (Carol)
03-18-2012, 12:55 PM
This town has sent its share of quarterbacks to the funny farm.

Jake Plummer wrote a $5 million pretax check just so he could retire.

Jay Cutler forced a trade to dreary, frigid, wind-swept Chicago and the defensive-oriented Bears.

Kyle Orton thought Kansas City, for cripes sake, was better than living beneath the interminable sunshine of Tebowmania.

And now Tim Tebow, one of the most outwardly competitive athletes to rumble across the hash marks, bunkers silently as his team attempts to take his job away and give it to Peyton Manning.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_20199533/broncos-funny-farm-at-quarterback-surely-not-amusing

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 12:59 PM
We've been chasing the ghost of John Elway since he retired.

The damn Colts get to go right from Manning to Luck with one year of suck. Must be karma.

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 01:00 PM
The Packers go from Favre to Rodgers. We beat GB in SBXXXII. Karma does not like John Elway.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Well then possibly, it might be what the Broncos' FO is doing wrong.

Dzone
03-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Miami since Marino has been worse

wayninja
03-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Tebow will eat shit and like it. At least that seems to be the strategy.

Our FO hasn't changed with Elway or Fox. Same old shit.

Dzone
03-18-2012, 02:05 PM
The only time I didnt like Tebow was when he said his dream since he was a little boy was snatched away when Orton didnt go to Miami. Hope Tebow doesnt go all Cutler this time around...lol

Denver Native (Carol)
03-18-2012, 02:14 PM
The only time I didnt like Tebow was when he said his dream since he was a little boy was snatched away when Orton didnt go to Miami. Hope Tebow doesnt go all Cutler this time around...lol

Where did you hear that Tebow said that? I have never heard him say a negative thing in regards to anyone.

Nomad
03-18-2012, 02:17 PM

Here's something juicy......and I believe every word:lol:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104212

Dzone
03-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Where did you hear that Tebow said that? I have never heard him say a negative thing in regards to anyone.
He allegedly said it last summer Carol. To Woody Paige. Then he back tracked and said he was misquoted by Paige

Dzone
03-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Sounds like Teebs is going to go all Jay Cutler on us. Who can blame him?
:pound:

MOtorboat
03-18-2012, 02:26 PM

The Brandon Weeden era is beginning.

Nomad
03-18-2012, 02:30 PM

I'm heading to Costco to stock up on popcorn.....interesting/entertaining times acoming!

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 02:36 PM

At least it'll be a short era. I guess it's fitting, the Broncos are only allowed to keep one starting QB for three years at a time. By Weeden's third year he'll be ready to retire.

Northman
03-18-2012, 02:40 PM
We've been chasing the ghost of John Elway since he retired.

The damn Colts get to go right from Manning to Luck with one year of suck. Must be karma.

Too bad they dont have McDaniels to screw it all up.

Found this tidbit interesting from that article.

And if the Broncos don't get Manning, and they decide against Hasselbeck and Smith, do they then set their sights on Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden in the draft? Weeden — more than Ryan Tannehill, Kirk Cousins and Brock Osweiler — will be ready to play on Day One.

Nomad
03-18-2012, 02:40 PM
At least it'll be a short era. I guess it's fitting, the Broncos are only allowed to keep one starting QB for three years at a time. By Weeden's third year he'll be ready to retire.

Funny!

wayninja
03-18-2012, 02:41 PM

He said it and and the dumping of orton and his performance vindicated it.

RebelRocker
03-18-2012, 02:45 PM

IF Tebow is dealt, then I think we're looking at Weeden or possibly Osweiler as our QB. From all reports, Weeden looks like EFX's prized possession for Qb's, but Osweiler has yet to work out. If he impresses EFX more after he throws for them, then things will get interesting. Not against us taking Weeden, but I prefer the youth and upside that Osweiler brings.

Northman
03-18-2012, 02:45 PM

Works for me if that is what he wants to do. Denver will just draft the guy they do want then which is probably why they are looking at guys like Brock and Weeden.

RebelRocker
03-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Funny!

And that's why I'd rather have Osweiler.:salute:

Nomad
03-18-2012, 02:46 PM
IF Tebow is dealt, then I think we're looking at Weeden or possibly Osweiler as our QB. From all reports, Weeden looks like EFX's prized possession for Qb's, but Osweiler has yet to work out. If he impresses EFX more after he throws for them, then things will get interesting. Not against us taking Weeden, but I prefer the youth and upside that Osweiler brings.

BRONCOS are gonna move up in the draft to get Weeden.....:lol:

Northman
03-18-2012, 02:48 PM
BRONCOS are gonna move up in the draft to get Weeden.....:lol:

Nah, they wont need too. Weeden's age creates a problem for him. Most of the teams who are looking at QB's are going to want guys who are younger. I think if push comes to shove Denver will make a move for Brock more than Weeden.

Nomad
03-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Works for me if that is what he wants to do. Denver will just draft the guy they do want then which is probably why they are looking at guys like Brock and Weeden.

I'm all for giving Tebow more time, but I agree if he feels he doesn't want to be here then thanks for the entertaining season last year. Is Taco John about as reliable as Brandon Spano:D

wayninja
03-18-2012, 02:50 PM
It'll be nice to finally get some stability at the position.

Nomad
03-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Nah, they wont need too. Weeden's age creates a problem for him. Most of the teams who are looking at QB's are going to want guys who are younger. I think if push comes to shove Denver will make a move for Brock more than Weeden.

Just kidding around, north....trying to get things riled up! BRONCOS would be morons to move up.

RebelRocker
03-18-2012, 02:52 PM

I hope so. Not only will we probably be able to get Osweiler later in the 2nd/3rd, but we can also need more picks. In that sense, trading back a tad may make sense.

Northman
03-18-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm all for giving Tebow more time, but I agree if he feels he doesn't want to be here then thanks for the entertaining season last year. Is Taco John about as reliable as Brandon Spano:D

Indeed.

This isnt a Cutler senario where they are trying to trade him but if he is getting hurt feelings over it than he needs to do what he feels is right or is in his best interest. All i can say is good luck to him. I dont think he will improve but will still root for him as a person. He's an easy guy to like.

Nomad
03-18-2012, 02:53 PM
I would be shocked if Tebow asks for a trade when Manning announces he going to the Titans tomorrow.

Northman
03-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Just kidding around, north....trying to get things riled up! BRONCOS would be morons to move up.

Troublemaker.... :D

Dzone
03-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Didnt Elway recently say that he hopes Tebow is our guy for a long time? :pound:

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Why not just trade our first for Matt Moore. That'd be the same as spending it on Weeden except Moore has NFL experience and doesn't have a history of arm problems, as far as I know anyway. Oh yeah, and he's two years younger.

Northman
03-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Didnt Elway recently say that he hopes Tebow is our guy for a long time? :pound:

Wont be Elway's fault if Tim asks to be traded. They werent trying to trade him, just give him more time to learn sitting which is understandable with the work he needs.

MOtorboat
03-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Funny!

Joking aside...he could, if he's good, have a 10 year career...

My worries, were of course, the comparisons to Weinke. I asked Andrew Mason that a while ago on twitter, and Mason thought Weeden was far superior to Weinke, as a prospect.

Northman
03-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Why not just trade our first for Matt Moore. That'd be the same as spending it on Weeden except Moore has NFL experience and doesn't have a history of arm problems, as far as I know anyway. Oh yeah, and he's two years younger.

Why trade for a first if you can get Weeden in the 3rd or 4th?

Dzone
03-18-2012, 02:58 PM
If Tebow demands a trade, its deja vu all over again. Fox and Elway will get booed out of town if we lose out on Manning and then lose Tebow in the process. Hope it doesnt happen, but if it does, people are going to be royally pissed

Northman
03-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Joking aside...he could, if he's good, have a 10 year career...

My worries, were of course, the comparisons to Weinke. I asked Andrew Mason that a while ago on twitter, and Mason thought Weeden was far superior to Weinke, as a prospect.

I agree with Mason. Weeden is far better than Weinke and i never understood the hype about Weinke to begin with. FSU always gets far more talent on that team than OSU does.

Nomad
03-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Didn't Weinke get drafted by Fox?

Northman
03-18-2012, 03:07 PM
If Tebow demands a trade, its deja vu all over again. Fox and Elway will get booed out of town if we lose out on Manning and then lose Tebow in the process. Hope it doesnt happen, but if it does, people are going to be royally pissed

Nah, not for me anyway. With Cutler i understood the anger. With Tebow, i totally understand why Elway and company would be hesitant. Elway may get boo'd by the fanboi's but he is already getting boo'd so i dont think it will matter much. Totally different senario's between Cutler and Tebow.

tomjonesrocks
03-18-2012, 03:11 PM

Will they? I was ROYALLY pissed when Cutler was traded. McDaniels was a ********** and the whole thing made NO sense. I canceled my NFL Ticket subscription for the next year and didn't watch any games until about 9 games through the year when the team was collapsing. I'm still pissed to be honest--vowed never to buy a current player jersey again and have only strengthened my opinion on that since. You ****** up, Bowlen.

I like Tebow, and hope he does stay, but I won't be the least bit pissed if he asks for a trade and is traded. Pursuing one of the GOAT makes a LOT of sense. There was a reason why we were fielding multiple offers and first round picks for Cutler. We'll be lucky to get a 4th for Tebow. If Tebow asks for a trade he is an idiot--he'll be a backup anywhere he goes and probably won't have the fan support he has in Denver.

Go ahead and ask for that trade Tim...

RebelRocker
03-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Nah, not for me anyway. With Cutler i understood the anger. With Tebow, i totally understand why Elway and company would be hesitant. Elway may get boo'd by the fanboi's but he is already getting boo'd so i dont think it will matter much. Totally different senario's between Cutler and Tebow.

The difference between Cutler and Tebow is that Tebow's fanboi's were NEVER a part of this fanbase until draft day 2010, but they claim they've been a fan since "the Floyd Little days". Can't wait to get rid of those nut sucking leaches from our fanbase.

And in other news, here's another connection between EFX and Osweiler.

from Jack Elway's twitter
@BrockOsweiler heard great things from my dad, way to go brotha!

catfish
03-18-2012, 05:10 PM
weeden sidelinescoting.com

Positives -- Has a good arm, is not elite, but strong enough to make all the throws he'll need... Put up huge numbers at Oklahoma State, throwing for over 4,000 yards in each of the past two seasons in the Big 12... Completed over 72 percent of his passes as a senior... Great size, looks like an NFL

quarterback... Good intangibles, is a leader on and off the field, teammates react well to him... Although not a threat to run, is good at moving in the pocket and avoiding pressure... Throws a nice deep ball, gets good trajectory on his throws and is accurate down the field... Does a good job with pre-snap reads, will make adjustments at the line and put his team into the correct play... Keeps his eyes downfield and will step into pressure to deliver throws... Despite his age he was the best quarterback at the Senior Bowl and if one team really likes him and thinks he can contribute immediately then he could go higher than anybody expects.

Negatives -- Misses some easy throws, often sails the ball over receiver's heads but is the beneficiary of having a very good set of receivers who will bail him out at times... Has a little bit of an elongated throwing motion, needs some coaching... Trusts his arm too much, will make throws that he shouldn't, tries to fit the ball into tight windows and is prone to some bad interceptions... Footwork breaks down at times, throws off balance too often... Turnover prone... 28-years-old, spent five years playing Minor League Baseball as a pitcher, will turn 29 as a rookie... There are currently 15 NFL starters who are younger than Weeden... Not much of an athlete, is not a threat to take off and run with the football... Oklahoma State quarterbacks have not panned out in the NFL in recent years... Stats may be inflated a bit due to the spread system that Oklahoma State plays... Is not asked to go through a natural progression, may be a bit of the product of the system... Locks onto receivers, most of his routes are timing routes and he'll stare down his target rather than baiting corners with his eyes.

Read more: http://sidelinescouting.com/rankings/2012/qb/brandon-weeden/#ixzz1pVbjuR7a

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 05:19 PM
So Weeden is an unathletic 29 year old rookie with a history of arm problems?

nevcraw
03-18-2012, 05:37 PM

don't you mean Chris Weinke 2.0? That should be fun..

wayninja
03-18-2012, 05:40 PM
So Weeden is an unathletic 29 year old rookie with a history of arm problems?

At least if we don't get manning, there's a lot of surefire upgrades out there.

Maybe we can convince Cyler Miles from skipping going to college and play for us? Timmy could sit behind him and learn.

MOtorboat
03-18-2012, 05:44 PM
At least if we don't get manning, there's a lot of surefire upgrades out there.

Maybe we can convince Cyler Miles from skipping going to college and play for us? Timmy could sit behind him and learn.

Yeah, I mean it's REALLY hard to upgrade Akili Smith-like production...

weazel
03-18-2012, 05:46 PM

fingers crossed!!!! too bad no other team wants him... oh well.
If timmy is honestly pissed because Denver went after possibly the best QB ever, he's a bigger bi**h than I could ever imagined.

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Comparing Tebow to Akili Smith is disengenuous. I now dub you Clay Jr. when discussing Tebow.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 05:48 PM

I'm a little slow, mo, so forgive me, but how is a guy with a 3-19 career record an upgrade, exactly?

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Akili Smith career 5 tds 13 Ints 371 rushing yards and 1 TD.

Comparing that to Tebow is flat out dishonest, bias, and ridiculous.

MOtorboat
03-18-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm a little slow, mo, so forgive me, but how is a guy with a 3-19 career record an upgrade, exactly?

Trust me, it's not hard to replace 46 percent completion percentage, bad mechanics and hindering an offense to a one-dimensional scheme.

I don't expect the team to continue to win the way it did last year.

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Comparing Tebow to Akili Smith is every bit as hypebolic as the Florida fans comparing him to Elway.

2 wrongs don't make a right MO.

MOtorboat
03-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Akili Smith career 5 tds 13 Ints 371 rushing yards and 1 TD.

Comparing that to Tebow is flat out dishonest, bias, and ridiculous.

Actually, it's not. You've chosen to highlight the aspects outside of pure quarterbacking to highlight. I've chosen to look at him as a pure passer, which is REQUIRED in the NFL for long term success, and I've made a statement. If Tebow cannot become a top tier passer, he will not succeed in the long term as a quarterback.

He won't. It's been proven, over and over and over and over for 40 years.

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Akili Smith 5 tds 13 ints 371 rushing yards 1 td
Tim Tebow 17 tds 9 ints 887 rushing yards 12 tds.

No comparison whatsoever.

Nomad
03-18-2012, 06:03 PM
If timmy is honestly pissed because Denver went after possibly the best QB ever, he's a bigger bi**h than I could ever imagined.

Don't read too much into it! Tebow won't do what the thread starter said....he'll take the high road. I just wanted to see reactions here.

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 06:03 PM
I hope whoever we replace Tebow with can complete 60% of his passes even if he throws more picks than TDs and fails to win games at least the stat hounds will be happy.

I ******* jerk off to completion%

catfish
03-18-2012, 06:14 PM
I hope whoever we replace Tebow with can complete 60% of his passes even if he throws more picks than TDs and fails to win games at least the stat hounds will be happy.

I ******* jerk off to completion%

I think they should just throw it behind the line of scrimmage every time, tebow completed 75% of those

wayninja
03-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Trust me, it's not hard to replace 46 percent completion percentage, bad mechanics and hindering an offense to a one-dimensional scheme.

I don't expect the team to continue to win the way it did last year.

But what if we care about wins more than we care about individual stats?

Did you expect us to win the way we did this year?

wayninja
03-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Akili Smith 5 tds 13 ints 371 rushing yards 1 td
Tim Tebow 17 tds 9 ints 887 rushing yards 12 tds.

No comparison whatsoever.

That's not fair, Chazoe, Tebow has half a dozen fewer games.

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 06:20 PM
But what if we care about wins more than we care about individual stats?

Did you expect us to win the way we did this year?
But with a better pocket passer we would have won even more games. Don't pay attention to the 1-4 start behind the curtain.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 06:23 PM
But with a better pocket passer we would have won even more games. Don't pay attention to the 1-4 start behind the curtain.

But my my disdain for Tebow is in conflict with the results. Is there some better way other than picking out a few stats to bitch about to address the dissonance?

Tom Nalen
03-18-2012, 06:25 PM

Dude you are sort of taking Tebow for granted...If it was any other QB in the league, they would have requested a trade a LONG time ago...

wayninja
03-18-2012, 06:30 PM
Dude you are sort of taking Tebow for granted...If it was any other QB in the league, they would have requested a trade a LONG time ago...

This is what I find most irritating about the situation. So many people harp on specific stats that they simply have no respect for him whatsoever and since they have no respect for him, they feel he should be totally cool with being walked on.

I just don't get it.

TT15Superman
03-18-2012, 06:34 PM
:pound:I guess any QB who takes their team to the playoffs and wins a playoff game feels slighted when PM comes a calling.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20202530/qb-alex-smith-negotiating-dolphins-throw-manning-waiting

Good luck SF and Denver (if PM decides on Tennessee).

broken12
03-18-2012, 06:40 PM
:pound:I guess any QB who takes their team to the playoffs and wins a playoff game feels slighted when PM comes a calling.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20202530/qb-alex-smith-negotiating-dolphins-throw-manning-waiting

Good luck SF and Denver (if PM decides on Tennessee).
We could pick up hasselback or locker....immediate upgrade over temow....

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 06:45 PM

Hasselback at this point is comparable to Orton because of his age. When he was younger Hasselback was a much better player than Orton has ever or will ever be but now they're about the same. When we replaced Orton with Tebow did we make a downgrade?

Locker? I'm not sure. Didn't watch him ay last year, but I do remember his senior year in college was a disaster. He played on a shitty team though.

Hasselback is not an immediate upgrade at all though, 5 years ago yeah, not now.

Tom Nalen
03-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Hasselback at this point is comparable to Orton because of his age. When he was younger Hasselback was a much better player than Orton has ever or will ever be but now they're about the same. When we replaced Orton with Tebow did we make a downgrade?

Locker? I'm not sure. Didn't watch him ay last year, but I do remember his senior year in college was a disaster. He played on a shitty team though.

Hasselback is not an immediate upgrade at all though, 5 years ago yeah, not now.

Locker is pretty much Jake Plummer with a stronger arm...which come to think of it..wont be that bad haha

broken12
03-18-2012, 07:11 PM

Threw for 3500 yards and 20 some tds over 50% passing and 14 or ints.....not worried bout the ints.....but if tebow had those kind of numberz i would be happy but he doesnt so hasselback at qb is an upgrade maybe not at rb though,

catfish
03-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Threw for 3500 yards and 20 some tds over 50% passing and 14 or ints.....not worried bout the ints.....but if tebow had those kind of numberz i would be happy but he doesnt so hasselback at qb is an upgrade maybe not at rb though,

had 247 additional attempts, .5 yds greater YAC/completion, lower TD/attempt%, higher INT/attempt%, 3.75% less dropped passes...but he did complete more passes so there is that. An interception is estimated to lower your chance to win by 20%, so they are kind of important. As an example IMO one of the only reasons Cam put up great passing yd, but still lost so many games was the multiple int/game problem

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 07:24 PM

Orton had good numbers like that too. I guess we downgraded when we benched him.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Orton had good numbers like that too. I guess we downgraded when we benched him.

We did. It was part of our strategy, it just backfired.

weazel
03-18-2012, 08:13 PM

well you wont have to worry about the Broncos staff after tebow gets traded and you follow him to his new team. I mean, why would you want to cheer for a team that you think has a front office that hopes its players fail? Have fun cheering for the new team bud!

wayninja
03-18-2012, 08:34 PM
well you wont have to worry about the Broncos staff after tebow gets traded and you follow him to his new team. I mean, why would you want to cheer for a team that you think has a front office that hopes its players fail? Have fun cheering for the new team bud!

You don't know what the **** you are talking about. I didn't follow tebow before he was a bronco and I won't follow him after. WTF are you to claim that you know shit about me?

MOtorboat
03-18-2012, 08:36 PM
You don't know what the **** you are talking about. I didn't follow tebow before he was a bronco and I won't follow him after. WTF are you to claim that you know shit about me?

Sucks when people put words in your mouth, eh?

wayninja
03-18-2012, 08:37 PM

Not sure what you mean, he didn't put words in my mouth, just assumed he knew me. Is there no difference in your mind? I guess that would explain your butthurt.

weazel
03-18-2012, 08:38 PM

you believe Elway wanted tim to fail, why would you cheer for a team that wants their players to fail? Seems odd to me.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 08:40 PM
you believe Elway wanted tim to fail, why would you cheer for a team that wants their players to fail? Seems odd to me

Ok... but what does that have to do with following tebow?

Yes, I believe Elway wanted him to fail. No, I'm not particularly proud of it nor do I like it. Find a point, please.

Elway wanting his players to fail is what seems odd to me, but I can't find a more reasonable conclusion.

weazel
03-18-2012, 08:41 PM

Yes, I believe Elway wanted him to fail. No, I'm not particularly proud of it nor do I like it. Find a point, please.
you're proving my point... keep posting.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 08:43 PM
you're proving my point... keep posting.

See, this proves my point.

weazel
03-18-2012, 08:46 PM
my point is anyone who thinks that Elway wants any of his players to fail is a complete ******* jackass. is that direct enough?

wayninja
03-18-2012, 08:52 PM
my point is anyone who thinks that Elway wants any of his players to fail is a complete ******* jackass. is that direct enough?

It's direct. Directly blind. You don't want to see the evidence for what it's worth, that's your problem.

Good point though, it was very clear when you told me that I was going to follow Tebow to his new team. Clear progression from A to B.

weazel
03-18-2012, 09:09 PM
I repeat... only a complete ******* jackass would think a GM wants his players to fail. Maybe you have that kind of character flaw but I dont think Elway does.

TimHippo
03-18-2012, 09:20 PM
I repeat... only a complete ******* jackass would think a GM wants his players to fail. Maybe you have that kind of character flaw but I dont think Elway does.

I'm pretty sure Irsay and Polian (at the time) wanted their players to fail so they could get Andrew Luck.
This sort of thing happens more than you would think.

The Redskins would have been much smarter tanking the season for Luck/RG3. Instead they give up a fortune in draft picks for RG3. If they wanted him or Luck so badly they should have just tanked.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 09:26 PM

Again, all the evidence points to that. If not, please show me some evidence of support or help for Teebs. I can point to lots of the opposite.

Trading Lloyd and even Orton with a very high likelyhood that he'd be picked up by one of our QB lacking upcoming opponents to save 2mil cap space when we have the most cap space in the league...

Publicly undermining support for him. Haven't found the QB yet, we'd be screwed with a traditional offense etc.

Elway scouting RGIII and Luck. I know this is routine to scout players, but it can't be a confidence boost to scout players you don't have a shot at unless you start losing a lot.

Again, I don't have any hard evidence, but I can't see a single thing they did to help Tebow win. Even installing that joke of a run,run,run,punt offense doesn't seem to really be one that they expected to work...

Elway had visions of shiny draft QB's in his eyes.

broken12
03-18-2012, 09:51 PM

had 247 additional attempts, .5 yds greater YAC/completion, lower TD/attempt%, higher INT/attempt%, 3.75% less dropped passes...but he did complete more passes so there is that. An interception is estimated to lower your chance to win by 20%, so they are kind of important. As an example IMO one of the only reasons Cam put up great passing yd, but still lost so many games was the multiple int/game problem
Lol because teebew pulls the ball and runs is not fair to assess that they didnt call the pass plays....tebow cannot read defenses and the orton deaal was playing to not hear the boos...was gun shy

TT15Superman
03-18-2012, 10:32 PM
you believe Elway wanted tim to fail...?It's been well documented that Tim "exceeded all expectations" from Broncos management ... hence, they "expected him to fail" (as in their expectations were that he would fail) since (1) we were 1-4, and (2) Luck seemed almost a guarantee.

Why else would you trade your #1 WR? You think Orton would have been "expected" to succeed if EFX had done that with KO? NO. They'd expect him to fail like he did when Bowe was taken out of the game in the 2nd half. So what happened?

1) Tebow made the running game better
2) Tebow for all his shortcomings in the passing game, made up for some of it with his legs. Consider his "short yardage" runs were = to short throws, and you have a QB with a comp% over 50%.
3) VIOLA! You get a team that did better without a run or passing game...and an 8-5 record with Tebow as QB.

Northman
03-19-2012, 01:11 AM
Comparing Tebow to Akili Smith is every bit as hypebolic as the Florida fans comparing him to Elway.

2 wrongs don't make a right MO.

As opposed to already writing off a guy like Weeden? Funny how when it comes to Tebow its "he needs more time" but with a guy like Weeden we have a bunch of miss cleo's who think he has already failed. :lol:

Northman
03-19-2012, 01:15 AM

Bazinga. :lol:

Northman
03-19-2012, 01:15 AM

Elway wanting his players to fail is what seems odd to me, but I can't find a more reasonable conclusion.

If you think Elway wanted Tebow to fail your just an idiot period. End of story. So ridiculous.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 01:42 AM
If you think Elway wanted Tebow to fail your just an idiot period. End of story. So ridiculous.

Another well crafted argument, but care to actually give reasons why or just trolling?

chazoe60
03-19-2012, 07:11 AM
As opposed to already writing off a guy like Weeden? Funny how when it comes to Tebow its "he needs more time" but with a guy like Weeden we have a bunch of miss cleo's who think he has already failed. :lol:

I just don't want us to draft him. If we did draft him I'd root for him. And you won't catch me saying things in absolutes. Big difference between not wanting to draft someone and clearly exaggerating by comparing Tebow's production to Akili Smith's.

I may think drafting Weeden is a bad idea but I'm not claiming he has no chance to be good.

Medford Bronco
03-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Well then possibly, it might be what the Broncos' FO is doing wrong.

They hired Josh McDaniels. They had Cutler and even with some bad habits etc, He is better than most of what we have had since Elway Retired. and Josh drafted
Tebow. Talk about reverse karma, there it is.

catfish
03-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Lol because teebew pulls the ball and runs is not fair to assess that they didnt call the pass plays....tebow cannot read defenses and the orton deaal was playing to not hear the boos...was gun shy

fair enough...198 additional dropbacks....better? Also 5.4 YP rush on the times he pulled it down and ran..also 6 rushing TD. 24 years old potential to improve. A second year qb who has trouble reading defenses? stop the presses!! At least it didn't lead to him throwing more interceptions. I will take incompletes over int's every day

hasselbeck is 36