PDA

View Full Version : Free-agent QB Smith meeting with Dolphins on Sunday

Tom Nalen
03-18-2012, 08:04 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827adbd8/article/freeagent-qb-smith-meeting-with-dolphins-on-sunday?module=HP11_breaking_news

Looks like Alex Smith wants to leave SF. Does this pretty much pencil in Manning to SF? This Manning thing is wearing thin. Just pick a damn team already you primadonna.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-18-2012, 09:38 AM
So somebody who is maing sure they are making the right decision to affect their future and their family's future is a prima donna? Get over yourself.

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 09:39 AM
I thought the Dolphins got Flynn?

Screw it, can we just make the NFL to back to the old way, before the forward pass? QBs and WRs are all pains in the ass anyway.

Northman
03-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Interesting, thought for sure after his game winning drive vs the Saints the Niners would keep Smith. Either way, hard to argue with them if they are interested in Manning at all.

Dzone
03-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Manning is going to sign with Knoxviille. $30 million a year guaranteed

broken12
03-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Its smart by him......makes sf show their hand....if they lose out on the manning deal and alex smith goes elsewhere were does that leave them.....manning is up in the air and who know were he'll go but alex smith fetting on with his life and checking out whats out their

Dapper Dan
03-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Manning is going to sign with Knoxviille. $30 million a year guaranteed

The Nighthawks?

Timmy!
03-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Nice. Way to put it to the niners Alex, we will find out real quick what SF wants to do. If they gamble on Manning and lose and smith walks they are pretty ******! Maybe this speeds up the annoying foreheads decision....slow *******.

sneakers
03-18-2012, 04:14 PM
So somebody who is maing sure they are making the right decision to affect their future and their family's future is a prima donna? Get over yourself.

We aren't exactly talking about electing the pope.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Being reported Smith will also visit Seattle. I don't blame him - SF is holding up on giving him a new contract, and he needs to think of his future, rather than sit and wait to see what Manning will decide.

Mike
03-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Flynn just signed a 3 year deal with the Seachickens.

Nomad
03-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Oh O...Tebow to the Fish:ponder:

wayninja
03-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Why would Alex do this? He should just sit behind manning for a few years and learn from him. The guy must be a selfish ******* to leave if his team doesn't want to commit to him, amiright?

weazel
03-18-2012, 05:57 PM
I want Dener to sign him, get it done!! release timmy

BroncoStud
03-18-2012, 06:05 PM
I want Dener to sign him, get it done!! release timmy

No thanks. Alex Smith is as average as it gets. At least Tebow can run.

chazoe60
Who is Dener?

chazoe60
No thanks. Alex Smith is as average as it gets. At least Tebow can run.

Actually Alex Smith is a damn good runner. Really friggin good.

Tom Nalen
03-18-2012, 06:06 PM

Manning is dragging this out longer that what is considered normal. It wouldn't surprise me if he knew where he is going all along and he is just trying to get the most money. It EFX's fault for playing Manning's little sherade and failing to realize this.

BroncoStud
03-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Actually Alex Smith is a damn good runner. Really friggin good.

Since when? He's mobile but he doesn't run anything like Tebow does...

silkamilkamonico
03-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Manning is dragging this out longer that what is considered normal. It wouldn't surprise me if he knew where he is going all along and he is just trying to get the most money. It EFX's fault for playing Manning's little sherade and failing to realize this.

There is no "normal" with this. I'm sure he's hoping for better suitors. Denver and Tennessee aren't winning shit with Manning,when SF came into the mix late he probably thought long and hard about a team showing interest that actually has a chance to win a SuperBowl.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-18-2012, 06:13 PM

There is zero evidence to indicate what the PM haters like you claim. Had that been the case, he wouldn't have ben profesional enough to inform the other teams when they were no longer in the race. Dude is a straight professional who is about to make a laife altering decision for he and his family. But this is a drive-thru, ATM, smart phone world where people just can't stand to wait for anything longer than 10 minutes...

Tom Nalen
03-18-2012, 06:20 PM
There is zero evidence to indicate what the PM haters like you claim. Had that been the case, he wouldn't have ben profesional enough to inform the other teams when they were no longer in the race. Dude is a straight professional who is about to make a laife altering decision for he and his family. But this is a drive-thru, ATM, smart phone world where people just can't stand to wait for anything longer than 10 minutes...

I would LOVE if Peyton Manning was the QB of the Broncos man. But it looks like it just isn't happening. I am sure that the 49er's had contact with Manning before this last week man. Not every phone call or meeting is being recorded. Like I said, it is EFX's fault for acting like a teenage girl that fell in love with high school QB they don't have a chance with. Instead of waiting around for Manning they should have been improving our secondary and interior lineman.

sneakers
03-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Who is Dener?

It is how a mexican says "dinner"

Krugan
03-19-2012, 08:27 AM

This isnt "life altering" in the least. And its not hate by any means.

Moving to somewhere for 3-4 years with children who are not school age, well thats just a move.

Now lets say he isnt a wealthy young man, who cant change house without really feeling pain, than yes ill agree.

I do agree about the insta-now world though, its pretty sad really.

Nomad
03-19-2012, 09:10 AM

Moving to somewhere for 3-4 years with children who are not school age, well thats just a move.

Now lets say he isnt a wealthy young man, who cant change house without really feeling pain, than yes ill agree.

Perhaps Manning doesn't want to move too far from Daddy or the wife has to be close to Daddy & Mommy......that may be the life altering thing for Manning.

I have plenty of experience moving with school aged kids and they adapt and no we are not wealthy like Manning. I call BS on the move being life altering for the Mannings.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-19-2012, 06:11 PM

having money doesn't make someone less human. You can't discount the effects of a move simply because he has more money than you do.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 08:31 PM
having money doesn't make someone less human. You can't discount the effects of a move simply because he has more money than you do.

I agree with you in principle, but in practice, having money makes this whole process a ton easier. We aren't talking about a recession ravaged family that has to move to a cheaper Ghetto in Detroit so the breadwinner in the family can work 70 hours a week in a metal shop in order to keep the electricity on and the cupboard stocked with Ramen.

It's not quite as bad when you are picking out mansions and paying someone else to move your shit while having 70% of your time basically free.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-19-2012, 08:35 PM
I agree with you in principle, but in practice, having money makes this whole process a ton easier. We aren't talking about a recession ravaged family that has to move to a cheaper Ghetto in Detroit so the breadwinner in the family can work 70 hours a week in a metal shop in order to keep the electricity on and the cupboard stocked with Ramen.

It's not quite as bad when you are picking out mansions and paying someone else to move your shit while having 70% of your time basically free.

but there remains somewhat of an inherent stress for anyone dealing w the unknown. Some excel. Some have issues. Money doesnt necesarily change people's ability to cope with everything.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 09:18 PM
but there remains somewhat of an inherent stress for anyone dealing w the unknown. Some excel. Some have issues. Money doesnt necesarily change people's ability to cope with everything.

I absolutely agree. But money (or lacktherof) plays a huge part in alleviating or exacerbating the stress and ultimately the discomfort of the situation.

Moving your nuclear family 2000 miles away from your extended family is a lot less of a concern if you can easily afford bi-weekly trips to visit.