PDA

View Full Version : Dawkins is a class act!

Dean
04-04-2009, 08:56 AM
I have been critical of most of what Mckid has done so far, but I feel I should give credit where credit is due.

2009 3:20 pm EDT

Brian Dawkins to give tickets to fired Eagles employee
By Chris Chase
Last month, Dan Leone was fired from his part-time job with the Philadelphia Eagles after criticizing the team for letting veteran Brian Dawkins leave via free agency. Leone was a seasonal game day employee, which meant he worked during the Eagles' 10 home dates each season. His termination meant he would have been unlikely to attend any of those games in 2009. But now help is coming from an unexpected source.

Dawkins signed with the Denver Broncos, who happen to be playing in Philly this season. Since each visiting player gets two tickets to away games, the 35-year-old defensive back decided to give his allotment for the contest in Philadephia to Leone. Dawkins told the Philadelphia Daily News:

"I thought it'd be a good gesture. Had I not ... signed with Denver, that guy would still have his job. Obviously, he made a decision and out of emotion said something. He was one of probably thousands and thousands of Eagles fans who felt that way. That didn't surprise me, that someone said that on their Facebook. It did surprise me that he was let go, though ... I felt it would be a good thing, to reach out to that individual and just let him know how much I appreciate it.''

Well played, Brian Dawkins. It's becoming clear to see why most people in Philly didn't want to see a class act like Dawkins leave town.

Copyright © 2009 Yahoo! All rights reserved. Privacy Policy

gobroncsnv
04-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I saw that too, Dean. Wish we could have gotten this guy about 5 years ago. Nevertheless, I still plan to watch and enjoy Dawkins PLAY as well. After too many "safeless" years, he'll be the best we've seen on our side since Lynch's first couple of years with us.
But all too true, when you see a player do something like this, instead of shoot himself in the butt, run over somebody, hit a girl, etc, etc, etc, it is REALLY REFRESHING! And he deserves more and louder headlines than the other clowns who eat up all the oxygen with their off-field "news". Too bad this is so rarely reported, because lots of ball players do this kind of stuff, but we only give pub to the bad actors.

Superchop 7
04-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Chop tips cap

Superchop 7
04-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Well, Dean....the only good thing I can say about him.......I like the Patriots draft philosophy he brought........best player "at a position of need".

Biggest hole......first pick
Next biggest hole.....2nd pick etc.

So many moves have been made out of ego since he got here, he doesn't seem to care about fielding the best team, the only thing that matters is getting rid of Shanny's players.

and yet, some people are eating that up.

Problem is.....on Sundays.....when you need great players.......you don't have them.

MOtorboat
04-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Well, Dean....the only good thing I can say about him.......I like the Patriots draft philosophy he brought........best player "at a position of need".

Biggest hole......first pick
Next biggest hole.....2nd pick etc.

So many moves have been made out of ego since he got here, he doesn't seem to care about fielding the best team, the only thing that matters is getting rid of Shanny's players.

and yet, some people are eating that up.

Problem is.....on Sundays.....when you need great players.......you don't have them.

Dawkins is pulling the strings? :confused: