PDA

View Full Version : Coach "um"

East Coast Fan
04-04-2009, 07:18 AM
This post by no means comments on McDaniels intelligence or lack of it, but just take a listen to how many times he says either the word "um" or "uh" when he talks. I noticed it in every interview that I've seen with him on TV. It makes a smart guy sound "dUMb".

elsid13
04-04-2009, 07:45 AM
He does it on the radio interview too.

broncophan
04-04-2009, 08:10 AM
yea.............I think Cutler(the player) says it even more in the interviews that I have seen.

Nomad
04-04-2009, 08:32 AM
yea.............I think Cutler(the player) says it even more in the interviews that I have seen.

True!

What else does a person say when you really could care less what the media or fans think. I'm speaking of both McDaniels and Cutler....."um we don't like each other....um we're moving on!!!" At least they don't say "like" every other word.

roomemp
04-04-2009, 08:35 AM
He is still relatively new to the mic. Shanny was a pro at it. McDaniels will get better in time.

scott.475
04-04-2009, 08:43 AM
It is like listening to the new President: "Let me be perfectly clear, um, uh..." I would rather listen to a few seconds of silence than "um" or "uh" as a filler.

Northman
04-04-2009, 09:04 AM
I do that all the time and im a genius.

Bill Devaroe
04-04-2009, 09:06 AM
the coacjh seems a little bit out of his lege to be sure,
Raji just better fall to us but he is a dopehead like Thomas.
or the could package all of those picks and move up for dirty sanchez
lemon is still my opick though. We could package orton, and #18 and use 12 -
Larinitis

elsid13
04-04-2009, 09:20 AM
I do that all the time and im a genius.

Knowing the names of every boy band member doesn't make you a genius, it just makes you weird. :D

gobroncsnv
04-04-2009, 10:20 AM
We just need to get Josh a better teleprompter...

Broncolingus
04-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Give him a break - the guys not even out of high school yet...that's how they talk there.

He'll grow out of it once he's graduated and 'out in the world.'

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 01:20 PM
wow....

.... :coffee:

DenBronx
04-04-2009, 01:37 PM
josh has too many ticks for me to pay full attention in his press conferances. i dont think this is something he will look to fix. the persing of his lips is just as annoying. makes him look and sound like an idiot.....wait he already is.

getlynched47
04-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Almost as annoying as Jay Cutler saying "You Know" and Shanny saying "Obviously"

I hate how he clears his throat all the time

deacon
04-04-2009, 01:39 PM
This post by no means comments on McDaniels intelligence or lack of it, but just take a listen to how many times he says either the word "um" or "uh" when he talks. I noticed it in every interview that I've seen with him on TV. It makes a smart guy sound "dUMb".

Oh, you're talking about McD. For a minute there I thought you were referring to Obama.

getlynched47
04-04-2009, 01:44 PM
I bet Josh tokes it up before every press conference or interview...

DenBronx
04-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Almost as annoying as Jay Cutler saying "You Know" and Shanny saying "Obviously"

I hate how he clears his throat all the time

i remember paul ernster had a serious "ya no" tick.

he would say it two or three times in one sentance. im serious!

slim
04-04-2009, 01:45 PM
I bet Josh tokes it up before every press conference or interview...

I bet Jay gets drunk before every game.

getlynched47
04-04-2009, 01:47 PM

No Jay gets drunk AFTER every game (except in the game vs. San Diego when he was falling down and threw an INT to CB Cason)

DenBronx
04-04-2009, 01:48 PM

that seems to be a pattern with our qb's. even elway was a drunk at times. they say elway used to drink before practices. that was earlier in his career.

kyle orton i think takes the cake.

slim
04-04-2009, 01:53 PM
that seems to be a pattern with our qb's. even elway was a drunk at times. they say elway used to drink before practices. that was earlier in his career.

kyle orton i think takes the cake.

Yeah, I think most QB's hit the bottle. Farve comes to mind as well...Joe Namath is a drunk. I bet we could compile a pretty good list.

DenBronx
04-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I think most QB's hit the bottle. Farve comes to mind as well...Joe Namath is a drunk. I bet we could compile a pretty good list.

how many dui's did brian griese get again?

getlynched47
04-04-2009, 01:57 PM
how many dui's did brian griese get again?

I'm sure when he tripped over his dog, alcohol wasnt involved ;)

slim
04-04-2009, 02:13 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa127/jefslo_24/untitled2.jpg

slim
04-04-2009, 02:17 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa127/jefslo_24/untitled-1.jpg

gobroncsnv
04-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Would Stabler be the king then?

MOtorboat
04-04-2009, 02:58 PM
I think Leinart takes the cake:

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/matt_leinart_parties_underage_girls_beer_bong.jpg

Slick
04-04-2009, 03:53 PM
It is like listening to the new President: "Let me be perfectly clear, um, uh..." I would rather listen to a few seconds of silence than "um" or "uh" as a filler.

wow....

...ALMOST uses them as much as our 'articulate', 'bright', and "well-spoken" Prez. :coffee:

LMAO. ...and your guy was such an eloquent speaker.

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 04:28 PM

You mean he wasn't sober when he told Suzy Kolber he wanted to bang her?:confused:

I'd hope I was the soberest of my life, so I'd never forget it! :elefant:

rcsodak
04-04-2009, 04:31 PM

Never said he was.

And he never bragged or had his minions do it either.

You were saying?
:coffee:

BroncoWave
04-04-2009, 04:43 PM
P&R forum is that way -------->

atwater27
04-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Um, Jay, er um I know before I said, um that I was, um excited to um work with you in the new um offense, but um, my gay lovechild um Matt Cassell is available in trade, um and I know you have more upside, um, but I am more comfortable with um, his cuddling skills and bedside manner.

silkamilkamonico
04-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Um, Jay, er um I know before I said, um that I was, um excited to um work with you in the new um offense, but um, my gay lovechild um Matt Cassell is available in trade, um and I know you have more upside, um, but I am more comfortable with um, his cuddling skills and bedside manner.

Yea, well, um, McDaniels, um, I know how you feel, um, Shanahan is no longer here, to um hold my hand, so I wanted out, um, immediately, um, I'll have my dad drop off my, um, playbook, because my glass gina hurts, um, so bad. I'm far too sensitive, and don't have a, um, backbone, to stand up to anybody. I, um, have a stronger arm, um, than John Elway. i wanted to go out, um, on a date with you to, um, get past this, but you were too, um, manly for my liking. Um.

atwater27
04-04-2009, 05:20 PM
:rolleyes:
Yea, well, um, McDaniels, um, I know how you feel, um, Shanahan is no longer here, to um hold my hand, so I wanted out, um, immediately, um, I'll have my dad drop off my, um, playbook, because my glass gina hurts, um, so bad. I'm far too sensitive, and don't have a, um, backbone, to stand up to anybody. I, um, have a stronger arm, um, than John Elway. i wanted to go out, um, on a date with you to, um, get past this, but you were too, um, manly for my liking. Um.

That woudl be semi-funny if Jay was the one that had the um, speech issue.

silkamilkamonico
04-04-2009, 05:21 PM
:rolleyes:

That woudl be semi-funny if Jay was the one that had the um, speech issue.

He doesn't need the speech issue to make it funny.

He has the glass gina instead.

atwater27
04-04-2009, 05:23 PM
He doesn't need the speech issue to make it funny.

He has the glass gina instead.

Coming from the guy with silk, milk, and bubbles in your identity, do you really want to accuse others of glass ginaness?

silkamilkamonico
04-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Coming from the guy with silk, milk, and bubbles in your identity, do you really want to accuse others of glass ginaness?

LOL.

I see you like holding hands too. Extend one for Cuddles. He needs it. I hear he's so emotionally hurt in all this he couldn't even return phone calls that he doesn't get.

At least he had his dad drop off his playbook for him. Yay for "dad"!

:laugh:

Scarface
04-04-2009, 06:11 PM
josh has too many ticks for me to pay full attention in his press conferances. i dont think this is something he will look to fix. the persing of his lips is just as annoying. makes him look and sound like an idiot.....wait he already is.

Couldn't agree more.

http://blog.nj.com/needell/2009/03/medium_mcdan.jpg
http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/McDaniels-.jpg

Greatspirits
04-04-2009, 06:42 PM
wow....

...ALMOST uses them as much as our 'articulate', 'bright', and "well-spoken" Prez. :coffee:

Oh no, that was our 'bright', 'smart' and 'well spoken' "Past" Prez! A true genius!!

KCL
04-04-2009, 07:53 PM

But he is the Prez and I still can't stand listening to Obama.

KCL
04-04-2009, 07:55 PM
You mean he wasn't sober when he told Suzy Kolber he wanted to bang her?:confused:

I'd hope I was the soberest of my life, so I'd never forget it! :elefant:

I heard he say he wanted to kiss her rc....bang her...did he say that...I'm sure thats what he meant though.

FanInAZ
04-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Speaking as someone who has done a lot of public speaking, its a lot harder then some of you might think it is. Inexperienced speakers focus too much on trying to be perfect that they can't just relax and be themselves. They will often time try and emulate someone that they look up to as a mentor. In McDaniels case, it would most likly be Belichick. I know from personal experiance that being yourself in front of an audiance is something you need to learn how to do.

Slick
04-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Never said he was.

And he never bragged or had his minions do it either.

You were saying?
:coffee:

I'd ask if you were a condescending dick all the time, but I think I already know the answer to that.

Lonestar
04-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Speaking as someone who has done a lot of public speaking, its a lot harder then some of you might think it is. Inexperienced speakers focus too much on trying to be perfect that they can't just relax and be themselves. They will often time try and emulate someone that they look up to as a mentor. In McDaniels case, it would most likly be Belichick. I know from personal experiance that being yourself in front of an audiance is something you need to learn how to do.

Oh so true

You do have to remember a great deal of our membership, have never had to get up and wing it in debate with a TV camera in their face..

perhaps they have given a rehearsed speech, but not a debate with hostile crowd..

As long as he a is a great coach and can communicate with his players and position coaches I could care less how he talks with a microphone and Camera in his face..

Never Trust a Snake
04-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Couldn't agree more.

His eyes are so close together.

BroncoWave
04-05-2009, 05:15 PM
His eyes are so close together.

Which is so crucial to his talent as a coach.

scott.475
04-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Couldn't agree more.

Oh my gosh, Bill Clinton is coaching the Broncos! Hide the cheerleaders!

Or, maybe we have hired Beeker!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_q16yDOMGNXU/SWppAHHDtLI/AAAAAAAAA0Q/GYIbvJoAXxs/s400/beeker.jpg