PDA

View Full Version : OK, a non-smack dolt thread. . .

BoltsOwnU
04-04-2009, 12:28 AM
I had to do this. I can't believe how fractious "Denver nation" is on this whole Cutler debacle. Let me break it down for you as a fan of a rival that HATES how it played out. . .

1. Cutler is a LOSER. Don't blame his w/l record on your defense. That's a cop out. Plus he had great weapons around him. You guys couldn't close last year with him. Also, your franchise declined from an AFCCG competitor to a joke under his uninspired leadership.

2. He was a bitch in the press. He talked shit about other teams and his own.

3. He's never had a winning record on a season, anywhere, at any time.

4. He handled the whole situation like a spoiled bitch, not like a man, not like a team player (no offense, but see how LT handled his contract restructuring)

5. You just scored the most ridiculous deal I can remember in the trade. You have FOUR first round draft picks in the next two drafts?!? Are you kidding me? for a QB that has accomplished NOTHING. You won't even use them all. You'll trade one or two of those picks for HUGE acquisitions.

6. At worst, this year MIGHT be an off year, but it might not. You guys might surprise everyone. Orton or Simms (who is a gutty leader) might be better than you think.

Seriously, bashing a new coach over the loss of your leader into decline is wrong. You guys actually may have just rounded a corner. As a rival that other than the help of Hochuli OWNED that sad sack of a departed QB, I can tell you, it's a tragedy it went as it did. . .

For everyone but a Denver fan.

honz
04-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Interesting post. Thanks for your take. The LT comparison is good and I hadn't thought of that. LT is basically Cutler and Sproles is basically Cassel (I know it's a little different, but stay with me) and LT took it like a man, took a pay cut, and wants to come back and show the organization and the rest of the league that he still has gas in the tank and can still dominate when healthy. I really wish Cutler would have acted the same way because I still think he is a very good player that could have led this team places. I don't think that Cutler is nearly as bad of leader as you think, but he has definitely been acting like a douche throughout this whole situation.

Anyway, with all that said...the Dolts still suck and Phyllis Rivers makes Cutler look like a Chippendale dancer.

What? Bad analogy?

bcbronc
04-04-2009, 01:04 AM
I guess if any fan knows what trading a "franchise" qb can do for an organization, it's a dolts fan (Vick/Manning). different situations, sure, but worked out well for Carmen San Diego.

Foochacho
04-04-2009, 01:05 AM
Kyle Orton will destroy you. And after he plays you all your cheerleaders will be left with a neck beard rash on their thighs.

Shazam!
04-04-2009, 01:07 AM
With opinions from a lot of fans and analysts other than Broncos homers and McDaniels haters, Denver is a better team today than they were two days ago.

bcbronc
04-04-2009, 01:11 AM
With opinions from a lot of fans and analysts other than Broncos homers and McDaniels haters, Denver is a better team today than they were two days ago.

we're not a better team until we've used the draft picks. but we should be an improved team when camp opens.

Shazam!
04-04-2009, 01:15 AM
Moving ahead without the drama, that alone is a good start.

I am confident Denver will Draft well and maybe do a little more dealing.

I am also wondering which QB they will go after, because it is almsot a no-brainer they'll get one and Hackney is a goner.

bcbronc
04-04-2009, 01:23 AM
I think they wait until next year to look at a QB. maybe if McD really likes the look of a guy in the 5th or later, sure. if QB is BPA then take him. But I think McDaniels will give Orton a real good look before looking to move on.

Shazam!
04-04-2009, 01:34 AM
It is clear he wants his guys, there is no reason to think he wouldn't want his QB of the future. Painter if he's available maybe...

NorthernLights
04-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Here is my take on this posted in another thread. http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=611593&postcount=582

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bronco fans-
I've been sitting on the sidelines during this entire ordeal, but thought I would share my honest point of view from a rivals perspective. Having Jay off the Broncos is extremely good news for my Bolts and the rest of the AFC. I am not here to gloat or to pile on because that's not my style. I just want to say that it is really unfortunate for the Broncos and the fans that a talented player like Jay ended up off the team.

Jay has the ability to win games and that worried me, a lot. He is a solid young QB with a great future ahead of him. It's a shame that things spiraled out of control and resulted in this. I was honestly looking forward to many years of great QB battles between Philip and Jay. As a fan, there isn't anything more I could ask for in a football game.

Good luck guys and gals. Keep the faith in your team and let's hope the rivalry stays on track for many, many years to come. Later. NL

broncophan
04-04-2009, 08:07 AM

Sure we are a better team we just unloaded a whiner, crybaby qb who no longer wanted to be here.....that in itself is enough.

But we also get 2 first round draft picks......and a 3rd round pick.....amazing to get so much for so little.....imo...

Oh.....I almost forgot........we even got a qb....who has proven that he and his team can win more games than he/they lose.....

Nomad
04-04-2009, 08:36 AM
What's going to motivate Rivers to play the BRONCOS twice a year being he won't be able to beat up, antagonize and create drama with Cutler anymore!:D

Northman
04-04-2009, 09:06 AM
I had to do this. I can't believe how fractious "Denver nation" is on this whole Cutler debacle. Let me break it down for you as a fan of a rival that HATES how it played out. . .

1. Cutler is a LOSER. Don't blame his w/l record on your defense. That's a cop out. Plus he had great weapons around him. You guys couldn't close last year with him. Also, your franchise declined from an AFCCG competitor to a joke under his uninspired leadership.

4. He handled the whole situation like a spoiled bitch, not like a man, not like a team player (no offense, but see how LT handled his contract restructuring)

5. You just scored the most ridiculous deal I can remember in the trade. You have FOUR first round draft picks in the next two drafts?!? Are you kidding me? for a QB that has accomplished NOTHING. You won't even use them all. You'll trade one or two of those picks for HUGE acquisitions.

6. At worst, this year MIGHT be an off year, but it might not. You guys might surprise everyone. Orton or Simms (who is a gutty leader) might be better than you think.

Seriously, bashing a new coach over the loss of your leader into decline is wrong. You guys actually may have just rounded a corner. As a rival that other than the help of Hochuli OWNED that sad sack of a departed QB, I can tell you, it's a tragedy it went as it did. . .

Dont necessarily agree with you point that defense didnt matter but yea Jay had his share of problems as well. And your spot on about everything else. Maybe your not so bad afterall.........nah, you still suck but i agree with you. :D

Shazam!
04-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Yeah, Denver was routinely crushing SD with Cutler...

Broncolingus
04-04-2009, 11:41 AM

GP, brother...

Den21vsBal19
04-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Dont necessarily agree with you point that defense didnt matter but yea Jay had his share of problems as well. And your spot on about everything else. Maybe your not so bad afterall.........nah, you still suck but i agree with you. :D
Feels kinda unclean, doesn't it? :lol:

Devilspawn
04-04-2009, 12:05 PM

This is a wait and see scenario, as I speak from experience.

Oakland should've dominated the division for this entire decade if Al Davis drafted wisely. He traded a coach who accomplished everything (but a Superbowl at that time) for two #1s, two #2s and $8,000,000, straight cash homey.

They got Phillip Buchanon and Napoleon Harris in the first round. Buchanon helped us get to the SB before he got injured, but at the time he and Charles Woodson were the 15th version of The Second Coming of Lester Hayes and Mike Haynes. Napoleon Harris was eventually traded for Randy Moss, but he was also taken in the draft one pick before future HOF Ed Reed. The two second round picks were used for Langston Walker and Doug Jolley... both gone.

Clinton Portis and Ed Reed, LeCharles could've been the four picked in 2002.

Next year, the Raiders had the two Superbowl picks in the first round and chose Asomugha and Tyler Brayton. Anquan or Osi could've been used instead of the Brayton pick, even Lance Briggs if the scouting saw him as a steal.

We'll have to wait to see what these picks add up to for Denver. Oakland was on it's last run in the SB year but Davis didn't choose wisely enough. Let's see what Denver does.