PDA

View Full Version : Marshall takes a shot at Jay ....

omac
04-03-2009, 09:56 PM
... towards the end of the video.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f992e3

He mentions the picture, so he obviously feels betrayed like in a divorce. He implies they don't need him, when he goes through a role call of the receivers in Denver. Then he takes a direct shot at Jay, mentioning stats but not wins.

Maybe now, some of the Marshall bashers will want him to stay; just kidding. :D

Hope you do great this season, Brandon! :cheers:

Superchop 7
04-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Brandon isn't my favorite person right now

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 10:01 PM
... towards the end of the video.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f992e3

He mentions the picture, so he obviously feels betrayed like in a divorce. He implies they don't need him, when he goes through a role call of the receivers in Denver. Then he takes a direct shot at Jay, mentioning stats but not wins.

Maybe now, some of the Marshall bashers will want him to stay; just kidding. :D

Hope you do great this season, Brandon! :cheers:

I watched that interview on NFLN I got the firm impression he felt Jay let him down.

broncobryce
04-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Brandon=Team player.

omac
04-03-2009, 10:05 PM
brandon isn't my favorite person right now

lol :D

broncobryce
04-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Bring on the pics of Orton breaking liquor bottles over peoples heads!!

claymore
04-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Brandon=Team player.

Brandon = a guy who doesnt have a choice right now.

omac
04-03-2009, 10:06 PM
I watched that interview on NFLN I got the firm impression felt Jay let him down.

Yeah, me too. Well now, Marshall has to watch out for himself and avoid some of the trouble he's gotten into in the past. Probably should be that way anyway.

bcbronc
04-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah, me too. Well now, Marshall has to watch out for himself and avoid some of the trouble he's gotten into in the past. Probably should be that way anyway.

I think Marshall will really turn the corner now that he won't have Jay leading him astray.

hotcarl
04-03-2009, 10:08 PM

none of us do

*sob*

:tsk:

omac
04-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Bring on the pics of Orton breaking liquor bottles over peoples heads!!

Instead of a negative thing, I think those pics of Orton partying with drinks in his hands actually help his image. It's like he's one of our drinking buddies. :D

Buff
04-03-2009, 10:12 PM
No divided locker room here. They're glad to see him go too.

broncobryce
04-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Instead of a negative thing, I think those pics of Orton partying with drinks in his hands actually help his image. It's like he's one of our drinking buddies. :D

I gotta admit, it makes ME like him more. But I'm drunk most of the time. :beer:

dogfish
04-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Brandon=Team player.

brandon = someone who needs to worry about his own dumb self

JKcatch724
04-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Brandon and Kyle will get along just fine... take a couple shots, slap a couple ho's, then it's back to the drawing board. :D

omac
04-03-2009, 10:15 PM
I gotta admit, it makes ME like him more. But I'm drunk most of the time. :beer:

With the Leinart partying pics, it makes you hate him, because he always gets the hot chicks. :D

broncobryce
04-03-2009, 10:16 PM
How can McD talk shit to Orton with that beard? He looks like McD's daddy.

JKcatch724
04-03-2009, 10:17 PM
With the Leinart partying pics, it makes you hate him, because he always gets the hot chicks. :D

That, or the fact that he's a major douche.

broncobryce
04-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Orton would piss all over Leinhart and steal his liquor. Then go out the next day and win a football game.

omac
04-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Orton would piss all over Leinhart and steal his liquor. Then go out the next day and win a football game.

Heck, yeah! :viking:

honz
04-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Say what you want about Brandon being an idiot off the field, but he has always been a good teammate. He should feel betrayed by Cutler IMO...dude left him out to dry and ditched town.

slim
04-03-2009, 10:49 PM
I watched that interview on NFLN I got the firm impression he felt Jay let him down.

He did let him down. He spit in the face of his teammates, IMO.

claymore
04-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Say what you want about Brandon being an idiot off the field, but he has always been a good teammate. He should feel betrayed by Cutler IMO...dude left him out to dry and ditched town.
Marshall is a good dude as long as there isnt a woman involved.

honz
04-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Marshall is a good dude as long as there isnt a woman involved.

Or any electronic devices/greasy McDonald's bags.

Poet
04-03-2009, 10:53 PM
brandon = someone who needs to worry about his own dumb self

Amen. Jay Cutler is an idiot, but an idiot who doesn't get arrested a lot.

omac
04-03-2009, 10:54 PM

He has every right to feel the way he does. But it's always different when the situation happens to you.

When Javon was in GB, Favre sided with management over the player; he sang a very different tune a few years later when he went up against management. So when it was Javon, he was being selfish, but when it was him, he wasn't. Hopefully, Brandon doesn't have to find that out for himself and he spends the rest of his career with the Broncos.

claymore
Or any electronic devices/greasy McDonald's bags.

I guarentee he had just got off the phone with his girl.

Broncolingus
Marshall takes a shot at Jay ....

Shit - knowing Marshall, I thought this meant literally...

Whew!

Northman
04-03-2009, 10:55 PM

There was a thread on the Freak that mentioned that some of the players had tried to get in touch with Jay during that 10 day span as well and nothing was answered. Whether or not that was verified i dont know. But seeing how Jay said he played for his teammates and then asked to be traded i can see why Brandon might feel slighted.

claymore
04-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Shit - knowing Marshall, I thought this meant literally...

Whew!

Thats how we know Jay isnt a bitch. Marshall never hit him! :D

Poet
04-03-2009, 10:57 PM

No, we know that he isn't an attractive bitch.

oobehr
04-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Besides his arrests and all that I like marshall and the way he acts. He has his pro bowl quarter back traded and is already hoping for a ring soon. I like the tenacity and his commitment to the team.

Broncolingus
04-03-2009, 11:00 PM

Very good, sir...:salute:

pipes
04-03-2009, 11:06 PM
I think that Marshall was showing his blatant respect for McDaniels, his staff, and Bowlen........

Bull$hit!!!

Marshall is most likely thinking...."kiss a lil arse now, get muh contract later!" :elefant:

pipes
04-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Besides his arrests and all that I like marshall and the way he acts. He has his pro bowl quarter back traded and is already hoping for a ring soon. I like the tenacity and his commitment to the team.

That's like calling a girl hot.....'cept her face. :confused:

BroncoTech
04-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Brandon who?

Overtime
04-03-2009, 11:16 PM
haha that's funny....way to go B-Marsh!! he should take a few more cheap shots at him. maybe he can play DB in the pre-season game and sack Cutler on a corner blitz and let him know who his daddy is.

BroncoTech
04-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Only if suspended players can play in pre-season, and if he's still on the team.

Northman
04-04-2009, 12:21 AM
He's not suspended yet.

Overtime
04-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Only if suspended players can play in pre-season, and if he's still on the team.

suspended players are allowed to practice and play in all pre-season games to maintain game shape physique, and be integrated into the game plan so that the team is ready and cohesive when they get off suspension.

the player isn't barred from practicing with the team and playing in games until the regular season starts.

then the player cannot attend team meetings, practices, or dress for a game. i dont know if they can even be on the sidelines while they're suspended.

ChairmanBron
04-04-2009, 12:43 AM
It's interesting that he mentions Jay is a "Great Friend to a lot of guys in the locker room". But unlike Eddie Royals earlier interview, never specifically mentions that Jay is his friend.

With that stats bash, he so done with Jay.

Also to me he seems to state that Kyle Orton is THE Quarterback of the Denver Broncos. Never acknowledging Sims is in the mix.

Shazam!
04-04-2009, 01:37 AM
I thought it was a lack of leadership or something as to why so few actually came out and talked about this, locker room resentment maybe...

56crash
04-04-2009, 02:12 AM
I think Marshall will really turn the corner now that he won't have Jay leading him astray.
\
I bet next year Marshal will be a bear .

Lonestar
04-04-2009, 02:14 AM
thought the locker room was gonna be divided..........

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

sounds like some folks are wrong again

56crash
04-04-2009, 02:25 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

that would take a few loses. also you think Rod woodson has no clue but you do ?

TXBRONC
04-04-2009, 02:27 AM
suspended players are allowed to practice and play in all pre-season games to maintain game shape physique, and be integrated into the game plan so that the team is ready and cohesive when they get off suspension.

the player isn't barred from practicing with the team and playing in games until the regular season starts.

then the player cannot attend team meetings, practices, or dress for a game. i dont know if they can even be on the sidelines while they're suspended.

Suspended players can even be on sidelines from what I understand. That being Northman pointed out that Marshall hasn't been suspended just yet.

56crash
04-04-2009, 02:29 AM
the sad part is the guys that are fan policeing will be the ones bailing out on the team .

LoyalSoldier
04-04-2009, 03:48 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

So far we have one player who was against the trade and one player who was bashing on Cutler.

Thus far we have no idea what the locker room is thinking. Although at this point I just hope they swallow any hard feelings.

MadMax
04-04-2009, 09:34 AM
As far as the locker room goes, I think Cutler did us all a huge favor the way he handled the last 2 weeks. Especially with his comment three days ago I think he made it clear that he was playing games here and just wanted a new contract or team. If he had been a little more careful he could have gotten traded while still making it look completely like McD's fault. Then we would have had a divided locker room.

PS. I really like Brandon Marshall, he's always positive, and always seems to say what was on his mind, I even agreed with him when he called out the fans for leaving early in that rout two years ago. I really really hope he gets his **** together so that he can have a long career here.

Denver27og
04-04-2009, 09:54 AM
hope the broncos dont get rid of marshall because of his character flaws or whatever... but we know anything can happen on this team

Nomad
04-04-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm sure Bowlen, Xanders, and McDaniels have addressed to the team if they don't want to be there then they'll fix that. I believe the players knew Cutler didn't want to be there so they moved on and didn't do a pity party for the fella. Sure it sucks to see potential walk out the door but they know as a team they'll get through it. In my assumption, I'm sure Marshall and other BRONCOS contacted Cutler telling him to let this roll off his back and come join the teammates with Cutler only snubbing them and that's why Marshall displayed some frustration.

spikerman
04-04-2009, 11:12 AM
No divided locker room here. They're glad to see him go too.I have to admit that I'm very surprised. I really thought this had a chance of causing a lot of problems in the locker room, but from the little bit we're hearing from the players I'm starting to think that they aren't exactly heartbroken over this.

Of course, they could just be toeing the company line. Who knows?

Poet
04-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Players don't like players who quit on them.

Strange.

JONtheBRONCO
04-04-2009, 12:52 PM
AWESOME! This was great. Very nice Brandon. Boy, sure changed some of my thinking about him... Good job, and way to give props to the coach, "i'll take the guy who has the rings." Love it..

Well, time to go hit the links and get drunk.

BeefStew25
04-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Man once you guys get a leader on defense you will be all set.

LRtagger
04-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Marsh and Neckbeard be making it rain on dem hoes

MOtorboat
04-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Man once you guys get a leader on defense you will be all set.

As an unbiased observer, do you think Dawkins can provide that leadership?