PDA

View Full Version : If When Manning goes to SF or Tenn (hopefully not), where do we go from here?

Medford Bronco
03-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Okay I know there is a huge split in the fans perspetive on Tebow and the direction we go for the future.

What is everyones op on what we do? I just want some hope for next year. I think 2011 was a fluke. I know I will get killed for this
but I just and giving my opinion. It is not gospel or fact. Just my small take.

I hope that the Broncos go for Hasselback if Manning is in Tenn or some other veteran and draft what Elway wants for the long term.

Not Joshy the losers project that worked out in the very short run. Heck Trade him to Jax for Blane Gabbert. I would love that.
An NFL QB type that Elway would rather have. I know that the people will kill that but oh well.........

Also need to buid the secondary much more as it is very old. the DL has been a problem forever.

The offense can use a young RB, not Know Show Moreno. Another Josh screwup (Jost sucks thanks Josh fraudman)
another WR to replace the departed Lloyd and Royal. etc.

what do you all think. and remember I dont hate anyone as a person if they are not a jerk. Tebow is one of the best in the world
of sports as a person. I just think as a QB is mediocre to below. He is not a TO or Randy Moss. Two big time jerks that I hate. Please dont
think that I lump him in as that or a Cromartie or Travis Henry etc.

Okay rant over. Ready for flames :flame: :target: :lol:

Nomad
03-17-2012, 11:08 AM
We will all follow Elway after he jumps off a cliff.:lol:

broken12
03-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Okay I know there is a huge split in the fans perspetive on Tebow and the direction we go for the future.

What is everyones op on what we do? I just want some hope for next year. I think 2011 was a fluke. I know I will get killed for this
but I just and giving my opinion. It is not gospel or fact. Just my small take.

I hope that the Broncos go for Hasselback if Manning is in Tenn or some other veteran and draft what Elway wants for the long term.

Not Joshy the losers project that worked out in the very short run. Heck Trade him to Jax for Blane Gabbert. I would love that.
An NFL QB type that Elway would rather have. I know that the people will kill that but oh well.........

Also need to buid the secondary much more as it is very old. the DL has been a problem forever.

The offense can use a young RB, not Know Show Moreno. Another Josh screwup (Jost sucks thanks Josh fraudman)
another WR to replace the departed Lloyd and Royal. etc.

what do you all think. and remember I dont hate anyone as a person if they are not a jerk. Tebow is one of the best in the world
of sports as a person. I just think as a QB is mediocre to below. He is not a TO or Randy Moss. Two big time jerks that I hate. Please dont
think that I lump him in as that or a Cromartie or Travis Henry etc.

Okay rant over. Ready for flames :flame: :target: :lol:
E Exactly

broncobryce
03-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Free agent QB's don't want to come here. Afraid of Tebowmania

Medford Bronco
03-17-2012, 11:10 AM
We will all follow Elway after he jumps off a cliff.:lol:

I think it would suck if it is the status Quo when SD and KC are much better than us if we do nothing. Esp SD
way too much talent to just suck again. But what do I know. I dont chase rainbows and lollipops and hope for miracles all the time.

Mike
03-17-2012, 11:11 AM
AFCW basement.

Nomad
03-17-2012, 11:12 AM
I think it would suck if it is the status Quo when SD and KC are much better than us if we do nothing. Esp SD
way too much talent to just suck again. But what do I know. I dont chase rainbows and lollipops and hope for miracles all the time.

Yeah.....I'm in the same boat.:lol:

Krugan
03-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Well, my first thought would be, SIGN SOME DT's YESTERDAY.

Make some moves to shore up the D, and bring in another running back.

Ride it out with the guy who started last year, cant be any worse than 4-12, well you could be, but thats pretty damn bad.

Continue to build with the draft, as was the supposed plan.

Im going to be share my opinion here, the last im going to talk about Manning. This team doesnt go over the top with him, we arent solid enough all around.

He won 1 superbowl with the same kind of team we have here, only reversed. They had a good to great offense, and a lower end D with a couple pass rushers. We have a solid D with a couple pass rushers, but are missing pieces to be a good to great offense. Manning doesnt elevate this team enough to contend with the upper class AFC teams, much less the NFC.

The idea that he puts over the top just doesnt sit with me. IF the team can somehow pull together the pieces and field a complete team, then sure Manning puts us over the top, but as it sits right now, we arent there.

So, we keep building, get a solid core of a team with quality players and depth and make a multi year run at being a big dog. Just my 1/2 cent.

Davii
03-17-2012, 11:34 AM
I think, if Manning decides to play elsewhere which is looking more likely by the day, that we move forward with Tim Tebow. Hopefully he has improved quite a bit this offseason and hopefully he can improve more through training camp, etc.

We definitely need to bring in a vet, like Hasselbeck, to back him up/push him/whatever you want to call it. We also need to draft a QB in the third round or so as our "project" guy. If Tim struggles mightily or shows he hasn't improved much then the vet comes in and Tim gets the chance to see if he can outplay the "project" guy to see which project guy remains a Bronco at the end of the season.

I love Tebow, it's not time to give up on him, but he shouldn't be handed anything. He either improves enough to keep this team moving in the right direction or he doesn't. I don't expect Peyton Manning numbers from Tim, but I expect better than we saw last season. If we move forward with Tim and see improvement, i'm happy.

claymore
03-17-2012, 11:50 AM
If we stay with Tebow, I think we need to trade picks for future picks as much as possible in the event Tebow hasnt improved. If Im wrong and Tebow gets way better and we have a bunch of picks next year. If Im right, we have the amunition to move up and grab a QB that has a better chance at success.

CoachChaz
03-17-2012, 12:17 PM
If we stay with Tebow, I think we need to trade picks for future picks as much as possible in the event Tebow hasnt improved. If Im wrong and Tebow gets way better and we have a bunch of picks next year. If Im right, we have the amunition to move up and grab a QB that has a better chance at success.

Couldnt have said it better. He has this year to prove he can improve...thats it.

Assuming McCoy/Fox give him that chance

Slick
03-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Keep the plan we started with last year. Be patient. Personally, I've moved on from the Manning scenario. I think if he truly wanted to play in Denver, he would have already signed.

Also, I think many of you are wrong about Tebow. I think he's going to get better.

D1g1tal j1m
03-17-2012, 12:41 PM
If Manning signs elsewhere, then Tebow is the man heading into next year. The FO can sign a vet like Volek, who was just released by the Sparklers. He is a backup QB who will not pine to be a starter and will know his role, plus he played for a division rival and will help with some of his knowledge of the Sparklers.

Improve the D from the draft and move forward with Tim next year and reevaluate at the end of the season to see where we stand.

BigDaddyBronco
03-17-2012, 12:49 PM
If we don't get Manning and have to stick with Tebow we should forfeit all the games next year as there is no way we'll make the playoffs.......er.......win a playoff game.......er.......win the Super Bowl......yea that's it.

Nomad
03-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Keep the plan we started with last year. Be patient. Personally, I've moved on from the Manning scenario. I think if he truly wanted to play in Denver, he would have already signed.

Also, I think many of you are wrong about Tebow. I think he's going to get better.

What's patient?!?:lol:

Tned
03-17-2012, 01:08 PM

Yea, I'm not on board with the trade/dump Tebow crowd.

Broncos will get almost nothing for him at this point, and there is little upside to moving on to someone elses failed project like Gabbart. Much better to let him have the off season and this season to see if he improves.

Anyone other than Manning will be an aging vet with questionable skills, or a young guy that failed elsewhere. Better to play out the Tebow experiment one more year than risk missing out on his upside if he improves.

slim
03-17-2012, 01:10 PM
If we don't get Manning and have to stick with Tebow we should forfeit all the games next year as there is no way we'll make the playoffs.......er.......win a playoff game.......er.......win the Super Bowl......yea that's it.

No Manning and it's clearly a lost cause.

Why even bother?

Nomad
03-17-2012, 01:13 PM
here's a Peyton Manning pep talk for all you aging men.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGmX6m78zDM

Medford Bronco
03-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the input. I know I am in the minority but wanted to get some opinions on the feel of those here.

I just want to win. I know we all want that. If its Tebow I would accept it and be happy. Just not what I think
will happen. I just want to scrap the option please. Let him be an NFL QB and see if he can be. not a college QB
that has to improvise to win. You need to pass from the pocket and on the run and make the throws needed against zone defenses.

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2012, 01:59 PM
I just want to win. I know we all want that. If its Tebow I would accept it and be happy. Just not what I think
will happen. I just want to scrap the option please. Let him be an NFL QB and see if he can be. not a college QB
that has to improvise to win. You need to pass from the pocket and on the run and make the throws needed against zone defenses.

If Tebow's year last year was a fluke, and Manning does not come to Denver, there are no options. There isn't an available QB, or rookie that's going to come in and turn this thing around.

If we don't get Manning, I think we need to roll with Tebow. 1 of 2 things will come out of it.

1 - he will prove me wrong, and Denver will have another unusual year back int he playoffs
2 - he will struggle, and Denver will have a high draft pick to go for a QB with some special ability.

Either way it's a win for us. I don't think freaking out if manning doesn't go through, and then looking to sign some guy like Jake Delhomme to come in and compete is going to do anything for this organization.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-17-2012, 05:22 PM
1 - stick with Tebow
2 - run run run, get Doug Martin to support (1st priority)
3- build the DL, it's a deep draft - bpa dl in 2nd or 3rd & 4th
4 - build secondary, it's a deep CB draft - bpa cb in 2nd or 3rd
5 - get a speed receiver somewhere in the draft who can also return
6 - don't expect the playoffs again... :shocked:

OrangeHoof
03-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Oh, ye of little faith. We need to give Tebow one full year to see what develops. The kid could become really special with his intangibles. If he's terrible, we will probably be 4-12 and have a high draft choice next year to spend on a QB. Forcing the issue now is the wrong idea. Give the kid a year. If he still sucks, the Tebowmania will flame out somewhat. If he doesn't suck, then the Broncos will get props for not panicking.

claymore
03-17-2012, 06:06 PM

Ive said it before, but I hope his performance (good or bad) is so blindingly obvious that the decision we reach with him is clear cut and final.

claymore
03-17-2012, 06:08 PM
If Tebow's year last year was a fluke, and Manning does not come to Denver, there are no options. There isn't an available QB, or rookie that's going to come in and turn this thing around.

If we don't get Manning, I think we need to roll with Tebow. 1 of 2 things will come out of it.

1 - he will prove me wrong, and Denver will have another unusual year back int he playoffs
2 - he will struggle, and Denver will have a high draft pick to go for a QB with some special ability.

Either way it's a win for us. I don't think freaking out if manning doesn't go through, and then looking to sign some guy like Jake Delhomme to come in and compete is going to do anything for this organization.

I agree % im also staunchly against drafting a QB this year unless its a miracle move up to get luck or something. We have enough to wrry about with our stable of lackluster QB's.

DenBronx
03-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Here's how I feel. If plan A doesnt work to get Manning and we don't spend money or bring in players to help Tebow I will be pissed off. I get that if we got Manning we are ALL IN for a SB but why not go all in regardless??? If plan A doesnt work and we sit idle and just feed Tebow to the wolves I wont like that at all. How are we going to know what this kid really has if we dont surround him with weapons? Why be aggressive with just 1 free agent???

SpringsBroncoFan
03-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Here's how I feel. If plan A doesnt work to get Manning and we don't spend money or bring in players to help Tebow I will be pissed off. I get that if we got Manning we are ALL IN for a SB but why not go all in regardless??? If plan A doesnt work and we sit idle and just feed Tebow to the wolves I wont like that at all. How are we going to know what this kid really has if we dont surround him with weapons? Why be aggressive with just 1 free agent???

The only things we need to get him are depth for the run game for when Willis breaks down again and a stretch receiver - everything else is up to him. Unlike with Peyton it is not critical to upgrade the OL.

If we get one RB, one CB, and 2 DL, along with a sleeper WR somewhere in this draft I'll be happy.

They are filling the main holes with bargain signings but taking a step backwards by apparently creating one with Bunk. There are a couple guys in the draft that can replace Bunk but that part is annoying...

pipes
03-17-2012, 06:40 PM
I hope like crazy Denver gets Manning.
I think this whole thing is being controlled by Condon.

I also think that a lot of the stalling revolves around Flynn.

IF Flynn goes to Seattle I think Denver gets Manning, Dolphins trade for Tebow, SF signs Alex Smith. Tennessee just keeps what they have - which isn't too bad.

The problem is, is that IF Flynn goes to Miami then there will be NOBODY that will trade for TT. TT's agent works for who? Tom Condon...so of course they want their client to play...so no Manning in Denver-he goes to Tennessee. SF again signs Alex, who btw, has Condon as his agent.

Now, it's also been reported that SF had offered Alex a contract-a low one at that.
The plot thickens. I wonder how long Alex will take this crap from the 9ers....and his agent.

This whole PM drama has had to have taken the bulk of Condon's time and energy, making Alex feeling like Rod Tidwell.
(PM would be Kush- in my analogy)

DenBronx
03-17-2012, 06:45 PM

IF Flynn goes to Seattle I think Denver gets Manning, Dolphins trade for Tebow, SF signs Alex Smith. Tennessee just keeps what they have - which isn't too bad.

The problem is, is that IF Flynn goes to Miami then there will be NOBODY that will trade for TT. TT's agent works for who? Tom Condon...so of course they want their client to play...so no Manning in Denver-he goes to Tennessee. SF again signs Alex, who btw, has Condon as his agent.

Now, it's also been reported that SF had offered Alex a contract-a low one at that.
The plot thickens. I wonder how long Alex will take this crap from the 9ers....and his agent.

This whole PM drama has had to have taken the bulk of Condon's time and energy, making Alex feeling like Rod Tidwell.

Alex just needs to sign the contract. No other team in the NFL would want him as a starter. By not taking the deal he is in jepordy of losing his job to Manning now.

claymore
03-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the input. I know I am in the minority but wanted to get some opinions on the feel of those here.

I havent thought about it before, but if we do roll out with Tebow... Do we scrap the option BS? Do we force him to run an offense that Fox/Elway want? Do we force him to prove he can be as good or better than a more polished QB in a pro offense????

I think thats another way out of the Tebow saga for Elway. Make him sit back there and throw the football.

pipes
03-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Alex just needs to sign the contract. No other team in the NFL would want him as a starter. By not taking the deal he is in jepordy of losing his job to Manning now.

I disagree. I can think of one certain hall of fame QB that now runs an NFL team that would probably rather have Alex Smith rather than his current incumbent QB.

Just sayin....

Lancane
03-17-2012, 07:16 PM
I have to disagree with many on here, even Clay which is surprising enough. I believe that if Denver misses out on Manning we'll see a trade to either secure Ryan Tannehill or to take Brock Osweiler and yes, I am dead serious. Osweiler's stock is going to soar at his pro-day in my honest opinion, despite that he didn't throw at the combine at put off his pro-day till the 30th along with teammate Burfict. Will he be a first round pick? I doubt it, but he'll likely be an early round two pick to be quite frank. As for Tannehill his stock is soaring in some circles and he brings a lot of what people like in Tebow with a better arm and mechanics, it makes sense and I am far from the only one that is starting to believe that Tannehill is viable.

It is my opinion, but I believe that the relationship between Tebow and the Broncos has been severely damaged, we've seen nothing coming out of Tebow's camp except for excerpts that they are none too happy at the moment. What little has been heard out of L.A. following his working out with Coach Mazzone is that his progress has been pitiable. As to whether that is true or not is debatable, as is most issues in this situation. Whether he has improved or not really may have no effect on the outcome, if he does believe he is not wanted it could hinder his progress or indeed effect him enough to look that way.

I do believe that Denver bringing in Manning was the best solution, I believe that it gave them the opportunity to separate themselves from the fanaticism that's plagued the fan base since drafting Tebow and giving them a chance to head the organization in a more agreeable direction.

TT15Superman
03-17-2012, 07:32 PM
It is my opinion, but I believe that the relationship between Tebow and the Broncos has been severely damaged, we've seen nothing coming out of Tebow's camp except for excerpts that they are none too happy at the moment. What little has been heard out of L.A. following his working out with Coach Mazzone is that his progress has been pitiable. As to whether that is true or not is debatable, as is most issues in this situation. Whether he has improved or not really may have no effect on the outcome, if he does believe he is not wanted it could hinder his progress or indeed effect him enough to look that way.

I do believe that Denver bringing in Manning was the best solution, I believe that it gave them the opportunity to separate themselves from the fanaticism that's plagued the fan base since drafting Tebow and giving them a chance to head the organization in a more agreeable direction.

Broncos will get almost nothing for him at this point, and there is little upside to moving on to someone elses failed project like Gabbart. Much better to let him have the off season and this season to see if he improves.

Anyone other than Manning will be an aging vet with questionable skills, or a young guy that failed elsewhere. Better to play out the Tebow experiment one more year than risk missing out on his upside if he improves.If the Broncos move on with Tebow, get ready because if he does well/really well this year, Elway better be willing to eat a lot of crow and suck some balls. Tebow has 3 years left, and EFX just shredded any hope of having Tebow as the "franchise", IMO. He'll be giving EFX "the finger" as soon as year 3 is up. I know that I would be.

Medford Bronco
03-17-2012, 08:12 PM

I know I will get killed by this, but I would love Alex Smith right about now. He showed me a lot this year and esp vs the Saints in the WC round.
He is not the best but better than anything we have had since Plummer. We never had the Cutler of now. Who is the QB we should have but Joshy f##ed that up. Thanks Joshy
and now you got Lloyd. I hope Lloyd cries on NE where they will cut his ass so fast it is not even funny.

Medford Bronco
03-17-2012, 08:15 PM
If the Broncos move on with Tebow, get ready because if he does well/really well this year, Elway better be willing to eat a lot of crow and suck some balls. Tebow has 3 years left, and EFX just shredded any hope of having Tebow as the "franchise", IMO. He'll be giving EFX "the finger" as soon as year 3 is up. I know that I would be.

I am sure Fox and Elway are so scared of this. :lol: please the Teboites have no clue. Does Tebow get to create a defense like on Madden 2012 and pick the 1985 Bears one as that
is what he will need to remotely have a chance to win the Super Bowl.

and Tebow is a good guy. I dont hate him personally. As a QB he is not good. Sorry the tebowites dont get that. They say he is a winner :lol: please

Medford Bronco
03-17-2012, 08:18 PM
I have to disagree with many on here, even Clay which is surprising enough. I believe that if Denver misses out on Manning we'll see a trade to either secure Ryan Tannehill or to take Brock Osweiler and yes, I am dead serious. Osweiler's stock is going to soar at his pro-day in my honest opinion, despite that he didn't throw at the combine at put off his pro-day till the 30th along with teammate Burfict. Will he be a first round pick? I doubt it, but he'll likely be an early round two pick to be quite frank. As for Tannehill his stock is soaring in some circles and he brings a lot of what people like in Tebow with a better arm and mechanics, it makes sense and I am far from the only one that is starting to believe that Tannehill is viable.

and who is responsible for this fiasco Joshy the jackass. and he traded the whiner in Cutler. I did not like Cutlers attitude either but he seems to have turned it around and I wish him well. He has done much better than our team since he left. he was hurt last year with a 7-3 record and went to the NFL Champ game the year before with no real weapons on offense.. but he is not a winner right.

J

dogfish
03-17-2012, 08:19 PM
I know I will get killed by this, but I would love Alex Smith right about now. He showed me a lot this year and esp vs the Saints in the WC round.
He is not the best but better than anything we have had since Plummer. We never had the Cutler of now. Who is the QB we should have but Joshy f##ed that up. Thanks Joshy
and now you got Lloyd. I hope Lloyd cries on NE where they will cut his ass so fast it is not even funny.

alex smith scares me. . .

his only two decent years came with noted QB gurus (norv turner, and now harbaugh) working with him. . . he's sucked every other year-- and we don't have one of those guys to work with him. . . could be a very expensive failure. . .

broken12
03-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Great point..........

Medford Bronco
03-17-2012, 08:25 PM
1 - stick with Tebow
2 - 6 - don't expect the playoffs again... :shocked:

How fitting, I am not the only one who thinks this. I am sure there are many more in my boat than let on.

Medford Bronco
03-17-2012, 08:26 PM
alex smith scares me. . .

his only two decent years came with noted QB gurus (norv turner, and now harbaugh) working with him. . . he's sucked every other year-- and we don't have one of those guys to work with him. . . could be a very expensive failure. . .

I am reaching dogfish. That is my point.

How come we did not even kick the tires on Flynn. I think he is going to do well. I hope he goes to Miami so I can root for him vs NE

dogfish
03-17-2012, 08:28 PM

Anyone other than Manning will be an aging vet with questionable skills, or a young guy that failed elsewhere. Better to play out the Tebow experiment one more year than risk missing out on his upside if he improves.

absolutely. . . if we're going to completely punt in free agency in terms of finding any upgrades (not talking about the warm bodies, reclamation projects and stopgaps they'll inevitably sign at some point), then we desperately need to at least invest our top few draft picks in revamping the lines, and finding another corner and RB. . .

we don't have any picks to waste drafting or trading for QBs. . .

if they can sign manning, more power to them. . . but throwing big money at matt flynn is just desperate. . . if we were in range of luck or griffin, i'd probably be in favor of making that move-- but we're not, and i have very little interest spending a pick that could get us a young interior OL or DL on this year's version of jimmy clausen, charlie whitehurst, or whoever. . .

if the FO can't land their guy, suffer through another year of tebow, and if he doesn't develop we should be in better position to make a push for one of the top QB prospects next year. . . blowing things up every year needs to stop. . .

dogfish
03-17-2012, 08:31 PM
How come we did not even kick the tires on Flynn.

matt cassel. . . sixty million dollars. . . that's why we didn't kick the tires on flynn, thank god!

Medford Bronco
03-17-2012, 08:33 PM
matt cassel. . . sixty million dollars. . . that's why we didn't kick the tires on flynn, thank god!

That is awful. I should stick to hockey talk at this time of year. :lol: and my team sucks ass, awesome.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-17-2012, 09:39 PM

I actually think the opposite...if he wanted to sign w/ Tennessee, he would have already. Nobody would have thought any less of him. Gets to go back to his college home and the state where his wife is from. An ownership opportunity, or upper management upon retirement at the very least. Great RB, stud young WR, good oline. All signs point to Tennessee...yet he hasn't signed yet. why? cuz I believe he really does want to ome here. my 2 cents.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-17-2012, 09:47 PM
NO WAY Tebow is not a Bronco if Peyton signs elsewhere. The fans would revolt. The Free Agent QBs suck and this is an awful QB draft, w/ the exception of the top 2. I think Tebow stays even if we do get Manning. He doesn't cost much and we'll need a backup. While I believe we'll get at least a 3rd for him, many here disagree. Is EFX REALLY gonna trade TT for a 5th and then still have to find a backup? Highly doubt it.

UnderArmour
03-17-2012, 11:18 PM
I am sure Fox and Elway are so scared of this. :lol: please the Teboites have no clue. Does Tebow get to create a defense like on Madden 2012 and pick the 1985 Bears one as that
is what he will need to remotely have a chance to win the Super Bowl.

and Tebow is a good guy. I dont hate him personally. As a QB he is not good. Sorry the tebowites dont get that. They say he is a winner :lol: please

Well he kinda is a winner. We got to the playoffs and won a playoff game somehow. To completely discount Tim's involvement in that is pretty ridiculous. And I saw somewhere you called thew in against Pittsburgh a fluke. Are you kidding me? We completely outplayed them and Tim was part of that; Tim torched their defense throwing to D Thomas despite losing Decker. There was no fluke against Minnesota. There was no fluke against Pittsburgh. Tebow does need to learn how to play the whole game like he does in the 4th quarter with the game on the line but to try and discount basically our entire season last year is ridiculous. While the defense kept us in games, Tebow played a role in leading us to those wins. There are no accidents.

We royally messed up this offseason in our pursuit of Manning because we could have gone after Brandon Carr or Finnegan to shore up our aging secondary. We could have gone after Mario Williams to strengthen our pass rush. Instead, we're being used to pump up Manning's last contract. It's pretty obvious at this point that we're just a team with the most cap room that he can use to get a bigger contract from the 49ers. He's not going to eliminate us like he did the Dolphins or Cardinals because we still represent a viable option should negotiations stall with the Niners or Titans. Elway refused to play hard ball and hold Manning to a deadline and as a result we will probably even end up losing Bunkley. Hopefully this front office realizes we're not going to get Manning and focuses on re-signing Bunkley and adding a player like Michael Bush.

tomjonesrocks
03-17-2012, 11:22 PM
I really don't see why people feel it's going to be hard to patch up the relationship with Tebow when Manning doesn't come to Denver.

Denver's done everything possible to help Tebow succeed--and this is Peyton ******* Manning they went after--one of the GOAT.

As a competitor I don't expect Tebow to love it but why some think we have to wine and dine this guy to get this guy back in the fold I have no idea. Tebow doesn't have a huge payday waiting in the wings, nor the multi-team interest the way Cutler did. Buy Tebow a dozen roses with an "I'm Sorry" card and call it a day if he really is a ***** about it.

I'd like to see Tebow find a better organization to play for right now. Sheesh.

TimHippo
03-17-2012, 11:38 PM
I really don't see why people feel it's going to be hard to patch up the relationship with Tebow when Manning doesn't come to Denver.

Denver's done everything possible to help Tebow succeed--and this is Peyton ******* Manning they went after--one of the GOAT.

As a competitor I don't expect Tebow to love it but why some think we have to wine and dine this guy to get this guy back in the fold I have no idea. Tebow doesn't have a huge payday waiting in the wings, nor the multi-team interest the way Cutler did. Buy Tebow a dozen roses with an "I'm Sorry" card and call it a day if he really is a ***** about it.

Tebow's gone or Elway's regime (Elway/Fox) is going to step down if Manning doesn't come. It will be a complete debacle like Carmello Anthony/Mike D'antoni. Tim's pretty pissed and I have a hard time believing that he can ever trust Elway again, especially with the QB tips that are supposed to happen in the offseason.

And I think Elway just doesn't like Tebow as a QB. He was never Elway's pick. He was someone left over from the previous regime. I think Tim right now is good enough to beat out any mediocre FA QB (including one game wonders like Matt Cassell and Flynn) that's brought in, so with the fan support it's going to be hard for Elway to get rid of him. Manning was his last ditch attempt.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 12:06 AM

Denver's done everything possible? You mean like committing to him as the starter? Trading away our top receiver after putting him in as starter? Giving him first team reps? Publicly supporting him and his ability to play?

Denver's done the bare minimum for Tebow to succeed, and that's kinda being generous. They threw him into the fire at the end of last season and into the middle of this season after demoting him to 3rd string. Fox said basically the guy can't run a traditional offense in an interview. Elway says he doesn't think Tebow's the guy and then after giving him some tepid support by saying he's the starter going into camp, he publicly (and yes, it's possible to be covert as the 49ers proved) went after another QB.

Going after manning is definitely what's best for the team, but to say that Denver has been bending over to help Tebow succeed makes me giggle.

Having said all of that, I agree that I don't think Tebow is going to make a fuss about it if the situation plays out where Denver asks him to start in 2012. He want's to play.

dogfish
03-18-2012, 12:36 AM

tim's a big boy. . . inside, you know he's pissed right now, just like anyone else would be. . . he's a tough kid, he'll get over it. . . frankly, his bruised feelings are a lot smaller concern right now than who he's going to play with. . .

jason hill is apparently our replacement for royal, and new england is meeting with dan fells-- virgil green is facing a possible suspension. . .

so, currently. . . decker / DT / jason hill / matt willis at WR (if decker and DT can stay healthy), and julius thomas / dante rossario dawson at TE. . .

good thing tebow can't throw anyway!

Tempus Fugit
03-18-2012, 12:55 AM

I'm not sure how tipping your hand by having run/run/pass as your seemingly constant approach is helpful to any QB, much less to one that's essentially a rookie in terms of games played.

Tned
03-18-2012, 06:30 AM
Ive said it before, but I hope his performance (good or bad) is so blindingly obvious that the decision we reach with him is clear cut and final.

This I agree with. When he took over last season, I was really hoping by last season that his play had been so good or so bad that it was 100% clear whether the Broncos should go forward with him as QB or go another direction.

Instead, he played bad enough for there to be a LOT of questions about whether he can be an NFL QB, but he won enough and pulled off enough comebacks that you don't want to give up on him too soon and have him develop into a good QB for another team.

pipes
03-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Alex Smith is visiting the Miami Dolphins today.

claymore
03-18-2012, 08:36 AM

This is the only team in the league he is going to start for. He doesnt have a leg to stand on if he snivels.

claymore
03-18-2012, 08:44 AM
This I agree with. When he took over last season, I was really hoping by last season that his play had been so good or so bad that it was 100% clear whether the Broncos should go forward with him as QB or go another direction.

Instead, he played bad enough for there to be a LOT of questions about whether he can be an NFL QB, but he won enough and pulled off enough comebacks that you don't want to give up on him too soon and have him develop into a good QB for another team.

Yeah, last season was the worst scenario (for me at least) with Tebow. I didnt want him to start, have a season like last year, answer zero questions, put us out of Luck/RGIII range... etc.

IMO, if he wants any more than the non committal niceties he has to have something a lot more significant than a head scratching year. I hope we have a boring draft and trade for future picks in case we dont truly commit to him next year.

claymore
03-18-2012, 08:52 AM

I dont know enough about Tannehil or Osweiler. I trust what this Org is doing. In fact Im amazed at how well they are dealing with things. So whatever route they take, I will be ok with.

If it was me playing madden, id trade all my picks away this year, and draft his replacement next year. If he came out and was the left handed Elway reincarnate, Id use the extra picks to get him a supporting cast to last for 10 years.

BORDERLINE
03-18-2012, 08:56 AM
I didnt want him to start, have a season like last year, answer zero questions, put us out of Luck/RGIII range... etc.

I

I wonder if I ask any fan of a team (aside from the usual ELITE). That started 1-4. Won their division, made the playoffs, and WON a game. If they would say the same about their QB.

Chef Zambini
03-18-2012, 09:16 AM
if the jags will take him for their first, TRADE tebow.
manning or not.
draft kellen moore.
sign a vet QB that wont cost much, like GERRARD.
but our draft abd free agency has to be about the secondary and linebackers!
have we dumped goodman yet?
take out the trash already!
a fluke is actually a fish.
a flat fish often substituted for sole.
It's not the real deal!
a fluke is a term first coined by the british, who love their dover sole and refuse to accept an inferior product, that looks the same but is nowhere near the quality of the real deal.
manning is the dover sole.
tebow is the fluke.
kellen moore is the grouper.
his height may make him look unattractive (grouper is a hedious looking fish)
but his performance will be delicious !

Tned
03-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Yeah, last season was the worst scenario (for me at least) with Tebow. I didnt want him to start, have a season like last year, answer zero questions, put us out of Luck/RGIII range... etc.

IMO, if he wants any more than the non committal niceties he has to have something a lot more significant than a head scratching year. I hope we have a boring draft and trade for future picks in case we dont truly commit to him next year.

Yep, pretty much agree with all of this. While I'm higher on his potential as a NFL QB than you are, I do think the Broncos need to be prepared to jump in and draft a Barkley, Jones, Wilson or another early QB next year. Assuming no Manning, I think a mid round (4+) QB this year, because they need bodies even if Tebow is starting, and if Tebow doesn't make huge strides this year, then you draft the best QB you can get your hands on next year.

Nomad
03-18-2012, 09:22 AM

I wonder if DenBronx will welcome Manning to the Bay Area when he moves there in the next couple weeks.:lol:

MOtorboat
03-18-2012, 09:24 AM
I wonder if I ask any fan of a team (aside from the usual ELITE). That started 1-4. Won their division, made the playoffs, and WON a game. If they would say the same about their QB.

Their quarterbacks don't look like Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf, so the exercise is pointless.

Chef Zambini
depends on how the team won?
the ravens won it all and then dumped their starting QB!
I dare someone to try and tell me that that ozzie newsome does not know what he is doing.
tebow lost 5 of his last 7 games once defenses got some film and figured him out.
just as it was with JMCD and ORTON, the way tebow finished, is the reality of what we can expect in the coming year.
all of tebows instincts and abilities over the course of his ENTIRE football life are oin direct opposition to what is EXPECTED of him this year.
He is EXPECTED to become a prot-typical, snap from under center, drop back pocket passing QB.
he will FAIL miserably barring a cacoon and total metamorphosis.
or... devine intervention.
Personnaly, I think god has more important stuff on her plate.
all in for tebow, i foresee a 4-12 season, and I am not really sure where those 4 will come from.

MOtorboat

Of all the things that have happened thus far, I'd say this might be the worst sign for the Broncos AND the Titans.

claymore
03-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Ive asked every friend I have if they would take tebow, and all said hell no (except for one browns fan). In fact, one (miami fan) staunchly defended tebow, told me how he has a heart of a champion. We argued for like ten minutes. Then I said, well you all need a QB, why dont you trade for him. He said "Oh hell no" I want a good one.

I think last season was a farce. Last year is exactly what I was scared of. Enough wins to give a beat up fan base hope. BTW, he had little to do with us getting to the playoffs.

Chef Zambini
03-18-2012, 09:26 AM
if manning's top priority is to win the SB in the next 3 years, I dont see how he turns down the niners.
unless the texans are another mystery team.

claymore
03-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Their quarterbacks don't look like Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf, so the exercise is pointless.

I would like someone to point to a team where Tebow could beat out the incumbent starter. I cant think of a team in the league other than us. I still think webber would beat him in a blind competition.

Chef Zambini
03-18-2012, 09:32 AM
smith going to visit the dolphins does not guarantee that manning is going to be a niner.
posturing, agent driven, thats all it means.
alex can go to florida, have a nice meal, feel wanted and play some golf, all on the 'phins dime.

Tned
03-18-2012, 09:33 AM
For those worried about Tebow getting upset over this Manning deal, I say don't worry about it. Elway can just tell Tebow and the press that he took a phone call and said "no." Hey, it worked so well last time, I'm sure it will do wonders to smooth out Tebow's hurt feelings...

:couch:

Chef Zambini
03-18-2012, 09:34 AM
I would like someone to point to a team where Tebow could beat out the incumbent starter. I cant think of a team in the league other than us. I still think webber would beat him in a blind competition.BINGO ! the only team that would covet TT would be the JAGS, but that would be for fiancial gain, something a new owner is very interested in persuing.
2 years of ticket sales and all that comes with tebowmania before he moves the team to L.A.

claymore
03-18-2012, 09:35 AM
For those worried about Tebow getting upset over this Manning deal, I say don't worry about it. Elway can just tell Tebow and the press that he took a phone call and said "no." Hey, it worked so well last time, I'm sure it will do wonders to smooth out Tebow's hurt feelings...

:couch:

We will just have Bowlen sext him.

Chef Zambini
03-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Tebow has always been able to find motivation in hurt feelings...
cue the Flight of the Concords.

claymore
03-18-2012, 09:37 AM
BINGO ! the only team that would covet TT would be the JAGS, but that would be for fiancial gain, something a new owner is very interested in persuing.
2 years of ticket sales and all that comes with tebowmania before he moves the team to L.A.

The truly sad thing is I dont think they want him either. Thats the heart of the tebow craziness. There would litteraly be protests if they didnt like tebow getting benched, not enough playing time etc... I wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole.

We all know he is available. If Jax wanted him on the dirt cheap low, low he would be gone.

broken12
03-18-2012, 09:40 AM
I know i stated this before but if manning does go to Tennessee i say we go for hasselback.....would be a great backup and push tebow to learn and imrpove....you also gotta check on th eavailability of locker.....manning to ten would by them time and they could use the draft pick to boost their team for a superbowl push! Either of them would be an upgrade over what we got. Dont get me wrong if tebow is here i will root for him but he should not be handed the starting job....he should have to compete for the job......the option will not work as well as it did last year!

Chef Zambini
03-18-2012, 12:53 PM
The truly sad thing is I dont think they want him either. Thats the heart of the tebow craziness. There would litteraly be protests if they didnt like tebow getting benched, not enough playing time etc... I wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole.

We all know he is available. If Jax wanted him on the dirt cheap low, low he would be gone.TEBOW is a valuable commodity!!!
not a QB commodity, in my opinion, which canbe questioned, but his value as a PR commodity is undeniable !
If tebow signed with the jags, he would sell out every home game before the start of the season! I would bet my life on that!

Chef Zambini
03-18-2012, 12:59 PM
I know i stated this before but if manning does go to Tennessee i say we go for hasselback.....would be a great backup and push tebow to learn and imrpove....you also gotta check on th eavailability of locker.....manning to ten would by them time and they could use the draft pick to boost their team for a superbowl push! Either of them would be an upgrade over what we got. Dont get me wrong if tebow is here i will root for him but he should not be handed the starting job....he should have to compete for the job......the option will not work as well as it did last year!
in a fasir competition, tyebow could not beat out quinn last year, and many said that weber was better, hello, weber?
Tebows opportunity was a PR move, plain and simple.
FAILURE was the expected outcome!
LIENERT would win in a straight-up competition, same with kellen moore.
Alex smith, welcome to denver, you could win a starting job over tebow.
"going into camp", those words were well chosen for 2 reasons.
PR and reality.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 01:36 PM
This is the only team in the league he is going to start for. He doesnt have a leg to stand on if he snivels.

So? It's obvious this team doesn't want him to start. Why not take your chances elsewhere?

wayninja
03-18-2012, 01:37 PM
in a fasir competition, tyebow could not beat out quinn last year, and many said that weber was better, hello, weber?
PR and reality.

That fact that Tebow did better than the guys who supposedly beat him out sorta condemns this line of reasoning.

Who care's who Tebow can beat in practice. We've already seen that it doesn't mean much.

UnderArmour
03-18-2012, 02:45 PM
PR and reality.

I bet you believe anything ESPN tells you. Really, are you'd kidding me? You talk about PR but the reality is that Tebow was NEVER officially lower than second string. Let me repeat that for you: TEBOW WAS NEVER LOWER THAN SECOND STRING!!!!! NEVER. Officially he was listed as a co-number 2. Someone in the organization was leaking it to ESPN that he couldn't play ball but the reality is that Tebow always was the "co-number 2" on the depth chart. To anyone who didn't have their head up their ass trying to follow ESPN's false rumor mongering, Tebow's insertion was no surprise. We were screwed with Orton. Barring a miraculous 11th hour signing of Manning, Tebow is our 16+ game guy next year and there will be no 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round QB taken. Just enjoy the ride.

tomjonesrocks
03-18-2012, 03:22 PM
I know i stated this before but if manning does go to Tennessee i say we go for hasselback...

If the team signed Hasselbeck as a low-ceiling vet I'd support him 100%, if for the sole reason that it would finally nail that Delhomme coffin closed...

tomjonesrocks
03-18-2012, 03:27 PM
So? It's obvious this team doesn't want him to start. Why not take your chances elsewhere?

Ridiculous.

Denver pursuing a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get one of the all time greats doesn't mean Tebow's got a better opportunity elsewhere when Manning picks the Titans or Niners.

But whatever, **** him if he can't see that...

It sucks for Tebow he didn't get a real offseason to prepare last year--and we STILL don't fully know what he can do with a competent coaching staff and a full offseason. But if he can't see the forest for the trees on this one particular situation I feel sorry for him because wherever he goes will likely be worse unless he's decided he's up for changing positions.

UnderArmour
03-18-2012, 03:56 PM
If the team signed a low-ceiling vet I'd support Hasselbeck 100%, if for the sole reason that it would finally nail that Delhomme coffin closed...

I agree with you. Absolutely not should he be signed as a starter. Kyle Orton is a superior quarterback to Matt Hasselbeck. After we bomb on Manning, Tebow is the guy for 2012. We have a clutch quarterback who is only going to improve, why are fellow fans getting so full of themselves and letting ESPN's drama fueling turn them against Tebow? It's gotten ridiculous that a guy who gave us the most exciting season since 05 is practically being written off if we strike out on Manning. Signing Manning is one thing, but if people are going to start throwing out Tannehill, Hasselbeck, Weeden, or Alex Smith it just makes me want to vommit. Did all of you really forget Orton already? Makes me sick.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Ridiculous.

Denver pursuing a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get one of the all time greats doesn't mean Tebow's got a better opportunity elsewhere when Manning picks the Titans or Niners.

But whatever, **** him if he can't see that...

It sucks for Tebow he didn't get a real offseason to prepare last year--and we STILL don't fully know what he can do with a competent coaching staff and a full offseason. But if he can't see the forest for the trees on this one particular situation I feel sorry for him because wherever he goes will likely be worse unless he's decided he's up for changing positions.

It's not ridiculous and doesn't have a ton to do with Manning either. I don't believe Tebow has any faith that the FO believes in him. Why should he? Why shouldn't he take a chance elsewhere. I would. I wouldn't stick around where I'm not wanted, just doesn't make sense.

I also don't believe this is Tebow's problem. He's done everything that has been asked of him and still can't get the FO to commit in any way to him. How long is he supposed to be happy with that? It's not being selfish, just realistic.

MOtorboat
03-18-2012, 04:40 PM
It's not ridiculous and doesn't have a ton to do with Manning either. I don't believe Tebow has any faith that the FO believes in him. Why should he? Why shouldn't he take a chance elsewhere. I would. I wouldn't stick around where I'm not wanted, just doesn't make sense.

I also don't believe this is Tebow's problem. He's done everything that has been asked of him and still can't get the FO to commit in any way to him. How long is he supposed to be happy with that? It's not being selfish, just realistic.

I hope he's a better person than Cutler. You're suggesting he's not, FYI.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 04:55 PM
I hope he's a better person than Cutler. You're suggesting he's not, FYI.

What? It's a 'bad person' that doesn't want to play where he's not wanted? Explain.

MOtorboat
03-18-2012, 04:58 PM
What? It's a 'bad person' that doesn't want to play where he's not wanted? Explain.

He's under contract. I hope he doesn't throw a temper tantrum like Cutler, like a petulant child.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 05:10 PM
He's under contract. I hope he doesn't throw a temper tantrum like Cutler, like a petulant child.

Throwing a temper tantrum is not the only way to ask for a trade, MO. Are you not aware of that or just ignoring it?

I don't think for a second timmy would throw a fit and refuse to play. I think all he has to do if he wants out is ask nicely and EFX will jump all over it. I think they are hoping he does exactly this.

MOtorboat
03-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Throwing a temper tantrum is not the only way to ask for a trade, MO. Are you not aware of that or just ignoring it?

I don't think for a second timmy would throw a fit and refuse to play. I think all he has to do if he wants out is ask nicely and EFX will jump all over it. I think they are hoping he does exactly this.

I'm probably reacting to his petulant fans, so you're probably right.

But it comes off entitled to me, and I hate that. And he doesn't come across like that, and that disappoints me.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 05:29 PM
LOL, what about him doesn't disappoint you, MO?

He's played in 16 games and has a winning record. He's shown enough that he should either be given a legitimate shot or traded to someone who actually wants him. I don't see that as unreasonable. Again, there is a way to BE unreasonable about, but I don't see Timmy pulling a Cutler. He will simply ask nicely and Elway and Co will gladly take the 'out' he offers them.

Nomad
03-18-2012, 05:32 PM
I tend to agree with this guy about Tebow......

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400617/gene-frenette/2012-03-17/gene-frenette-no-matter-mannings-next-move-tebow-will

dogfish
03-18-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm probably reacting to his petulant fans, so you're probably right.

But it comes off entitled to me, and I hate that. And he doesn't come across like that, and that disappoints me.

don't sweat it too much, MOseph. . . your nightmare is almost at an end, i think. . .

MOtorboat
03-18-2012, 05:40 PM
LOL, what about him doesn't disappoint you, MO?

He's played in 16 games and has a winning record. He's shown enough that he should either be given a legitimate shot or traded to someone who actually wants him. I don't see that as unreasonable. Again, there is a way to BE unreasonable about, but I don't see Timmy pulling a Cutler. He will simply ask nicely and Elway and Co will gladly take the 'out' he offers them.

Keep thinking I hate him. And keep putting words in my mouth.

Objectivity and hate are two different things. You should learn the difference.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Keep thinking I hate him. And keep putting words in my mouth.

Objectivity and hate are two different things. You should learn the difference.

You don't hate him personally, just professionally. I know the difference, you've made it clear. He's a great guy and a lousy football player.

How'd we get on your personal feelings for him, anyway? Because I asked you what about him doesn't disappoint you? I apologize if I was unclear. What about him, professionally, doesn't disappoint you?

Better?

MOtorboat
03-18-2012, 05:50 PM
You don't hate him personally, just professionally. I know the difference, you've made it clear. He's a great guy and a lousy football player.

How'd we get on your personal feelings for him, anyway? Because I asked you what about him doesn't disappoint you? I apologize if I was unclear. What about him, professionally, doesn't disappoint you?

Better?

His ability to let the last play (or first three quarters) go and make a play when it matters.

His overall leadership. His determination. His demeanor.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 06:16 PM
His ability to let the last play (or first three quarters) go and make a play when it matters.

His overall leadership. His determination. His demeanor.

Honestly, and I'm not trying to be a dick, but I think this is the first positive thing I've heard you say about him (on the field).

Kudos.

MOtorboat
03-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Honestly, and I'm not trying to be a dick, but I think this is the first positive thing I've heard you say about him (on the field).

Kudos.

You should pay more attention to what I say and less to what you think I'm saying.

wayninja
03-18-2012, 07:24 PM
You should pay more attention to what I say and less to what you think I'm saying.

That's a physical impossibility and you know it. That's like saying you should read with your lungs.

If you are trying to say you are being 'balanced' and 'objective' by using a single positive thing in a sea of criticism, my brain will continue to interpret it as such.

broncobryce
03-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Tebow is the greatest QB in the history of the NFL! Just being objective, sorry if you can't handle it.