PDA

View Full Version : Something positive for the Bronco fans.

Poet
04-03-2009, 08:00 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brian-Dawkins-to-give-tickets-to-fired-Eagles-em?urn=nfl,152812

Brian Dawkins to give tickets to fired Eagles employee

By Chris Chase

Last month, Dan Leone was fired from his part-time job with the Philadelphia Eagles after criticizing the team for letting veteran Brian Dawkins leave via free agency. Leone was a seasonal game day employee, which meant he worked during the Eagles' 10 home dates each season. His termination meant he would have been unlikely to attend any of those games in 2009. But now help is coming from an unexpected source.

Dawkins signed with the Denver Broncos, who happen to be playing in Philly this season. Since each visiting player gets two tickets to away games, the 35-year-old defensive back decided to give his allotment for the contest in Philadephia to Leone. Dawkins told the Philadelphia Daily News:

"I thought it'd be a good gesture. Had I not ... signed with Denver, that guy would still have his job. Obviously, he made a decision and out of emotion said something. He was one of probably thousands and thousands of Eagles fans who felt that way. That didn't surprise me, that someone said that on their Facebook. It did surprise me that he was let go, though ... I felt it would be a good thing, to reach out to that individual and just let him know how much I appreciate it.''

Well played, Brian Dawkins. It's becoming clear to see why most people in Philly didn't want to see a class act like Dawkins leave town.

(Thanks, Bleeding Green Nation)

Related: Brian Dawkins, Denver Broncos

He is a good dude.

arizonakid22
04-03-2009, 08:28 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brian-Dawkins-to-give-tickets-to-fired-Eagles-em?urn=nfl,152812

By Chris Chase

Last month, Dan Leone was fired from his part-time job with the Philadelphia Eagles after criticizing the team for letting veteran Brian Dawkins leave via free agency. Leone was a seasonal game day employee, which meant he worked during the Eagles' 10 home dates each season. His termination meant he would have been unlikely to attend any of those games in 2009. But now help is coming from an unexpected source.

Dawkins signed with the Denver Broncos, who happen to be playing in Philly this season. Since each visiting player gets two tickets to away games, the 35-year-old defensive back decided to give his allotment for the contest in Philadephia to Leone. Dawkins told the Philadelphia Daily News:

"I thought it'd be a good gesture. Had I not ... signed with Denver, that guy would still have his job. Obviously, he made a decision and out of emotion said something. He was one of probably thousands and thousands of Eagles fans who felt that way. That didn't surprise me, that someone said that on their Facebook. It did surprise me that he was let go, though ... I felt it would be a good thing, to reach out to that individual and just let him know how much I appreciate it.''

Well played, Brian Dawkins. It's becoming clear to see why most people in Philly didn't want to see a class act like Dawkins leave town.

He is a good dude.

Thanks for the story, Dawkins really is a good guy!

claymore
04-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Im sure the guy would rather Dawkins pay his mortgage but ok. Free tickets.

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 08:32 PM
You guys got yourself a leader there. Good luck!

claymore
04-03-2009, 08:34 PM

Hows your Secondary lookin Beef?

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Hows your Secondary lookin Beef?

Well, Tillman is getting up there, and Mike Brown needs to stay healthy, but we should be okay. Man, I bet Cutler is pumped to have a defense though.

omac
04-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Im sure the guy would rather Dawkins pay his mortgage but ok. Free tickets.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. :D

Still a real nice gesture; I hope he plays great for us. :salute:

BigDaddyBronco
04-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Well, Tillman is getting up there, and Mike Brown needs to stay healthy, but we should be okay. Man, I bet Cutler is pumped to have a defense though.
Tell us the inside scoop on Urlacher.

claymore
04-03-2009, 08:39 PM

He might bump in to Forte a little, cause he isnt used to having a RB back there. But things are looking up. If Hester can catch the ball the NFC North is in trouble.

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Tell us the inside scoop on Urlacher.

He was a good basketball player in high school and once took a huge dump at a Phoenix area Holiday Inn and the handyman had to be called.

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 08:40 PM
He might bump in to Forte a little, cause he isnt used to having a RB back there. But things are looking up. If Hester can catch the ball the NFC North is in trouble.

Yeah, we are pumped.

Buff
04-03-2009, 09:01 PM

:uh:

ghey

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 09:02 PM
:uh:

ghey

Go get some beaver. Time is wasting.

KCL
04-03-2009, 09:05 PM
He was a good basketball player in high school and once took a huge dump at a Phoenix area Holiday Inn and the handyman had to be called.

Go get some beaver. Time is wasting.

cswil...is that you?

Buff
04-03-2009, 09:14 PM
August 30, 2009. Cutler comes back to Denver on Sunday Night Football.

I'm going to shell out the couple hundred bucks for seats in the lower level on the east side so Cutler can hear me when I heckle him.

KCL
04-03-2009, 09:16 PM
August 30, 2009. Cutler comes back to Denver on Sunday Night Football.

I'm going to shell out the couple hundred bucks for seats in the lower level on the east side so Cutler can hear me when I heckle him.

I heard through the grapevine there is a Bronco fan who has some tickets for sale.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Something positive: The Chiefs still suck.

KCL
04-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Something positive: The Chiefs still suck.

Mo Mo...that was last season.Get with the times...Carl is gone.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Mo Mo...that was last season.Get with the times...Carl is gone.

lol :D

I'm so glad you have hope. It's so cute.

You're blushing, btw...

KCL
04-03-2009, 09:19 PM
lol :D

I'm so glad you have hope. It's so cute.

You're blushing, btw...

It's more than what you have.

LRtagger
04-03-2009, 09:49 PM

You'll be back when Sanchez is throwing the long ball to Glenn.

Buff
04-03-2009, 09:51 PM
I heard through the grapevine there is a Bronco fan who has some tickets for sale.

He won't be able to hear me booing him from club level.

I need to be closer.

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the article King.

I'm looking forward to seeing Dawkins suit up for us. I also hope he gets a chance to knock Felicia Rivers on her ass.

Broncolingus
04-03-2009, 09:54 PM

By Chris Chase

He is a good dude.

Classy move, dude...

KCL
04-03-2009, 09:57 PM
He won't be able to hear me booing him from club level.

I need to be closer.

well if all else fails and you can't get closer...get one of these...

http://maplegate.info/assets/images/megaphone.jpg

Denver27og
04-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Cutler gave over a million dollars to various charities.. relief efforts... fund raisers.. community programs... but guess hes just a crybaby

KCL
04-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Cutler gave over a million dollars to various charities.. relief efforts... fund raisers.. community programs... but guess hes just a crybaby

Alot of players do that...and alot of them are crybabies also.

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 10:08 PM
You'll be back when Sanchez is throwing the long ball to Glenn.

Be quiet.

honz
04-03-2009, 10:44 PM
D. All of the above.

Poet
04-03-2009, 10:49 PM

I don't think anyone is saying that he is a bad human being. No one really knows how these guys really are away from the game.