PDA

View Full Version : Various points of interest

Blue Run
04-03-2009, 07:08 PM
What a rude reminder of the serious nature of changing coaches! Bowlen backs out on my man Spagnuolo and hires a guy most in the league were concerned about - Josh McDaniels. And his first move is to run Jay Cutler out of town? Wow. Spagnuolo hasn't done anything major in STL but has cut some dead weight and is re-tooling the defensive roster accordingly. Lots of big cuts. I was reluctant to post here again because I do not wish to hint at an I told you so regarding the coaching. Hindsight is 20/20 and neither has even coached a game yet.
That said, as promised, I have returned for the draft season and have some interesting news regarding the Broncos draft psyche, should there be any interest. If I have worn out my welcome Broncos fans, no hard feelings. But I wanted to hold up my word after everything this forum afforded us during the early offseason. Pins and needles but the gavel has fallen in certain areas.

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Blue, any word on the Bears draft?

claymore
04-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Let'er rip.

honz
04-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I was reluctant to post here again because I do not wish to hint at an I told you so regarding the coaching.

Clearly.

BroncoJoe
04-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Please dude. As far as I can recall, everything you've posted has NOT happened.

Good day.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-03-2009, 07:24 PM
You obviously have no idea what is going on in St. Louis. Craig Dahl was signed. Spagnuolo knows what is up, dawg. Now let that hot draft juice rip. Spit that hot fire, homie.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-03-2009, 07:26 PM
I hear the Broncos are looking to trade #12 and #18 to move up and get Brandon Pettigrew.

spikerman
04-03-2009, 07:26 PM
You obviously have no idea what is going on in St. Louis. Craig Dahl was signed. Is he a long snapper? Did he ever play for the Patriots? If not, it's obvious Spags has no idea what he's doing.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Lonnie was a good signing Spikerman, he is the next Richard Dent. You heard it here first.

Blue Run
04-03-2009, 07:28 PM
For starters, the Broncos are still extremely interested in Julius Peppers. Nothing has changed there. Several teams are interested, including PHI, TB and NE. PB now has the necessary picks to add Peppers and another defensive starter in the draft.

They would likely have to give up the #12 - and CAR wants Moss and Thomas in return. PB has rejected that proposal.
Also, the Giants contacted BUF about D.J. Williams, offering the NO #2 they got in the Shockey deal. DEN declined.
I'm also still hearing Louis Delmas and William Moore in the 2nd round.

RE: Kyle Orton. Very respected player around the league. CHI was not interested in any other QBs to compete with him in free agency or the draft. Cutler was too good to pass up but Orton is solid, accurate and decisive on the intermediate stuff and doesn't make mistakes. He's a good fit in McD's offense.

claymore
04-03-2009, 07:31 PM
For starters, the Broncos are still extremely interested in Julius Peppers. Nothing has changed there. Several teams are interested, including PHI, TB and NE. PB now has the necessary picks to add Peppers and another defensive starter in the draft.

They would likely have to give up the #12 - and CAR wants Moss and Thomas in return. PB has rejected that proposal.
Also, the Giants contacted BUF about D.J. Williams, offering the NO #2 they got in the Shockey deal. DEN declined.
I'm also still hearing Louis Delmas and William Moore in the 2nd round.

RE: Kyle Orton. Very respected player around the league. CHI was not interested in any other QBs to compete with him in free agency or the draft. Cutler was too good to pass up but Orton is solid, accurate and decisive on the intermediate stuff and doesn't make mistakes. He's a good fit in McD's offense.
If we go D line at 12, I would rather have Peppers. Moss and Thomas.... No way we give them up, we dont even know what they can do yet.

spikerman
04-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Lonnie was a good signing Spikerman, he is the next Richard Dent. You heard it here first.Have you ever stopped to think that maybe Richard Dent was just the first Lonnie Paxton?

Requiem / The Dagda
04-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Why would the Giants contact Buffalo about D.J. Williams?

Requiem / The Dagda
04-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Oh, and why would Denver have to give up the #12, plus Moss and Thomas in a trade for Peppers when it was widely speculated that a second and a third would have likely done it? Not buying it.

spikerman
04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Why would the Giants contact Buffalo about D.J. Williams?

Because by then the Broncos will have traded him to Buffalo for a kicking tee.

Blue Run
04-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Before the Pace signing the Bears were planning a trade up for Michael Oher, who they believe could start from day 1. Checking my notes, they also had Vontae Davis as a top 10 player on their board and projected him as an early impact player in the Tampa 2 with excellent mid-round value for them.
They were digging deep on Chris Wells, too - requesting extra tape from his freshman year.

On the Broncos front, I talked to a Broncs coach named Nunnelly at the BC Pro Day. Not sure who he is. He put all the front 7 guys through a private workout and paid a lot of attention to Raji, following him around from a distance for about an hour.

honz
04-03-2009, 07:51 PM
I think the Bears will definitely draft Wells in the 1st. They are in dire need of a stud RB and they should definitely grab him with the 18th pick. They could also use their 1st round pick on Davis...good value at 18.

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Because by then the Broncos will have traded him to Buffalo for a kicking tee.

If that should happen I hope they get a pair of cleats to go with it. :lol:

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Before the Pace signing the Bears were planning a trade up for Michael Oher, who they believe could start from day 1. Checking my notes, they also had Vontae Davis as a top 10 player on their board and projected him as an early impact player in the Tampa 2 with excellent mid-round value for them.
They were digging deep on Chris Wells, too - requesting extra tape from his freshman year.

On the Broncos front, I talked to a Broncs coach named Nunnelly at the BC Pro Day. Not sure who he is. He put all the front 7 guys through a private workout and paid a lot of attention to Raji, following him around from a distance for about an hour.

Great so we have coach that stocks fat guys.

broncobryce
04-03-2009, 10:11 PM

The Broncos are interested in Raji?!!?? Who knew? Great insight! Checking my notes.....you are full of shit!!

getlynched47
04-03-2009, 10:14 PM
crap :rolleyes:

Blue Run's information is crap...

I hoped i would never see his posts again........too bad :tsk:

Requiem / The Dagda
04-04-2009, 10:08 AM

Yeah, I'm sure the Bears really wanted Chris Wells. . . ever hear of Matt Forte?

The Broncos are interested in Raji? No ******* way!

underrated29
04-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Do we have any interest in Sanchez? Please tell me we dont..

What about us looking at RBs? Which ones have you heard we liked. What OLB/DE guys in the daft are gaining our interest?

Requiem / The Dagda
04-04-2009, 10:40 AM
U29, I can tell you that the Broncos are in love with Vontae Davis. They want his babies.

Foochacho
04-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Do we have any interest in Sanchez? Please tell me we dont..

What about us looking at RBs? Which ones have you heard we liked. What OLB/DE guys in the daft are gaining our interest?

lol. I can make up some stuff and tell you if you would like.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-04-2009, 10:42 AM
I hear the Broncos are high on Damien Warlock, OLB/DE from Middle Wisconsin State University. In his four years with the Snowmen, he registered 32 tackles, 3.5 sacks and 7.5 of them being for loss. He also forced one fumble and intercepted a ball. Word on the street is Denver is looking to move up in the second or third round to get this bad boy.

underrated29
04-04-2009, 10:43 AM
U29, I can tell you that the Broncos are in love with Vontae Davis. They want his babies.

I want his brother, and his babies.

lol. I can make up some stuff and tell you if you would like.

Yeah, but i like to hear it from him. I dont care if he is a fatass on his coach. He, Blue Run, to me- is the founding father of the bill devaroes of the planet. Therefore i want to hear all he has to say.
:salute:

gobroncsnv
04-04-2009, 10:45 AM
going back to trading up for Sanchez... Agree... I'd LOVE to see us do much more foundationally before we start worrying about any skill positions. Is McD gonna run ZBS? It's not been his scheme before (and from appearances, he's obviously rebuilding with his own mold), and not sure whether our guards can man up as well, if you look at our goal-line/short yardage situations when we try to just push forward. I think Clady and Harris will be ok with other schemes.

But of course, the MOST work he'll still need to do is LB's and DL. I don't think I want to see Moss or Thomas ran off either... If we got a good NT, would be interesting to see Thomas play with a little more space. For MY money, I'd turn these new picks into front 7'ers. Leave QB alone until we see what we got in Orton.

PS, anyone see that Ramsey signed with Tenn?

Requiem / The Dagda
04-04-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm actually serious about the Vontae Davis bit.

turftoad
04-04-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm actually serious about the Vontae Davis bit.

Davis would be OK in my book.

We need to start adding some young talent to our aging secondary.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-04-2009, 11:01 AM
The thing that worries me about Davis is that he's all braun and no brains. That, and the fact that his name has been brought up in testing positive for marijuana at the combine. Obviously like Scott Wright says, a typical boom or bust guy. I think under the right scenario and under the tutelage of Champ (and perhaps Goodman) that he'd be able to succeed. I am always weary of players who lack intangibles because we all know that anyone who is in the NFL physically is there for a reason. Mentally, not everyone is on the same par -- which is where you begin to separate the average players from good players and the good players from the greats.

I know I'm being awfully ambiguous by stating that the Broncos have a good interest in Vontae Davis without getting into specifics, but I trust who I got this information from. Same guy who said at least a month in advance of the draft that the Broncos were "ga-ga" over some kid named Tony Scheffler, who they happened to draft in the second round in 2006. Of course, we have "interest" in a lot of prospects (which makes posts like these and questions regarding them rather silly) -- but on good authority I can tell you that the Broncos are interested in Vontae Davis' services at cornerback.

He has All-Pro potential, his play on the field speaks for itself. But can he muster the mental capacity and dedicate himself as a student of a game to reach that potential? We'll have to wait and see. At #18, Davis is a solid possibility.

underrated29
04-04-2009, 11:14 AM
The thing that worries me about Davis is that he's all braun and no brains. That, and the fact that his name has been brought up in testing positive for marijuana at the combine. Obviously like Scott Wright says, a typical boom or bust guy. I think under the right scenario and under the tutelage of Champ (and perhaps Goodman) that he'd be able to succeed. I am always weary of players who lack intangibles because we all know that anyone who is in the NFL physically is there for a reason. Mentally, not everyone is on the same par -- which is where you begin to separate the average players from good players and the good players from the greats.

I know I'm being awfully ambiguous by stating that the Broncos have a good interest in Vontae Davis without getting into specifics, but I trust who I got this information from. Same guy who said at least a month in advance of the draft that the Broncos were "ga-ga" over some kid named Tony Scheffler, who they happened to draft in the second round in 2006. Of course, we have "interest" in a lot of prospects (which makes posts like these and questions regarding them rather silly) -- but on good authority I can tell you that the Broncos are interested in Vontae Davis' services at cornerback.

He has All-Pro potential, his play on the field speaks for itself. But can he muster the mental capacity and dedicate himself as a student of a game to reach that potential? We'll have to wait and see. At #18, Davis is a solid possibility.

White wabbit?

I love this stuff. If you could post these things they tell you i would love it...Thats the stuff i cant get enough of.....Thats why i enjoy blue runs posts so much. real or not, i cant get enough.

Broncolingus
04-04-2009, 11:15 AM
What a rude reminder of the serious nature of changing coaches! Bowlen backs out on my man Spagnuolo and hires a guy most in the league were concerned about - Josh McDaniels. And his first move is to run Jay Cutler out of town? Wow. Spagnuolo hasn't done anything major in STL but has cut some dead weight and is re-tooling the defensive roster accordingly. Lots of big cuts. I was reluctant to post here again because I do not wish to hint at an I told you so regarding the coaching. Hindsight is 20/20 and neither has even coached a game yet.
That said, as promised, I have returned for the draft season and have some interesting news regarding the Broncos draft psyche, should there be any interest. If I have worn out my welcome Broncos fans, no hard feelings. But I wanted to hold up my word after everything this forum afforded us during the early offseason. Pins and needles but the gavel has fallen in certain areas.

Maybe we should play a few games first and see what the W-L record is before we start evaluating coaches...

Oh, and I thought it was Cutler that demanded the trade - McDaniels and Bowlen traded him against his will?

Requiem / The Dagda
04-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Well, no it isn't Wabbit from the Mane. I haven't talked to Wabbit for a long time and quite honestly, I never got anything from Wabbit anyways, unless it was just some playful banter back and forth regarding trades and possibilities. I don't like being rude, and perhaps Blue Run's posts do have some substance to them; but it is hard to buy them, IMHO.

It's the NFL Draft -- where there are rumors and ideas that are coming out daily. The hardest thing is filtering the shit from the stuff of substance. Not saying Blue Run is completely full of it, but nothing there strikes me or indicates me as anything truly or really legitimate, besides the Captain Obvious interest in B.J. Raji.

U29, if I ever hear anything (because well sometimes I do, and I often ask) you'd be one of the first people to know -- as would this forum. Unfortunately, I've been displaced from my home due to the flood, haven't talked to many people and quite frankly haven't been around much. Also, the real good stuff should be coming out this month regarding the draft. This is when boards are getting finalized and real ideas and plans are getting made. I'd expect to hear some hot news and rumors within the next few weeks or so regarding Denver's potential plans. Maybe. We'll see. I've just been fortunate with the Crowder/Harris/Cutler/Scheffler/Clady stuff from the past few years. Right people, right times I guess.

Drrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaft season.

GEM
04-04-2009, 12:09 PM
I don't get all the hate on Blue Run. He speculates, JUST LIKE THE REST OF YOU with your draft picks in your signature lines, with your vast knowledge of the draft. I mean....if you don't like hearing the speculation, why go into the thread? No one is forced to take him seriously....until draft day all of the draft speculation is just that....SPECULATION. It's just another opinion to mix into the hundreds of opinions around this place.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-04-2009, 12:13 PM
*facepalm* *double facepalm* Well GEM, I don't know what to tell ya. . .

GEM
04-04-2009, 12:18 PM
*facepalm* *double facepalm* Well GEM, I don't know what to tell ya. . .

Didn't say you needed to know what to tell me. You throw out just as much speculation as he does. It's all just talk until the draft, why try to run the guy off?

underrated29
04-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I don't get all the hate on Blue Run. He speculates, JUST LIKE THE REST OF YOU with your draft picks in your signature lines, with your vast knowledge of the draft. I mean....if you don't like hearing the speculation, why go into the thread? No one is forced to take him seriously....until draft day all of the draft speculation is just that....SPECULATION. It's just another opinion to mix into the hundreds of opinions around this place.

I agree Gem. And if he is for real i appreciate his insight.

He did say we were going to make a run at peppers, so far thats held true. He did say if not julius we would go after berry. That didnt happen though. He did say the giants were working a trade for edwards. That seemed to have had talks. And that they were going to release plax...which isnt a surprise.

I do want to hear what he has to say about who we are intersted in in the draft. The giants too. I am not saying he is right, wrong or the other, but i want all the info i can get. And all the different view points out there.

Blue- did you see my post i had for you. Look back.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-04-2009, 12:23 PM
There is a difference between speculation and coming in with alleged knowledge of the "Broncos psyche" and spouting it off as absolute truth. I guess for me, I will only state something if there is substance behind it. (See Vontae Davis, bit.) Considering Blue Run has been wrong on about everything he's stated thus far -- it's hard for people, especially myself to believe him. I trust Bill Devaroe more than anyone though and he hasn't led us astray yet.

Nomad
04-04-2009, 12:25 PM

Assumptions and speculations makes fans who they are....NFL gurus!:lol: We're geniuses when we're right and make excuses when we're wrong!;)

GEM
04-04-2009, 12:28 PM
There is a difference between speculation and coming in with alleged knowledge of the "Broncos psyche" and spouting it off as absolute truth. I guess for me, I will only state something if there is substance behind it. (See Vontae Davis, bit.) Considering Blue Run has been wrong on about everything he's stated thus far -- it's hard for people, especially myself to believe him. I trust Bill Devaroe more than anyone though and he hasn't led us astray yet.

But you love Bill Devaroe. *giggles*

slim
04-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Didn't say you needed to know what to tell me. You throw out just as much speculation as he does. It's all just talk until the draft, why try to run the guy off?

The difference is no one else is claiming to have inside information. Everyone knows dream is full of shit, so we don't bother listening to him. :welcome:

Seriously, you don't think dream takes crap for some of his speculation? I can assure you that he does, as does everyone here.

Again, the difference is no one else is pretending to be something they are not.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Slim, I love you man.

gobroncsnv
04-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Well, just look at all of the "experts" in ANY field... How many times have economists been surprised by stock trends? Weatherguessers? And, on pretty much an equal footing, NFL draft analysts?
If the spec doesn't fit my world view of the NFL, and particularly, Denver, it's still interesting to hear. How few the posts on this board would be if you could only discuss actual facts... There's a lot of folks who post who provide alot of good insights and logic with respect to these boards, but they still end up being wrong.
It's all good. I ignore the stuff that I think is crap, and hope that it doesn't happen. This is all for entertainment, as are the actual regular season games, playoffs, and SB. Can't take this too seriously...

SmilinAssasSin27
04-04-2009, 01:01 PM

We speculate...he pretends to have inside info. he is an assclown.

BeefStew25
04-04-2009, 01:04 PM
We speculate...he pretends to have inside info. he is an assclown.

You guys sure treat your fellow fans with no respect if you don't agree with them. Good luck next year!

SmilinAssasSin27
04-04-2009, 01:08 PM
You guys sure treat your fellow fans with no respect if you don't agree with them. Good luck next year!

We treat people who deserve respect, with respect. This dude came out of nowhere claiming to have inside info and having chatted w/ bigwigs of multiple teams. ALL of what he has claimed to be gospel has fallen thru and we now have "proof" that he is a fraud. I have no issue w/ any person who is a fan of Denver, or any other squad, if they come corrrect. Many here see this dude as a joke who is just spewing bile to get his chuckles when folks bite. We all have our own peronsal foibles. I, for one, like to mock draft the hell out of the offseason. I don't pretend to be an insider or expert, but I do watch a lot of college ball and I do have my perceptions and opinions. I never claim to KNOW what is going on nehind closed door...like some bags of douche like to do.

DenBronx
04-04-2009, 01:16 PM
blue run is a phony. this has been proven and discussed in several of his threads. one of the guys from the mane created a dummy account to try and stir everything up. nothing he says comes true so remain gulible if you like.

dogfish
04-04-2009, 02:02 PM

million dollar body, ten cent head-- just like his brother. . . . gimme a pass rusher at 18. . . .

getlynched47
04-04-2009, 02:07 PM
blue run is a phony. this has been proven and discussed in several of his threads. one of the guys from the mane created a dummy account to try and stir everything up. nothing he says comes true so remain gulible if you like.

didn't he guarantee that Spags would be our next head coach and lure Brandon Jacobs to Denver? (I wish that were the case :()

DenBronx
04-04-2009, 02:08 PM
million dollar body, ten cent head-- just like his brother. . . . gimme a pass rusher at 18. . . .

what do you think about trading one of our first for peppers? wouldnt you rather have him then tyson jackson?

DenBronx
04-04-2009, 02:09 PM
didn't he guarantee that Spags would be our next head coach and lure Brandon Jacobs to Denver? (I wish that were the case :()

yep and bring in their middle linebacker too.

i actually wish it would have been true though.

dogfish
04-04-2009, 02:21 PM
what do you think about trading one of our first for peppers? wouldnt you rather have him then tyson jackson?

i'm kinda on the fence. . . obviously getting a stud like peppers is a GREAT addition to any football team, and getting a proven elite pass rusher is a lot safer than taking a rookie unknown. . . . peppers would add some serious excitement to this offseason, and bringing in someone like that basically allows you to skip a couple of steps in the rebuilding process and have a chance at being a legit defense that much sooner. . .

OTOH, he's 29-years old and will require a HUGE contract. . . . IF you can draft an effective player with that pick (even if he's not on the same level as peppers), then you fill a hole for much, MUCH cheaper, and do so with a player that you can build around for a decade instead of three, maybe four years. . .

i can definitely see both sides of the equation, and i don't necessarily think that there is one right answer. . . given where i see us at right now, i'd probably lean towards keeping the pick and trying to draft that long term solution. . . don't get me wrong, if we do make a run at peppers i'll be as excited as the next guy, but i'm not convinced that he can make our D legit by himself-- IMO that's really more the type of move you make when you think you're close to being a contender, not when you're in rebuilding mode. . . .

SmilinAssasSin27
04-04-2009, 02:26 PM
If we drafted Tyson at 12 and traded the 18 for Peppers, I'd be cool with it, but I don't think it's a Tyson or Peppers scenario. I'd personally rather have Tyson...and here is why:

1-Tyson is much younger
2-Tyson will cost MUCH less
3-Tyson is a DE while Peppers wants to be a OLB
4-Peppers "trying" OLB at age 29 is very risky...especially given the pricetag. Peppers isn't proven at OLB...but he'd CLEARLY be the better 4-3 DE.

Blue Run
04-04-2009, 03:09 PM
I can see that Broncos fans don't want me here and will not continue to post. And I only returned because I promised some draft nuggets as we approach. There is also a potential blockbuster in the works that I shouldn't start a new thread on - they're fielding calls for Brandon Marshall. I know because the Giants are one of those teams - although it's becoming clear that Braylon Edwards is headed to NY. But there are other fish nipping at the BM hook. Keep your eye on it - not sure how Broncos fans would feel about that. Giants only offered a 3.