PDA

View Full Version : How can this be happening?

fcspikeit
04-03-2009, 06:59 PM
This is something I wrote a couple weeks ago. I never posted it. I guess I was afraid of what it means and I didn’t want to accept that.. Well I am posting it now..

Warning this is going to be long and to some it won’t be worth reading. For those who don’t know me you probably won’t care anyways so you might want to just close this thread and go about your day.

I have been going over the Cutler McDaniels situation for the last couple days. I can’t believe what is happening with the Broncos… I am shocked. I also can’t believe how some fail to see the magnitude of what is happening. With all the new signings and up coming draft, this should be an exciting time in Broncos land; instead, we fans are torn apart. Maybe some don’t want to consider the magnitude because they are afraid of what it means?

I will do my best to paint the picture I see..

Cutler was hesitant at first to except losing his coach and great friend Bates. He then decides to make the best of it and embraces the change, he decides to let his guard down and except Josh McDaniels as the man he will be joined at the hip with in the up coming season.

Cutler has been in Dove Valley for the last couple weeks in his off season trying to get to know McDaniels and learn his new schemes and playbook. He suspects something is wrong by the way McDaniels and others are acting around him. He then hears a rumor its all for nothing because McDaniels wants to trade him. He contacts his agent with his concerns.. His agent then calls the Broncos FO to ask about the rumors, They tell him, “We have received inquiries about a possible Cutler trade” He says at no time did they ever tell him not to worry because they weren’t trading Cutler. So what is Cutler to think?

Then he hears more rumors that there is a pending trade going on. He contacts his agent again. His agent can’t get in contact with the FO, he says he was blocked out. He tells Cutler they won’t discus the matter with him. How hard would it have been to simply tell his agent, “we’re not trading Cutler, don’t worry about it!” if that in fact had been the case? Again, what is Cutler to think?

By now he is upset and believes without a doubt McDaniels wants to trade him, after all, all the facts point to that being true. The deal falls through and McDaniels misses out on getting Cassel. There are more rumors going around that the Broncos were going to trade Cutler, and that “he was gone” if the deal hadn’t fallen through.

Cutler tells the media, he believes the Broncos are trying to trade him, he tells the media he wants to play for the Broncos and that he believes even though it has taken a couple steps back, his relationship with McDaniels can be mended and he wants the opportunity to play with his teammates in Denver again next year. Simple enough right?

At that point, McDaniels could have mended the bridges with Cutler even though he did in fact try and trade him. So what does he do? When first asked he says, “He won’t address the question.” A rumor surfaces which says, “Cutler is upset and asked to be traded.” Cutler addresses that by saying, “I never asked to be traded, I want to play for the Broncos” It comes out that he never asked to be traded, his agent asked if they could talk to the teams the Broncos were trying to trade him too.. The Broncos denied them the right to talk to those teams.. This only made sense beings the brain trust had apparently decided to cover everything up

After McDaniels finally decides to offer a statement, he says “We don’t want to trade Cutler, we never wanted to trade Cutler” If that were the case, why didn’t he just say that when first asked? If there was nothing going on, why did he need to wait and then decide to just tell the truth? Come on now, does that make any sense at all?

So instead of trying to make a mends, McDaniels turned the attention back on Cutler, as if he was making all this up. Now some people are calling Cutler a drama queen and looking at him as if he’s some kind of locker room cancer. This upsets Cutler even more because not only did McDaniels try and trade him, he is lying about it and making Cutler look bad.

A story comes out that Cutler refused to meet with the FO. Cutlers agent responds with, “there is nor was there ever a scheduled meeting between Cutler and the FO”. But the story served its purpose it took more light off of McDaniels and the FO and put it on Cutler.

Coincidently, there is also a short little quit of a rumor made by King shortly after that, it says, “Cutler asked to be traded when Bates was let go” How could this not have came out before? This rumor now has more people turning on Cutler. The ridicules timing of that rumor sure seemed to help the FO out in taking the spotlight off of them and demonized Cutler at the same time. No one else has picked up on that rumor by the way. I’m sure guys like Shefter would have looked into it to see if there was any truth to it so they could offer their take, yet nothing was said by anyone else about it. Funny thing how such a story breaking discovery isn’t even recognized by credible journalist like Shefter, wouldn’t you say?

I believe McDaniels had a hand in both those rumors, I believe he wants Cutler off the team and he wants the fans support when he does it.

Now, if Cutler is right about McDaniels trying to trade him, he wasn’t being a drama queen, he wasn’t making something out of nothing. At this moment it appears the FO would rather let Cutler take unwarranted criticism instead of coming clean. Bowlen has to know McDaniels tried to trade Cutler, how could he not? Is he really willing to stand back and allow Cutler to be thrown under the bus to cover up what McDaniels tried to do? A respectful owner wouldn’t do that! Hell, a respectful person wouldn’t let an innocent person get judged for something they didn’t deserve.

If Pat is the man he is claimed to be, the man most including myself believe him to be, he will do what’s right and demand for McDaniels to make this right by Cutler! He won’t allow Cutler to take the fall for this. He needs to tell McDaniels, this isn’t the Patriots organization! The Broncos don’t treat our players like this! I won’t allow you to treat my players like this! Now get your ass out there and make this right or I will find someone who will proudly represent my team.

I can forgive McDaniels for making a rookie mistake but he has to come clean and stop trying to cover it up.

If this is allowed to continue on the present course, I don’t know what to do? I have rooted for the Broncos for as long as I have watched football, (23 years) I just don’t see as how I can support a team who conducts business in such ways. There is no way I can support a coach who would do everything in his power to wrongfully put the blame on Cutler in an effort to show face and cover up his actions.

I never thought I could ever say that about the Broncos. I can’t believe what Mcdaniels has been able to do..
So here we are. I can’t believe at how so many Broncos fans are running Cutler down.. It makes me sick, seriously ill.. Did you ever stop to think, what if Cutler was telling the truth all along? What if he never wanted out of Denver? He was a Bronco for 3 years. We cheered him and welcomed him as our own. He was initially upset because he wanted to be a Bronco and he felt McDaniels wanted to trade him. I can’t believe it, Broncos fans are really going to attack a guy because he wants to be a Bronco and is upset because he feels McDaniels isn’t going to give him the chance to play for this team. The same team we all also support. That makes him a baby? Because he was out spoken about not wanting to leave?

Had he said anything about not wanting to be a Bronco anymore? All he ever said was that if the Broncos couldn’t commit to him long term he would rather play for someone who would.

Some say he secretly wanted out after Shanny and Bates left, what sense does that really make? Was Bates and Shanny going to be coaching on the team he got traded to? If he did want out it had to be something McDaniels said or did that made him not want to play for him. Cutler was a Bronco; it was a Bronco against the new coach who is also supposed to be a Bronco. How does that make Cutler the bad guy?

I stood behind this guy for 3 years because he was a Bronco. I’m damn sure not going to turn on him because he was upset about the new HC trying to trade him away from the team he wanted to play for, my team.. I just can’t understand why any Bronco fan would fault the guy for wanting to be a Bronco?

Seriously think about it, if he never accepted or tried to work with McDaniels, why would he have been in Dove Valley working with McDaniels for the 2 weeks before the trade talks? This didn’t start because Cutler wanted out. It started because McDaniels actions lead Cutler to believe he wanted him out. He didn’t assure Cutler he was wrong.. He didn’t go out of his way to show Cutler he wasn’t going to trade him. In fact he allowed all the trade talks to continue by saying he didn’t know what was going to happen in the future. Then just before Cutler was allowed to come to the voluntary camp, Pat Bowlen gave “permission” to Mcdaniels to trade him.

McDaniels got exactly what he wanted. He even done one better then that. He was able to turn the Broncos fans on Cutler for wanting to be a Bronco. Now those same fans Cutler was upset because he wanted to play for are calling him names and running him in the ground. I’m sure if Cutler read this board he would be happy he got traded away after seeing how the people he wanted to play for have turned on him just for wanting to play for them.

I hate McDaniels for this. He came in, attacked a Bronco and we fans instead of standing up for one of our own, we joined in with McDaniels and pushed Cutler out the door. How could people be so stupid and easily manipulated?

Now I am really in a bad spot, the only team I have fully supported all my life is the Broncos. But I can’t hope success on McDaniels after what he has done. By can’t a mean just that, I can’t! I want him to lose! I want him to fail so miserably he is the laughing stock of the NFL Because of what he has done to my team. I hate him because I love the Broncos.. Now as bad as I want to root for the Broncos as I always have, I know if they played tomorrow I would be cheering for McDaniels to lose. Who knows, maybe 5 months from now when they take the field I will be hoping they come out ahead at the end of the game? I will certainly be wishing success on a lot of the Broncos players.
Including the guy who has said nothing but that he wanted to be a Bronco, who now will be leading the bears into the post season..

I am actually kind of excited for Cutler. He ended up on a better all around team and he is now playing for a FO and fan base that recognizes what he has to offer.

Good luck Jay! Thank you for everything you have done for the Broncos.. You will be missed!!!

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Go root for the Bears.

nevcraw
04-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Go root for the Bears.

you stay up late working on that little piece of constructive feedback?

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Go root for the Bears.

Childish and gay.

Spike, come aboard.

silkamilkamonico
Let's build that defense!

BroncoJoe
. . .

Good luck Jay! Thank you for everything you have done for the Broncos.. You will be missed!!!

Yeah. Thanks for taking an AFC Championship game team, then a 7-4 team to 9-7, then 7-9, then 8-8.

THANKS! :beer:

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 07:07 PM
you stay up late working on that little piece of constructive feedback?

Forgive me. Weeks and weeks of ridiculous and unintelligent rants have me at a breaking point.

Denver27og
04-03-2009, 07:09 PM
FFFFFF MCDICK and bowlen

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 07:09 PM
FFFFFF MCDICK and bowlen

Good luck with the Bears next year.

honz
04-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah. Thanks for taking an AFC Championship game team, then a 7-4 team to 9-7, then 7-9, then 8-8.

THANKS! :beer:
And wiggling your way out of Denver as you lied to the organization and fanbase. :salute:

Denver27og
04-03-2009, 07:11 PM

good luck with mchitler.. FO has no backbone.. lyin SOBS

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 07:13 PM
good luck with mchitler.. FO has no backbone.. lyin SOBS

Do you need some help over to a Bears board?

hotcarl
04-03-2009, 07:13 PM
im going to start writing posts and posting ideas for next month thanks for the idea!
:welcome:

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 07:14 PM

Thank you sir.

Denver27og
04-03-2009, 07:15 PM
well i was reading some bears forums... they were all wishing orton well off... cheering him on for his new team... but you guys.. the way you just dismiss cutler and talk all that smack about him?? you guys should really get the story straight first... fools... is it all broncos fans or just you bichasses on this forum??

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 07:16 PM
well i was reading some bears forums... they were all wishing orton well off... cheering him on for his new team... but you guys.. the way you just dismiss cutler and talk all that smack about him?? you guys should really get the story straight first... fools... is it all broncos fans or just you bichasses on this forum??

Maybe he shouldn't have demanded a trade and lied.

Just maybe...I dunno...

But, now I'm the *******, right?

BroncoJoe
04-03-2009, 07:17 PM

http://www.dabearz.com/forums/

Enjoy.

claymore
04-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Maybe he shouldn't have demanded a trade and lied.

Just maybe...I dunno...

But, now I'm the *******, right?

Youve been that way before the cutler scenario.

honz
04-03-2009, 07:19 PM
I would be wishing Cutler well if he wasn't the one that wanted this trade to happen. Hell, I'd probably be wishing him well if he hadn't have come out and idiotically said "I never wanted to be traded" a couple of days ago.

DenBronx
04-03-2009, 07:21 PM
fcspikeit your post couldnt have said it any better. you should have actually posted it when you wrote it though.

and dont pay any attention to the nimwits and their comments. their only responses are cutler was horrible because the broncos went 17-20 while he was the qb.

i wonder if the vikings should trade peterson? :rolleyes:

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 07:23 PM
fcspikeit your post couldnt have said it any better. you should have actually posted it when you wrote it though.

and dont pay any attention to the nimwits and their comments. their only responses are cutler was horrible because the broncos went 17-20 while he was the qb.

Actually...that hasn't been my point at all, nimwit. Cutler is gone for a reason. Open up your eyes for a change.

Or, maybe, go root for the Bears.

Did you hear, they have this new, great quarterback.

:rolleyes:

Tned
04-03-2009, 07:25 PM
im going to start writing posts and posting ideas for next month thanks for the idea!
:welcome:

In this situation, the proper use is "I'm going....." not "im going".

No need to thank me, I'm just here to help.

T

CrazyHorse
04-03-2009, 07:26 PM

Yeah. The Vikings should trade Peterson. He's a fumble machine and can't stay healthy.
He'd be a perfect fit for the Broncos.

CrazyHorse
04-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Dan Reeves should have traded Elway when he had the chance too.

nevcraw
04-03-2009, 07:36 PM
I would be wishing Cutler well if he wasn't the one that wanted this trade to happen. Hell, I'd probably be wishing him well if he hadn't have come out and idiotically said "I never wanted to be traded" a couple of days ago.

Says who? the same people who said "we never tried to trade Cutler" and a then a week later "we did take part in trade discussions..

Sounds just like another well known truth destroyer....

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman. "

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Says who? the same people who said "we never tried to trade Cutler" and a then a week later "we did take part in trade discussions..

Sounds just like another well known truth destroyer....

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman. "

"Trade me."

"I didn't think it would come to this."

Pick your poison.

Your boy lied, in public.

McDaniels only lied in private, supposedly.

You pick which one you believe. Considering Cutler is gone, I think I'll stick with my front office.

DenBronx
04-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Actually...that hasn't been my point at all, nimwit. Cutler is gone for a reason. Open up your eyes for a change.

Or, maybe, go root for the Bears.

Did you hear, they have this new, great quarterback.

:rolleyes:

ok, this is getting old. alot of people were pissed when we traded portis, they voiced their opinions on why it was wrong and shouldnt do it. same with cutler. differant situation but alot of fans are partial to certain players mainly because of production on the field. comments like "go root for another team" or "have fun being a bear fan" are more than redundant.

mikeys gone.
bates gone.
cutler gone.
sheff on his way out.

im pissed and will remain pissed but ill still root for my team on sundays.

and you know what, alot of people think this whole situation sucks but to question our fan hood makes you seem like a jackass. :throwrock:

CrazyHorse
04-03-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't trust anyone. Neither party is 100% honest.

fcspikeit
04-03-2009, 07:45 PM

The only reason I didn't post it was because it came across as an ultimatum.

That was never my intent. I love the Broncos and I really wanted them to do the right thing by Cutler.. No one heard Cutler say, I want to be traded. Again his agent supposedly told the broncos brass that… We really don’t know what was said, that was translated into, “Cutler asked to be traded”. Some say him saying, “if the Broncos won’t commit to me I would rather be traded” is saying he wants to be traded. For all we know that is all that was said to Xman.

People want to say Cutler was lying when he said he didn’t want to be traded.. Here’s a question for you, do you think the Bears or any of the other teams that tried to get him believe that?

Why in the hell would they give up 3 high picks and a high character starter for a guy who would do so much to make the organization look bad? Cutler would have no other reason to lie. The Broncos were going to trade him, if that’s what he wanted all along, there was no reason to lie about it unless he was simply trying to make Bowlen and the Broncos look bad.. Would you want a guy who for no reason would try and make you look like a lier on your team? Let alone give up so much to get that guy?

The reason this all started was because Cutler was upset by the trade talks and he wanted to be a Bronco.. I really don’t know how that translates into Cutler not wanting to be a Bronco?

If he just wanted to be traded, there was no need for him to do or say what he did. He could have just never showed up and he would have got his wish. There would have been no reason at all for him to be in Dove Valley for over 2 weeks trying to get a jump start on leading the Broncos in the new system. Why would he have done that if he didn’t want to be a Bronco. We know after all this happened he had no problem not coming in..

NameUsedBefore
04-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Discussion shouldn't be instantly delegated to "Oh, go root for the Bears."

A rookie head coach just traded a 25-yr old franchise QB. That is NFL history, completely unprecedented. I think that warrants some discussion.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 07:46 PM
I really don’t know how that translates into Cutler not wanting to be a Bronco?

I hope you're kidding.

Overtime
04-03-2009, 07:50 PM
This is something I wrote a couple weeks ago. I never posted it. I guess I was afraid of what it means and I didn’t want to accept that.. Well I am posting it now..

So here we are. I can’t believe at how so many Broncos fans are running Cutler down.. It makes me sick, seriously ill.. Did you ever stop to think, what if Cutler was telling the truth all along? What if he never wanted out of Denver? He was a Bronco for 3 years. We cheered him and welcomed him as our own. He was initially upset because he wanted to be a Bronco and he felt McDaniels wanted to trade him. I can’t believe it, Broncos fans are really going to attack a guy because he wants to be a Bronco and is upset because he feels McDaniels isn’t going to give him the chance to play for this team. The same team we all also support. That makes him a baby? Because he was out spoken about not wanting to leave?

Had he said anything about not wanting to be a Bronco anymore? All he ever said was that if the Broncos couldn’t commit to him long term he would rather play for someone who would.

Some say he secretly wanted out after Shanny and Bates left, what sense does that really make? Was Bates and Shanny going to be coaching on the team he got traded to? If he did want out it had to be something McDaniels said or did that made him not want to play for him. Cutler was a Bronco; it was a Bronco against the new coach who is also supposed to be a Bronco. How does that make Cutler the bad guy?

I stood behind this guy for 3 years because he was a Bronco. I’m damn sure not going to turn on him because he was upset about the new HC trying to trade him away from the team he wanted to play for, my team.. I just can’t understand why any Bronco fan would fault the guy for wanting to be a Bronco?

Seriously think about it, if he never accepted or tried to work with McDaniels, why would he have been in Dove Valley working with McDaniels for the 2 weeks before the trade talks? This didn’t start because Cutler wanted out. It started because McDaniels actions lead Cutler to believe he wanted him out. He didn’t assure Cutler he was wrong.. He didn’t go out of his way to show Cutler he wasn’t going to trade him. In fact he allowed all the trade talks to continue by saying he didn’t know what was going to happen in the future. Then just before Cutler was allowed to come to the voluntary camp, Pat Bowlen gave “permission” to Mcdaniels to trade him.

McDaniels got exactly what he wanted. He even done one better then that. He was able to turn the Broncos fans on Cutler for wanting to be a Bronco. Now those same fans Cutler was upset because he wanted to play for are calling him names and running him in the ground. I’m sure if Cutler read this board he would be happy he got traded away after seeing how the people he wanted to play for have turned on him just for wanting to play for them.

I hate McDaniels for this. He came in, attacked a Bronco and we fans instead of standing up for one of our own, we joined in with McDaniels and pushed Cutler out the door. How could people be so stupid and easily manipulated?

Now I am really in a bad spot, the only team I have fully supported all my life is the Broncos. But I can’t hope success on McDaniels after what he has done. By can’t a mean just that, I can’t! I want him to lose! I want him to fail so miserably he is the laughing stock of the NFL Because of what he has done to my team. I hate him because I love the Broncos.. Now as bad as I want to root for the Broncos as I always have, I know if they played tomorrow I would be cheering for McDaniels to lose. Who knows, maybe 5 months from now when they take the field I will be hoping they come out ahead at the end of the game? I will certainly be wishing success on a lot of the Broncos players.
Including the guy who has said nothing but that he wanted to be a Bronco, who now will be leading the bears into the post season..

I am actually kind of excited for Cutler. He ended up on a better all around team and he is now playing for a FO and fan base that recognizes what he has to offer.

hate to break it to ya, but this all really irrevelant. Cutler is gone, what is done is done and can't be undone, and it's time to move forward. things will settle down and we'll get rolling, and before ya know it we'll be a good strong football team that can go deep in the playoffs, and all will be forgiven.

chin up, back straight, shoulders level, and fo'wad martch! into battle and onto victory!!!

DenBronx
04-03-2009, 07:54 PM
hate to break it to ya, but this all really irrevelant. Cutler is gone, what is done is done and can't be undone, and it's time to move forward. things will settle down and we'll get rolling, and before ya know it we'll be a good strong football team that can go deep in the playoffs, and all will be forgiven.

chin up, back straight, shoulders level, and fo'wad martch! into battle and onto victory!!!

did you even read his letter? what part of "Good luck Jay! Thank you for everything you have done for the Broncos.. You will be missed!!!" didnt you get?

KCL
04-03-2009, 07:56 PM
:violin:

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 07:59 PM
did you even read his letter? what part of "Good luck Jay! Thank you for everything you have done for the Broncos.. You will be missed!!!" didnt you get?

You don't read very well.

Sorry to break it to you.

fcspikeit
04-03-2009, 07:59 PM
I hope you're kidding.

Why would I be kidding? I don't care how you slice it. Saying I would rather play for someone else if you don't want me is not the same as saying i don't want to be here..

DenBronx
04-03-2009, 08:00 PM
You don't read very well.

Sorry to break it to you.

and....
read the bottom of his post. :coffee:

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Why would I be kidding? I don't care how you slice it. Saying I would rather play for someone else if you don't want me is not the same as saying i don't want o be here..

You're officially delusional.

Cutler DEMANDED a trade.

What part of this don't you understand?

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 08:02 PM
and....you still fall under the nimwit category.

read the bottom of his post. :coffee:

The bottom of what post?

The posters in this thread are worse than Jay Cutler. In fact they are so blinded by their man-love for Cutler, that can't even think clearly.

Shazam!
04-03-2009, 08:03 PM
"Good luck Jay, thanks for showing your true colors and proving what an arrogant, self centered son-of-a-bitch you really are! Thanks for wasting the last few years and telling us all we should've never drafted you and kept Jake Plummer! You're the best!! Woooooo!"

I don't think so... If you are embarassed by real Broncos fans, get lost. We are loyal to the organization first and players second. When you screw the organization, you are dead to us. Eddie Kennison anybody?

fcspikeit
04-03-2009, 08:03 PM
You're officially delusional.

Cutler DEMANDED a trade.

What part of this don't you understand?

You heard him say that? Where did he "DEMAND" a trade?

claymore
04-03-2009, 08:05 PM
"Good luck Jay, thanks for showing your true colors and proving what an arrogant, self centered son-of-a-bitch you really are! Thanks for wasting the last few years and telling us all we should've never drafted you and kept Jake Plummer! You're the best!! Woooooo!"

I don't think so... If you are embarassed by real Broncos fans, get lost. We are loyal to the organization first and players second. When you screw the organization, you are dead to us. Eddie Kennison anybody?

We were never better off with Plummer. Im not going to argue that shit, but Plummers worth was a #4. Plummers worth, 2 #1's, a 3rd, and Kyle Orton.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 08:06 PM
You heard him say that? Where did he "DEMAND" a trade?

Wow...seriously...you're actually going to dispute that?

OK...

I honestly, don't know how to proceed.

You seriously believe that a trade wasn't demanded. :noidea:

Do you really believe that?

I'm honestly having a hard time.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Do you REALLY believe that?

DenBronx
04-03-2009, 08:07 PM

ever hear of a guy named josh mcdaniels?

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 08:08 PM
ever hear of a guy named josh mcdaniels?

Well...then...you're dead to me.

Have fun as a Bears fan.

Day1BroncoFan
04-03-2009, 08:09 PM
http://www.dabearz.com/forums/

Enjoy.

That board is deserted, probably boring too.

claymore
04-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Mo, Eat a piece of bread and drink some water. I think your drunk already.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 08:10 PM
and your still a jackass. have fun slitting your wrist...

How am I slitting my wrist?

I'm not the one over-reacting and being childish.

MOtorboat
Mo, Eat a piece of bread and drink some water. I think your drunk already.

Do you have something intelligent to add?

DenBronx
How am I slitting my wrist?

I'm not the one over-reacting and being childish.

over-reacting on a broncos forum huh?

claymore
04-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Do you have something intelligent to add?

Yeah, lighten up. Allot of folks are upset about this. It takes time, and they are venting.

You are over it. Take your own advice and be the better man, quit trying to make everyone feel stupid for falling in love with a player.

It happens. You probably love Elway or Davis etc...... Think of how you would have felt if Elway or Davis was traded at the peak of your love for them,

Gosh Damn these are Broncos fans. And your rubbing salt in the wounds.

Day1BroncoFan
04-03-2009, 08:15 PM
I just love the pleasantries going around in this thread. The man love is invigorating me.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Yeah, lighten up. Allot of folks are upset about this. It takes time, and they are venting.

You are over it. Take your own advice and be the better man, quit trying to make everyone feel stupid for falling in love with a player.

It happens. You probably love Elway or Davis etc...... Think of how you would have felt if Elway or Davis was traded at the peak of your love for them,

Gosh Damn these are Broncos fans. And your rubbing salt in the wounds.

That's ridiculous. The rants I've heard in the last two weeks, and I'm told to calm down.

That's ridiculous.

omac
04-03-2009, 08:17 PM
fcspikeit's always been a solid poster, and he's one of the guys who helped add to this community in the rocky early stages, and whether you agree with his viewpoints or not, he uses reason in his posts, which are consistently well thought out.

His post here is no exception. I agree with a lot of his points.

Shazam!
04-03-2009, 08:19 PM
The OP suggested he wants McDaniels to fail. That means you want the Broncos to fail. Then you are not a fan.

The drama surrounding the Broncos the past few years is ridiculous I admit but stuff like this is just sickening.

NightTrainLayne
04-03-2009, 08:21 PM
That's enough with the personal attacks guys. You can make your point without the name-calling.

DenBronx
04-03-2009, 08:24 PM
its not that anyone wants mcd to fail but at the rate he is going i can why some think he will fail.

either way, he has his work ahead of him and he'll have to do it with orton. hope it works out for us but i would have loved to see what he could have done with a talented qb like cutler.

if he does terrible this year i can see this being a huge topic next offseason. anything over 5 wins would be a blessing at this point.

DenBronx
04-03-2009, 08:24 PM
That's enough with the personal attacks guys. You can make your point without the name-calling.

can i still give them my O face?

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Man, I hope you guys end up okay. Good luck!

claymore
04-03-2009, 08:26 PM
That's ridiculous. The rants I've heard in the last two weeks, and I'm told to calm down.

That's ridiculous.

MO, I love you, But your over this emotionally. Some arent. I myself am because there isnt anything I can do about it.

Show a little heart and understand that we all love the team in different ways.

People are going to bash mcdaniels, but no one here should be emotionally invested in the guy. He hasnt done ANYTHING for us yet.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 08:28 PM
MO, I love you, But your over this emotionally. Some arent. I myself am because there isnt anything I can do about it.

Show a little heart and understand that we all love the team in different ways.

People are going to bash mcdaniels, but no one here should be emotionally invested in the guy. He hasnt done ANYTHING for us yet.

lol...so...I'm told to "understand" those who support Cutler, while I was bashed repeatedly in the last few months for supporting the front office.

That's quite hilarious, actually.

Shazam!
04-03-2009, 08:30 PM
The past few years have been painful and the defense the worst I have ever seen in Denver, even worse than the last awful defense in 1994... and I thought THAT defense was bad and I would never see one as it's equal in my life. I was wrong.

We should all support the Denver Broncos in doing whatever they think is necessary to get this team to contender-status again.

horsepig
04-03-2009, 08:30 PM

Just us bichasses (?) on this forum "dude". I hope the Windy City has seen the future and shipped in a couple extra truckloads of diapers and, baby bonnets to keep his eyes trained for that weird eye concealing helmet.

claymore
04-03-2009, 08:32 PM
lol...so...I'm told to "understand" those who support Cutler, while I was bashed repeatedly in the last few months for supporting the front office.

That's quite hilarious, actually.

We were all bashed. There isnt a reason for it to continue. Ortons the man. Bowlens the man, and McDaniels is the man.........

We cant do shit about it.

If I had my way DJ williams would be a Ram, and Stephen Jackson would be the greatest Bronco Running back ever.

BigDaddyBronco
04-03-2009, 08:35 PM
We were all bashed. There isnt a reason for it to continue. Ortons the man. Bowlens the man, and McDaniels is the man.........

We cant do shit about it.

If I had my way DJ williams would be a Ram, and Stephen Jackson would be the greatest Bronco Running back ever.

No if you had your way. Portis would still be a Bronco and chicks would be required to show you their hooters.

claymore
04-03-2009, 08:37 PM
No if you had your way. Portis would still be a Bronco and chicks would be required to show you their hooters.

That to. I never liked Bailey. But I justified it with "We wouldnt have been able to get Cutler if we didnt trade Portis". But that didnt work out LOL!

Northman
04-03-2009, 08:48 PM

Wow, are you so misguided. Cutler straight up lied to his teammates and the Broncos fans yet your trying to paint this picture that he is the victim? Its really sad that you have come down to this as i normally love your posts but this is just BS. All i can say is you miss the guy that much than maybe you ought to be like the other guy and just change your allegiance. 3 weeks ago i would of been in Jay's corner had he finally gone and tried to work this out. Instead, he refused to answer phone calls, text messages, pigeon notes, Geico caveman delivery boys, etc. Fact is, your not in a bad spot. Your either a Bronco fan or your not. There's no choice here. You can still support Jay if you like him as a player but if your dabbling with your allegiance than i say piss off. Hate to be brunt but thats how i feel about people who are totally blinded by what has happened these last few weeks. Your information on the sequence of events isnt even correct so no wonder your having issues coming to terms with it.

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Spike, maybe we can go to a game together this year. I have a slew of Hilton points.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 08:49 PM
For anyone who doesn't think that Jay Cutler didn't want to be a Bronco, they need to watch his interview at espn.com.

http://espn.go.com/

claymore
04-03-2009, 08:57 PM
For anyone who doesn't think that Jay Cutler didn't want to be a Bronco, they need to watch his interview at espn.com.

http://espn.go.com/

To be honest, Ive never seen the dude happier. I cant blame him. On the same note, I sure hope these draft picks turn out.

I trust McD for the most part for the draft. As much as I hate the Patriot way, I do like that they bring in blue collar workers.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 08:58 PM
To be honest, Ive never seen the dude happier. I cant blame him. On the same note, I sure hope these draft picks turn out.

I trust McD for the most part for the draft. As much as I hate the Patriot way, I do like that they bring in blue collar workers.

Cutler is a head case.

claymore
04-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Cutler is a head case.
I think he is a stud, but he isnt any of my business any longer.

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Cutler is a head case.

Well, he is our head case. Your life is complete now. Well, except for lack of wool.

KCL
04-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Are you guys for the most part happy with Orton? Honestly.
Guess it's hard to say yet.

claymore
04-03-2009, 09:01 PM

Yes. Im not buying his jersey though.

KCL
04-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Yes. Im not buying his jersey though.

not yet

claymore
04-03-2009, 09:02 PM
not yet

Not until his jersey is retired by the Broncos.

Shazam!
04-03-2009, 09:03 PM
My last two broncos QB jerseys are trash, Plummer and Cutler. I'll wait.

KCL
04-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Not until his jersey is retired by the Broncos.

lol

claymore
04-03-2009, 09:05 PM

I am going to have "Motel" sewn over my Cutler jersye. Motel 6 get it, lol. :pout:

KCL
04-03-2009, 09:08 PM
I am going to have "Motel" sewn over my Cutler jersye. Motel 6 get it, lol. :pout:

cheer up clay...maybe McD will be able to work out a deal with Pioli and Cassel will be your man.

claymore
04-03-2009, 09:09 PM
cheer up clay...maybe McD will be able to work out a deal with Pioli and Cassel will be your man.

Cassel is the only QB out of this whole deal that I dont like.

KCL
04-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Cassel is the only QB out of this whole deal that I dont like.

Your coach does.

claymore
04-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Your coach does.

Nope he never entertained that.......

KCL
04-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Nope he never entertained that.......

Then you need to call jay up and tell him that.Maybe this trade can be undone.

GEM
04-03-2009, 10:18 PM

Clady jersey FTW!!! :D

Poet
04-03-2009, 10:21 PM
This is the worst thread ever. I think Jay Cutler is gay the way so many of you guys ride his penis.

Or, you're gay for him.

My god.

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 10:25 PM

Right now I don't see Orton as long term answer as a starting quarterback.

Poet
04-03-2009, 10:27 PM

He can be your Jon Kitna. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with his play.

claymore
04-03-2009, 10:28 PM
This is the worst thread ever. I think Jay Cutler is gay the way so many of you guys ride his penis.

Or, you're gay for him.

My god.

How is palmer working out for you?

Poet
04-03-2009, 10:29 PM
How is palmer working out for you?

Fantastic. Carson Palmer has kept us in games that we shuldnt have been in, won us games that we shouldn't have won.

If only he was a legitimate center, DE, OLB, safety and punter.

claymore
04-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Fantastic. Carson Palmer has kept us in games that we shuldnt have been in, won us games that we shouldn't have won.

If only he was a legitimate center, DE, OLB, safety and punter.

How would you rate him in comparison to the other QB's you've had?

Poet
04-03-2009, 10:34 PM
How would you rate him in comparison to the other QB's you've had?

That's tough. Kenny Anderson was really really good. Boomer Esasian was great at times and usually above average, but he's a jerk and overrated.

I think Palmer will go down as the Bengal's best QB and second best player of all time.

slim
04-03-2009, 10:42 PM

I saw a Cutler Jersey on the clearance rack at Walmart today for $8 (actually true). I thought about buying it, but we stocked up on toilet paper last week at Costco.

Poet
04-03-2009, 10:44 PM
I saw a Cutler Jersey on the clearance rack at Walmart today for $8 (actually true). I thought about buying it, but we stocked up on toilet paper last week at Costco.

Is 8 bucks too much for a rag?

slim
04-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Is 8 bucks too much for a rag?

Yeah, I think so. I bet I could find a Chad Johnson jersey for half that.

Northman
04-03-2009, 10:46 PM

As far as his personality and work ethic? Absolutely. Just have to wait and see how he performs to get a final opinion.

Poet
04-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I think so. I bet I could find a Chad Johnson jersey for half that.

No sir. Johnson is going to be staying on the back of his jersey so his jersey will be staying at full price.

I hope we trade him on draft day if we get a decent offer.

Shazam!
04-03-2009, 11:04 PM

Even the mediocre of the mediocre QBs can look like All Stars with a good scheme, WRs, and protection. Maybe Orton can resurrect himself here if he is the Starter in September, and help teach our new Rookie that Denver will likely Draft a thing or two. As long as the guy is hungry and wants to be here unlike his predecessor, I won't kill him until he stinks in-game.

BroncoTech
04-03-2009, 11:26 PM
I wish I could share the hopeful attitude but maybe there's a reason no one has traded away a 25 year old pro bowl QB. Me, I smell a skunk already.

Shazam!
04-03-2009, 11:33 PM
The only thing I smell is the smoke people are still blowing up Cutler's ass.

Everyone wants to blame the Broncos triumverate but the truth is he helped this thing reach critical mass.

He's gone. Get over it. Move on. 2009.

Northman
04-04-2009, 12:19 AM
I wish I could share the hopeful attitude but maybe there's a reason no one has traded away a 25 year old pro bowl QB. Me, I smell a skunk already.

Yea, the reason why you dont see it is because the other 25 year olds dont act like their twelve.