PDA

View Full Version : Hayes, McClain and Trufant take physicals during Broncos visit

Denver Native (Carol)
03-16-2012, 08:12 PM
They could always hang out with the cook.

While the Broncos' top three football decision makers — front-office executive John Elway, coach John Fox and general manager Brian Xanders — were on the Duke University campus today watching Peyton Manning throw, the team hosted three defensive free agent players at their Dove Valley headquarters.

Outside linebacker Geno Hayes, a starter the past three years with the Tampa Bay Bucs; inside linebacker Jameel McClain, a two-year starter for the Baltimore Ravens; and cornerback Marcus Trufant, a nine-year starter for the Seattle Seahawks, were given physicals today and met with the defensive coaching staff.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20192272/hayes-mcclain-and-trufant-take-physicals-during-broncos

BroncoStud
03-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Sweet.

pipes
03-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Broncos: Umm yeeeeaaaahhh...umm, so go ahead and look around...make yourselves at home.
There's plenty of refreshment and snacks...feel free to piss in those cups over there and uhh we'll see ya later.

Collectively: you're leaving?

Broncos: oh...yeah...um we have to run. Thanks for stopping by!

pipes
03-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Btw what's up with EFX and thinking their secondary needs to have AARP cards?

wayninja
03-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I like McClain although ILB isn't really our biggest need...

Don't really know much about Hayes, but Trufant... are we that desperate?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-16-2012, 09:02 PM
we currently do not have a MLB who has ever played in the NFL.

DenBronx
03-16-2012, 10:47 PM
I like McClain although ILB isn't really our biggest need...

Don't really know much about Hayes, but Trufant... are we that desperate?

Joe Mays is a free agent and interviewing with other teams. He wasnt all that great to begin with.

MLB is possibly the most critical position on the whole defense.

But yeah, I would say it's a huge area of need and McClain is a star in the making. It would be an excellent signing for us.

And in regards to Trufant. He looks to be an upgrade over Goody and I can live with that.

wayninja
03-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Joe Mays is a free agent and interviewing with other teams. He wasnt all that great to begin with.

MLB is possibly the most critical position on the whole defense.

But yeah, I would say it's a huge area of need and McClain is a star in the making. It would be an excellent signing for us.

And in regards to Trufant. He looks to be an upgrade over Goody and I can live with that.

Well, I sorta agree. I think we need a Center most of all, but on Defense a DT before another LB. But yeah, I think McClain would be great and would love to sign him. Just saying its not the #1 priority. Still, I'm most excited by this than any other prospect I've heard of so far (with the obvious exception that we probably won't get).