PDA

View Full Version : Great Conversation with Coach McD

Denver Native (Carol)
04-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Scott and Al had a great conversation with Coach McD, and they did not pull any punches in the questions they ask, or comments they made.

First entry on under On-Demand here:

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/

Also, for any one who missed it, second entry is McD's press conference this morning.

Broncolingus
04-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Scott and Al had a great conversation with Coach McD, and they did not pull any punches in the questions they ask, or comments they made.

Also, for any one who missed it, second entry is McD's press conference this morning.

Thx, C...great listen.

Best part was when he 'talked Al off the ledge.'

Good stuff...

turftoad
04-03-2009, 05:56 PM

That was good Carol. Thanks

BroncoJoe
04-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Fans will come around to this guy. I'm excited.

topscribe
04-03-2009, 06:17 PM

Terrific conversation! Thank you, Madam Librarian! :2thumbs:

-----

scott.475
04-03-2009, 06:48 PM
After watching his NFLN interview and his obvious attempts to conceal his true intentions, it is going to take a long time for me to trust or believe him. Don't get me wrong, he is our coach and I want him to be successful with, but I do not trust him or what he says a single bit right now.

claymore
04-03-2009, 06:55 PM

I had to listen to it before I could salute you. :D

BroncoJoe
04-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Excerpts from the interview I found interesting (not verbatim):

17 two minute drives that yielded one field goal

30 turnovers, 2nd highest

1st team to be top 5 in yards, yet not top 1/2 in points (we were actually 16th, so that is technically top 1/2 but the point is well taken)

Perception that the offense is on a pedastal and the defense caused all of our 8 losses

Ranked 32nd in field position

28th in kickoff return yardage

There is a lot more wrong with this team than simply the defense.

BroncoJoe
04-03-2009, 06:56 PM
I had to listen to it before I could salute you. :D

So, where is the salute?

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 06:57 PM
He sounds like he has his shit together. Good luck guys. I hope we both benefit from the trade!

claymore
04-03-2009, 06:57 PM
So, where is the salute?

Sometimes I really wonder how you convinced MrsBJ to marry you. :tsk:

BroncoJoe
04-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Sometimes I really wonder how you convinced MrsBJ to marry you. :tsk:

I'm a closer.

claymore
04-03-2009, 06:58 PM
He sounds like he has his shit together. Good luck guys. I hope we both benefit from the trade!

Oh my....... :eek:

claymore
04-03-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm a closer.

I think it was a bright sun shiny day and the light reflected off your head, and she couldnt see who asked her. She was in a state of confusion.

BroncoJoe
04-03-2009, 07:03 PM
I think it was a bright sun shiny day and the light reflected off your head, and she couldnt see who asked her. She was in a state of confusion.

Actually, for our first planned date, she ignored me the entire weekend. Her parents (who I had not met at that point) didn't like me. 12 year age difference, previously divorced, etc. They thought I just wanted "a good time".

We met at work, so the Monday following that weekend, I walked up to her desk and said "I'm relieved to see you're still alive..." and walked away.

We spend a couple hours on the phone later that night (she called me) and the rest is history.

Of course, I always wore a hat until she accepted my proposal. Oh, and she didn't know I smoked either.

claymore
04-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Actually, for our first planned date, she ignored me the entire weekend. Her parents (who I had not met at that point) didn't like me. 12 year age difference, previously divorced, etc. They thought I just wanted "a good time".

We met at work, so the Monday following that weekend, I walked up to her desk and said "I'm relieved to see you're still alive..." and walked away.

We spend a couple hours on the phone later that night and the rest is history.

Of course, I always wore a hat until she accepted my proposal. Oh, and she didn't know I smoked either.

So you lied. What did you drive at the time? Probably a convertible VW bug.

Tned
04-03-2009, 07:05 PM
After watching his NFLN interview and his obvious attempts to conceal his true intentions, it is going to take a long time for me to trust or believe him. Don't get me wrong, he is our coach and I want him to be successful with, but I do not trust him or what he says a single bit right now.

It's interesting, Cutler was on Total Access and didn't want to go into many details (maybe cause he lied, who knows), but said he thinks both sides made mistakes and would do it differently if they had it to do over again. McDaniels in this radio interview put the blame 100% on Jay.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 07:05 PM

Lying is OK.

Ask Jay Cutler.

Requiem / The Dagda
04-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Josh McDaniels is my hero.

BroncoJoe
04-03-2009, 07:08 PM

Clay, have you seen my picture? Of course I lied!

And, no. I was driving a Nissan 200SX. Which was later traded for a minivan. :tsk:

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 07:20 PM
The conversation that McDaniels had with the Alfred and Jim was pretty good. I hope he has the success that he is striving for.

claymore
04-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Clay, have you seen my picture? Of course I lied!

And, no. I was driving a Nissan 200SX. Which was later traded for a minivan. :tsk:

I drove one for 5 years. I felt like a girl in high school, great car, I just couldnt force myself to drive it anymore.

Tned
04-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Just listened to it. Nice interview. He definately has a BIG ego. You can see it both how he blamed the problem 100% on Jay, but also when he ended it with telling Alfred to get off the ledge and trust him -- give him a chance. He was talking about being 3-0 in September, so at least right now he doesn't sound like a guy who thinks they will be rebuilding.

Nice interview.

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Just listened to it. Nice interview. He definately has a BIG ego. You can see it both how he blamed the problem 100% on Jay, but also when he ended it with telling Alfred to get off the ledge and trust him -- give him a chance. He was talking about being 3-0 in September, so at least right now he doesn't sound like a guy who thinks they will be rebuilding.

Nice interview.

I thought Shanahan was the only head football coach ever to have big ego? :confused:

Go figure.

Sir Foxx
04-03-2009, 10:11 PM
It's interesting, Cutler was on Total Access and didn't want to go into many details (maybe cause he lied, who knows), but said he thinks both sides made mistakes and would do it differently if they had it to do over again. McDaniels in this radio interview put the blame 100% on Jay.

That's because McDouche comes from Belecheat, where he learned never ever admit that your wrong, just blame everyone else.

bcbronc
04-03-2009, 10:27 PM
That's because McDouche comes from Belecheat, where he learned never ever admit that your wrong, just blame everyone else.

works for me!

screw Cutler, hail McSaviour!

tubby
04-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Josh Freaking McDaniels

slim
04-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Rack him

Hawgdriver
04-03-2009, 11:39 PM

He just needs to win. Letting this fiasco run its course has been a disappointment; you would hope as a leader of the organization he could have avoided letting our Broncos get besmirched. Maybe in time we'll be able to better judge exactly what happened. Hopefully we will never care to remember.

He has great focus on winning. I think when you focus on something so obsessively you just can't help but shape your world around that singular focus. He is focused on winning--it always comes back to winning.

I like it, but we'll actually need to see it. John Wooden, the great UCLA coach, never preached--never mentioned winning. But every coach is different.

I don't doubt he can put together a good offense. I think he's intelligent. He is saying the right things. Now he just needs to demonstrate it. It seems he doesn't suffer fools and he's efficient with his answers and time. He should do well, I'm excited to see what he rolls out this September.

I like how he focused on a few select important things like field position, turnovers, and scoring. I'm ready to see some results from this young leader coach and this team.

Fan in Exile
04-04-2009, 07:01 AM
I really liked his comments about Hillis. Everything thing he said about what they want a RB to do showed that Hillis is just the kind of guy that he's looking for.