PDA

View Full Version : Do we dare...

SmilinAssasSin27
03-16-2012, 06:10 PM
...use our 25th pick to make an offer to Mike Wallace of Pittsburgh if Manning does sign?

underrated29
03-16-2012, 06:14 PM
I love mike wallace, had him on fantasy the last two years and he has beasted for me.

NO, however, we have much bigger needs than he. We need a DT and a CB and I suspect that we are going to take either one with our first depending if kirky falls to us or fletch....

Besides, as far as I am aware we still do not have bunkley on our roster and our backup already resigned with MIA- so imo we must do this. However, I would not complain with wallace and manning and DT and company

slim
03-16-2012, 06:16 PM
No, I wouldn't.

If they something like that, then they have gone off the deep end.

What happen to building through the draft? That is what good teams do.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-16-2012, 06:20 PM
No, I wouldn't.

I agree 100%. Just trying to think of topics which don't include a "minutely" check of the national twitter for ghost PM updates.

Dzone
03-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Those speed burners like Wallace hit the wall fast and go from good to terrible in about a season.

claymore
03-16-2012, 06:37 PM
I know we have other needs, but our current receiving corp needs some tuning if we bring manning in. I think Royal would have done well with manning. JMO...

BORDERLINE
03-16-2012, 06:39 PM
I would say if there isn't a player that you LOVE with that 25 pick then Wallace would not be a bad pick up. But you guys are right there are a lot of other holes to fill.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-16-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm partial to making a move for Early Doucet.

Slick
03-16-2012, 06:42 PM
If our 25th pick is a Jarvis Moss type, then I would rather have Wallace.

chazoe60
03-16-2012, 06:46 PM
And neglect our interior DL again? I hope not.

hotcarl
03-16-2012, 07:32 PM
we arent going to sign anyone.what a disaster, im going to jump off a bridge. a big one

Softskull
03-16-2012, 07:41 PM
If I was going to trade off our first round pick for a restricted, I would go after Baltimore's CB Ladarius Webb. The kid can ball, he a better than average return man and I can't stand to watch Goodman any longer.

CoachChaz
03-16-2012, 07:43 PM
If I was going to trade off our first round pick for a restricted, I would go after Baltimore's CB Ladarius Webb. The kid can ball, he a better than average return man and I can't stand to watch Goodman any longer.

THIS!!

I'll give up #25 for Webb in a heartbeat. Better than anyone we can draft there

Lancane
03-16-2012, 07:48 PM
...use our 25th pick to make an offer to Mike Wallace of Pittsburgh if Manning does sign?

If we somehow land Manning, I would say sure...if not, I'd say no way. That pick is going to become a primary indication of the direction will be going this season.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-16-2012, 09:08 PM
It'd be coolif we could take 2 of Baltimore's young up and comers on defense. Addition by subtraction...

Medford Bronco
03-16-2012, 09:10 PM
we arent going to sign anyone.what a disaster, im going to jump off a bridge. a big one Go jump off the Tobin.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Not for Wallace... At 25 if Cox isn't there we might be able to snag either Wright or Hill there. Besides Wright there are a few fast slot receivers available in the 2nd & 3rd, even the 4th as a last resort.

As for Webb maybe... Cox is likely to be gone and as long as we resign Bunk we could use the 2nd on a DT and we wouldn't need to use the 2nd on a CB.

However, given that Cox is likely to be gone I'd prefer to trade down just enough to grab either Gilmore or Josh Robinson. We'd have to put up with another rookie in the secondary but to me the benefit would be redirecting that money from Wallace or Webb to Eric Winston... Unless of course he's already been taken. That would allow us to move Franklin inside.

That would give us max protection on the OL and with the tradedown we grab Gilmore or Josh, Worthy or best avail DT, and then by the 3rd the best avail slot receiver - Rainey, Adams, Hilton, J. Wright etc.

Better use of our resources...

CoachChaz
03-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Cox is already gone and I dont see Gilmore making it out of the top 26 or 27 picks

DenBronx
03-16-2012, 11:21 PM
If all of our guys that we want are off the board then I dont want to see us reach for a 2nd round player in the 1st based on need.

If that ends up being the case then Wallace would look extremely tempting if Manning was here. Think SB now! Think big now!

Either way, with the loss of Lyodd and Royal I think we need another WR. Mario Manningham is a very well rounded WR and wouldnt cost us using a draft pick. I like this idea and having Decker in the slot. Speaking of slot, isnt Welker a free agent?

Then you have to wonder if Lyodd would come back to Denver if Manning were the QB. I would gladly welcome him back....he has some of the best hands in the NFL and with Manning it could get dangerous.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Cox is already gone and I dont see Gilmore making it out of the top 26 or 27 picks

Yeah agree on Cox... and with Gilmore I guess you just have to take him as he will start and thus it's justified.

It all depends on whether Peyton can work with Franklin. Winston is just as good as any of the OT's in this draft save Kalil but with no rookie learning curve... important to protect Manning. Free agency is the only way to get an OT to protect Manning and it would free the TE to actually go out & run routes.

Pudge
03-16-2012, 11:38 PM
If all of our guys that we want are off the board then I dont want to see us reach for a 2nd round player in the 1st based on need.

If that ends up being the case then Wallace would look extremely tempting if Manning was here. Think SB now! Think big now!

Either way, with the loss of Lyodd and Royal I think we need another WR. Mario Manningham is a very well rounded WR and wouldnt cost us using a draft pick. I like this idea and having Decker in the slot. Speaking of slot, isnt Welker a free agent?

Then you have to wonder if Lyodd would come back to Denver if Manning were the QB. I would gladly welcome him back....he has some of the best hands in the NFL and with Manning it could get dangerous.

I still have his jersey, it would save me the hassle of ceremonialy burning it

dogfish
03-16-2012, 11:46 PM

i asked this question a week ago. . . i think you would have to seriously consider it. . .

SpringsBroncoFan
03-16-2012, 11:52 PM

Welker got franchised... Wallace would be nice but we need a defense too...

If we don't resign Bunk we will be stuck using 25 on Stills or Brockers. That sucks using the 1st on the need vs BPA which would be Cox, Hill, Wright, or Gilmore.

It'd be up to PEFX re Franklin but I just don't want to see Peyton get knocked on his ass and I want to see Thomas actually run routes.

If PEFX would want Wallace or Lloyd or Manningham so be it...

dogfish
03-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Welker got franchised... Wallace would be nice but we need a defense too...

If we don't resign Bunk we will be stuck using 25 on Stills or Brockers. That sucks using the 1st on the need vs BPA which would be Cox, Hill, Wright, or Gilmore.

It'd be up to PEFX re Franklin but I just don't want to see Peyton get knocked on his ass and I want to see Thomas actually run routes.

If PEFX would want Wallace or Lloyd or Manningham so be it...

by the time the assclown finally makes sure he's got every penny, manningham will be long gone. . . probably even lloyd, although he's undoubtedly pricing himself out of the market right now. . .

by the time manning signs, whoever gets him will have no choice but to go after wallace if they need to upgrade their receiving corps. . .

SpringsBroncoFan
03-17-2012, 12:13 AM
by the time the assclown finally makes sure he's got every penny, manningham will be long gone. . . probably even lloyd, although he's undoubtedly pricing himself out of the market right now. . .

by the time manning signs, whoever gets him will have no choice but to go after wallace if they need to upgrade their receiving corps. . .

Lol... How do you really feel about it dog???do

At least with Wallace he'll still be there since no team wants to tie up their money waiting the week out to see what the Steelers do. The deadline is April 20.

We will have to pay Bunk at least 6 mil per (same as Soliai) and are probably planning on another like Wallace but can't commit money until Manning is done.

Probably explains why we are just doing the same old bargain basic free agent trolling...

Broncomarkie
03-17-2012, 01:35 AM
Yes..I truly believe the Broncos FO are already considering this, or maybe we might strike a deal with Pittsburgh for other lower picks ( 3&5or6) once they realize he would be leaving anyway.

gatorpower
03-17-2012, 03:52 AM
And indeed there will be time
To wonder, “Do I dare?” and, “Do I dare?”
Time to turn back and descend the stair,
With a bald spot in the middle of my hair—
(They will say: “How his hair is growing thin!”)
My morning coat, my collar mounting firmly to the chin,
My necktie rich and modest, but asserted by a simple pin—
(They will say: “But how his arms and legs are thin!”)
Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-17-2012, 09:49 AM
It would be worth it IF we sign Eric Winston... it's 6 mil but with a bidding war that will go up... still worth it.

With Winston, any QB has the time to get the ball to a fast receiver and even our other slower receivers. With Winston, the running game just gets better as Winston was instrumental in opening holes for Arian. With Winston, we get a T thats better than any in this draft - save Kalil.

Manning + Wallace + Winston = Super Bowl

TXBRONC
03-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Manning or not I would say no.

CoachChaz
03-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Guess we plan on scoring 45 points a game. Wallace is overrated IMO. Manningham could do just as much damage if Peyton is the QB. Plus you could intrigue him by having him try to win a ring with the other brother. Put Decker in the slot til he learns how to get separation.

Give up the first for Webb, spend the 2nd on the best remaining RB, re-sign Bunk, sign Winston and McClain.

All possible and would turn this into a 12 win team

SpringsBroncoFan
03-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Guess we plan on scoring 45 points a game. Wallace is overrated IMO. Manningham could do just as much damage if Peyton is the QB. Plus you could intrigue him by having him try to win a ring with the other brother. Put Decker in the slot til he learns how to get separation.

Give up the first for Webb, spend the 2nd on the best remaining RB, re-sign Bunk, sign Winston and McClain.

That would work since there is alot of DT depth in this draft which as we all know is the other piece to getting us farther... It's the reason we could afford to give up the 1st as long as we resign Bunk...

CoachChaz
03-17-2012, 12:19 PM

That would work since there is alot of DT depth in this draft which as we all know is the other piece to getting us farther... It's the reason we could afford to give up the 1st as long as we resign Bunk...

And we dont even have to re-sign Bunk. Get Jones or someone else. Anyone solid to play with Warren and a rookie.

If not, then we have to draft one. Cox or Reyes would be my preference

SpringsBroncoFan
03-17-2012, 01:40 PM
And we dont even have to re-sign Bunk. Get Jones or someone else. Anyone solid to play with Warren and a rookie.

If not, then we have to draft one. Cox or Reyes would be my preference

Reyes at 25 would be terrific since we know Cox won't be there. I don't want to have to rely on Thomas though, he's icing on the cake if he's healthy.

And since I'm greedy I want to see the 2nd DT in this draft with the 3rd or 4th, Wolfe, Randall, Martin, don't care...

I just want to see a starting DT in the 1st...

If we resign Bunk, I'll sacrifice the 25 for Martin or Gilmore, maybe Wright or Hill... Just get another DT by the 4th.

BPA in the 3rd & 4th... the rest I don't care except for a speed WR/returner at some point.

Go ahead & grab Trufant & McClain to go with Adams and get Winston & Bunk.

If losing Bunkley is the cost of Winston then I'd do it...

Cugel
03-17-2012, 02:22 PM
No, I wouldn't.

You do still have to build through the draft. However, that said, IF the Broncos land Manning then they are sacrificing the future for NOW.

Manning is only going to last maybe 3 years at best (he'd be 39 at that point). So, you have 3 chances to win the SB.

They would need to stockpile veteran players who can win NOW, and worry about the future LATER. This is NOT about building for a long-term dynasty. This is like Shanahan trying to win the SB BEFORE Elway retires. He only had 3 or 4 years then too.