View Full Version : Orton already at work in Dove Valley

BigAL56
04-03-2009, 04:15 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12065422

Orton already at work at Dove Valley
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
POSTED: 04/03/2009 02:43:27 PM MDT

Whatever those opinions, say this for Orton: At least he's already made it inside the building.

The Broncos' newly acquired quarterback after he was swapped Thursday along with a cache' of draft picks from the Chicago Bears in exchange for the disgruntled Cutler, Orton flew in from Chicago this morning and — shortly after Jack Cutler walked into the team's headquarters to turn his son's playbook at the reception desk — got busy at Dove Valley. Orton passed his physical (his right ankle injury from last season was examined thoroughly), talked with his two new receivers, Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal, and spent a few hours in meetings with head coach Josh McDaniels and the rest of the offensive staff.

No more drama about when the quarterback will show up. He's here. And early signs suggest Orton has no problem with his new head coach.

"I couldn't wait to get out here and get to know the guys first and foremost," Orton said in his first interview since the trade. "And then dive headfirst into learning a new system."

Dressed casually and looking younger than on TV thanks to shaving away his scruffy, game-day appearance, Orton, 26, was driving from his home in the Chicago suburb of Highland Park to the local grocery store Thursday afternoon when he received a call informing him he needed to see coach Lovie Smith at Halas Hall ASAP.

"No, I wasn't expecting it," Orton said. "I don't really pay attention to speculation. I'm not a guy who talks to may agent every day, either."

Orton is aware Chicago is excited about Cutler while Broncoland is uncertain about life without Cutler. How will Orton handle following not only Cutler, but the Cutler saga?

"I've taken the same approach my entire and that is, my job description is to win football games," he said. "And I've done a pretty good job of that and I plan to keep that up. I'm a hard worker. I'm not flashy by any means but my job is to play football and win and I plan to do that."

Orton was 21-12 as a starter with the Bears, including a 15-2 record at home. Cutler was 17-20 for the Broncos, 10-9 at home. Cutler was to hold his first news conference in Chicago today at 4 p.m. MST.

RunYouOver
04-03-2009, 04:17 PM
That's great news...a positive relationship with Royal, Marshall and McDaniels is a wonderful start. I'm excited for him, and I really hope he excels!

NightTrainLayne
04-03-2009, 04:19 PM
So far. . .. so good.

August can't get here quick enough after the draft. I am really interested to see what this team will look like on the field.

LawDog
04-03-2009, 04:24 PM

Orton already at work at Dove Valley
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
POSTED: 04/03/2009 02:43:27 PM MDT

Dressed casually and looking younger than on TV thanks to shaving away his scruffy, game-day appearance, Orton...

Oh, thank goodness. That beard-thing is hideous.

honz
04-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Hey, a QB that is eager to get to work with his teammates and coaches! Hip, hip, hooray!

Spider
04-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Just flat out bad ass ........

weazel
04-03-2009, 04:36 PM
good read

gregbroncs
04-03-2009, 04:40 PM
:beer: yea. A QB who wants to be here. :cool:

dogfish
04-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Breaking news!

Orton Already at Work in LoDo

getlynched47
I hope McDaniels can work his magic with Orton.

NightTrainLayne
Breaking news!

Orton Already at Work in LoDo

:tsk:

:laugh:

FanInAZ
04-03-2009, 04:48 PM

shortly after Jack Cutler walked into the team's headquarters to turn his son's playbook at the reception desk

Jay had his father turn in his playbook for him? I could not show up in person do it himself?

Dirk
04-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Wow...not even 24 hours go by an the kid is at the Valley....gotta respect him for that! And a winning attitude and humble talking about not being flashy.

Got to love his first impression!:salute:

NightTrainLayne
04-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Jay had his father turn in his playbook for him? I could not show up in person do it himself?

He went straight to Chi-town from Nashville or wherever he was.

turftoad
04-03-2009, 04:50 PM

Cuz he's already at work in Chicago.

Dirk
04-03-2009, 04:50 PM

If I were Jay, I wouldn't show up either. Why show up now? :coffee:

getlynched47
04-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Wow...not even 24 hours go by an the kid is at the Valley....gotta respect him for that! And a winning attitude and humble talking about not being flashy.

Got to love his first impression!:salute:

How is that impressive? He had no choice. He had to come in for his physical to complete the trade :rolleyes:

Dirk
04-03-2009, 04:56 PM
How is that impressive? He had no choice. He had to come in for his physical to complete the trade :rolleyes:

C'mon GL, you don't have to have a negative comment about everything do you? I am as heart broken as the next about Cutty...but I've moved on and ready to embrace this kid until he doesn't do his job on the field.

weazel
04-03-2009, 04:58 PM

to be honest, he was probably headed to Chicago

FanInAZ
04-03-2009, 04:59 PM
He went straight to Chi-town from Nashville or wherever he was.

That's right, he was making himself unavalible to his team during this entire epasode. He could not all of the suddenly start showing enough class to make a quick detour to DV in order to turn it in personally.

getlynched47
C'mon GL, you don't have to have a negative comment about everything do you? I am as heart broken as the next about Cutty...but I've moved on and ready to embrace this kid until he doesn't do his job on the field.

I didnt mention Cutler's name. You're making a big deal about Orton coming so soon, like if it was goodwill from the bottom of his heart. It wasnt, he had no choice because he needed to take his physical to complete the trade or else "the player" would still be our QB.

I'm glad that he's already talked to Marshall and Royal though, he's starting to build the team chemistry.

weazel

:Cry:

getlynched47
04-03-2009, 05:00 PM
:Cry:

dude I'm not whining :lol:

I didnt mention Cutler's name. You're making a big deal about Orton coming so soon, like if it was goodwill from the bottom of his heart. It wasnt, he had no choice because he needed to take his physical to complete the trade or else "the player" would still be our QB.

I'm glad that he's already talked to Marshall and Royal though, he's starting to build the team chemistry.

weazel
04-03-2009, 05:00 PM
I gotta tell ya, If I was Cutler (or anyone) I would have kept the playbook.

weazel
04-03-2009, 05:01 PM
dude I'm not whining :lol:

but everything you say is negative.

Dirk
04-03-2009, 05:01 PM

Maybe I am just stoked that "our" QB actually showed up! :D

But yes, build the chemistry!

NightTrainLayne
04-03-2009, 05:02 PM
I gotta tell ya, If I was Cutler (or anyone) I would have kept the playbook.

I don't think they have any choice in the matter. Those are the property of the team, and contain trade-secrets. I'm sure that it's in their contract that they have to return it and can't share it with anyone else.

getlynched47
04-03-2009, 05:03 PM
but everything you say is negative.

make your way here. I will try to limit the negativity because we're moving on as the Broncos organization. I'm hoping for the best.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=614005#post614005
I think post 65

weazel
04-03-2009, 05:04 PM
I don't think they have any choice in the matter. Those are the property of the team, and contain trade-secrets. I'm sure that it's in their contract that they have to return it and can't share it with anyone else.

oh yeah, I agree. Nothing stopping them from accidentally making a copy though

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 05:19 PM
You guys are going to like Orton. Super good guy.

dogfish
04-03-2009, 05:20 PM
lmao. . .

LawDog
04-03-2009, 05:22 PM

That's just neat. I'm soooo, you know, anxious or something.

underrated29
04-03-2009, 05:23 PM
The imoportant part is mCd doesnt want to trade him. Or alienate him. Thats the important part. Now we can be a team.

Broncolingus
04-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Welcome, Mr. Orton...:beer:

topscribe
04-03-2009, 05:37 PM
The imoportant part is mCd doesnt want to trade him. Or alienate him. Thats the important part. Now we can be a team.

I'll bet we'll see all kinds of caution out of McD from now on . . . :nod:

-----

Mephisto
04-03-2009, 06:01 PM

"No, I wasn't expecting it," Orton said. "I don't really pay attention to speculation. I'm not a guy who talks to my agent every day, either."

I like the sound of that. Just sayin'.

Day1BroncoFan
04-03-2009, 06:11 PM
May the powers that be shine their light of bright hope on Orton and all he does with the Broncos.

If he leaves the Broncos may they remove that bright light of hope from him. :D

Northman
04-03-2009, 06:13 PM
What do you know, a Qb who wants to go to work. Brava Orton, Bravo.

topscribe
04-03-2009, 06:27 PM
That's just neat. I'm soooo, you know, anxious or something.

I know what you mean.

I'm sort of something myself . . .

-----

elsid13
04-03-2009, 06:34 PM

You just like him because he "goes" down on guys, when he has enough Jack and Cokes in him.

http://www.wizznutzz.com/images/hardaway/hardaway_kyleorton.jpg

Shazam!
04-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Cutler's daddy turned in his playbook? Jay is such a friggin' loser.

Already Kyle is showing much more desire than Cutler.

Him shaving his raggy looks shows me he knows how to be a professional.

I for one am glad Cutler is no more. In fact, I hate his guts now. He may as well be a Raider.

"**** him. He's dead to me."

elsid13
04-03-2009, 07:57 PM

I for one am glad he is no more.

Where was Jay when his father turned the book in? At a press conference in Chicago. This is such a non-story it ridiculous. If Orton's father had done that, there are people that would have stated that it because he wanted to be in Denver quicker.

claymore
04-03-2009, 07:58 PM

Him shaving his raggy looks shows me he knows how to be a professional.

I for one am glad Cutler is no more. In fact, I hate his guts now. He may as well be a Raider.

Dude Just drop it. His dad was still in Denver, and Cutler wasnt. Kyle shaving has nothing to do with anything.

elsid13
04-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Dude Just drop it. His dad was still in Denver, and Cutler wasnt. Kyle shaving has nothing to do with anything.

i hear that he did want to be confused with Mo because of the neck "bread".

Kapaibro
04-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Our new QB may have had to come in for a physical, but he didn't have to stay and get to know Eddie and Brandon, AND sit down immediately with McD to start going over the playbook!

That to me shows a really excellent work ethic!

elsid13
04-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Our new QB may have had to come in for a physical, but he didn't have to stay and get to know Eddie and Brandon, AND sit down immediately with McD to start going over the playbook!

That to me shows a really excellent work ethic!

Please, he was in Denver and was being walk around to meet folks because they are all in for off season workouts. Cutler also stated that already sat down with his new teammates to meet them.

arizonakid22
04-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Please, he was in Denver and was being walk around to meet folks because they are all in for off season workouts. Cutler also stated that already sat down with his new teammates to meet them.

Its over...done.....finished what good does it do YOU to continue to complain about it. Orton is doing what he should do. Cutler was a baby got his way time to move on.

Kapaibro
04-03-2009, 08:39 PM

Dude, chill. I was just expressing my opinion.

Get a grip, it's okay to think positive thoughts about the new QB.

elsid13
04-03-2009, 08:42 PM

Look I'm not upset, and I know that there will be Orton is better then Cutler because.... posts.

But we need to understand because he shows up to pass a physical and meets with teammates in the building that not anything special. Right now McDick and Flanders need to prove to me that know what they are doing. They have a season, but as a fan I am wary of the direction of the franchise.

claymore
04-03-2009, 08:42 PM

I guess he even talked to Marshall's dad. Marshall stumbled on his interview today, but overall he did good.

Shazam!
04-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Just good to see that he is positive.

claymore
04-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Just good to see that he is positive.

I think he wanted out of Chicago...... More than Jay wanted out of Denver.

Overtime
04-03-2009, 08:45 PM
So far. . .. so good.

August can't get here quick enough after the draft. I am really interested to see what this team will look like on the field.

to hell with August, i'm ready for opening day!!!! :beer:

Kapaibro
04-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Look I'm not upset, and I know that there will be Orton is better then Cutler because.... posts.

But we need to understand because he shows up to pass a physical and meets with teammates in the building that not anything special. Right now McDick and Flanders need to prove to me that know what they are doing. They have a season, but as a fan I am wary of the direction of the franchise.

I get that. But that does not mean I am not permitted to look at Orton's actions in a positive light.

I refuse to be brought down by the Chicken Little's of this board.

BeefStew25
04-03-2009, 09:00 PM
I get that. But that does not mean I am not permitted to look at Orton's actions in a positive light.

Kap, there are some people on here that resent your toilet swirls reverse. I would ignore them.

omac
04-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Welcome to the Broncos, Kyle Orton.

I've said it way before the McJaygate situation that you are a good QB, very poised in the pocket, and very underated. May you have a lot of success with the Broncos! :salute:

elsid13
04-03-2009, 09:07 PM

That your right, I'm not going to tell anyone what to think or feel. I just try to point out the facts. If you feel positive, that's great. But right now I am in wait and see mode.

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the Broncos, Kyle Orton.

I've said it way before the McJaygate situation that you are a good QB, very poised in the pocket, and very underated. May you have a lot of success with the Broncos! :salute:

Orton just has never really impressed me but he beats out Simms to be our starting quarterback I'll support him.

claymore
04-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Orton just has never really impressed me but he beats out Simms to be our starting quarterback I'll support him.

Simms sucks unless a Christmas miracle happens.

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Simms sucks unless a Christmas miracle happens.

Do you mean like a virgin birth? :suspicious:

Superchop 7
04-03-2009, 10:14 PM
The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Kapaibro
04-03-2009, 10:17 PM
That your right, I'm not going to tell anyone what to think or feel. I just try to point out the facts. If you feel positive, that's great. But right now I am in wait and see mode.

And yet you seem to think it's okay to tell ME NOT to be positive.

Make up your mind.:confused:

pipes
04-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Denver got rid of a Beatle....
http://media.scout.com/media/image/19/193644.jpg = http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/FSTPOD/PM7-FA16x20-FB.jpg

for Tom Green??
http://hotdogsandrice.com/images/kyle_orton.jpg = http://www.hellomagazine.ca/imagenes/news/20090302574/tom/green/celebrity/apprentice/0-1-832/tom-green-celebrity-apprentice-a.jpg

nevcraw
04-04-2009, 01:28 PM
You just like him because he "goes" down on guys, when he has enough Jack and Cokes in him.

http://www.wizznutzz.com/images/hardaway/hardaway_kyleorton.jpg

awwwww. you beat me to it.. this was too funny!!!

anything to get the job done.. That's our Kyle..

turftoad
04-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Denver got rid of a Beatle....
http://media.scout.com/media/image/19/193644.jpg = http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/FSTPOD/PM7-FA16x20-FB.jpg

for Tom Green??
http://hotdogsandrice.com/images/kyle_orton.jpg = http://www.hellomagazine.ca/imagenes/news/20090302574/tom/green/celebrity/apprentice/0-1-832/tom-green-celebrity-apprentice-a.jpg

Great post.

Orton needs to get rid of the neck beard.

MOtorboat
04-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Dressed casually and looking younger than on TV thanks to shaving away his scruffy, game-day appearance, Orton, 26, was driving from his home in the Chicago suburb of Highland Park to the local grocery store Thursday afternoon when he received a call informing him he needed to see coach Lovie Smith at Halas Hall ASAP.

:noidea:

Read the thread.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-04-2009, 02:20 PM

I don't care who delivered it. I wouldn't have either. IMO, the problem is that Cutler didn't have it with him. What if he didn't get traded? he had a brand new O to learn...

Nomad
04-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Denver Post says Orton passed his physical even after a long look at his ankle.

I read this at BM and haven't checked the DP website yet!!