PDA

View Full Version : Next up ....trading Scheffler

Superchop 7
04-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Just a reminder, the demolition of the team isn't over.

I'll bet Jay is pushing as hard as he can for him.

BigAL56
04-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Nah, Chicago has two tight ends both better than Scheff and Scheff is too injury prone

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Nah, Chicago has two tight ends both better than Scheff and Scheff is too injury prone

Yeah, but in Madden, you could get a second-rounder for him. :rolleyes:

CoachChaz
04-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Just a reminder, the demolition of the team isn't over.

I'll bet Jay is pushing as hard as he can for him.

Optimism...I love it

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Optimism...I love it

Trust me...Jay isn't going to have any more say in personnel there than he did here. He'll learn quick that he isn't the big deal he thinks he is, if he starts pulling that AFTER pulling the strings on a trade.

CoachChaz
04-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Write it down. Orton will have a better statistical year in 2009 than Cutler

silkamilkamonico
04-03-2009, 01:29 PM

That I might actually agree with. Jay isn't going to have the privilege of playing out of shotgun like he did in Denver with Matt Forte.

underrated29
04-03-2009, 01:31 PM

While i do agree with you. I think thats more because we have a SUPERIOR Oline, and now supposedly a superior scheme. That relies on not making mistakes and taking what the defense will give you; and you will score.

But just to be clear- In no way is orton a better QB then Jay in regards to skill.

Flatinum
04-03-2009, 01:34 PM

A better oline, better receivers and healthy rb's - that's not out of the question. Wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

CoachChaz
04-03-2009, 01:34 PM
While i do agree with you. I think thats more because we have a SUPERIOR Oline, and now supposedly a superior scheme. That relies on not making mistakes and taking what the defense will give you; and you will score.

But just to be clear- In no way is orton a better QB then Jay in regards to skill.

I agree. Even McDaniels alluded to this fact. however, it proves the point that all the talent in the world is useless unless you have a good team and a good system around you. I have more faith in Orton to Marshall/Royal than I do in Cutler to Hester/Bennett

Dirk
04-03-2009, 01:48 PM
I agree. Even McDaniels alluded to this fact. however, it proves the point that all the talent in the world is useless unless you have a good team and a good system around you. I have more faith in Orton to Marshall/Royal than I do in Cutler to Hester/Bennett

Agreed

shank
04-03-2009, 02:21 PM

olsen is almost the same player that scheffler is, and they barely utilize him. desmond clark isn't better than tony.

weazel
04-03-2009, 02:29 PM
olsen is almost the same player that scheffler is, and they barely utilize him. desmond clark isn't better than tony.

at catching or blocking?

shank
04-03-2009, 02:32 PM
at catching or blocking?

the post i was replying to didn't specify, so i too was talking about overall. clark is a better blocker, but i'd rather have scheffler on the field in a large majority of game situations.

weazel
04-03-2009, 02:34 PM
the post i was replying to didn't specify, so i too was talking about overall. clark is a better blocker, but i'd rather have scheffler on the field in a large majority of game situations.

problem is, you wouldnt have Scheff on the filed in a large majority of game situations.... he is often injured

JONtheBRONCO
04-03-2009, 02:48 PM
I agree. Let's trade him and get him out of Denver. I can see him going to Cleveland or Detroit, that would be my first two guesses. Other possibilities include, Minnesota, Philly, Cincinnati, and possibly the Giants.

Question is, what do we get for him? 3rd, 4th? I wouldn't want anything less... No way he stays, I can see him being a little pouty baby too.

Broncolingus
04-03-2009, 03:46 PM
If Scheff goes, will that leave any remaining Denver TEs to make weekly and regular highlights on ESPNs 'Jacked Up?'

underrated29
04-03-2009, 04:10 PM
If Scheff goes, will that leave any remaining Denver TEs to make weekly and regular highlights on ESPNs 'Jacked Up?'

Putz. remember that guy used to get laid out all the time.

Magnificent Seven
04-03-2009, 04:12 PM
I am not worried about it. We have Graham.

CrazyHorse
04-03-2009, 04:13 PM

I might be willing to bet against that.
I have to wait until preseason first though.