PDA

View Full Version : The City

OB
04-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Can we still talk about Cutler in the Broncos talk section? :confused:

Anywho - listening to everything and some dude - (he does a show called The Herd) was talking about how people acclimate to their cities and since Jay is known as a frat boy type partier he may be in trouble in Chi Town - which BTW got voted #1 city in the world to party recently.

Do you think the city could be jays downfall?

Also how do you think he will handle the media pressure in Chicago - they are super tough on QB's esp. And given the fact that Jay has been the Golden Child since he stepped foot in Denver, so the media always seemed to be kind to him (they did downplay his partying) but IMO Chicago has a wait and see attitude and may not handle him with the kid gloves he is used to

weazel
04-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Can we still talk about Cutler in the Broncos talk section? :confused:

Anywho - listening to everything and some dude - (he does a show called The Herd) was talking about how people acclimate to their cities and since Jay is known as a frat boy type partier he may be in trouble in Chi Town - which BTW got voted #1 city in the world to party recently.

Do you think the city could be jays downfall?

Also how do you think he will handle the media pressure in Chicago - they are super tough on QB's esp. And given the fact that Jay has been the Golden Child since he stepped foot in Denver, so the media always seemed to be kind to him (they did downplay his partying) but IMO Chicago has a wait and see attitude and may not handle him with the kid gloves he is used to

Chicago has a TON of colleges around it, so thats why it made that list. As for Jay, I thought he just hung out at the clubs and it really wasn't the "frat boy" thing...

shank
04-03-2009, 10:32 AM
this frat boy party stuff about jay seems completely unfounded to me. it was a slanderous article written by a stupid bimbo! (i realize the irony of that sentence).

also, kyle orton is quite literally the biggest (public) drinker/partier in the NFL and it wasn't his downfall in the windy city. seriously, google 'kyle orton drunk' and look at how many images come up. he even made a vow to not be photographed while drunk anymore, but didn't say anything about easing up on the partying.

the media pressure will suck because of what they gave up to get him. that city destroyed rex grossman. but he's use to the pressure. since when is denver easy on quarterbacks?

OB
04-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Well I personally havent heard much about his partying until now - but rumor has it he had a condo in downtown denver and it was "the" place to party

25 is not to far removed from frat boy age

OB
04-03-2009, 10:36 AM
I think the media was very easy on cutler but again just my opinion

and i dont know anything about orton yet but have seen lots o drunk pics pop up here :D

Im just not sure at the level of maturity jay is at if he can handle a bog city like Chicago - he is hyper sensitive so i see problems there

MadMax
04-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Eh this seems like as good a thread as any, I'm interested to see how he plays without Shanahan. Every one of our crappy quarterbacks over the last ten years had one of their statistically best seasons under Shanahan at some point. So it will be interesting to see how much of Jay's performance here was innate talent and how much was Shanahan crafting an offense to his strengths.

PS. I hope Cutler fumbles his first snap.

BroncoNut
04-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Worst Thread Ever

I think Jay will be fine in chi town. It is a nice party town, sure, but he will handle it fine, I believe. Now let's get past Jay Cutler.

OB
04-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Worst Thread Ever

I think Jay will be fine in chi town. It is a nice party town, sure, but he will handle it fine, I believe. Now let's get past Jay Cutler.

:eviltongue:

it was a point someone brought up on a show i was listening too - peeked my curiosity - but u r right about moving on ;)

Broncolingus
04-03-2009, 01:52 PM
:eviltongue:

it was a point someone brought up on a show i was listening too - peeked my curiosity - but u r right about moving on ;)

You can talk about whatever you want...

...some 'First Amendment' thing or something - I don't know.

http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/jay_cutler_drunk_1-copy-400x275.jpg

http://nextround.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/cutler_drunk.jpg