PDA

View Full Version : Careful what you wish for....

Flatinum
04-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Peter Kings take on this-

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/02/cutler.reaction.ap/index.html?eref=T1

claymore
04-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Peter Kings take on this-

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/02/cutler.reaction.ap/index.html?eref=T1

Thanks for making me feel worse. :D

Flatinum
04-03-2009, 09:48 AM
I've been saying it all along. Jay Cutler is a very good young qb, but it's not being mentioned at all that he played behind one of the best olines in the league and had a great group of receivers to throw to. Yet the Cutler lovers give him all the credit in the world for the success of the offense last year.

We'll see how he does in Chicago with a suspect oline (I love how their hyping Pace - the guys done) and a questionable group of wr's (Hester's no.1 on their depth chart - please he'd be no.4 in Denver). Good luck Jay - and by the way Chicago fans expect nothing less then a SB contender this year.

Elevation inc
04-03-2009, 09:50 AM
i dont think peter king has a clue about what chicago has going for them.....

people this was a playoff team untill orton got hurt plain and simple, he came back and wasnt 100% the offense suffered, there playoff hopes dwindled.

but whats really funny is that even with all these Supposed.....issues in chicago they still pulled of more wins than we did......they were 9-7 last year how is that a team with huge issues. they just upgraded the one position where a upgrade was need the most, and now they and cutler are possibly worse off.....give me a break.....

peter king needs a new job, becasue he cant do his current one very well

cutler and chicago will go far next year.....people are blind if they cant see that

weazel
04-03-2009, 10:27 AM
we have said it before, when Cutler was rushed and had to make quick decisions, the ball went to the wrong jersey's. I'll reiterate my feelings.... Cutler lacks composure!

OB
04-03-2009, 10:31 AM
I think everyone (as far as ive heard) agrees cutler lacks discipline and character and is very immature - consensus seems to be if he can be properly corralled and mentored in Chicago he will be OK but right now just about everyone Ive heard is saying they are not quite sure that that will happen

He will be a wait and see as will our draft picks

The good thing for us is the bar is set low so hopefully we can exceed expectations - where as Jays bar is kinda high and he will have to excel to reach minimal expectations

Tempus Fugit
04-03-2009, 10:38 AM
I think everyone (as far as ive heard) agrees cutler lacks discipline and character and is very immature - consensus seems to be if he can be properly corralled and mentored in Chicago he will be OK but right now just about everyone Ive heard is saying they are not quite sure that that will happen

He will be a wait and see as will our draft picks

The good thing for us is the bar is set low so hopefully we can exceed expectations - where as Jays bar is kinda high and he will have to excel to reach minimal expectations

What makes this trade so intriguing is that it really sets up two possible scenarios, because I expect Denver to go very heavy on defense in the draft:

1.) The Broncos starting QB plays well and Cutler fans calm down a bit.

2.) It becomes a game of "beat the clock" where the Denver defense has to mature fast enough to keep the "McDaniels must go!" shouts from getting too loud for Bowlen to stand.

shank
04-03-2009, 10:41 AM
his success will depend a lot on that oline making improvements. he looked terrible in the pro bowl where he had to deal with pressure in his face after too long having to deal with it. if they give him time, he'll be fine.

i agree OB, jay's expectations are high and will be hard to live up to. even though i'm a little bitter, i hope chicago doesn't do to him what they did to sexy rexy.

NightTrainLayne
04-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Once again, I have a hard time arguing with anything about King's take on this situation. Whether we like it or not, it seems that he has a connection to McDaniels, at least for the time being.

omac
04-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Peter King can write some entertaining articles, some I agree with and some I don't, but he's obviously missing one of the key ingredients in this conflict ...

Cutler does not trust McDaniels, and McDaniels has made it clear that he wants his own type QB.

That he did not address the obvious ramifications of this point when assessing how Cutler will do if he stayed and worked under McDaniels is pretty naive. The talent in Denver is obvious, but mutual respect and trust by the QB and the coach is tantamount to success, and that should be a big part of the formula.

(added) Also, notice how he puts the blame solely on Cutler, Cutler, Cutler. Even the analysts most biased against Cutler put a lot of blame on McDaniels too.

ChairmanBron
04-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Here is an interesting point in his article.. .

But when Cutler continued to duck the Broncos, Bowlen had enough. "You do not mess with Pat Bowlen, and you definitely do not ignore him,'' a man who knows Bowlen well told me this week. Cutler ignored him. That lit the fuse for the stunning trade to the Bears.

That's what Shanny did to Bowlen with regards to Slowik. Bowlen wanted him gone, Shanny ignored him. Now their all gone!

Friend or No Friend.. Don't mess with Pat.