PDA

View Full Version : To the Tebow Fanbois that spammed Von Miller's twitter

Jsteve01
03-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Get a life. You're going to bash the best player on this team because he is willing to play for free? He wants to sign Mario Williams and Manning and you have the gall to harass him? Anyone not emotionally attached to the Tebow situation acknowledges that Manning coming not only makes the Broncos better but could potentially make Tebow better by association. Show some class.

camdisco24
03-16-2012, 10:38 AM
AMEN. When I saw his tweet, it put a HUGE smile on my face. Any player willing to play to WIN (not for money) like Von is AWESOME in my book. Can't believe those foolish Tebow fans reacted that way. They are even making me sick of Tebowmania, and people who know me know that says alot.

Von: You're awesome, real Broncos fans love you.

Northman
03-16-2012, 10:39 AM
Get a life. You're going to bash the best player on this team because he is willing to play for free? He wants to sign Mario Williams and Manning and you have the gall to harass him? Anyone not emotionally attached to the Tebow situation acknowledges that Manning coming not only makes the Broncos better but could potentially make Tebow better by association. Show some class.

Hence my resentment to some of his fanbase. They are completely classless.

Lancane
03-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Agreed...best damn draft pick we've had in a long time - keep it up Von, and tell em' to kiss your pucker if they don't like it!

weazel
03-16-2012, 10:41 AM

this is what I dont get about the tebow followers, there is just something really off about them. Its almost like a cult, I think Tim could get them all to drink the grape juice to visit God's planet if he told them to

claymore
03-16-2012, 10:42 AM
Hence my resentment to some of his fanbase. They are completely classless.

Tebow seems to attract the crazies.

CoachChaz
03-16-2012, 10:45 AM

I was going to change crazies to Christian fundamentalists, but I eventually assumed everyone knew the two were synonomous

Northman
03-16-2012, 10:45 AM

Which again is a huge disservice to Tebow himself. He is nothing like the idiots that follow him. Its a real shame really.

Lancane
03-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Tebow is a great kid and wonderful role model and yet seems to attract the worst backwater type followers imaginable, which has to suck.

claymore
03-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Which again is a huge disservice to Tebow himself. He is nothing like the idiots that follow him. Its a real shame really.

He needs to speak out against it then. For all the wonderous fantastical magic things Tebow does, he needs to remind his cult to be a little more humble. IMO.

Northman
03-16-2012, 10:55 AM
He needs to speak out against it then. For all the wonderous fantastical magic things Tebow does, he needs to remind his cult to be a little more humble. IMO.

Couldnt agree more. I lot of the cultist could use a taste of humble pie from the man himself.

DenBronx
03-16-2012, 11:11 AM
I loved Von Millers tweets yesterday. I've never heard a player say they would play for free if so and so came here. He wants to win a SB....kudos to him.

pnbronco
03-16-2012, 11:23 AM

That is what I don't understand. The kid is wonderful and very sincere. How does that bring out such over the top fans that are nothing like him?

PAINTERDAVE
03-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Yeah.. it sucks that few bad apples spoil the whole barrel.

On the other hand.. there are plenty of Tebow haters who paint the broad brush stroke across
any broncos fan who comes out in support of the only QB on our roster,
who led the team to the first playoff victory in 9 years.

It is a double edged sword.

Just the same way it attracts fundamentalist crazy types.. the situation also attracts atheist hater types.

Northman
03-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah.. it sucks that few bad apples spoil the whole barrel.

On the other hand.. there are plenty of Tebow haters who paint the broad brush stroke across
any broncos fan who comes out in support of the only QB on our roster,
who led the team to the first playoff victory in 9 years.

It is a double edged sword.

Just the same way it attracts fundamentalist crazy types.. the situation also attracts atheist hater types.

Um, no. Not really. While you do get some of that on the forums you dont have "the haters" tweeting and insulting past and present players. Two different things entirely. It isnt like Elway is getting hate mail for letting Tebow play, etc.

wayninja
03-16-2012, 11:31 AM
For those of us who avoid twitter like the plague, can someone recap what exactly happened?

topscribe
03-16-2012, 11:33 AM
I was going to change crazies to Christian fundamentalists, but I eventually assumed everyone knew the two were synonomous
They aren't.

Jsteve01
03-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Von tweeted about how cool it would be to get Super Mario and Peyton. He said he'd play for free to make that happen. Then all the Tebow phags flooded his page with hate mail. It was honestly ridiculous and totally classless and so unlike anything Tim would support.

PAINTERDAVE
03-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Um, no. Not really. While you do get some of that on the forums you dont have "the haters" tweeting and insulting past and present players. Two different things entirely. It isnt like Elway is getting hate mail for letting Tebow play, etc.

You know what I am talking about.

I dont tweet. dont know what was said exactly.
Not defending the crazies.. but over the last two years... there have been a ton of attacks on
any Tebow supporter regardless of being rational or not.

The way it went, as well, was once Tebow was winning... and it was "less cool" to attack Tim himself..

the haters directed their salvos of anger at "fanbois" and "tebowites".

Like I said.. It sucks that there are some crazies... but it also sucks that no matter whata the kid does..
there are those who hat e him and any one who backs him as the Broncos QB.

PAINTERDAVE
03-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Von tweeted about how cool it would be to get Super Mario and Peyton. He said he'd play for free to make that happen. Then all the Tebow phags flooded his page with hate mail. It was honestly ridiculous and totally classless and so unlike anything Tim would support.

Yeha.. that is a crappy thing. I dislike those type of folks, too.

wayninja
03-16-2012, 11:41 AM

What were they saying? They just didn't like the idea of Von supporting the pursuit of manning?

chazoe60
03-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Tim Tebow is smack dab in the middle of crazy town. Morons on both sides of him and he can't escape. The "haters" are every bit as overzealous and crazy as the "fanbois". The damn circus is painful and it is not his fault at all.

I've never seen a player discussed only in absolutes the way Tebow is. He is either absolutely gonna suck or absolutely gonna be the best player in history. The funny thing about it is that he proves both sides right every time he plays. He's terrible then he's amazing.

pnbronco
03-16-2012, 11:45 AM
They aren't.

I'm with Top on this one, they are not.

What I don't get is that Dawkins and Quinn are every bit as strong Christians and if you are around them you know it and they don't seem to bring out the crazies.

Also the other thing the drives me up a wall is to be called a hater for being objective in my assessment of Tebows play on the field or at practice. When he misses a WR by a lot in practice it makes me cringe in thinking what will happen during a game.

Northman
03-16-2012, 11:45 AM

Not defending the crazies.. but over the last two years... there have been a ton of attacks on

The way it went, as well, was once Tebow was winning... and it was "less cool" to attack Tim himself..

Like I said.. It sucks that there are some crazies... but it also sucks that no matter whata the kid does..

I would agree with you about the forums themselves. But this is a different monster alltogether. Its one thing for fans to go at each other. Its something entirely different when a group of fans are personally attacking the players via the internet. I can live with the haters and tebowites going at each other here. All of us here are just blowing smoke around. But i take a lot of offense when a group of fans take aim a player personally, especially when that player has been nothing but supportive of the player they are being outrageous about. My only problem with your post is it doesnt fit the criteria of this particular thread.

pnbronco
03-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Tim Tebow is smack dab in the middle of crazy town. Morons on both sides of him and he can't escape. The "haters" are every bit as overzealous and crazy as the "fanbois". The damn circus is painful and it is not his fault at all.

I've never seen a player discussed only in absolutes the way Tebow is. He is either absolutely gonna suck or absolutely gonna be the best player in history. The funny thing about it is that he proves both sides right every time he plays. He's terrible then he's amazing.

I know that what makes this whole thing so stinkin crazy. He played for over half the season and still proved both sides right. I just wish he would go ahead and suck so we can move on or learn so much that his tangibles are as strong as the intangibles. I hate the fighting and just not knowing what we really do and do not have. Plus he is just the nicest person, if he could really play the position I would super happy for a long time.

weazel
03-16-2012, 11:51 AM

I think Tebow followers should be called apostles for now on... I think thats a great term... lets make this work

weazel
03-16-2012, 11:54 AM
For those of us who avoid twitter like the plague, can someone recap what exactly happened?

I did too wayninja, until I tried it for trade deadlines and free agency days... its actually pretty entertaining for that. But ya I dont really look at it for anything else, seems pointless

chazoe60
03-16-2012, 11:55 AM
I think Tebow followers should be called apostles for now on... I think thats a great term... lets make this work

What should Tebow haters be called? How about ********, it kinda rhymes with apostles?

weazel
03-16-2012, 11:57 AM
What should Tebow haters be called? How about ********, it kinda rhymes with apostles?

how about realists? ya that sounds perfect

it wasnt really directed at you but if you felt it was you might wanna look in the mirror and ask yourself how badly do you love Timmy and why do you feel so personally attached to him when someone disagrees with you that he is great

chazoe60
03-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Real ********

wayninja
03-16-2012, 12:00 PM
how about realists? ya that sounds perfect

No. My position is the only one reasonable. If you don't agree with me you are either a moron or batshit insane.

COME TO ME, WAYNINITES!

weazel
03-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Real ********

really though, why do you feel personally attacked when someone says Tebow isn't a good quarterback? I dont get how connected you guys are to him, do you know him personally? Are there other players that you feel this close to? If so, why?

wayninja
03-16-2012, 12:03 PM
really though, why do you feel personally attacked when someone says Tebow isn't a good quarterback? I dont get how connected you guys are to him, do you know him personally? Are there other players that you feel this close to? If so, why?

Probably the same reason you feel it necessary to call Tebow shit every chance you get?

weazel
03-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Probably the same reason you feel it necessary to call Tebow shit every chance you get?

I really dont, unless I'm reading one of you guys go on and on about how great he is...

TT15Superman
03-16-2012, 12:05 PM
...I've never heard a player say they would play for free if so and so came here. He wants to win a SB....kudos to him.Never gonna happen. No way ANY player can play for "free" - player union and agents will no allow it. One thing to say something over the top that can be true...totally different when you know that what you say can never happen and you say it anyway (just to say something spectacular).

Northman
03-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Never gonna happen. No way ANY player can play for "free" - player union and agents will no allow it. One thing to say something over the top that can be true...totally different when you know that what you say can never happen and you say it anyway (just to say something spectacular).

Doesnt matter if he is legally allowed too. The fact that he would speaks a lot.

weazel
03-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Never gonna happen. No way ANY player can play for "free" - player union and agents will no allow it. One thing to say something over the top that can be true...totally different when you know that what you say can never happen and you say it anyway (just to say something spectacular).

wow... do you take everything everyone say's so literal?

wayninja
03-16-2012, 12:07 PM
I really dont, unless I'm reading one of you guys go on and on about how great he is...

I see, you are just trying to balance out the universe. But when someone else does it, it's personal.

That seems completely reasonable.

chazoe60
03-16-2012, 12:08 PM

Please quote a post of mine in which I "go on and on about how great he is".

weazel
03-16-2012, 12:09 PM
lol ya ok. it'll be okay... Tim will bounce back on his feet.

weazel
03-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Please quote a post of mine in which I "go on and on about how great he is".

I lumped you in with the apostles because you're the one arguing about it right now. Im not going to search through the forum, I dont do that if Im interested in something, Im definitely not doing it about this nonsense

chazoe60
03-16-2012, 12:12 PM

Why do you feel the need to call out anyone who shows any signs of believing Tebow will ever be anything other than a complete bust? You make up funny names for people who have any faith in Tebow, I was just doing the same for people who "know" he's never gonna be any good.

wayninja
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM
I lumped you in with the apostles because you're the one arguing about it right now. Im not going to search through the forum, I dont do that if Im interested in something, Im definitely not doing it about this nonsense

That's cool, because I've lumped you in with narrow minded.

Eventually our goal should be to bucket everyone into a generalized category so we don't actually need to have any discourse other than finding out what bucket they belong in.

Northman
03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Why do you feel the need to call out anyone who shows any signs of believing Tebow will ever be anything other than a complete bust? You make up funny names for people who have any faith in Tebow, I was just doing the same for people who "know" he's never gonna be any good.

You can call me anything you like Chaz. Ill just continue to call you Spaz Chaz.

BroncoJoe
03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
I think Von will be just fine.

Northman
03-16-2012, 12:16 PM
That's cool, because I've lumped you in with narrow minded.

Eventually our goal should be to bucket everyone into a generalized category so we don't actually need to have any discourse other than finding out what bucket they belong in.

Your bucket was easy to locate.

wayninja
03-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Your bucket was easy to locate.

Yours too;

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2e5EbqmJQOi8Wa2MPOxT4AyMNQ011N sla4bMs8uZO0z27g4AZ

Northman
03-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Yours too;

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2e5EbqmJQOi8Wa2MPOxT4AyMNQ011N sla4bMs8uZO0z27g4AZ

At least im better looking.

wayninja
03-16-2012, 12:22 PM
At least im better looking.

No doubt. But luckily I don't have to worry about the competition.

Northman
03-16-2012, 12:24 PM
No doubt. But luckily I don't have to worry about the competition.

No worries Way, those are just my brothers. They are currently single for ya.

wayninja
03-16-2012, 12:26 PM
No worries Way, those are just my brothers. They are currently single for ya.

Us trolls like us some women. Unlike your butt brothers.

Northman
03-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Us trolls like us some women. Unlike your butt brothers.

Hey now, they didnt know you were a troll. They saw the nose and just assumed you were jewish.

wayninja
03-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Hey now, they didnt know you were a troll. They saw the nose and just assumed you were jewish.

But I thought that was easy to tell? What other types of men do you guys like? I'll let Beef know.

claymore
03-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Moreno gets hated on too. He is much, much better at his position than Tebow is his. Yet nobody got upset when we brought in McGahee, nobody complained. In fact they wanted Moreno to ride pine in favor of McGahee.

I cant think of a single "hater" that dislikes Tebow for anything other than his QB play. Yet, the "tebois" I cant see why they like him. They keep stating he took us to the playoffs, but, he choked at the end of the season, looked like absolute dog shit during the majority of the wins.

It shouldnt take an absolute miracle to win every game. I cant credit the QB for the win when he only completed 2 passes. Thats obsurd. 2 passes?

I just dont get it.

Northman
03-16-2012, 12:31 PM
But I thought that was easy to tell? What other types of men do you guys like? I'll let Beef know.

Been there, done that. Beef gets around like a true whore.

weazel
03-16-2012, 12:33 PM

not anyone... I just thought it was odd that you guys felt Tebow was going to throw a hissy fit because Manning might be signed. You can show all the belief you want, but why does that mean that Elway, who works with him on the field, has to? So before Elway does anything for now on, he has to phone and coddle every player to make sure they are okay with signing, trading or drafting someone? I thought these were grown men, not little children that have to picked up and hugged everytime there's some adversity to overcome.

chazoe60
03-16-2012, 12:36 PM
not anyone... I just thought it was odd that you guys felt Tebow was going to throw a hissy fit because Manning might be signed. You can show all the belief you want, but why does that mean that Elway, who works with him on the field, has to? So before Elway does anything for now on, he has to phone and coddle every player to make sure they are okay with signing, trading or drafting someone? I thought these were grown men, not little children that have to picked up and hugged everytime there's some adversity to overcome.

I never said anything like that.

NightTerror218
03-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Seriously, people spammed him?

wayninja
03-16-2012, 01:36 PM
I never said anything like that.

Nor did I.

rationalfan
03-16-2012, 01:53 PM
to me the best thing about tebow not being on the broncos' roster would be the migration of his fanboys. they contaminate the reputation of broncos fans, football fans and, mostly, the player they claim to adore. seems like the bulk of 'em don't even realize their actions are the kind of thing tebow would preach against.

rationalfan
03-16-2012, 01:55 PM

you're wrong. you should change it to "religious fundamentalists." christians don't have the trademark on crazy.

NightTerror218
03-16-2012, 02:03 PM
let me go kick them in the nuts.

dogfish
03-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Two different things entirely. It isnt like Elway is getting hate mail for letting Tebow play, etc.

he would if clay could figure out how to send email. . .

Medford Bronco
03-16-2012, 09:18 PM
AMEN. When I saw his tweet, it put a HUGE smile on my face. Any player willing to play to WIN (not for money) like Von is AWESOME in my book. Can't believe those foolish Tebow fans reacted that way. They are even making me sick of Tebowmania, and people who know me know that says alot.

Von: You're awesome, real Broncos fans love you.

what was said, this dinousaur named medford broncos does not follow twitter. I am curious.

CoachChaz
03-16-2012, 11:21 PM

you're wrong. you should change it to "religious fundamentalists." christians don't have the trademark on crazy.

No offense, my friend, but...read the news from time to time. They're every bit as phuct up as anyone else...and there is MORE of them

nevcraw
03-18-2012, 05:28 PM

it's football dude.. rub some dirt on it.. Von not's losing ant sleep on it and nor should you.. This is rough and tumble sport with a ton of fan passion.. I think it's cool that people have his back even if it's a bit over the top...

OrangeFanatic
03-19-2012, 09:22 AM

This. There are definitely crazies on both sides. Like my friend at work says "The only thing I dislike more than blind haters constantly bashing Tim every chance they get is the blind lovers ready to usher him in as the next JC."

No offense, my friend, but...read the news from time to time. They're every bit as phuct up as anyone else...and there is MORE of them

LOL WUT? Take some of your own advice my friend and turn on the news from time to time.

camdisco24
03-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Basically they bashed Von because he tweeted he would do anything to win a super bowl, even taking a pay cut to get manning and Mario Williams. Tebow fans took it personally and unloaded on him. Pretty ghey.

These fanboi's aren't about winning and it's sad... I dont get people who only care about one player and not the team. Seems kind of retarded you know?

claymore
03-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Basically they bashed Von because he tweeted he would do anything to win a super bowl, even taking a pay cut to get manning and Mario Williams. Tebow fans took it personally and unloaded on him. Pretty ghey.

These fanboi's aren't about winning and it's sad... I dont get people who only care about one player and not the team. Seems kind of retarded you know?

This team/fanbase wont get right till Tebow is gone.

slim
03-19-2012, 10:22 AM
This team/fanbase wont get right till Tebow is gone.

I hope Manning doesn't come here. The Manning fanbois are worse than the Tebow fanbois :coffee:

claymore
03-19-2012, 10:31 AM
I hope Manning doesn't come here. The Manning fanbois are worse than the Tebow fanbois :coffee:

He probably wont. Im not that lucky. I only want him here because he is the quickest painless way out of Tebow.

wayninja
03-19-2012, 10:36 AM
The fanbase was in complete harmony before tebow and once the cancer is removed we will all eat koala bear shit out of rainbow bowls and sing joy to the mother****ing world.

topscribe
03-19-2012, 04:39 PM

He probably wont. Im not that lucky. I only want him here because he is the quickest painless way out of Tebow.
So much for this thread . . .

MOtorboat
03-19-2012, 06:08 PM
The fanbase was in complete harmony before tebow and once the cancer is removed we will all eat koala bear shit out of rainbow bowls and sing joy to the mother****ing world.

Koala bear shit. LOL.

:salute: