PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Deal!

eessydo
04-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Now we can draft some DEFENSE, become an absolute defensive juggurnaut and resemble the team we just traded our franchise quarterback to.....

Our new image "We hold opposing offenses to less than 14 points a game, but we can't score enough points to win."

BORING!!, would rather watch a shootout and lose than watch a bunch of punts and lose. <-- Just my PERSONAL opinion

Traveler
04-03-2009, 07:58 AM
NFL | Cushing, Matthews tested positive for steroids
Share:
Thu, 02 Apr 2009 20:23:40 -0700

Rick Serritella, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Southern California LB Brian Cushing and LB Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids at the NFL Scouting Combine, according to various sources, including one NFL team.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

NFLDraftBible.com reports that Florida WR Percy Harvin, Illinois CB Vontae Davis, and UTEP K Jose Martinez all tested positive for marijuana at February's Combine.

The website also claims that USC OLBs Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids. Information like this is sometimes circulated by teams in hopes players' stocks will fall and no other sources have picked up the reports to this point, so take this cautiously. Harvin, Davis, Matthews, and Cushing are all projected first-round picks.
Source: NFL Draft Bible
Related: Vontae Davis, Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

BigDaddyBronco
04-03-2009, 08:30 AM
I think Raji tested positive for marijuana as well.

God I hope he drops to 12.

Dirk
04-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Legalize the MJ already. I would rather my players toke on a bowl the night before a game than have them get drunk the night before. :coffee:

And no I don't smoke it.

MadMax
04-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm hearing a LOT more stories this year about players failing drug tests at the combine. Is it that common or did the NFL change something that caught a lot of guys with their pants down this year?

weazel
04-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Now we can draft some DEFENSE, become an absolute defensive juggurnaut and resemble the team we just traded our franchise quarterback to.....

Our new image "We hold opposing offenses to less than 14 points a game, but we can't score enough points to win."

BORING!!, would rather watch a shootout and lose than watch a bunch of punts and lose. <-- Just my PERSONAL opinion

spoken like a true fan. :rolleyes:

go fondle yourself

BigAL56
04-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I think Raji tested positive for marijuana as well.

God I hope he drops to 12.

He did, but he would not do well in a 3-4 scheme. I would be drooling for him if we were staying in the 4-3. He is a one-gap d-lineman, period. He has struggled in everything else.

sanluis
04-03-2009, 12:46 PM
watch a shootout and lose than watch a bunch of punts and lose. <-- Just my PERSONAL opinion

So you'd rather lose??!:confused: I don't get your logic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My take is that Denver got the best deal they could. Two first round picks, a 3rd and a QB. Denver gave up a talent that didn't want to play for the team, was draging the team down IMO. So as much as it pains me to say it --- Denver did as well as they could with this difficult situation.

Being a Charger fan I have lived through a QB snub myself and it is not fun. The key is to make all those picks work out. This could be the best thing that ever happened to Denver. Time will tell.

scott.475
04-03-2009, 12:49 PM
We just got raped by Chicago, I think.

weazel
04-03-2009, 12:50 PM
we just got raped by chicago, i think.

wrong

CoachChaz
04-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm hearing a LOT more stories this year about players failing drug tests at the combine. Is it that common or did the NFL change something that caught a lot of guys with their pants down this year?

it depends. i imagine there are guys that project as 4th round picks that failed the drug test as well, but you'll never hear about it. This crap gets wrongfully publicized by teams with the hope that a player will drop.

I have more of a problem with Cushing and Matthews testing positive for steroids than Raji for marijuana. not to mention...it's only reported that he tested positive for a foreign substance...it doesnt even specify that it was marijuana. It could be codeine that showed up via Tylenol 3.

sanluis
04-03-2009, 02:12 PM
We just got raped by Chicago, I think.

As funny as that would be to me I have to disagree. Denver did just fine in this deal.

ikillz0mbies
04-03-2009, 03:52 PM
I hope the Broncos draft defense with their two 1st rounders. I'm on these websites (ESPN) that the Broncos should trade up for Mark Sanchez. As much as I wanted to see Cutler gone, trading up for Sanchez would be the WORST thing that could happen. Keep the picks, draft defense. The only offensive player I would take in the 1st round would be Knowshon Moreno. Other than that, this is their opportunity to fill their defensive needs with young studs. I'm hoping they get Tyson Jackson or BJ Raji. Instant upgrades and guys who can contribute right away.

UnderArmour
04-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Kyle Orton is our quarterback of the future. We will not draft a quarterback unless Sanchez magically falls to our 2nd 1st round pick. People really do underestimate Kyle Orton, he really broke out last season. He was even making some of the deeper passes to Devin Hester. I would definitely rate him above Matt Cassel as a starter, ESPECIALLY considering Kyle Orton played around shit talent in Chicago. He had a terrible offensive line and a bunch of nobodies at WR while Cassel was surrounded by the likes of Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Honestly, this turned out a hell of alot better than if we'd ended up with Cassel. Plus, Orton is a winner. I like that.