PDA

View Full Version : What is Tebows current trade value?

broncofaninfla
03-16-2012, 10:05 AM
If Denver were to trade Tebow, what do you feel is fair trade value. Keep in mind he was the 25th pick in the first round just two years ago, how he's performed, the impact he had on our team and the revenue he'll bring to any franchise he plays for.

Northman
03-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Probably a 3rd or 4th. I would of said a 2nd but considering the league knows that Denver is trying to sign Manning and there hasnt been much interest for Tebow including a place like Jax that could use Tebow for more than just inspiration speaks volumes. Miami is out of the Manning race and yet they would prefer to take on a guy like Flynn who has played in far less games. I read somewhere recently (i think it was about the Jaguars) that they themselves are still not sold on the Tebow hype and that coming after Tebow actually outplayed Gabbert this year.

CoachChaz
03-16-2012, 10:15 AM
If Seattle wins Flynn, Miami has to take a look at options. God knows the players in Miami think Tebow is the Lord...especially Dansby. I think there would be an option to get a deal there with them. I'd bet we could get at least a 3rd

CoachChaz
03-16-2012, 10:16 AM
If Seattle wins Flynn, Miami has to take a look at options. God knows the players in Miami think Tebow is the Lord...especially Dansby. I think there would be an option to get a deal there with them. I'd bet we could get at least a 3rd

chazoe60
03-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Such a good post you had to make it twice coach?

Jsteve01
03-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Such a good post you had to make it twice coach? next he salutes himself lol

DenBronx
03-16-2012, 10:27 AM
I don't think there's a market for Tebow. Teams will be unwilling to take a chance on him.

We would be unwise to not utilize him in the redzone this year.

BroncoStud
03-16-2012, 10:28 AM
I don't think there is much of a market at all actually. We used a 1st to get him, he has produced, it would be stupid to trade him for anything we would realistically be offered today. That and he adds value to this team at a bargain. NO reason to send Tebow packing unless he wants to do so and we just want to do him that professional favor.

Mike
03-16-2012, 10:42 AM
No trade value. Keep him and continue his education.

Lancane
03-16-2012, 10:48 AM
I could see maybe New Orleans giving up a mid round pick in order for Tebow to backup Brees (PR), same with Philadelphia with Vick. No one is going to trade for him to be an immediate starter IMHO, if at all. Denver could decide to cut him, or by some fluke actually talk him into trying another position...say, at tight end which would be the ideal scenario.

Northman
03-16-2012, 10:49 AM
I could see maybe New Orleans giving up a mid round pick in order for Tebow to backup Brees (PR), same with Philadelphia with Vick. No one is going to trade for him to be an immediate starter IMHO, if at all. Denver could decide to cut him, or by some fluke actually talk him into trying another position...say, at tight end which would be the ideal scenario.

I hope Denver doesnt just cut him. While i dont think he will be a legit QB in the league he is very useful in certain situations. I would keep him for special packages for sure.

Mike
03-16-2012, 10:51 AM

There is no chance Denver cuts him. None. And I don't see them getting any value for him, so he will be on the team. I think they slow-roll it and let him get the development he needs.

LTC Pain
03-16-2012, 10:53 AM
If the Broncos can get a 2nd round pick for TT they should take it! A 1st round pick would be a steal of epic proportions.

SOCALORADO.
03-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Develop him. How can he complain? I Like i said before, if Elway and Manning cant fix TT, no one can.
There should be 15 plays a game scripted for TT. He can be used in a number of packages.

TimHippo
03-16-2012, 10:56 AM
If Denver were to trade Tebow, what do you feel is fair trade value. Keep in mind he was the 25th pick in the first round just two years ago, how he's performed, the impact he had on our team and the revenue he'll bring to any franchise he plays for.

Not much trade value when you are trying to get rid of him. Maybe a 7th round pick and a contract for life shining shoes.

CoachChaz
03-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Such a good post you had to make it twice coach?

I've had more problems with the site since the upgrade.

CoachChaz
03-16-2012, 10:58 AM
next he salutes himself lol

You asked for it

claymore
03-16-2012, 11:06 AM
Not much trade value when you are trying to get rid of him. Maybe a 7th round pick and a contract for life shining shoes.

Yeah, Id be shocked if its a first day pick. Unless someone in Florida is desperate to sell seats...

DenBronx
03-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Nothing to see here....move along.....go draft your own QB.

Ravage!!!
03-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Tebow's play last season did NOT raise his trade value, it lowered it. He proved that he's as big of a project as people guessed he would be. Completing 10 passes and fewer doesn't make NFL GMs go "oooh and ahhhh." I think a 4th is where things start. Getting a 3rd would be a GOOD deal, considering. But no way anything higher than that.

jlarsiii
03-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Tebow's play last season did NOT raise his trade value, it lowered it. He proved that he's as big of a project as people guessed he would be. Completing 10 passes and fewer doesn't make NFL GMs go "oooh and ahhhh." I think a 4th is where things start. Getting a 3rd would be a GOOD deal, considering. But no way anything higher than that.

Agreed. Add to that statement that if Denver decides to deal Tebow then any team considering will low-ball the offer because it will be well known that Denver will want to be rid of him. You have to ask yourself what would a team be willing to give up in a trade for a QB that is a project on a team that doesn't want him?

Right now the answer to that question would be not much if anything at all.

TimHippo
03-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Agreed. Add to that statement that if Denver decides to deal Tebow then any team considering will low-ball the offer because it will be well known that Denver will want to be rid of him. You have to ask yourself what would a team be willing to give up in a trade for a QB that is a project on a team that doesn't want him?

Right now the answer to that question would be not much if anything at all.

Honestly they would just wait for Denver to release him since they know Denver is trying to dump him.

SOCALORADO.
03-16-2012, 11:54 AM
TT should not be traded, he isnt worth crap anyways.
Elway should simply sit down with him and basically say,
ELWAY-"Hey Tim, you know all that throwing motion stuff folks are always complaining about with you?"
TIM- "yeah"
ELWAY-"Guess what!! Its all irrelevant now!" "Meet Mr. Dallas Clark! You and he are going to be best friends!"

TT15Superman
03-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Honestly they would just wait for Denver to release him since they know Denver is trying to dump him.If that were to happen, he'll know his true value as teams will come out of the woodwork to see what he's will to sign for and what they're willing to offer. No different than Manning.

Would a team trade a 1st rounder or 2nd rounder for Manning? It's only a spectacle since he's going to the highest $$$ bidder.

I see teams like NE coming to see what a released Tebow would like. He's a weapon, and Bill likes to accumulate them.

Ravage!!!
03-16-2012, 12:04 PM
If that were to happen, he'll know his true value as teams will come out of the woodwork to see what he's will to sign for and what they're willing to offer. No different than Manning.

Would a team trade a 1st rounder or 2nd rounder for Manning? It's only a spectacle since he's going to the highest $$$ bidder.

I see teams like NE coming to see what a released Tebow would like. He's a weapon, and Bill likes to accumulate them.

Sure he can be a weapon, but not as a QB. The Patriots would be a perfect spot for him. Tim would NEVER have to be the starting QB, could come in on SOME goal line situations, and run the ball in. A gimmick player added to a team is what you are suggesting.

BTW, how many "weapons" has Bill accumulated?

broncofaninfla
03-16-2012, 12:05 PM
If we land Manning I'm all for keeping TT and giving him a chance to develope under Elway and Manning. With that being said I put TT's trade value as a high second low first round pick. The kid is a red zone nightmare for defenses and sells seats and merchandise. The Fins and Jags need him in the worst way and would easily cough up a first day pick for him.

weazel
03-16-2012, 12:05 PM
I honestly wouldnt trade him now... he's more valuable to the team than what they would get in return. From reading articles and tweets and other rumors, he would only get a 3rd rounder, thats not enough.

Ravage!!!
03-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Honestly they would just wait for Denver to release him since they know Denver is trying to dump him.

That wouldn't be smart if you truly want Tebow on your team. Why would you wait for EVERYONE to be available to Tim, instead of making a deal that would assure your team got the player??? :confused: Letting him be released lets Tim go to ANY team he wants, no matter the pay, location, division, or fans. That may not bode well for most teams.

blamkin86
03-16-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm a Broncos fan first and foremost. Maybe not the most informed and definitely not the most football knowledgeable.

However, I don't see how Tim is a viable Manning backup. While Tim himself would likely learn a lot from being behind Manning, I don't see Manning going down, and then Tebow trotting onto the field and handling the rest of the game.

So, unfortunately I see Tim leaving if Manning comes on board. Tim's replacement likely won't have the same ferocious heart as Tim, but for the Bronco's sake, Manning's replacement will need more than The Option in his arsenal.

All that said, I don't see getting a 2nd for Tim, currently. Given that Tim's not a Manning backup, other teams know this and know it's in our interest to get rid of him - I'd offer low if I was buying.

Price is based on interested buyers- which, if any, would be willing to give a second right now?

Ravage!!!
03-16-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm a Broncos fan first and foremost. Maybe not the most informed and definitely not the most football knowledgeable.

However, I don't see how Tim is a viable Manning backup. While Tim himself would likely learn a lot from being behind Manning, I don't see Manning going down, and then Tebow trotting onto the field and handling the rest of the game.

So, unfortunately I see Tim leaving if Manning comes on board. Tim's replacement likely won't have the same ferocious heart as Tim, but for the Bronco's sake, Manning's replacement will need more than The Option in his arsenal.

All that said, I don't see getting a 2nd for Tim, currently. Given that Tim's not a Manning backup, other teams know this and know it's in our interest to get rid of him - I'd offer low if I was buying.

Price is based on interested buyers- which, if any, would be willing to give a second right now?

Good post and good points. Not only does the fact that Tebow doesn't fit the Manning back-up role... he hasn't shown to fit ANY NFL offensive role other than running the ball. Which is why I feel his value is NOT anywhere near a 2nd.

Chef Zambini
03-16-2012, 02:45 PM
what is wrong with you people?
jacksonville, hello?
new owner obligated for 2 more years in that stadium, needs to sell seats and generate fan interest and revenue.
TEBOW is easily worth their 7th pick over-all !
he will sell 2 million new jerseys, fill every seat in the stadium, lock down at least 3 prime time TV games and give that tebow rabid region opium for the masses !
Of course the jags would trade their first for tim, who else would do so much for that team and the owner who wants $$$?
I said the same thing back in NOVEMBER and nothing about the jags situation has changed !
they BELIEVE !

Ravage!!!
03-16-2012, 02:47 PM
jacksonville, hello?
new owner obligated for 2 more years in that stadium, needs to sell seats and generate fan interest and revenue.
he will sell 2 million new jerseys, fill every seat in the stadium, lock down at least 3 prime time TV games and give that tebow rabid region opium for the masses !
Of course the jags would trade their first for tim, who else would do so much for that team and the owner who wants $$$?
I said the same thing back in NOVEMBER and nothing about the jags situation has changed !
they BELIEVE !

No, they wouldn't. Seats sell out for wins, and the "yahoo we got Tim" thing will last about 3 weeks. After that, its about seeing the Jags win or not. You aren't being realistic if you think Jax would give their first purely based on Tim's name. Not-gonna-happen.

DenBronx
03-16-2012, 03:00 PM
What I think Tebows worth and what we could realistically could get for him are tro differant things.

I think he's worth a 1st rounder....basically what we paid to get him.

What we could get would probally be a 3rd or trade player for player type deal.

If we sign Manning then I think we should consider giving Pitt our 1st for Wallace. If it doesnt work out for Tebow to stay then try and get a 2nd or 3rd, use that for a rookie QB.

TT15Superman
03-16-2012, 03:33 PM
BTW, how many "weapons" has Bill accumulated?
NFL Top WR Trio:
1. Welker, Hernandez and Gronkowski - 3,806 receiving yards
2. Welker, Gronkowski and Deion Branch - 3,598 receiving yards

Add Tebow to a Redzone or 3rd/4th down running/passing attack
Add Tebow+Hernandez to rekindle their spark from Florida (inside/outside passes)

Cugel
03-16-2012, 03:49 PM

This is basically correct. Nobody in any NFL front office is drooling at the prospect of trading for Tim Tebow. His nightmare fan-base is just one MORE incentive NOT to want him. (Who needs the aggravation of his legions of idiot fan-boys insisting that your GM and team President won't start Tebow because "he's jealous" of Tebow's future success. :rolleyes:

Who needs that drama?

And the media attention that gave more attention to Tebow than Tom Brady pursuing all kinds of passing records last year? Do you want that distraction on your team? What if you decide not to play him. Do you want morons putting up bill-boards demanding a coaching change unless you start Tebow?

If I was an NFL owner, even if Tebow were a PROVEN rather than un-proven QB, no way in Hell would I ALLOW my GM to sign him as a FA, let alone trade for the guy! :ranger:

LTC Pain
03-16-2012, 03:50 PM
jacksonville, hello?
they BELIEVE !

And........we would get rid of 10,000 Tebowmaniacs off this forum who think its all about one player instead of the Broncos team.

weazel
03-16-2012, 04:01 PM
jacksonville, hello?
they BELIEVE !

Jax have already stated they are not interested in Tebow

SmilinAssasSin27
03-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Jax have already stated they are not interested in Tebow

It would be against the rules for them to say that they are.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-16-2012, 05:12 PM
And........we would get rid of 10,000 Tebowmaniacs off this forum who think its all about one player instead of the Broncos team.

And aren't many on here now viewing Manning as it being all about one player, instead of the Broncos team?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-16-2012, 05:23 PM
I don't believe for a minute that the Jags wouldn't jump all over getting TT.

In sports, there are always 2 sets of books. What is declared to the IRS and for profit sharing...and the real books. The cash part of the business. Concessions, parking, etc. If Jax sells more tickets and jerseys, big whoop. But if they actually get the butts in the seats...and Tebow will bring the butts...that's where they get their money.

$hits and giggles...would you swap TT straight up for Gabbert?

weazel
03-16-2012, 05:27 PM
I would switch tebow straight up for almost anything... that being said, he isn't going anywhere unless we can sign a replacement. Maybe Alex Smith after the 9rs sign Manning

Lancane
03-16-2012, 07:31 PM
As I said, trade him to Philadelphia or New Orleans to backup Vick or Brees for a third round pick makes absolute sense. I doubt Miami is interested, I doubt Jacksonville is interested. We could possibly trade him to Carolina straight up for Clausen where he'd back up Newton, which would be ironic. A trade to Cleveland would make sense as well, they don't seem to be able to even run an efficient, basic pro-style offense there. Tampa Bay could make a move, he could compete there against Freeman and it would add butts to the seats.

Medford Bronco
03-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah, Id be shocked if its a first day pick. Unless someone in Florida is desperate to sell seats...

Can you say Jacksonville.

nflfan
03-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Tebow's value to a team will be dependent on how they'll want to use him.

If you project him as a TE/FB, he should be worth a first. He could potentially be another Gronkowski.

If you project him as a developmental QB, a 2nd or 3rd rounder should be good.

If you project him as your starting QB, a 2nd seems about right.

What makes other teams think twice before trading for such an asset is the rabid circus fanboys that follows Tebow, that can cause disruption to a team, any time the fanboys perceive that Tebow isn't being treated fairly. Without that circus, he'd be an easy trade for any team.

nflfan
03-16-2012, 11:24 PM
On the topic of Jacksonville, the irony here is that Tebow would've been a perfect fit as the starting QB for a Jack Del Rio Jaguar team that is ultra heavy on the run.

Nomad
03-17-2012, 09:16 AM
If the BRONCOS really wanted to dump Tebow, they'd have to do it cheap. You'll be lucky to get a 3rd. Jacksonville signed Chad Henne so I believe catfish was right that the Jags have faith in Gabbert. Miami is low balling Flynn, so they may be a possibility.

In the end, Tebow will remain a BRONCO and it's still unknown who his competition will be come training camp. I don't believe it'll be Manning either.

claymore
03-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Im starting to think a 3rd or 4th might be way to high for Tebow. He might be better than someone youd get in the 5th, 6th or 7th round, but the madness that surrounds him just isnt worth it.

If we land Manning, I wonder how much the Org will put up with before they dump him. IF we get manning, I really think its in everyones best intrest for him to switch positions.

Nomad
03-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Im starting to think a 3rd or 4th might be way to high for Tebow. He might be better than someone youd get in the 5th, 6th or 7th round, but the madness that surrounds him just isnt worth it.

If we land Manning, I wonder how much the Org will put up with before they dump him. IF we get manning, I really think its in everyones best intrest for him to switch positions.

Yeah....Tebow's is cursed by his fanatics and they are what is driving his price down. Tebow's really screwed and cursed after he announced on the cover of that video game.

TXBRONC
03-17-2012, 09:45 AM
I don't believe for a minute that the Jags wouldn't jump all over getting TT.

In sports, there are always 2 sets of books. What is declared to the IRS and for profit sharing...and the real books. The cash part of the business. Concessions, parking, etc. If Jax sells more tickets and jerseys, big whoop. But if they actually get the butts in the seats...and Tebow will bring the butts...that's where they get their money.

$hits and giggles...would you swap TT straight up for Gabbert?

I think the angle of Tebow being from Jacksonville is gets way to much play. If they're that interested in Tebow the could make an offer anytime.

MOtorboat
03-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Tebow's trade value is whatever Jacksonville will pay. That's it. I don't see any other team taking him.

catfish
03-17-2012, 10:43 AM
I think the pats wold be interested for a 5th rounder. IIRC belicheck was interested in him pre-draft, there would be no drama becasue he isn't starting over Brady, Belicheck likes athletes and a 5th would be a steal for the level athlete Tebow. Bellichek also implemented parts of Urban Meyers offense and reportedly has a "thing" for Florida players. I think he is one of the guys that would think up a use for him in an actual spread option situational attack

Ravage!!!
03-17-2012, 11:16 AM
I think the pats wold be interested for a 5th rounder. IIRC belicheck was interested in him pre-draft, there would be no drama becasue he isn't starting over Brady, Belicheck likes athletes and a 5th would be a steal for the level athlete Tebow. Bellichek also implemented parts of Urban Meyers offense and reportedly has a "thing" for Florida players. I think he is one of the guys that would think up a use for him in an actual spread option situational attack

He hasn't gone after a lot of guys that are gimmick. But thats what Tebow would be in NE if he was picked up by the Patriots. Brady is obviously the man, and Brady isn't going to give up on some TDs near the goal-line so that Tebow can come in and get some goal line carries. But thats what Tebow would be regulated to, goal line situations...or 4th and 1's.

But the Patriots already have a good back-up to Brady. So is Tebow ready to accept that he's not an NFL QB? Not if you go by his words. He feels he's an NFL QB and wants to prove that. Do you trade him to a team for a 5th when you know there is NO shot of him starting as the quarterback there? I don't think John does that. If he's going to be ok with running on 4 and 1 and goal line situations in NE, he would be happy to do it behind Manning in Denver (that is if we are willing to deal with the ridiculous Tebowmania again).

I would think that Tebow would absolutely HATE going to NE, where he stands NO chance of starting for them.

Chef Zambini
03-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Jax have already stated they are not interested in Tebowsorry I missed this proclamation, when, where and by whom/
did the OWNER say he was not interested?

Chef Zambini
03-17-2012, 11:20 AM
for jax, tebow is absolutely worth a first, he would be cheaper, more popular and fill the stadium emmediatly, selling 40 thousand season tickets !
for any other team, he would not garner more than a 4th.

catfish
03-17-2012, 11:22 AM
sorry I missed this proclamation, when, where and by whom/

by the GM and the fact that they signed Henne

Ravage!!!
03-17-2012, 11:32 AM
sorry I missed this proclamation, when, where and by whom/

I think they just signed a QB, and have stated that they are happy with their first round pick at QB last year.

Dzone
03-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Tebow-All he do is win! All he do is win!

Cugel
03-17-2012, 02:03 PM

Not just this forum. They banned me from the official forum for getting in arguments with those idiots!

Typical Quote after article quoting Elway not-sufficiently-praising-Tebow as the 2nd coming:

"It's not too cool to be a Christian these days. Just like in Jesus' day!"

Yup! Elway was persecuting Tebow because he's a Christian! And Tebow not getting the starting job to begin the season is EXACTLY JUST LIKE the early Christian Martyrs in the 1st century A.D. being torn apart by lions in the Arena in Rome! :rolleyes:

Chef Zambini
03-17-2012, 05:32 PM
I dont think henne would preclude the jags from going after tebow. I dont think the GM would ignore the wishes of the OWNER if he wants tebow.
I dont think the jags would miss the opportunity to return jesus to galili, regardless of how i spell it !
If we do sign MANNING, tebow is toast, and jax has the jam to make him delicious to their followeres.

claymore
03-17-2012, 06:02 PM
I dont think henne would preclude the jags from going after tebow. I dont think the GM would ignore the wishes of the OWNER if he wants tebow.
I dont think the jags would miss the opportunity to return jesus to galili, regardless of how i spell it !
If we do sign MANNING, tebow is toast, and jax has the jam to make him delicious to their followeres.

Unless they have some offensive genius there that switches Tebows roles, nobody is going to want to trade for a guy that puts up less numbers than a nobody backup like Tavaris Jackson.

Then you lump in the crazy weirdo's that somehow think Tebow is a great QB. That tear apart every move by the gaining organization... Not worth it. If you dont start Tebow, the fanbase willl turn on you.

Just an absolute mess. At this point I cant think of any team that wants Tebow.

TT15Superman
03-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Unless they have some offensive genius there that switches Tebows roles, nobody is going to want to trade for a guy that puts up less numbers than a nobody backup like Tavaris Jackson.

\Jacksonville signed Chad Henne so I believe catfish was right that the Jags have faith in Gabbert.

Not necessarily. Unless Henne put in a "no trade" clause in his latest contract, anything is game. JAX signs Henne...then trades Henne (or Gabbert) to Denver for Tebow. Henne would make a perfect backup QB to PM. Tebow would make a perfect fit in JAX with Michael Mularkey (former Florida Gator TE whose "skill for creating special packages (as O coordinator) to utilize multi-dimensional players such as Hines Ward and Antwaan Randle El earned him the nickname "Inspector Gadget."").

Of note, Bob Bratkowski is the O-coordinator in JAX. Son of Zeke Bratkowski, Tebow's QB coach before his Pro-Day. Bob spent a decade as the O-coordinator in Cincy with a certain Raider QB and was the QB coach in Atlanta last year (don't they have a good QB there?) before becoming the O-coordinator of JAX.

Nomad
03-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Not necessarily. Unless Henne put in a "no trade" clause in his latest contract, anything is game. JAX signs Henne...then trades Henne (or Gabbert) to Denver for Tebow. Henne would make a perfect backup QB to PM. Tebow would make a perfect fit in JAX with Michael Mularkey (former Florida Gator TE whose "skill for creating special packages (as O coordinator) to utilize multi-dimensional players such as Hines Ward and Antwaan Randle El earned him the nickname "Inspector Gadget."").

Good point!

Medford Bronco
03-17-2012, 08:20 PM

Of note, Bob Bratkowski is the O-coordinator in JAX. Son of Zeke Bratkowski, Tebow's QB coach before his Pro-Day. Bob spent a decade as the O-coordinator in Cincy with a certain Raider QB and was the QB coach in Atlanta last year (don't they have a good QB there?) before becoming the O-coordinator of JAX.

Trade us Gabbart for TEbow. I would love that. Please do it Please please please

pnbronco
03-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Yeah....Tebow's is cursed by his fanatics and they are what is driving his price down. Tebow's really screwed and cursed after he announced on the cover of that video game.

You are so right on this one Nomad. That is what a couple of the reporters said on the radio on Friday. That he's a great kid, super cheap at this point but the headache of his fanatics overshadows his positives.

LTC Pain
03-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Trade us Gabbart for TEbow. I would love that. Please do it Please please please

Straight up? No draft pick throw in by the Jags? Gabbart and a third for Tebow?

Chef Zambini
03-18-2012, 12:26 PM
I would take gabbert straight up over tebow.
I would prefer their #1 overall, however.
But i would take probably 25 of the NFLs starting QBs over tebow, because tebow lacks the ability to be a successful PASSER in the NFL.

Chef Zambini
03-18-2012, 12:31 PM
No, they wouldn't. Seats sell out for wins, and the "yahoo we got Tim" thing will last about 3 weeks. After that, its about seeing the Jags win or not. You aren't being realistic if you think Jax would give their first purely based on Tim's name. Not-gonna-happen.if tebow was traded to the jags, they would sell 10 THOUSAND season tickets on the first day !
they would sell 1 million jerseys in the first week, the 8 year old in third world country would be getting cocain so they cpould work extra hard iaround the clock to keep up with the demand.

Chef Zambini
03-18-2012, 12:45 PM
This is basically correct. Nobody in any NFL front office is drooling at the prospect of trading for Tim Tebow. His nightmare fan-base is just one MORE incentive NOT to want him. (Who needs the aggravation of his legions of idiot fan-boys insisting that your GM and team President won't start Tebow because "he's jealous" of Tebow's future success. :rolleyes:

Who needs that drama?

And the media attention that gave more attention to Tebow than Tom Brady pursuing all kinds of passing records last year? Do you want that distraction on your team? What if you decide not to play him. Do you want morons putting up bill-boards demanding a coaching change unless you start Tebow?

If I was an NFL owner, even if Tebow were a PROVEN rather than un-proven QB, no way in Hell would I ALLOW my GM to sign him as a FA, let alone trade for the guy! :ranger:none od this applies to the jags! they want tebow and all the mania that comes with it! those rabid fans in florida can buy tickets to games, not so while timmy plays for denver.
JAGS have a new owner stuck with a team that cant fill seats and a stadium contract for another 2 years.
TEBOW can fill those seats and sell everything that comes along with it, thanks to his celebrity and appeal in FLORIDA ! for the jags, TEBOW is the MESSIAH !
thats easily worth, emphasis on WORTH ( $$$) their FRCD !
its not about his football value, its about tebows marketing value, and ANYONE who does not think TEBOWS arketing appeal is anything less than "first round' is frankly retarded or living under a rock over the last year.

chazoe60
03-18-2012, 01:10 PM
The only trade of Tebow that makes sense after the FA signings thus far is NE. They have McD. They love versatile players. And Tebow is the only player I've ever seen Belichick actively search out after a game. I think BB has a very deep respect for Tebow as a football player, not necissarily as a QB but as a football player. I wouldn't expect much in return though, BB doesn't come up as the loser on trades.

The idea of a trade involving Mallet in some way is intriguing to me. I love Mallet. I wanted us to draft him when he was slipping in the draft last year.

weazel
03-18-2012, 06:03 PM
The only trade of Tebow that makes sense after the FA signings thus far is NE. They have McD. They love versatile players. And Tebow is the only player I've ever seen Belichick actively search out after a game. I think BB has a very deep respect for Tebow as a football player, not necissarily as a QB but as a football player. I wouldn't expect much in return though, BB doesn't come up as the loser on trades.

The idea of a trade involving Mallet in some way is intriguing to me. I love Mallet. I wanted us to draft him when he was slipping in the draft last year.

this makes sense. He wouldnt be a QB, he would be used in a position that he can actually play.