PDA

View Full Version : Manning working out for Elway

CoachChaz
03-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Didnt see this posted. Apologies if its a duplicate

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/16/peyton-manning-will-work-out-for-john-elway-today/

weazel
03-16-2012, 09:56 AM
chaz its everywhere bud! lol

TXBRONC
03-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks for separating this out for us Chaz.

Does it really mean anything other than Elway is getting in his frequent flier miles?

xzn
03-16-2012, 11:41 AM
It clearly means: we are still interested / he's still interested / he hasn't signed with TN

igoe4broncos
03-16-2012, 11:43 AM
He'd likely be coming to Denver to work out if he were going to sign with us. Looks like we are going to have to wait a few more days for a final decision because he is scheduled to work out with Tennessee at some point too.

claymore
03-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Its the step right before the contract is signed.

TXBRONC
03-16-2012, 11:54 AM
It clearly means: we are still interested / he's still interested / he hasn't signed with TN

While EFX still has interest but what I'm getting it that seems like it might be execise in futility. I know I could be wrong but I think Manning knows already who he's going to sign with and I don't think it's with Broncos.

GEM
03-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Ok....after forcing myself to NOT be excited the last week....hearing that the plane was warming up at Centennial Airport on the radio this morning...I did a little dance in my bathroom getting ready for work. Dammmmmit!! :lol:

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2012, 12:08 PM
He's working out and taking a physical for Denver today. He's scheduled for doing the exact same thing for Tennessee tomorrow.

If he ends up going to Tennessee and working out, that will be it for us. If not he will likely make a decision Sunday or Monday.

broncofaninfla
03-16-2012, 12:09 PM
With Denver's brass flying to NC, who is left to meet with McClain today?

chazoe60
03-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Ok....after forcing myself to NOT be excited the last week....hearing that the plane was warming up at Centennial Airport on the radio this morning...I did a little dance in my bathroom getting ready for work. Dammmmmit!! :lol:

Video please.

BroncoJoe
03-16-2012, 12:21 PM
He's working out and taking a physical for Denver today. He's scheduled for doing the exact same thing for Tennessee tomorrow.

If he ends up going to Tennessee and working out, that will be it for us. If not he will likely make a decision Sunday or Monday.

I was thinking the same thing, or he's going to throw once, for the teams he's narrowed it down to.

Where did you hear the "scheduled" with TN tomorrow?

CoachChaz
03-16-2012, 12:41 PM
All I've heard is people spwculate that a workout with TN would be next. havent heard of anything scheduled...but then again...was this one scheduled?

If he doesnt sign today after the workout, then forget it and move on

GEM
03-16-2012, 12:42 PM
Holy shit....how long can this possibly get drawn out. It's past the point of ridiculous already. I want him to sign, but I'm with Coach...if it isn't a done deal, move the **** on already.

aberdien
03-16-2012, 12:43 PM
That's a nice rape van.

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2012, 12:45 PM
I was thinking the same thing, or he's going to throw once, for the teams he's narrowed it down to.

Where did you hear the "scheduled" with TN tomorrow?

Schefter was talking about it with Gottlieb on Colin. He said don't look into Denver working Manning out as any indication, because Manning already told those clubs that he will work out with all of them before he makes his decision.

HORSEPOWER 56
03-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Schefter was talking about it with Gottlieb on Colin. He said don't look into Denver working Manning out as any indication, because Manning already told those clubs that he will work out with all of them before he makes his decision.

Well, I guess he already told Miami no. That leaves 3 teams and seeing as how AZ has a 4:00 PM deadline to cut Kolb and he's not working out for them, I don't think they are in the running anymore. That leaves Tennessee and us. I almost wish he'd have worked out with Tennessee first. I hate being the 1st one up if he's committed to see the other guy because usually that means the other guy gets the player

CoachChaz
03-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Well, I guess he already told Miami no. That leaves 3 teams and seeing as how AZ has a 4:00 PM deadline to cut Kolb and he's not working out for them, I don't think they are in the running anymore. That leaves Tennessee and us. I almost wish he'd have worked out with Tennessee first. I hate being the 1st one up if he's committed to see the other guy because usually that means the other guy gets the player

And SF

SmilinAssasSin27
03-16-2012, 05:47 PM
He'd likely be coming to Denver to work out if he were going to sign with us. Looks like we are going to have to wait a few more days for a final decision because he is scheduled to work out with Tennessee at some point too.

Or maybe his college QB coach and most trusted human on the planet is based in North Carolina.