PDA

View Full Version : How does McDaniels tell his team, "Sorry, guys. I didnt take care of it."

lex
04-03-2009, 02:37 AM
Anyone remember this quote from the first day of voluntary workouts? This was what McDaniels told the team. I guess not. I wonder how he's trying to play this off in front of the team? I wonder if guys are going to get cut for mentioning Jay's name?

Timmy!
04-03-2009, 02:53 AM
http://www.omfgod.com/wp-content/gallery/pictures/omfg-argh.jpg

Really???!

Bozo Jr.
04-03-2009, 02:57 AM
Anyone remember this quote from the first day of voluntary workouts? This was what McDaniels told the team. I guess not. I wonder how he's trying to play this off in front of the team? I wonder if guys are going to get cut for mentioning Jay's name?

I give the team a bit more credit. They have brains too, im sure they understand that LeJay's behavior has been quite elementary. :coffee:

JKcatch724
04-03-2009, 02:58 AM
I'm guessing he probably says, "Jay should be an example to all of you... Act like a bitch, you get treated like one. Get to work. We're trying to win some football games."

EMB6903
04-03-2009, 02:58 AM
lol @ saying sorry.... He doesnt need to explain himself

Its time to move forward and I assume the team realizes that.

lex
04-03-2009, 02:59 AM
I'm guessing he probably says, "Jay should be an example to all of you... Act like a bitch, you get treated like one. Get to work. We're trying to win some football games."

Not really. Josh said he'd take care of it and then he takes to this campaign through the media to get Jay back into the fold only to have Pat punk Josh a week later by not letting him handle it.

Timmy!
04-03-2009, 03:02 AM
Not really. Josh said he'd take care of it and then he takes to this campaign through the media to get Jay back into the fold only to have Pat punk Josh a week later by not letting him handle it.

One way of looking at it. The other school of thought has Jay (I play for my teammates) Cutler selling out for what he wanted.

Who is right? Only legit evidence (PHONE RECORDS ANYONE?!?!?!!) will tell. Until then, I have to side with my team. EFFF Cutler. If I'm proven wrong, I'd like my crow deep friend, with a side of ranch, hot sauce, and bbq (I like variety :D )

lex
04-03-2009, 03:05 AM
One way of looking at it. The other school of thought has Jay (I play for my teammates) Cutler selling out for what he wanted.

Who is right? Only legit evidence (PHONE RECORDS ANYONE?!?!?!!) will tell. Until then, I have to side with my team. EFFF Cutler. If I'm proven wrong, I'd like my crow deep friend, with a side of ranch, hot sauce, and bbq (I like variety :D )

No it doesnt matter. A) Josh did not handle it and B) Pat didnt let him handle it.

JKcatch724
04-03-2009, 03:14 AM
Not doesnt matter. A) Josh did not handle it and B) Pat didnt let him handle it.

A) JAY didn't let him take care of it and B) Pat finally said enough is enough.

lex
04-03-2009, 03:16 AM
A) JAY didn't let him take care of it and B) Pat finally said enough is enough.

Werent Jay and Josh texting? Then didnt Pat get all bent out of shape because Jay didnt return his call and then punk his coach by not letting him continue to "handle" it?

JKcatch724
04-03-2009, 03:22 AM
Werent Jay and Josh texting? Then didnt Pat get all bent out of shape because Jay didnt return his call and then punk his coach by not letting him continue to "handle" it?

According to Pat, Jay didn't respond to ANY communications. Not saying that's completely true or not, but right now I'm believing the F.O. over Cutler. He made an ass of himself with those comments to FOX, IMO.

And how do you know Josh was still trying to "handle it"?

Timmy!
04-03-2009, 03:24 AM
No it doesnt matter. A) Josh did not handle it and B) Pat didnt let him handle it.

Fair argument, if we totally BONE the draft.

Until then, there is nothing you can logically say to make this terrible for the Broncos.

IF, and I do mean IF, we totally bone (and, ya, it's impossible to tell, because you never know, honestly, how did you feel about Royal??....and don't bullshit and dodge) the draft, and about things just because it's really an impossible question to answer. At this point, you have 100% sided with the Broncos totally ****** up. You might be right BUT, don't you dare flip-flop, you SOB, now that your beloved Giants a nice 1st rounder this year. Go Rams? Last year, I would have failed, because I thought Royal wasn't jack. Now?? I'm probably going to have a Royal jersey within 3 months, and I won't deny how much I was wrong....I begged for ANYTHING but a WR in the 2nd last year...FAIL. If Orton is anything but an epic fail, you totall owe me a shot. Fair?

Timmy!
04-03-2009, 03:30 AM

Fair, but you forget C), I'm Jay Cutler, and I just crapped my pants. Please, please trade me.

lex
04-03-2009, 03:54 AM
Fair, but you forget C), I'm Jay Cutler, and I just crapped my pants. Please, please trade me.

Josh took ownership in drawing this to a suitable conclusion when he said, Ill handle it. And at the time that didnt involve trying further to trade Jay. You know this because he went on this campaign to communicate with Jay through the media in an effort to bring him back. Obviously, he didnt. And furthermore, he was punked out by his own owner who wouldnt let him continue to handle it. Again, this goes back to what Josh took ownership of. He asserted himself competent to resolve conflict and he failed. Not only that but in the process he ended up losing the most important player on the team. Theres no way you can frame it other than as an absolute and complete failure on McDaniels part when it comes to the ownership he asserted in front of his team. Pat made Josh look like a fool.

lex
04-03-2009, 03:58 AM
According to Pat, Jay didn't respond to ANY communications. Not saying that's completely true or not, but right now I'm believing the F.O. over Cutler. He made an ass of himself with those comments to FOX, IMO.

And how do you know Josh was still trying to "handle it"?

Josh took to talking to Jay through the media. You could tell some of his answers to questions were ones that were reaching out to Jay. It was obvious. And then shortly after that, he claimed to be in contact with Jay, which evidently was texting back and forth. So there was the continued dialog. This was last week. But then this week, Pat calls Jay and gets bent out of shape because Jay didnt return his call. Does Pat allow Josh to continue "handling" it? No. He lets his ego get in the way and in the process he punks Josh to his team along with getting rid of the most important player on the team.

Timmy!
04-03-2009, 04:05 AM
Josh took to talking to Jay through the media. You could tell some of his answers to questions were ones that were reaching out to Jay. It was obvious. And then shortly after that, he claimed to be in contact with Jay, which evidently was texting back and forth. So there was the continued dialog. This was last week. But then this week, Pat calls Jay and gets bent out of shape because Jay didnt return his call. Does Pat allow Josh to continue "handling" it? No. He lets his ego get in the way and in the process he punks Josh to his team along with getting rid of the most important player on the team.

Really? Define "most important." IMO, that would include, Royal, Champ, DJ, etc. Hell, let's say Clady? I mean, screw it Lex, we are talking about the "most important" here right? :lol:

Simple Jaded
04-03-2009, 04:18 AM
Doogie F'ed this up from the very beginning and he was thoroughly impotent when he tried to "take care of it".......the Broncos are a far worse team today because of Doogie's incompetence, I don't see how the players can see it any other way.

In short, besides the Love and Admiration of one Pat Bowlen, the only thing that Doogie has going for him at the moment is the fact that they all know that if he is stupid enough to do this to their best/most important player, he can do it to them too.......that alone should give him time but he needs to win early and often and I just don't think he has the horses to do it.

Doogie made this harder than it ever had to be, it was an enviable situation he found himself in when he was hired, a perfect situation on offense: Outstanding young WR's, outstanding Bookend Tackles, an outstanding TE duo and a Great, Young Franchise QB. All he had to do was go to work on a neglected defense and that's it, he's got himself the makings of his own SuperBowl contender.

You can't tell me that the players do see it this way too, those that want to win will not buy his BS, those that just feel lucky to have a job or the contract he gave them (What is it? 13 useless free agents and counting?) will fall in line.

Doogie has to pander to both sides at the same time, and as we all know, people skills are not his strong suit, they all know he F'ed up and if he looks these players in the eye and continues to exude the same arrogance he may never win this locker room over.......

honz
04-03-2009, 04:37 AM
He did handle it...he traded his ass. Cutler wanted out and he got his wish.

Simple Jaded
04-03-2009, 05:20 AM

You think that since that works for you that it should be enough for the players? Try to look at it from a players perspective.......

nthngd2say
04-03-2009, 06:59 AM
McDaniels made several attempts to reach out to Cutler which were not returned. So Bowlen had Xanders call Cook 4/1 and request Cutler contact Bowlen by the end of day Tuesday. Cutler chose not to and Bowlen opened up trade talks during which Bowlen stated: "Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by head coach Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful," Bowlen said in a statement. "A conversation with his agent earlier today clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos. We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded."

McDaniels also attempted to contact Cutler after Bowlen announce Cutler would be traded - Vic Lombardi stated in a video that Cutler was stating he was never contacted by the Broncos and that Vic had talked to both parties and that was false [ http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1331102 ]. When Cutler refused to communicate, that was that. CBS4 has been saying for the past week that Cutler did not want to play for McDaniels so there wasn't any way to take care of it besides trading him.

Lombardi also stated that Bus Cook is not behind the trade request or this drama and that it is Cutler decision - "Let me make this clear to everybody who assumes Bus Cook was the engineer behind this fiasco: False! I have spoken to Jay Cutler. He's a big boy. He knew what he was doing. Jay had a problem with Josh. It's Bus Cook's job to ensure his client is happy. Jay Cutler was not happy working with McDaniels. Jay wanted out. Bus Cook is simply a facilitator." http://cbs4denver.com/askvic/?nbid=973627#973627

Bowlen made his bed when he committed to paying McDaniels $4 million/season on top of Shanny's $7 million - Bowlen couldn't afford to fire McDaniels unless the solution was bringing Shanny back. If Cutler won't play for McD, then what other option is there when Bowlen has tied himself to the HC?

Summary of the DP "McJaygate" postings:
Day 28 [3/27]- Says McD & Cutler have not talked other than exchanging voice mails and texts. Says McD stated through multiple outlets that he wanted to repair the relationship. Cutler camp is silent. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12006932
Day 29 [3/28]- No real news other than Jets safety Kerry Rhodes made some comments showing he is butt hurt over the 34-17 pasting. Nothing from Cutler. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12015460
Day 30 [3/32]- McD has let Cutler know he wants to talk but no response from Cutler other than text. Speculation on when Broncos consider him a holdout. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12020687
Day 31 [3/30]- According to friends, Cutler leaving Nashville for somewhere else. Cutler likely to stay away from Dove Valley for a couple weeks. Cutler forfeited $100K bonus. Nothing from Cutler. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12026432
Day 32 [3/31]- Broncos players won't talk to media. Tired of commenting on drama. McD still hopes to repair the relationship. Nothing from Cutler. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12033567
Day 33 [4/1]- Bowlen announces Cutler is available in trade. Cutler says Broncos never contacted him http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12051213

Dirk
04-03-2009, 07:21 AM
As painful as it is...McD did indeed handle it. Albeit the end result is not the one everyone wanted.

He goes into the locker room. Looks his players in the eyes and says,

"I did my best to reconcile with Jay, he had no desire to reconcile. I took the best avenue I could at that point and got us a QB and great draft picks in return. I told you I would take care of it, and after Jay showed he didn't want to be a Bronco, I took care of it, and took care of you guys by getting the best deal I could. Now, lets get to work and show them we are the Broncos and win us a championship."

CoachChaz
04-03-2009, 07:40 AM
There was a problem and now there isnt a problem. isnt that the definition of "handling it".

Not only did he get rid of the problem...but they get a proven starter in return and a few very good opportunities to make the team even better.

Shazam!
04-03-2009, 08:36 AM
I am so glad all this garbage is behind this team, and they can move onto next Season, even if they Draft another QB, as we know they will. This was a huge distraction. Thank goodness it's over. Denver was well compensated. They'll be ok.

Rex
04-03-2009, 08:45 AM
"Sorry guys, we called him for 10 days and he refused to talk to us".

Krugan
04-03-2009, 09:17 AM
He doesnt have to explain anything, just coach.

But what does need to be watched for, is the slippery slope that was created during the down pour of this fiasco. There is no doubt that other players see, that if you make a loud enough noise about wanting out, you will get out.

Dangerous steps.

Northman
04-03-2009, 09:20 AM

Jay wasnt texting. He wasnt even responding.

weazel
04-03-2009, 09:21 AM

Cutler didnt want to play here anymore, get over it already.

weazel
04-03-2009, 09:22 AM
"Sorry guys, we called him for 10 days and he refused to talk to us".

and thats ALL he has to say. It say's everything we need to know about Cutler

Shazam!
04-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Cutler didnt want to play here anymore, get over it already.

Some will never get over this, ala the Plummer fiasco.

Northman
04-03-2009, 09:25 AM
You think that since that works for you that it should be enough for the players? Try to look at it from a players perspective.......

Although i never played on a Collegiate or Pro level i did play football and loved playing with my teammates in High School. So yea, if i saw a player who thought he was bigger than everyone else and said that he loved being here and loved his teammates only to go and ask for a trade and not talk to the Brass i would probably side with the Coach. If im the players i think its a no brainer that Cutler didnt want to be in Denver and that he did everything he possibly could to get out. Why would the players side with Cutler when it was obvious he didnt want to be here? Do you have any quotes from any player that states otherwise? Even Sheffler said "good luck" to Jay. It wasnt like he was claiming that there was some kind of misjustice there. I think your selling the players short by claiming their idiots or something.

broncohead
04-03-2009, 09:32 AM
I think it's funny that people side with the coach or the player. Honestly in this situation it was all buisness on both sides. Jay probably wanted a new contract and the FO wasn't going to give him one so he did what most players do when they don't get their new contract, demand a trade/hold out. This is no different then a team looking to trade a player. It's over move forward.

lex
04-03-2009, 10:20 AM
There was a problem and now there isnt a problem. isnt that the definition of "handling it".

Not only did he get rid of the problem...but they get a proven starter in return and a few very good opportunities to make the team even better.

Not if you are/were in Jay's camp.

lex
04-03-2009, 10:23 AM

In case you havent heard, Bowlen was driving this, not McDaniels. And in doing so, Bowlen punked McDaniels out infront of his team.

CoachChaz
04-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Not if you are/were in Jay's camp.

What does that have to do with your original question of explaining to the team? One way or another there were undoubtedly players that sided one way or another and if those that sided with Jay want to whine about it...trade them too.

Crazy thing is...I see everyone else moving on and focusing on winning as opposed to crying over Jay being traded.

slim
04-03-2009, 10:37 AM
He did handle it.

Baby boy is gone.

lex
04-03-2009, 10:45 AM
What does that have to do with your original question of explaining to the team? One way or another there were undoubtedly players that sided one way or another and if those that sided with Jay want to whine about it...trade them too.

Crazy thing is...I see everyone else moving on and focusing on winning as opposed to crying over Jay being traded.

I think there were guys that hoped/expected Josh to bring Jay back into the fold. Needless to say, he failed.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 10:46 AM
I think there were guys that hoped/expected Josh to bring Jay back into the fold. Needless to say, he failed.

I think it's fairly obvious that Josh did try to bring Jay back, but I'm not going to argue with the great lex.

You're right, lex. McDaniels is an idiot.

slim
04-03-2009, 10:47 AM

Why does your mock have us taking offensive players with our first two picks? That is ghey.

weazel
04-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Why does your mock have us taking offensive players with our first two picks? That is ghey.

he hasn't watched the Broncos the last few seasons. The Rams were playing.

getlynched47
04-03-2009, 11:05 AM
McDaniels: "I'll take care of it"
"Jay Cutler is our Quarterback"
"Jay Cutler will be our Quarterback at the start of the NFL season"
"We never tried to trade Jay Cutler!"
"I'm excited to work with Jay Cutler"
"Jay Cutler will enjoy playing in my system"

Bowlen: "Jay Cutler is the man around here"
"I have confidence that Josh McDaniels will handle the situation"
"I run the show" :rolleyes:

idiots...............(Jay Cutler should have never been traded, but this entire problem was created BY McDipShit, and Jay got butt-hurt.

Shame on all of them.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 11:18 AM
McDaniels: "I'll take care of it"
"Jay Cutler is our Quarterback"
"Jay Cutler will be our Quarterback at the start of the NFL season"
"We never tried to trade Jay Cutler!"
"I'm excited to work with Jay Cutler"
"Jay Cutler will enjoy playing in my system"

Bowlen: "Jay Cutler is the man around here"
"I have confidence that Josh McDaniels will handle the situation"
"I run the show" :rolleyes:

idiots...............(Jay Cutler should have never been traded, but this entire problem was created BY McDipShit, and Jay got butt-hurt.

Shame on all of them.

It's over.

Get the **** over it.

Cutler pushed his way out of town. Go root for the bears.

Broncolingus
04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
It's over.

Get the **** over it.

F-in A, brother...

lex
04-03-2009, 11:20 AM
It's over.

Get the **** over it.

If you think its over, then youre just naive. This is whole episode could be on a lot of tombstones.

getlynched47
04-03-2009, 11:21 AM
It's over.

Get the **** over it.

I will not root for the Bears.

slim
04-03-2009, 11:22 AM
If you think its over, then youre just naive. This is whole episode could be on a lot of tombstones.

What?

slim
04-03-2009, 11:23 AM
I will not root for the Bears.

Liar, you already said you would.

Northman
04-03-2009, 11:23 AM

What did you want him to do exactly? Tie him up and kidnap him? :lol:

getlynched47
04-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Liar, you already said you would.

Find me where I said that. Exactly...

I said that I will root for my team (The Denver Broncos) and root for Jay Cutler all the time UNLESS he is playing against us.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 11:25 AM

And you can go root for the Rams.

EastCoastBronco
04-03-2009, 11:40 AM
If it was me I wouldn't even acknowldge Cutler at all. McMuffin doesn't need to explain anything. Jam it into first and put all of that shit in the rear view as soon as possible. Anybody else that doesn't want to get on board now has a pretty good idea of what will happen.
Maybe a simple "Good Riddance to Jay and Bob Sugar" would work...On second thought, Fack the pair of them...

sacmar
04-03-2009, 11:42 AM
...tell the guys we're paying most of you 20 zillion dollars to play a game during a recession, go out there quit crying and play.

Poet
04-03-2009, 11:50 AM

I think only Christ himself could heal Vajayjay Cutler.

Poet
04-03-2009, 12:05 PM

He took a player who was a malcontent (and to be fair to Vayjayjay Cutler, he at one point had a decent thing to be pissed off at) and traded him for a decent starter, and two first rounders.

Meanwhile a lot of the Bears fans I know are mixed on it, my buddy Brett said and I quote "Jay Cutler is like a retarded Brett Farve, I want my picks back!". I disagree with him but that's funny as hell.

Your team blew a 3 game lead with Cutler at the helm and you missed the playoffs. McDaniels went in Bill Belicheck mode and scooped up major draft picks unlike his other disciples.

Was this the ideal situation? No, it is not. Having a stud QB play in a system that can make average guys look great is rare. On the other hand, great defensive system teams like the Steelers and Patriots always get into the playoffs and while they are rarely the "it" team they always make a play for the title.

In a league that is all about win now moves that set you up to win later are usually what get you in trouble. This is a rare occasion in that a player that so many people used to defend (yeah, who wants to tell me that I'm an idiot now for saying that Cutler is not classy and does talk too much now?) has his fans turn on him because he turned on his team.

Honestly I think they did try to take care of it, I think they did try to contact Jay Cutler. Jay Cutler had too much wounded pride and couldn't deal the realitythat he is not bigger than a franchise and is not untradable.

**** Jay Cutler, he got traded to a division that looks tougher right now, and while he will destroy the Vikings' awful pass defense I keep imagining him playing against the Eagles and Giants in the playoffs.

I don't wish injury on him, but I think Jay Cutler has ended up in "wow, I probably should just shut the **** up for a few....days? No. Months? No. Years? Yeah, years seems good and maybe I can redeem myself,".

He's a beyotch!

roomemp
04-03-2009, 12:09 PM

Why do you not think he took care of it?

He definatley took care of it!!!!!!!!!

The team can be a 53 man unit once again. Not a 52+1 crybaby QB

Superchop 7
04-03-2009, 01:07 PM
"and....so.....team, that is why I'm resigning as head coach of the Broncos"

That is the BEST way he could put it.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 01:10 PM
"and....so.....team, that is why I'm resigning as head coach of the Broncos"

That is the BEST way he could put it.

Good thing you aren't in charge.

claymore
04-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Good thing you aren't in charge.

All these emotions will wash away when Ortons slinging the ball to Royal in training camp.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 01:12 PM
All these emotions will wash away when Ortons slinging the ball to Royal in training camp.

Why do I doubt that?

Watchthemiddle
04-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Find me where I said that. Exactly...

I said that I will root for my team (The Denver Broncos) and root for Jay Cutler all the time UNLESS he is playing against us.

Why does so many people have this love affair with Jay? WHat did he do while in Denver that makes him so special? Sure, he put up yards and TD's but where did that get us as a team? What good did it do to throw for 300+ yards a game, but only put up 15 ppg? Thats what our offense put up in our loses. 15 ppg. HOw many turnovers did Jay have in those loses? Lots!

Watchthemiddle
04-03-2009, 01:21 PM

The emotions will go away on draft day.

I still can't believe what we got out of the deal. :D