PDA

View Full Version : My take on the Manning issue.

Bullgator
03-16-2012, 01:06 AM
Heyas people. As I have promised, now that Tebow has had a chance to show you himself what he can do, I have backed off and allowed my boy to speak for himself. I am pleased to see that since I have reduced my presence that many here have warmed up to Teebs. There are still the few who will always hate him even if he wins Superbowls... like the member who's name rhymes with Schmoe, but for the most part its nice to see the vitriol die down some what.

Anyways about the Manning issue and whether or not I think its a smart move to get him... HELL YES it is a smart move. I love Tebow and I believe he will be a legend. BUT he has alot of learning to do and what better mentor to have than Manning? Now all of this is taking into account that Tebow will sit behind Manning no more than 2 years. But if you get rid of Tebow to get manning then that is a mind blowingly moronic move to make... for there is no future in Manning. But if Teebs can still get on the field and contribute while he learns from the best then its a God send. Assuming that Manning wont be an ass and will work with Tebow knowing that he only has a couple years left.

What scares me (other than the neck) is that if he is willing to do this then why the hell didn't he do this with Luck coming in? Was the issue only the 28 mil? Or is Manning a *****? Time will tell but I would have to take Manning in a heartbeat. Just not if it means losing your future HoF QB in Teebs to another team ;)

bcbronc
03-16-2012, 01:17 AM
Great thread! Thanks for starting it Bullgator.

FanInAZ
03-16-2012, 02:36 AM
I couldn't have expressed my exact same viewpoints better myself.

Simple Jaded
03-16-2012, 02:38 AM
Peyton Manning (or any other starting QB) has no resposibility to Tim Tebow (or any other backup QB) whatsoever. That shouldn't "scare" you, Gator fan, that should enlighten you. The Broncos aren't trying to bring Manning in to tutor or mentor anybody, and l'd be shocked if they were thinking of keeping Manning around for anything less than 4 years.

The Broncos are trying to bring in a surefire first-ballot Hall Of Fame QB, what this means to Tim Tebow is as meaningless as it gets.......

FanInAZ
03-16-2012, 02:47 AM
l'd be shocked if they were thinking of keeping Manning around for anything less than 4 years.

:eek: You’re EXPECTING Manning to play past his 18th season :eek: I’m not saying it’s impossible, but EXPECTING someone to do what only 1 other full time QB (Favre) has ever done in the history of the NFL is far from realistic.

Simple Jaded
03-16-2012, 03:21 AM
:eek: You’re EXPECTING Manning to play past his 18th season :eek: I’m not saying it’s impossible, but EXPECTING someone to do what only 1 other full time QB (Favre) has ever done in the history of the NFL is far from realistic.

My guess is he gets a 4 year contract, minimum. Btw, before his neck surgery Manning was chasing Favre's legacy. I'm not saying l expect 4 years, l'm saying the Broncos look to get as many years as possible out of Manning, they do not look at Manning as some 2-year babysitter for Tim Tebow. Talk about far from realistic.......

TXBRONC
03-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Tebow hasn't spoken that clearly. He has long way to before I'm convinced that he's a franchise quarterback. He did some good things but doesn't improve as passer he wont go very far.

Manning is a risk even if the neck is healthy. He hasn't played football in over a year who knows what you're going to get. I care what the hell his name is any quarterback who is 35 years of age and coming off a neck injury is huge risk. I will maintain that when neck or back is injured it is never completely the same post injury.

Finally, if Manning lands with Denver and I'm pretty sure he wont don't kid yourself into thinking Tebow would see the field from any closer distances than the sideline.

BroncoStud
03-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Tebow is still an elite short yardage and redone threat, he will see the field. We would be stupid not to utilize his ability, regardless of what the naysayers think or say.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-16-2012, 09:35 AM
As a Gator fan wouldn't your scary mind blowingly moronic move be to trade Tebow to Miami??? :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist... :D

Northman
03-16-2012, 09:37 AM
As a Gator fan wouldn't your scary mind blowingly moronic move be to trade Tebow to Miami??? :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist... :D

They arent interested in Tebow, they want Flynn.

BroncoStud
03-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Looks like Manning is going to work out for Elway at the Duke practice facility. Now I'm thinking Manning is coming to Denver. I guess we'll see how this goes. Miami is out and Arizona has to make a decision on Kolb today, so they're likely out as well. Looks like Denver and Tennessee, and Manning is working out for DENVER after meeting with Tennessee... Doesn't take rocket science to figure this out. Manning is going to be a Bronco...

Northman
03-16-2012, 09:40 AM
Looks like Manning is going to work out for Elway at the Duke practice facility. Now I'm thinking Manning is coming to Denver. I guess we'll see how this goes. Miami is out and Arizona has to make a decision on Kolb today, so they're likely out as well. Looks like Denver and Tennessee, and Manning is working out for DENVER after meeting with Tennessee... Doesn't take rocket science to figure this out. Manning is going to be a Bronco...

Ill wait for confirmation. Dont want to get my hopes up. lmao

BroncoStud
03-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Per NFLN

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827a4803/article/broncos-send-plane-to-nc-peyton-manning-turns-down-fins?module=HP11_headline_stack

One day after Peyton Manning notified the Miami Dolphins they are out of the running for his services, Denver Broncos representatives scheduled a flight bound to Raleigh-Durham (N.C.) International Airport on Friday morning.

NFL Network's Albert Breer reported that the Broncos will charter a private plane to meet with Manning. The quarterback will work out for the Broncos at an indoor facility on the campus of Duke University, sources told ESPN on Friday.

weazel
03-16-2012, 09:53 AM
hehe, the only way Tebow is getting in the Hall of Fame is if he buys a ticket

I dont think Manning isn't signing here, but if he does, they could keep Tebow, but why would Tebow want to sit another 3 years? He's already going into his third year and you want him to sit another 3? If he is as good as you think he will be, then he cant be sitting on the bench for that long. He will need to be moved, and if thats whats best for him to get better, then good for him.

Northman
03-16-2012, 09:55 AM
hehe, the only way Tebow is getting in the Hall of Fame is if he buys a ticket

I dont think Manning isn't signing here, but if he does, they could keep Tebow, but why would Tebow want to sit another 3 years? He's already going into his third year and you want him to sit another 3? If he is as good as you think he will be, then he cant be sitting on the bench for that long. He will need to be moved, and if thats whats best for him to get better, then good for him.

Im fine with either senario honestly. If Denver wants to trade him they can but if they want him to sit they can do that too. To my knowledge Tebow is under contract so he may not have any choice in the matter about sitting.

BroncoStud
03-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Tebow still has years left on his contract here and he comes dirt cheap. No reason to move him other than at his request to be do him a favor if he wants it. He could still help out on the field with Manning under center and he sure sells tickets and jerseys.

Jsteve01
03-16-2012, 10:24 AM
I keep saying this. It would be foolish to move Tebow right now. His value is not equal to the investment we made in him. Trading a FRDC for peanuts two years after you pick him would reek of the Shanny, MCD regimes. Give Tebow a few years to watch and see if he's got what it takes to become the next Steve Young. If not. change his position or ship him out.

DenBronx
03-16-2012, 10:25 AM
There is zero market for Tebow, so the Broncos would be unwise to trade Tebow.

He will have to compete in camp (ha) or wait for his chance to do it again.

claymore
03-16-2012, 10:35 AM
There is zero market for Tebow, so the Broncos would be unwise to trade Tebow.

He will have to compete in camp (ha) or wait for his chance to do it again.

If Tebow didnt have such a following I would agree. His followers seem like they have cat scratch fever though, and are a HUGE distraction/pain in the ass to this team.

TXBRONC
03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Tebow is still an elite short yardage and redone threat, he will see the field. We would be stupid not to utilize his ability, regardless of what the naysayers think or say.

We would be idiots to pull Manning for Tebow in the red zone. Assuminng Manning is healthy and still has something left in the tank he's an elite quarterback. EFX isn't pay him a shit load of money only to pull him in the red zone and short yardage situations. I'm generally given to making emphatic statements but this case I will. It wont happen Stud.

Northman
03-16-2012, 12:17 PM
We would be idiots to pull Manning for Tebow in the red zone.

Depends on the situation.

SpringsBroncoFan
03-16-2012, 12:25 PM

Just trying to tweak his tail... you're not helping North. :lol:

Besides, what happens if they fail on Flynn... There could always be a fan revolt, a celebrity minority owner revolt??? A black hole could hit Miami? It's possible... :D

turftoad
03-16-2012, 05:22 PM

Yeah sure... because Manning throws like crap in the red zone. :tsk:

Wishful thinking though.

weazel
03-16-2012, 05:32 PM
I could see pulling manning for tebow in the red zone in some situations.. why not?

broncobryce
03-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Play Manning until the playoffs then put in Tebow, his record is better than Manning in the playoffzzzzz

claymore
03-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Play Manning until the playoffs then put in Tebow, his record is better than Manning in the playoffzzzzz

I bet Mannings cumulative playoff loss total is less than Tebows lone Playoff ass beating.

Medford Bronco
03-16-2012, 08:46 PM

They want a QB that can complete you know maybe even yikes 60% of his passes. :eek::lol:

Bullgator
03-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Hey guys can someone PM me a link to watch the tourney?