PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Draft- QBs

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Ask and it shall be done.

Denver will almost definitely draft a QB in the later rounds.

Analysis of Stafford and Sanchez, and the Top 10 Senior QBs that will go after Sanchez and Stafford.

Top 10 Senior QBs

1. Cullen Harper, Clemson, 6-4, 220

Strengths: Harper is a highly skilled passer with tremendous physical skills who possesses the leadership qualities necessary to succeed at the next level. He works well under center and in a shotgun formation, demonstrates excellent poise and uses his quick release to rifle an accurate, catchable ball to his receivers. He escapes the rush well and is able to keep a play alive with his feet. He makes excellent decisions and rarely forces a bad throw into coverage.

Weaknesses: Even though he moves well in the pocket, Harper tends to hold on to the ball too long and take unnecessary sacks. He only threw six interceptions last season, but he locks onto his primary receiver too much, and that will hurt him in the long run if it isn’t corrected. He has to improve his touch on vertical routes.

Steuber Says: Despite having to wait three years for his opportunity to shine, Harper didn’t disappoint during his junior campaign as he threw for 2,991 yards, 27 touchdowns and just six interceptions. Harper returns for his senior season and is surrounded by one of the most potent offenses in the country. Having the likes of Aaron Kelly, James Davis and C.J. Spiller will only accelerate Harper’s progression as the top senior quarterback in the country.

Early 2009 Draft Projection: 1st Round

2. Curtis Painter, Purdue, 6-4, 230

Strengths: Painter has ideal size and possesses strong mechanics. He stands tall in the pocket and displays good awareness. He has a quick release and is accurate hitting his receivers in stride. He’s a tough competitor who buys time for his receivers and will stay in the pocket until the very last moment to complete a pass. He has the ability to escape the pocket and make throws on the run.

Weaknesses: He may have the ability to make plays on the run, but Painter is occasionally slow in his drop back and will take unnecessary sacks. He doesn’t look off his primary receiver consistently, which is the cause for his high interception total. He throws a nice deep ball, but it lacks touch.

Steuber Says: A gifted leader who possesses a strong arm and outstanding ability, Painter is one of the premier quarterbacks in college football. Although he’s one of the best, Painter has to improve his decision-making and not force throws. His 35 career interceptions are alarming, but his leadership qualities and ability to make big plays in crucial situations are what make him special.

Early 2009 Draft Projection: 1st – 2nd Round

3. Hunter Cantwell, Louisville, 6-4, 236

Strengths: Cantwell has elite size, a great arm and the intangibles to be a great quarterback at the next level. He’s a patient player who waits for his receivers to break and unleashes a canon that hits the mark in a hurry. He throws vertical routes with ease and displays great touch. He places his throws in spots where only his receivers can make the catch and also has the ability to squeeze his throws into tight spots.

Weaknesses: A strong arm can sometimes get you in trouble, and Cantwell has the mentality that he can thread the needle every time he’s in his drop. He struggles under pressure and forces throws into coverage. He has to improve his footwork and setup properly in the pocket.

Steuber Says: The departure of Brian Brohm means that Louisville will finally have the opportunity to see what’s been waiting in the wings for the previous three seasons, senior Hunter Cantwell. Cantwell has one of the strongest arms in the country, and now that he will take command of the Cardinals offense, he will finally be able to showcase the ability he’s been touted with.

Early 2009 Draft Projection: 2nd – 3rd Round

4. Todd Boeckman, Ohio State, 6-4, 244

Strengths: Boeckman is a strong QB with great poise and presence. He has a strong arm and delivers the ball with precision. He’s accurate on deep and intermediate routes, and gives his receivers a chance to make plays. He has good mobility and can make plays with his legs. He’s a smart player who makes good decisions.

Weaknesses: He’s developed nicely and has shown a lot of promise, but he has lapses during games and will turn the ball over. He doesn’t work well under pressure and needs time in the pocket to get a throw off.

Steuber Says: The biggest thing that stands out to me immediately about Boeckman is his size. He’s a huge quarterback with a tremendous arm. He has great playmakers on offense, and they add to his success, but Boeckman possesses leadership qualities that make the Buckeyes’ engine run.

Early 2009 Draft Projection: 3rd Round

5. Chase Daniel, Missouri, 6-0, 228

Strengths: Daniel is a smart field general who possesses a great feel for the game. He's a terrific athlete who's able to escape the pocket and make plays on the run. He displays great touch and accuracy on his throws and delivers the ball with a quick release. He shows patience in the pocket, buys time with his legs and waits for receivers to get open. He has a nice sense of timing, leads receivers in the short field and can air the ball out vertically for big gains. He has good speed and picks up positive yards on the ground.

Weaknesses: He lacks ideal height and on occasion has difficulty locating his receivers through the trees.

Steuber Says: Who said size matters when it comes to quarterbacks? Chase Daniel may be vertically challenged, but he’s one of the most competitive players in the country. Like Drew Brees, Daniel has the ability to take over a game when it matters the most and propel his team to victory.

Early 2009 Draft Projection: 3rd Round

6. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech, 6-2, 205

Strengths: A record-breaking quarterback in a pass happy offense, Harrell displays patience in the pocket, a quick release and a great sense of timing. He goes through his progressions consistently and locates the open receiver quickly. He’s extremely accurate on intermediate routes and has nice touch on vertical routes.

Weaknesses: As accurate and as deadly as he is, he has a tendency to force throws when pressured from the backside. He has average speed and doesn’t roll out of the pocket very well. He’s a pocket passer and isn’t very effective throwing on the run.

Steuber Says: The ultimate gunslinger with a quick release, Harrell – for all the knocks against him – is one of the most consistent performers in the country. He may star in an offense that’s predicated on producing numbers, but he’s got the ability to be a star in the West Coast offense.

Early 2009 Draft Projection: 4th Round

7. Rudy Carpenter, Arizona State, 6-2, 222

Strengths: Carpenter is an intelligent, tough competitor who is a true leader on the field. He has solid footwork and is able to make throws on the run. He has a good sense of timing and delivers an accurate, catchable ball. He reads defenses well, effectively looks off the safety and finds the open target. He’s a durable player who will play through pain and commands respect from his teammates.

Weaknesses: He’s may be a tremendous leader and a quality field general, but Carpenter isn’t the most accurate quarterback in the country. He hurries too many throws, and even when the game slows down, his passes are off target.

Steuber Says: One of the toughest quarterbacks I’ve seen in a while, Carpenter is the ultimate competitor who commands respect from his teammates because of his no nonsense style of play. He gets knocked down and beat up, but sticks his head back in the huddle and straps it on for more. He’s one of the forgotten performers in the country, and all he does week in and week out is produce.

8. Tom Brandstater, Fresno State, 6-5, 220

Strengths: Brandstater has elite size and a strong arm. He’s developed into a great leader and a guy players respect in the huddle. He displays good poise in the pocket and reads defenses very well. He throws intermediate routes with precision and has good touch on vertical routes.

Weaknesses: He has all the tools to be a tremendous quarterback, but Brandstater is a streaky performer who is up and down week to week. He doesn’t have the accuracy you’d like to see out of a top flight QB; he has to improve his footwork to become more accurate.

Steuber Says: If you’re looking for a player that embodies the label of a “prototypical” quarterback, Brandstater is the poster boy for that claim. At 6-foot-5, 220 pounds, Brandstater possesses the physical attributes teams salivate over, but he has yet to produce like the elite QB many believe he can be. His accuracy and decision-making have improved, but it still isn’t to the point where I consider him a top prospect.

9. Mike Reilly, Central Washington, 6-3, 215

Strengths: Reilly is an efficient quarterback who’s accurate in the short field. He has great footwork and is a very good athlete. He keeps his feet active and easily gets outside the pocket, making the throw on the move. He has a good sense of timing and leads his receivers well. He goes through his progressions and makes good decisions with the ball.

Weaknesses: As efficient as Reilly is in the short game, he has to improve his accuracy on deep routes. Although successful, he doesn’t play against top competition.

Steuber Says: Reilly is my wildcard quarterback. A former Washington State transfer, Reilly’s situation is reminiscent of what Joe Flacco faced at Pittsburgh when he was buried on the depth chart. Reilly, like Flacco, who transferred to Delaware, decided to drop a level of play and become a full-time starter. He’s got the ability to be an efficient quarterback at the next level and could be a quality developmental player on a team that runs the West Coast offense.

Early 2009 Draft Projection: 5th Round

10. Nathan Brown, Central Arkansas, 6-1, 212

Strengths: Brown is an athletic signal caller who possesses a live arm and can make all the throws. He displays a good sense of timing, uncanny accuracy and hits receivers in stride. He moves well in the pocket, escapes pressure and has the ability to beat you on the run with his legs or his arm.

Weaknesses: A player who has a lot of ability and potential, Brown didn’t play against top competition. He struggles against aggressive defenses and can be rushed into making bad decisions. He tries to put the game on his shoulders and win it by himself.

Steuber Says: A lot of people are high on Brown, and while I think he’s a very good quarterback at the I-AA level, I severely question how he projects to the next level. He’s a small quarterback who possesses a strong arm, but he’s stubborn and feels he can fit the ball in between the tightest spots. That may work against the likes of Henderson State and Texas State, but he will need more structure at the next level.

Early 2009 Draft Projection: 5th – 6th Round

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Sports Illustrated's Top 10 QBs

1. Matthew Stafford, Georgia: The former Bulldog completed more than 60 percent of his passes while throwing for 3,459 yards with 22 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. As a polished pocket passer with outstanding arm strength and touch, Stafford is at ease directing a pro-style offense. Though he occasionally gets sloppy with his footwork and fundamentals in the pocket, Stafford is the most "pro ready" prospect at the position and will eventually develop into a quality starter.

2. Mark Sanchez, Southern California: The Pac-10's leading passer surprised many with his decision to enter the draft after only one full season as the Trojans' starter. While scouts will downgrade him for his lack of game experience, Sanchez is highly regarded as a pro prospect due to his outstanding physical tools and leadership ability. His spectacular Rose Bowl performance (28-of-35 for 413 passing yards with four touchdowns) is why some view him as a potential franchise-type quarterback.

3. Josh Freeman, Kansas State: As a talented playmaker with a big arm and prototypical size (6-foot-6, 248 pounds), Freeman is likely to shoot up draft boards if he has a strong showing at the combine. Though Freeman leaves as the Wildcats' all-time leader in passing yards, touchdowns and total offense, some scouts will poke holes in his game due to his propensity to turn the ball over (34 interceptions in three seasons) and his mediocre record as a starter (14-18). Freeman carries a second-round grade on most boards, but could end up as a late first-round selection.

4. Nate Davis, Ball State: The strong-armed junior completed more than 64 percent of his passes while guiding the Cardinals to a nearly unbeaten regular season. Though Davis finished the season with a pair of disappointing showings, scouts love his pocket presence and improvisational skills. His game should translate well to the pros, making him the latest MAC quarterback (Miami's Ben Roethlisberger, Marshall's Chad Pennington) to find success in the league.

5. Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State: The former Sooner overcame a series of off-field issues to put together a productive career at Sam Houston State. Noted for his strong arm and underrated athleticism, Bomar passed for more than 3,400 yards with 27 touchdowns as a senior, and flashed the ability to develop into a quality starter as a pro. If he can convince scouts that his character concerns are a thing of the past, Bomar could wind up as the biggest draft day sleeper.

6. Pat White, West Virginia: The NCAA's all-time rushing leader for quarterbacks has outstanding playmaking ability, but scouts question whether he has the accuracy and touch to develop into a pro-caliber pocket passer. Some teams envision White as a potential utility player who can play receiver/returner/third quarterback. With more teams experimenting with the "Wildcat" formation, White figures to be an intriguing possibility in the middle of the draft.

7. Nathan Brown, Central Arkansas: The small-school standout lacks ideal height but impresses scouts with his instincts and intangibles. He anticipates routes well and displays great awareness by working through progressions quickly under duress. Although he doesn't have the strongest arm, Brown's zip and accuracy are rated above average by most evaluators. That makes him worthy of consideration as a mid-to-late round prospect.

8. Brian Hoyer, Michigan State: After a disappointing senior season, Hoyer was viewed as a free-agent prospect heading into offseason. But a stellar showing at the East-West Shrine Game has scouts rethinking. Blessed with a strong arm, ideal size, and experience running a pro-style offense, Hoyer has convinced a number of scouts that he has the potential to develop into a solid backup.

9. Cullen Harper, Clemson: Once regarded as a highly touted prospect, Harper struggled through an up-and-down senior season. Though he finished as the ACC's leading passer, he finished with a negative touchdown-to-interception differential (13 touchdowns, 14 interceptions). If scouts believe Harper can regain the exceptional form he displayed as a junior, he may go in the latter stages of the draft.

10. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech: The Red Raiders' prolific gunslinger compiled gaudy statistics while directing Tech's wide-open offense. However, his eye-popping numbers don't mask his lack of ideal measurables (scouts question his size, arm strength and ability to run an offense from under center). With Harrell's Red Raider predecessors (Kliff Kingsbury, B.J. Symons and Sonny Cumbie) failing to cut it in the league, some scouts view him as another system quarterback with limited upside.

Link to Entire Draft preview by position-

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/bucky_brooks/02/10/qbs/

Northman
04-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Harper is terrible so i hope he isnt even an option for Denver.

ikillz0mbies
04-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Nate Davis number 4? Pat White number 6? Nate Davis isn't that great. He didn't have a good Combine or Pro Day (I think). There was only one team that watched Nate Davis play at his pro day and that was the Colts, and I think that was just out of pity.

As I mentioned a previous thread, I'd look further into Chase Patton. He has great size at 6'5" 220 lbs. He is patient with his throws and does not force passes. Good arm and accuracy. He is also mobile and will scramble out of the pocket if needed.

Granted, he has NEVER started at Missouri. He played the back up role his entire career as a Tiger behind Chase Daniels. He played great when he did take the field though. I think McDaniels likes the QB's that are darkhorses (i.e. Matt Cassel, never started at USC, behind Leinart and Palmer).

Superchop 7
04-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Get Freeman

Shazam!
04-03-2009, 11:17 PM
I am bumping this only because of the immense actiity the last day, someone may want to have a look.

slim
04-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Rudy Carpentar blows. He is not accurate and he is a bigger baby than Cutler.

elsid13
04-04-2009, 07:12 AM
Those list are very out of date. Nate Davis had a pro day and no one showed. Pat White pro days have been as WR only.

Right now the QB are grouped something like this.

Tier 1. Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman

Tier 2. McGee, Bomar, Teel, Painter, Cantwell

The rest. It is very weak class for the QB this year

MOtorboat
04-04-2009, 09:02 AM
I bet Denver takes a flier on Brandstater.

ikillz0mbies
04-04-2009, 03:33 PM
I bet Denver takes a flier on Brandstater.

I can see them doing that. Brandstater is quite impressive, but as mentioned, he is quite inconsistent.

MOtorboat
04-04-2009, 03:35 PM
I can see them doing that. Brandstater is quite impressive, but as mentioned, he is quite inconsistent.

So was Brady, and Cassel was a backup...I mean its just text book Patriots quarterback. 6-5, 220, big arm, a little unknown...

SmilinAssasSin27
04-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Gimme Bomar, if any. I say wait til 2010 and see how Orton does.

Nomad
04-04-2009, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't mind Pat White and implement a 'Wild BRONCO' with him! Just saying!

turftoad
04-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Just say no.

Next years QB class is way better than this years,

If the Orton/Simms experiment doesn't work out, we go QB next year.

bullis26
04-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Those list are very out of date. Nate Davis had a pro day and no one showed. Pat White pro days have been as WR only.

Right now the QB are grouped something like this.

Tier 1. Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman

Tier 2. McGee, Bomar, Teel, Painter, Cantwell

The rest. It is very weak class for the QB this year

Pat white worked out as a QB too

Nomad
04-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Just say no.

I'm not a big advocate of the QB class this year, I'm hoping Orton surprises us all! I would like to see the BRONCOS run a 'Wild Cat' but I don't think we have the RBs for that. I know I'm reaching.:D

FanInAZ
04-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Gimme Bomar, if any. I say wait til 2010 and see how Orton does.

Just say no.

I have been sold on giving Orton a fair chance chance to be our long term solution, but Simms is no solution as a back-up. Let's get someone this year who can be a good enough back-up so we can send Simms packing next year.

Never Trust a Snake
04-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Rudy Carpentar blows. He is not accurate and he is a bigger baby than Cutler.

Back in fall 2006, Carpenter lost the preseason QB battle to senior Sam Keller. Carpenter, a sophomore, brought his dad into head coach Dirk Koetter's office and threatened to transfer. One day later, Koetter gave in and named Carpenter the starter.

BTW, Cutler is not a baby.

DenBronx
04-05-2009, 06:31 PM
This is who I would like to see the Broncos target. Maybe draft him in the 4th or 5th round and let him sit a year or two. This guy has alot of talent and his idol growing up was none other than JOHN ELWAY. (see nfl.com)

5. Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State: The former Sooner overcame a series of off-field issues to put together a productive career at Sam Houston State. Noted for his strong arm and underrated athleticism, Bomar passed for more than 3,400 yards with 27 touchdowns as a senior, and flashed the ability to develop into a quality starter as a pro. If he can convince scouts that his character concerns are a thing of the past, Bomar could wind up as the biggest draft day sleeper.

Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.72.
Combine 40 Time: 4.82.
Hand Size: 9.
Projected Round (2009): 5.
12/20/08: Led Sam Houston State with 3,355 yards, 27 touchdowns and 13 picks.

10/12/08: Through three games: 62-of-97, 878 yards. Ten touchdowns, three interceptions, 9.1 YPA.

Never Trust a Snake
04-05-2009, 06:39 PM
This is who I would like to see the Broncos target. Maybe draft him in the 4th or 5th round and let him sit a year or two. This guy has alot of talent and his idol growing up was none other than JOHN ELWAY. (see nfl.com)

Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.72.
Combine 40 Time: 4.82.
Hand Size: 9.
Projected Round (2009): 5.
12/20/08: Led Sam Houston State with 3,355 yards, 27 touchdowns and 13 picks.

10/12/08: Through three games: 62-of-97, 878 yards. Ten touchdowns, three interceptions, 9.1 YPA.

McDaniels doesn't have the balls to take Bomar. It's obvious that he wants a robotic "yes" man. A quarterback he can control and take credit for. That's not Bomar. Bomar has too much an attitude for McDaniels to handle.

Overtime
04-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Painter looks interesting. His INT's cause a little worry, but he's big, built like Elway, physical...he can buy time, and he has a quick release. with a little coaching these deficiencies could be overcome. might not be a bad idea to take a better a look at him.

Get Freeman

please tell me this is a joke. :shocked: freeman sucks!

DenBronx
04-05-2009, 06:51 PM
McDaniels doesn't have the balls to take Bomar. It's obvious that he wants a robotic "yes" man. A quarterback he can control and take credit for. That's not Bomar. Bomar has too much an attitude for McDaniels to handle.

i like qb's with attitude. makes the game fun to watch. anyhow, bomar does have a strong arm and put up some decent numbers in college. he kinda reminds me of drew brees a bit even though he compares himself to elway. but for a 4th or 5th round prospect i think he would be good value.

DenBronx
04-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Painter looks interesting. His INT's cause a little worry, but he's big, built like Elway, physical...he can buy time, and he has a quick release. with a little coaching these deficiencies could be overcome. might not be a bad idea to take a better a look at him.

please tell me this is a joke. :shocked: freeman sucks!

freeman does suck. thats one qb, along with pat white that i hope we say far far far away from.

bcbronc
04-05-2009, 06:52 PM
where would Orton be on this list if he was entering the draft this year? I'm for giving him and Simms a season to see how they do in our system. worst case scenerio, they suck and we get better draft position to find their replacement.

Never Trust a Snake
04-05-2009, 06:58 PM
i like qb's with attitude. makes the game fun to watch. anyhow, bomar does have a strong arm and put up some decent numbers in college. he kinda reminds me of drew brees a bit even though he compares himself to elway. but for a 4th or 5th round prospect i think he would be good value.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Bomar. But McDaniels is too much of a vagina to bring in a QB with an attitude.

Never Trust a Snake
04-05-2009, 07:01 PM
freeman does suck. thats one qb, along with pat white that i hope we say far far far away from.

The only bad thing I can say about Pat White is his height. He has a gun for a little guy. He's probably going to be a Seneca Wallace-type backup with more value as a skill position player.

DenBronx
04-05-2009, 07:02 PM
where would Orton be on this list if he was entering the draft this year? I'm for giving him and Simms a season to see how they do in our system. worst case scenerio, they suck and we get better draft position to find their replacement.

2nd or 3rd round i would assume. he's a decent qb i guess. as long as he wins games and gets us to the playoffs ill be happy with him.

rcsodak
04-05-2009, 07:03 PM
i also like bomar. Said that in an earlier thread. He plays like elway and has a cannon. He's athletic which shanny liked but not sure if mcd does. I think he'll be gone in the 3rd, though. Maybe they'll wait til next year and get bradford-he' be perfect!

DenBronx
04-05-2009, 07:12 PM
i also like bomar. Said that in an earlier thread. He plays like elway and has a cannon. He's athletic which shanny liked but not sure if mcd does. I think he'll be gone in the 3rd, though. Maybe they'll wait til next year and get bradford-he' be perfect!

bradford would be good but how do we know were not going to be drafting 25-32? i mean if we actually do half way decent. ill be shocked but anythings possible and i see bradford possibly going in the top 5. it would suck to trade both 1st and a 3rd to draft up for him.

what if there are 4-5 teams next year in the hunt for him?

they say bomar is projected to get drafted in the 4th but someone could reach for him in the 3rd. i still wouldnt mind us getting him in the 3rd though. this kid has all the tools to be successfull in the nfl. and if elway is his idol then he's already off to a good start in my book.

however, its very possible we tank next year and draft in the top 5 anyway.

Scarface
04-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Just say no.

I'll take Mark Sanchez over anyone this year or next. Right now I'm crossing my fingers and hoping we get him. I'm not looking forward to a Kyle Orton era.

BroncoAV06
04-05-2009, 09:55 PM
That scout.com list is a pre-season list.

At this point is a late round QB worth it? For depth most likely but I wouldn't mind if they focused on all other positions for depth if they really feel that Orton can get it done... We shall see as it will soon be put up or shut up time.

Broncolingus
04-05-2009, 10:10 PM
This is not a strong draft class for QBs...next year better methinks.

Buy Harrell, Brandstater, or one of those types a plane ticket and let them fly up and take a look at them that way...

NO WAY do we 'waste' a draft choice on one of them...

SmilinAssasSin27
04-07-2009, 06:20 PM
This class sux ass.

getlynched47
04-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Here's every single Quarterback that's entered the 2009 NFL Draft

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:qb

This class sucks. I hope Orton or Simms can hold down the fort until next year.

Shazam!
04-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Sorry to keep bumping this Thread but Denver will definitely Draft a QB now with hack gone and we knew he'd be doomed.

I think it'll be after the 1st Rd and spend their Chicago 3rd so they'll essentially get two QBs for Cutler.

I think they worked out Pat White in February but he's too short I think.

BroncoJoe
04-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Sorry to keep bumping this Thread but Denver will definitely Draft a QB now with hack gone and we knew he'd be doomed.

I think it'll be after the 1st Rd and spend their Chicago 3rd so they'll essentially get two QBs for Cutler.

I don't think there's any real doubt we draft a QB. Just depends on when they pull the trigger. I just can't see McDaniels bringing in yet another veteran QB and, at least in NE, they always had three QB's on the active roster.

Shazam!
04-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Painter could be a gift if he's available.

bullis26
04-09-2009, 01:38 PM

dree brees is too short too isnt he?

turftoad
04-09-2009, 01:42 PM
dree brees is too short too isnt he?

Yep, 6 foot.

I like Chase Daniels in the later rounds. I think he can make all the throws and can escape pressure also.

He's 6 foot too. To short for NFL standards, but as you said, Brees is short too.

Shazam!
04-09-2009, 05:15 PM
There are exceptions of course.

getlynched47
04-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Yep, 6 foot.

I like Chase Daniels in the later rounds. I think he can make all the throws and can escape pressure also.

He's 6 foot too. To short for NFL standards, but as you said, Brees is short too.

I would go with Graham Harrell or Chase Daniels in the 6th or 7th round. A pet project for Josh McDaniels while he's here...maybe he can develop Chase Daniels into the next Drew Brees. For a guy Brees size, he's got a pretty good arm. Chase Daniel has skill, there's no denying that. But he finished off his final season at Missouri very poorly.

ikillz0mbies
04-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Chase Patton.

'Nuff said. CoachChaz is on my side with this QB.

getlynched47
04-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Chase Patton.

'Nuff said. CoachChaz is on my side with this QB.

Who the eff is this guy?

He's not even on the QB's list:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:qb