PDA

View Full Version : Can Nate Irving play WLB?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-15-2012, 07:20 PM
With the comment earlier by some "twitter expert" that we are focused on signing a MLB and the recent news that McClain of the Ravens will be visiting, it appears that Irving may have to wait a bit for his shot in the middle.

HOWEVA...we do have DJ the Idiot who, if he loses his appeal, will be out for a third of the season.

Can Irving move outside?

Northman
03-15-2012, 07:23 PM
He has the talent too but whether or not he can be effective enough i dont know. I kind of thought he would of been contributing more last year.

CoachChaz
03-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Irving played all over the place at NC St. im sure he would do well at WILL...probably a better spot for him anyway

SmilinAssasSin27
03-15-2012, 07:28 PM
OR...does McClain go outside, if signed? Ravens do run a 3-4 afterall. Just cuz he spelled Ray Ray doesn't mean he can't move outside in a 4-3? Just food for thought.

Krugan
03-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Hoping they are pushing to bring back Woodyard.

Good special teams guy and can play outside.

Not to mention is a character guy.

MLB is what we need, lets hop ethis guy learned something from Ray and they can bring him in.

Not the learning how to stab and get away with it part though.

G_Money
03-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Yes. If Woodyard isn't coming back I'm fine with Predator as a Will. I want a vet leader and badass at Mike. There are some good ones available.

~G

UnderArmour
03-15-2012, 09:49 PM
We really need to re-sign Woodyard not just because he fills the backup role behind DJ and will need to start games for us, but because of his value on special teams and as a nickel player for us. Hopefully once Peyton decides one way or the other we start to get some deals done with Bunkley and Woodyard.

dogfish
03-15-2012, 10:05 PM
sure. . . seems like he has an acceptable skill set for it, and i frankly think it's an easier position to translate to the pros than MIKE-- little less physically demanding, and you aren't calling the defense. . . if the coaching staff likes him there, it's a good opportunity to get him on the field and see what we've got. . .

dogfish
03-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Yes. If Woodyard isn't coming back I'm fine with Predator as a Will. I want a vet leader and badass at Mike. There are some good ones available.

~G

he needs a better nickname. . . too many other "predators" out there. . .

UnderArmour
03-15-2012, 10:08 PM
he needs a better nickname. . . here alone, we've recently had chuckwurah and squid thompson get called predator. . .

Don't forget about Perrish Cox.

:couch:

DenBronx
03-15-2012, 10:50 PM
testing