PDA

View Full Version : So? Despite what has transpired do you still give McDaniels a chance this year?

Northman
04-02-2009, 10:30 PM
I posed this same question on the Mane and wanted to get a vibe on here.

I see a lot of Doom and Gloom around here and a lot of pissed off folks which is normal. But lets be real, Jay wanted to be traded and he got what he wanted regardless of why he wanted it. In the end he didnt want to be here so now we move on. As a Bronco fan i havent liked everything McDaniels has done and hold him just as responsible for the Cutler fiasco as Jay but still, we have to move on. So now it comes down to who is actually rooting for Denver to do well? Are some of you so mad that you want McDaniels to fail just so you can say everyone else was wrong about trading Cutler? Or will you get behind the team and wish them success this year regardless of the loss of Jay?

LoyalSoldier
04-02-2009, 10:31 PM
I give him a chance, but he is on a very short rope. If I don't start seeing improvement I am only going to be more and more pissed off at him.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 10:32 PM
We have no choice...

Denver27og
04-02-2009, 10:33 PM
i will never like mcdick.. EVER.. he will be gone soon.. and his patriot way will go withhim

UnderArmour
As long as we win football games, nothing else matters. Period.

honz
Of course, but then again we really don't have a choice.

MasterShake
No matter what, a week before the opener I always get this grin on my face thinking we will go 16-0 somehow. I did it with Elway, Griese, Plummer, and Cutler and I'll do it with Orton Hears a Who or whatever his name is. I'm a Broncos fan before I'm an anything fan. I'll cheer the Nuggets, Avs, Rockies, but I'll bleed the orange and blue and so will my son when he gets a bit older. He better or his ass is getting shipped to Chicago for a first round draft pick and son who knows his priorities. :lol:

hotcarl
04-02-2009, 10:34 PM
no

this year is over

this rebuilding is so ironic tho

goodbye my friend, a rose to you, lo siento

feliz ******* navidad

anton...
04-02-2009, 10:34 PM
broncos are and always will be #1

if you wish anything but success for the broncos, as far as im concerned, you can get out...

:beer:

Lonestar
04-02-2009, 10:35 PM
I think he will do fine now the cancer has been cutlered out.. He will bring a much better TEAM to the field than the past few years..

The schedule is brutal and I was thinking it was a 5-11 season before all of this..

I might even think now it may be better than this.. depending on draft choices and June 1 pickups..

For sure we will have a real defensive scheme again.. whether it works or not time will tell..

slim
04-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Of course. Anyone that wants the team to fail just so they can stroke their ego can GFTO.

BroncoWave
04-02-2009, 10:37 PM
I am giving him a complete free pass this year. While I hope we do well, I won't be devastated to see us wind up with a pick good enough to land Bradford. Now if we don't show any signs of improvement in his second year, I will start to shorten that leash on him.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 10:39 PM
I am giving him a complete free pass this year. While I hope we do well, I won't be devastated to see us wind up with a pick good enough to land Bradford. Now if we don't show any signs of improvement in his second year, I will start to shorten that leash on him.

Bowlen wants to win now.......McDaniels sold Bowlen on winning NOW, not in a year or two. He must have convinced Bowlen that could uphold his promise even without Cutler. He better be successful this year or else all the critics will be all over him. Bowlen might even lose faith in him...

FanInAZ
04-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Those of you who have known me for years know how I have taken every oppertunity to dog the Cardinals every year. I was doing all last year, but then something strange happened. They just starting winning! Their was no apparent reason nor advanced warning that they would. They just did. Then all of the sudden, they were in the Super Bowl. And then they were winning the Superbowl with less then 2 minutes left in the game.

If the Arizona Cardinals can almost win a Superbowl, then we can win the Superbowl. My bold prediction for next year, I sure hope we beat out the Chiefs for 2nd place in our divition.

MasterShake
04-02-2009, 10:47 PM
I think he will do fine now the cancer has been cutlered out.. He will bring a much better TEAM to the field than the past few years..

The schedule is brutal and I was thinking it was a 5-11 season before all of this..

I might even think now it may be better than this.. depending on draft choices and June 1 pickups..

For sure we will have a real defensive scheme again.. whether it works or not time will tell..

I keep thinking that too, a TEAM. Think back to the 13-3 season in 2005. It was about position players and teammates working for each other, not superstars with no chemistry. If I see a good team effort, I will be happy.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Those of you who have known me for years know how I have taken every oppertunity to dog the Cardinals every year. I was doing all last year, but then something strange happened. They just starting winning! Their was no apparent reason nor advanced warning that they would. They just did. Then all of the sudden, they were in the Super Bowl. And then they were winning the Superbowl with less then 2 minutes left in the game.

If the Arizona Cardinals can almost win a Superbowl, then we can win the Superbowl. My bold prediction for next year, I sure hope we beat out the Chiefs for 2nd place in our divition.

The Cardinals didnt have a totally inept, 32 year old Boozoo that traded their franchise away for draft picks (which come with risks).

BigSarge87
04-02-2009, 10:51 PM
No matter what, a week before the opener I always get this grin on my face thinking we will go 16-0 somehow. I did it with Elway, Griese, Plummer, and Cutler and I'll do it with Orton Hears a Who or whatever his name is. I'm a Broncos fan before I'm an anything fan. I'll cheer the Nuggets, Avs, Rockies, but I'll bleed the orange and blue and so will my son when he gets a bit older. He better or his ass is getting shipped to Chicago for a first round draft pick and son who knows his priorities. :lol:

That is an instant classic post! LMFAO

(BTW, go Jazz!)

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 10:55 PM
If he turns Denver into a contender, he'll be the best thing since power windows, whoever the starting QB is he'll be better than his predecessors, and everyone will forget who Jay Cutler is and this whole debacle. Winning erases all the bad memories, Broncos fans know this particularly well.

Another note on this as I said in another Thread- Our new QB(s) won't have to live up to John Elway, they'll have to live up to Cutler, which is much, much, easier.

BroncoWave
04-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Bowlen wants to win now.......McDaniels sold Bowlen on winning NOW, not in a year or two. He must have convinced Bowlen that could uphold his promise even without Cutler. He better be successful this year or else all the critics will be all over him. Bowlen might even lose faith in him...

I think Bowlen is smart enough to know that this process will take time. He may SAY that he expects the Broncos to win this year, I think he will give McD at least a year of leeway before he puts him on the hotseat. While I hope that we stun the world and do awesome this year, I wouldn't be too depressed if we wound up with a high draft pick and got Bradford.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 11:01 PM
I think Bowlen is smart enough to know that this process will take time. He may SAY that he expects the Broncos to win this year, I think he will give McD at least a year of leeway before he puts him on the hotseat. While I hope that we stun the world and do awesome this year, I wouldn't be too depressed if we wound up with a high draft pick and got Bradford.

Have you forgot already? McDaniels values the "System" Quarterback over the physically gifted, extremely talented Quarterback. I dont think Bradford fits McDaniels' mold. I wouldnt be surprised if Orton is our starter for 2+ years.

BroncoWave
04-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Have you forgot already? McDaniels values the "System" Quarterback over the physically gifted, extremely talented Quarterback. I dont think Bradford fits McDaniels' mold. I wouldnt be surprised if Orton is our starter for 2+ years.

Bradford is the PERFECT fit for McD's offense. He's smart, accurate, and used to playing in the spread. Sure, McD likes the late round gems but I don't think he is scared to take a stud in the first round if he's a good fit for the team. If we suck this year and Orton is a disappointment, and Bradford is available for us to pick, I definintely think McD would go after him.

Day1BroncoFan
04-02-2009, 11:06 PM
I'm giving him at least one or two years.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Bradford is the PERFECT fit for McD's offense. He's smart, accurate, and used to playing in the spread. Sure, McD likes the late round gems but I don't think he is scared to take a stud in the first round if he's a good fit for the team. If we suck this year and Orton is a disappointment, and Bradford is available for us to pick, I definintely think McD would go after him.

I hope so. For some reason I cringe at the thought of Orton being our QB for 3+ years :sick:

Medford Bronco
04-02-2009, 11:07 PM
As long as we win football games, nothing else matters. Period.

Agreed, winning cures all.

I will give him a chance, I dont expect much in 09. I hope to be 8-8 but 2010 they better be a playoff team or I wont be happy by then,

Timmy!
04-02-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm not giving him a free pass, and I think he's 1/2 to blame for this entire drama, but, I will have patience. Let's see how we use all this draft ammo, and how the end product is on the field. If we tank this year (I personally don't think we will), I can understand it, to a point. I want to see improvement from week 1-17. No matter what (unless we only get 2 wins, which, despite the wishes of some posters, is NOT going to happen), he will be back next year. You have to give a new head coach some time to get who he wants and what he needs to be a success. That being said, he needs to impress a lot faster now that he did when he was hired because of his idiocy.

Medford Bronco
04-02-2009, 11:11 PM

Brady is talented and its BS for anyone to call him a system QB

Brady will be in the HOF and I would be shocked to see the headcase, turnover machine in Chicago get there.

He just wants to win and maybe he though he could not do that with a QB who has zero, nada, none, not one, winning seasons since High School.

ikillz0mbies
04-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Yes, I'm giving McDaniels a chance this year. The season hasn't even started and already he is getting McFail nicknames. How about we see how he does when the season starts?

MasterShake
04-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Yes, I'm giving McDaniels a chance this year. The season hasn't even started and already he is getting McFail nicknames. How about we see how he does when the season starts?

A post with some BRAAAIIINNNS....

Cool avatar.:D

Superchop 7
04-02-2009, 11:21 PM
I want him gone,period, end of story.

Should have gotten a defensive coach.

ikillz0mbies
04-02-2009, 11:31 PM
No one knows how McDaniels' decisions (FA moves, trades, draft, etc.) will turn out. Why? Because the regular season hasn't started! The season is where we all get to judge his coaching, the roster moves hes made, and such. But instead, he is an instant failure because he traded Jay Cutler. The Broncos will go 0-16, 3-13, move to the CFL, what ever.

So what if he succeeds? What then? He's still a failure. He can win countless Super Bowls, yet he is still a failure because many on here have their lips on Cutler's ass.

RJalias
04-02-2009, 11:40 PM
I will keep an open opinion of McDaniels. Just because some fans are frustrated and angry we get to hear how he is a failure even before the first game. I'm sorry but Jay Cutler didn't make this team good, the ownership and the staff did, and if the new adminstration can keep on the tradition of winning then I will be more than happy to support them.

Also I support Pat Bowlen, a man that has been the ownership since 1984. Who's main priority is whats best for the organization and not just whats best for one player. Considering we had Elway and other wonderful players, 2 Superbowls, etc, I personally will refrain from thinking that our Bronco head office has lost their minds. They haven't.

Northman
04-02-2009, 11:42 PM
I will keep an open opinion of McDaniels. Just because some fans are frustrated and angry we get to hear how he is a failure even before the first game. I'm sorry but Jay Cutler didn't make this team good, the ownership and the staff did, and if the new adminstration can keep on the tradition of winning then I will be more than happy to support them.

Also I support Pat Bowlen, a man that has been the ownership since 1984. Who's main priority is whats best for the organization and not just whats best for one player. Considering we had Elway and other wonderful players, 2 Superbowls, etc, I personally will refrain from thinking that our Bronco head office has lost their minds. They haven't.

Good post and although i dont totally agree with you about Jay making this team good but it will certainly be interesting to see how Jay deals with the Chicago Oline. One that notoriously allowed Grossman and Orton to get repeatedly punished on gameday. And deep down i want that tradition to continue for Jay while he is there.

ikillz0mbies
04-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Good post and although i dont totally agree with you about Jay making this team good but it will certainly be interesting to see how Jay deals with the Chicago Oline. One that notoriously allowed Grossman and Orton to get repeatedly punished on gameday. And deep down i want that tradition to continue for Jay while he is there.

At least Cutler is mobile to scramble and gain a few yards, something Chicago hasn't had.

Northman
04-02-2009, 11:53 PM
At least Cutler is mobile to scramble and gain a few yards, something Chicago hasn't had.

Oh, if they dont get any WR help he will be doing a lot of that. :lol:

Bozo Jr.
04-02-2009, 11:53 PM
i will never like mcdick.. EVER.. he will be gone soon.. and his patriot way will go withhim

OMG cry me a river to paddle down! He's our coach now...don't like it, move to Chicago.

weazel
04-02-2009, 11:54 PM
no way man, we better win the superbowl this season! After we win the superbowl I want Bowlen to declare, "This one's for you Jay!"

Bozo Jr.
04-02-2009, 11:55 PM
broncos are and always will be #1

if you wish anything but success for the broncos, as far as im concerned, you can get out...

:beer:

People take note: this is a real Denver fan! :salute::salute::salute::salute:

omac
04-02-2009, 11:56 PM

I see a lot of Doom and Gloom around here and a lot of pissed off folks which is normal. But lets be real, Jay wanted to be traded and he got what he wanted regardless of why he wanted it. In the end he didnt want to be here so now we move on. As a Bronco fan i havent liked everything McDaniels has done and hold him just as responsible for the Cutler fiasco as Jay but still, we have to move on. So now it comes down to who is actually rooting for Denver to do well? Are some of you so mad that you want McDaniels to fail just so you can say everyone else was wrong about trading Cutler? Or will you get behind the team and wish them success this year regardless of the loss of Jay?

I thought this was a good resolution to the situation; it was obvious that Jay could not trust McDaniels, and that McDaniels wanted his kind of QB. They both got what they wanted ... Jay not playing for McDaniels, and playing for a team he used to root for as a kid, and McDaniels getting Orton, two #1s and a 3rd, though he did give up a 5th. For McDaniels, he has an NFL ready QB to step in who's had some pretty solid games, plus more amunition to build the defense.

Like I keep saying, I'll give him an honest chance. I think this can work out pretty well. :cheers:

omac
04-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Oh, if they dont get any WR help he will be doing a lot of that. :lol:

Not to mention, their drafted LT, Chris Williams, hasn't panned out that great yet. Aren't we glad Shanahan/Goodmans chose Clady instead, despite people fearing he won't make it in the NFL, because of playing in a weak college conference? :cheers:

red98
04-02-2009, 11:59 PM

Good question. I think it was huge mistake to trade JC, but I don't think there was anything McKid could do about it once JC (and Bowlen) made up his mind.

Objectively I think he'll be gone in 2 years, but I also think he has a chance to overcome this and win.

I am a Broncos fan so I hope I'm wrong and McKid becomes McWinner.

Northman
04-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Not to mention, their drafted LT, Chris Williams, hasn't panned out that great yet. Aren't we glad Shanahan/Goodmans chose Clady instead, despite people fearing he won't make it in the NFL, because of playing in a weak college conference? :cheers:

Well, i did see the Chicago got Orlando Pace but he is pretty much past his prime. But at least they made an attempt to protect Jay.

shank
04-03-2009, 12:02 AM
while it's not what i wanted, i'm moderately happy with how this cutler thing has ended up. i still think we need some great picks to give us a chance to come out ahead overall...

but McD is still in a very big hole with me because of the mike leach thing and the fact that he let this whole cutler thing even occur. it plain and simple should NEVER have reached this point. if he really didn't want cutler, then he took a retarded way of getting what he wanted.

while he's in a hole, wins will help me to forget. and he better avoid doing any more stupid questionable shit until he has some wins to hang his hat on.

weazel
04-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Well, i did see the Chicago got Orlando Pace but he is pretty much past his prime. But at least they made an attempt to protect Jay.

Pace can definitely still pass protect. I think they will be just fine.

shank
04-03-2009, 12:06 AM

i don't think their line will be AS bad, but still has a way to go. they have chris williams (it's not that he's not panned out, he was injured) and they just signed kevin shaffer. they also signed orlando pace. i suspect that chris williams' injury set him back, and pace will man the spot until williams is 100% and ready to go. if they get some receivers in chi-town cutler will be in pretty decent shape.

Timmy!
04-03-2009, 12:07 AM
i don't think their line will be AS bad, but still has a way to go. they have chris williams (it's not that he's not panned out, he was injured) and they just signed kevin shaffer. they also signed orlando pace. i suspect that chris williams' injury set him back, and pace will man the spot until williams is 100% and ready to go. if they get some receivers in chi-town cutler will be in pretty decent shape.

IF. Not like they have a 1st round pick to do it :D

Cutler has no idea how good he had it in Denver. Somebody bump this in 9 months.

shank
04-03-2009, 12:10 AM
IF. Not like the have a 1st round pick to do it :D

Cutler has no idea how good he had it in Denver. Somebody bump this in 9 months.

i'm not saying that he will have it as good as he had it here... not even close. i'm just saying that i don't think the line will be as bad as it has been.

cutler looked terrible in the probowl when he had to deal with pass rush. we'll see how he handles the increase of pressure in chicago.

Timmy!
04-03-2009, 12:12 AM
i'm not saying that he will have it as good as he had it here... not even close. i'm just saying that i don't think the line will be as bad as it has been.

cutler looked terrible in the probowl when he had to deal with pass rush. we'll see how he handles the increase of pressure in chicago.

Yes, we most certainly will. Somebody needs to make a "eat your crow" thread.....8 months early. :D

I will post there if I should.

shank
04-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Yes, we most certainly will. Somebody needs to make a "eat your crow" thread.....8 months early. :D

I will post there if I should.

i'm always happy to eat crow after condemning the broncos actions, because it means that they found success, despite what my dumb ass thought...

i couldn't be happier with how wrong i was about ryan clady, for example.

Timmy!
04-03-2009, 12:18 AM
i'm always happy to eat crow after condemning the broncos actions, because it means that they found success, despite what my dumb ass thought...

i couldn't be happier with how wrong i was about ryan clady, for example.

Yup. I had a couple crow nuggets on that one too, not as much as some around here. I ate way more crow on the Royal pick. I was begging for anything but a WR in the 2nd.

omac
04-03-2009, 12:22 AM

I liked the Pace pickup a lot, but it tells me they might have wasted a top, 1st round pick on Williams the season before. But heck, most of us already declared Ryan Harris a bust after his 1st year here, and he's been beyond stellar ever since.

red98
04-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Yup. I had a couple crow nuggets on that one too, not as much as some around here. I hate way more crow on the Royal pick. I was begging for anything but a WR in the 2nd.

I walked around for 2 days intermittently shaking my head and saying 'Eddie Royal?"

omac
04-03-2009, 12:26 AM

Btw, cool av; Orton is the man! :woot: :D

Timmy!
04-03-2009, 12:26 AM
I walked around for 2 days intermittently shaking my head and saying 'Eddie Royal?"

I had never heard of the guy. Then I watched some video. I was pretty impressed, but I thought the guy was more so going to help somewhat on offense, and be a huge special teams threat. After Monday night against the Raiders I was dipping crow in BBQ sauce and dancing around like an idiot.

shank
04-03-2009, 12:30 AM
I liked the Pace pickup a lot, but it tells me they might have wasted a top, 1st round pick on Williams the season before. But heck, most of us already declared Ryan Harris a bust after his 1st year here, and he's been beyond stellar ever since.

i don't think that williams will be a bust. i just think they are worried about his injury setting him back. with the big guys, i usually suspect that they quickly get out of football shape as well. i feel like pace is an insurance policy while williams gets his swagger back.

IF he does bust, however, i will have to eat crow on him as well because i wanted chris williams instead of clady. (i wanted jonathan stewart over both).

red98
04-03-2009, 12:35 AM
I had never heard of the guy. Then I watched some video. I was pretty impressed, but I thought the guy was more so going to help somewhat on offense, and be a huge special teams threat. After Monday night against the Raiders I was dipping crow in BBQ sauce and dancing around like an idiot.

Same exact thing!

I think I even posted that he would relieve stokley in the slot when needed and get a few plays here and there while returning kicks as he develops yada yada yada.

After that game, no after the first few series, I was like "Eddie F**** Royal baby!!! Whoo Hooo!!!

By the way I love that kid now, he is a Rod Smith like pro, attitude wise, and made Hall look like a blind farmer chasing a hen.

lex
04-03-2009, 12:43 AM
If McDaniels does suitably well at the draft, Ill give him a chance. If not, Im going Napolean this season. Im starting to warm up to Orton though.

Northman
04-03-2009, 12:43 AM
If McDaniels does suitably well at the draft, Ill give him a chance. If not, Im going Napolean this season. Im starting to warm up to Orton though.

Im actually amazed at how calm you are now. :lol:

shank
04-03-2009, 12:44 AM

i was a smidgen right about eddie. when i watched him at the combine, he was the most impressive WR there IMO. he ran great and caught everything in the drills. i had him in one of my mocks in round 3. i asked if he would go in the 2nd round and i'm pretty sure that lex called me stupid. i never thought we'd get him, and was surprised, but i knew that i liked the guy, so i wasn't really mad after they announced the pick. (i wanted trevor laws)

Bronco4ever
04-03-2009, 12:47 AM
I've been staying out of the main forums for awhile. All the drama drove me nuts. But after sitting down and thinking about our team, I think our offense will be fine without Cutler. We still have all the pieces in place to have a great offense. If McDaniels can work his magic in either Orton or Simms or draftee, we can win some games. All this young talent we are going to get from this trade definitely has me excited. I'll give McDaniels this year for sure. I'm just glad the trade is done so it will be a little more tolerable to visit the main forum.

Kapaibro
04-03-2009, 12:49 AM
I think that any wins or losses will be a team effort. The coaches and players will need to work hard to gel this year.

omac
04-03-2009, 12:53 AM
i don't think that williams will be a bust. i just think they are worried about his injury setting him back. with the big guys, i usually suspect that they quickly get out of football shape as well. i feel like pace is an insurance policy while williams gets his swagger back.

IF he does bust, however, i will have to eat crow on him as well because i wanted chris williams instead of clady. (i wanted jonathan stewart over both).

Yeah, me too. But I didn't expect Clady to be a bust, though, just that Williams would prove to be better.

lex
04-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Im actually amazed at how calm you are now. :lol:

I hate McDaniels but if he does suitably well in the draft, I could start to look past his flaws. Like I said when Shanahan was here, I think we need more balance in terms of a running game and defense. I didnt like everything about Cutler but, like I said, I actually hate McDaniels and am thoroughly disgusted with Pat. But again, Ive been hoping for a more balanced team for a while, one that will take advantage of strengths (ie the running game). If McDaniels shows signs of delivering that, I could warm up to the way things are going. So, Ill reserve judgment until the draft.

Northman
04-03-2009, 12:58 AM
I hate McDaniels but if he does suitable well in the draft, I could start to look past his flaws. Like I said when Shanahan was here, I think we need more balance in terms of a running game and defense. I didnt like everything about Cutler but, like I said, I actually hate McDaniels and am thoroughly disgusted with Pat. But againg, Ive been hoping for a more balance team for a while, one that will take advantage of strengths (ie the running game). If McDaniels shows signs of delivering that, I could warm up to the way things are going. So, Ill reserve judgment until the draft.

True. If McD fails this year he will never hear the end of it from me. But did you see my latest Mock? I think you might actually like it this time. Except for the later rounds which are generally garbage anyway. :lol:

red98
04-03-2009, 01:12 AM
I hate McDaniels but if he does suitably well in the draft, I could start to look past his flaws. Like I said when Shanahan was here, I think we need more balance in terms of a running game and defense. I didnt like everything about Cutler but, like I said, I actually hate McDaniels and am thoroughly disgusted with Pat. But again, Ive been hoping for a more balanced team for a while, one that will take advantage of strengths (ie the running game). If McDaniels shows signs of delivering that, I could warm up to the way things are going. So, Ill reserve judgment until the draft.

So if he grabs Wells we'll be ok?

(just kidding :D)

Reidman
04-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Gone before the season ends.....

Elevation inc
04-03-2009, 01:30 AM
no, no i dont.....they are continually proving to be an inexperienced FO team. I have no doubt in my mind this draft will be full of reaches and non impact players on defense simply because they havent a clue what they are doing.

MCD sealed his fate, we will be lucky to win 4 games next year, and MCdaniels will be lucky to make it through midseason, before Dennison or nolan takes over.......either i would prefer at this point.

I dont take sides on any of this anymore, but i am not blind enough to not realize we are headed for a crash course lesson in what 4 wins in a year feels like......

Im sorry MCD has way to many factors against him right now. History and trends are against him.

and trends and history are that way for a reason......

red98
04-03-2009, 01:36 AM
no, no i dont.....they are continually proving to be an inexperienced FO team. I have no doubt in my mind this draft will be full of reaches and non impact players on defense simply because they havent a clue what they are doing.

MCD sealed his fate, we will be lucky to win 4 games next year, and MCdaniels will be lucky to make it through midseason, before Dennison or nolan takes over.......either i would prefer at this point.

I dont take sides on any of this anymore, but i am not blind enough to not realize we are headed for a crash course lesson in what 4 wins in a year feels like......

Im sorry MCD has way to many factors against him right now. History and trends are against him.

and trends and history are that way for a reason......

Calm down bro, there is a shortage of Italian based broncos fans and we would hate to lose you.

I agree the trade is epic fail but I'm not sure there was a choice for McKid at
this point.

Let's at least give the kid a few games before we label him a dud. Maybe he'll
make history.

Shazam!
04-03-2009, 01:48 AM
The only difference between McDaniels arrival and Shanahan's in 1995 is the QB position, and Cutler was not Elway. Both were hot young coordinators from winning systems who came to a team with the worst defense in the NFL. McD knows QBs so there is hope. I have some faith until Denver is a mess on the field. Then I'll be the first to say off with his head.

Elevation inc
04-03-2009, 01:48 AM
Calm down bro, there is a shortage of Italian based broncos fans and we would hate to lose you.

I agree the trade is epic fail but I'm not sure there was a choice for McKid at
this point.

Let's at least give the kid a few games before we label him a dud. Maybe he'll
make history.

fair enough....and im not totally out of control....i just really think MCD and xanders dont have what it takes to run a team....they just dont seem savy enough period!!!!

this isnt about Mcjaygate, this for me is about talent evaluation....which in my eyes they lack as bad as shanny did at evaluating defense.

I dont mind the trade that much and what we got, but MCD better pray he is as good a QB coach as he thinks he is, because against the teams we play next year he is gonna need all the help he can get

FYI, I actually am american, i just married a italian....lol so i got lucky.....

and im not going anywhere, i just dont approve of whats going on.....right now.....

Timmy!
04-03-2009, 01:53 AM
fair enough....and im not totally out of control....i just really think MCD and xanders dont have what it takes to run a team....they just dont seem savy enough period!!!!

this isnt about Mcjaygate, this for me is about talent evaluation....which in my eyes they lack as bad as shanny did at evaluating defense.

I dont mind the trade that much and what we got, but MCD better pray he is as good a QB coach as he thinks he is, because against the teams we play next year he is gonna need all the help he can get

FYI, I actually am american, i just married a italian....lol so i got lucky.....
and im not going anywhere, i just dont approve of whats going on.....right now.....

Good post. I'm willing to give the FO rooks the benefit of the doubt, for now. We damn well better have a nice draft (or make some fine trades on draft day or b4 then). I liked Cutler, a lot. I hate having to give up my jersey, BUT, there is no room on this team for crybabies, so be it. IMO, 2 1sts, a 3rd, and Orton wasn't a bad deal. I call it a push. In a couple years, either the Broncos or Bears will come up as the big winners. You can't call it right now.

The way I hear it, nice work on the Italian girl :D

Shazam!
04-03-2009, 01:56 AM
fair enough....and im not totally out of control....i just really think MCD and xanders dont have what it takes to run a team....they just dont seem savy enough period!!!

Mike Nolan = Instant Upgrade

Ron Fields could be the 3-4 NT who knows the system.

Plethora of experienced situational Backs.

Dawkins provides leadership and example sorely missed with losses of Lynch and Wilson over the years.

Jabar Gaffney knows McD's system and will help Denver assimilate and perhaps improve Marshall.

Good moves, but the Draft will tell us a lot.

Elevation inc
04-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Good post. I'm willing to give the FO rooks the benefit of the doubt, for now. We damn well better have a nice draft (or make some fine trades on draft day or b4 then). I liked Cutler, a lot. I hate having to give up my jersey, BUT, there is no room on this team for crybabies, so be it. IMO, 2 1sts, a 3rd, and Orton wasn't a bad deal. I call it a push. In a couple years, either the Broncos or Bears will come up as the big winners. You can't call it right now.

The way I hear it, nice work on the Italian girl :D

i actually wanted a 1st and third from the jets, a first next year and brett ratliff.....i think we got fair value.....and i dont mind orton that much....

but MCd has just not proven along with xanders to have made entirley savy decisions in any of whats going on....

this draft is so key for next year, some are undervaluing its importance.

I would feel alot better if we still had the goodmans......:salute:

Elevation inc
04-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Mike Nolan = Instant Upgrade

Ron Fields could be the 3-4 NT who knows the system.

Plethora of experienced situational Backs.

Dawkins provides leadership and example sorely missed with losses of Lynch and Wilson over the years.

Jabar Gaffney knows McD's system and will help Denver assimilate and perhaps improve Marshall.

Good moves, but the Draft will tell us a lot.

fair enough, but to me the draft is far more important than FA, and neither MCD/xanders has the expirience or track record to make me feel good about whats to come, especially since they made the decision to can the guys responsible for the only talent that has been drafted here lately.

to me thats a much more big deal than FA.......

Tempus Fugit
04-03-2009, 02:03 AM
Anyone who thought that this Broncos team was going to have a winning record next year with the cast that was around at the end of the season is in need of intensive psychiatric help. Cutler & company had just parlayed an easy schedule into an 8-8 record and the team's upcoming schedule is much more difficult.

Well, Cutler is now gone, but the team has 2 first round picks in each of the next two seasons, along with an extra third round pick this year. The team has strengthened the safety position, the running back position, the linebacker position and the wide receiver position, and the draft hasn't even been held yet.

It's quite possible that this Broncos team could be a better team than last year's and still finish with a worse record. Broncos fans would do well to remember that this was going to be a rebuilding effort even before Cutler threw his hissy fit and Marshall put himself in a position where a suspension is possible.

red98
04-03-2009, 02:05 AM

Dude I'm right there with you. Most long time fans will be on McKids ass all season long, schedule be dammed, looking for wins.

I think you're right about the current FO, I just don't think they have had enough time time to decide for sure yet.

Your location says Italy is that where you live?

Anyway, glad you're hanging with the Orange and Blue.

Also, no direspect to your Mrs., but Italian girls are hot!, so well done.

LoyalSoldier
04-03-2009, 02:07 AM
The only difference between McDaniels arrival and Shanahan's in 1995 is the QB position, and Cutler was not Elway. Both were hot young coordinators from winning systems who came to a team with the worst defense in the NFL. McD knows QBs so there is hope. I have some faith until Denver is a mess on the field. Then I'll be the first to say off with his head.

Minus the fact Shanahan had been here as a coach before, worked with Elway, kept players from the previous coaches, and didn't drive Elway out of town.

LoyalSoldier
04-03-2009, 02:08 AM
Anyone who thought that this Broncos team was going to have a winning record next year with the cast that was around at the end of the season is in need of intensive psychiatric help. Cutler & company had just parlayed an easy schedule into an 8-8 record and the team's upcoming schedule is much more difficult.

Well, Cutler is now gone, but the team has 2 first round picks in each of the next two seasons, along with an extra third round pick this year. The team has strengthened the safety position, the running back position, the linebacker position and the wide receiver position, and the draft hasn't even been held yet.

It's quite possible that this Broncos team could be a better team than last year's and still finish with a worse record. Broncos fans would do well to remember that this was going to be a rebuilding effort even before Cutler threw his hissy fit and Marshall put himself in a position where a suspension is possible.

If you call facing the best division record wise in the NFC and AFC easy then be my guest.

I always hear "OH IT IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH TOUGHER NEXT YEAR!!!!!111oneoneone", but the fact is nobody knows.

red98
04-03-2009, 02:11 AM
i actually wanted a 1st and third from the jets, a first next year and brett ratliff.....i think we got fair value.....and i dont mind orton that much....

but MCd has just not proven along with xanders to have made entirley savy decisions in any of whats going on....

this draft is so key for next year, some are undervaluing its importance.

I would feel alot better if we still had the goodmans......:salute:

Holy shite! I was hoping for the Jets trade and picking up the rat too!

The guy has always been a backup who preforms great when given the chance to start (injury,etc.)

He fits the Patriots way to a "t"!

Elevation inc
04-03-2009, 02:15 AM
Dude I'm right there with you. Most long time fans will be on McKids ass all season long, schedule be dammed, looking for wins.

I think you're right about the current FO, I just don't think they have had enough time time to decide for sure yet.

Your location says Italy is that where you live?

Anyway, glad you're hanging with the Orange and Blue.

Also, no direspect to your Mrs., but Italian girls are hot!, so well done.

thank you much:salute:, and yes i live in italy about a hour north of venice. I work on a military base for DOD here, used to be in the AF...did eight years then seperated after my last tour to iraq.....wanted time to watch the broncos and hang with my wife and kid...lol

and i bleed orange and blue....went to my first game at mile high over 20 years ago...., born and bred in Ft collins Colorado:salute:

Tempus Fugit
04-03-2009, 02:21 AM
If you call facing the best division record wise in the NFC and AFC easy then be my guest.

I always hear "OH IT IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH TOUGHER NEXT YEAR!!!!!111oneoneone", but the fact is nobody knows.

They faced the AFC West, which was a terrible division. The Chiefs and Chargers should be better this year. What one can expect from the Raiders is beyond the power of mortals to know.

They faced a Buffalo team that lost 8 of its last 10 games, and lost.

They got a win against the Chargers that they didn't deserve, and should really have been 7-9.

They lost to the Raiders.

They lost to a Jaguars team that was devastated by injury all year long and was never the team it should have been.

Next year is likely to be much more difficult.

lex
04-03-2009, 02:22 AM
So if he grabs Wells we'll be ok?

(just kidding :D)

I know you said you were kidding but, I would like it if they drafted Wells. But also, I would definitely not be ok with drafting a QB in the first.

lex
04-03-2009, 02:22 AM
thank you much:salute:, and yes i live in italy about a hour north of venice. I work on a military base for DOD here, used to be in the AF...did eight years then seperated after my last tour to iraq.....wanted time to watch the broncos and hang with my wife and kid...lol

and i bleed orange and blue....went to my first game at mile high over 20 years ago...., born and bred in Ft collins Colorado:salute:

Aviano?

red98
04-03-2009, 02:24 AM

I think, since we changed the entire front office and coaching staff, that no one expected to have the same players as last year.

With a stacked o-line, pro-bowl qb and 2 very good young recievers, most thought we only needed a decent running back and a slightly less than disgusting D to win 10 games.

Anything less will be seen as a failure for McKid by many, and rightfully so.

Since JC is gone now though, I think McKid has more time to show us what he's got.

LoyalSoldier
04-03-2009, 02:26 AM
They faced the AFC West, which was a terrible division. The Chiefs and Chargers should be better this year. What one can expect from the Raiders is beyond the power of mortals to know.

They faced a Buffalo team that lost 8 of its last 10 games, and lost.

They got a win against the Chargers that they didn't deserve, and should really have been 7-9.

They lost to the Raiders.

They lost to a Jaguars team that was devastated by injury all year long and was never the team it should have been.

Next year is likely to be much more difficult.

Apart from missing the point about how our schedule was tough this year and that we have no clue about next year.....

How about the 11-5 Pats, 11-5 Phins, the 9-7 Jets, the 12-4 Panthers, the 11-5 Falcons, the 9-7 Bucs, or the 8-8 Saints Oh yea those teams with an average record of 10 wins don't matter. That's just 7 out of 16 games (almost half) against winning or .500 teams outside of the division.

red98
04-03-2009, 02:27 AM
I know you said you were kidding but, I would like it if they drafted Wells. But also, I would definitely not be ok with drafting a QB in the first.

I hear ya Lex, I remember your pre-draft posts from last year, that's why the kidding about a stud RB.

NO 1st rd QB in 2009, agreed!

Timmy!
04-03-2009, 02:33 AM
I hear ya Lex, I remember your pre-draft posts from last year, that's why the kidding about a stud RB.

NO 1st rd QB in 2009, agreed!

If we could draft Wells, an LB starter (Laurinaitis??!) in the 1st and Brace in the 2nd (I'd totally give a 5th to move up to get Brace) I would dance around like an idiot.

Spend the rest on a project QB, WR, OL/DL and special teams.

It's nice having a crap ton of picks to work with. Let's not forget since we have two 1st rounders next year one of them could be used as leverage to move up and get what he want this year......for better or worse.

Elevation inc
04-03-2009, 02:39 AM
Aviano?

actually yeah...you know it????

Tempus Fugit
04-03-2009, 02:47 AM
Apart from missing the point about how our schedule was tough this year and that we have no clue about next year.....

How about the 11-5 Pats, 11-5 Phins, the 9-7 Jets, the 12-4 Panthers, the 11-5 Falcons, the 9-7 Bucs, or the 8-8 Saints Oh yea those teams with an average record of 10 wins don't matter. That's just 7 out of 16 games (almost half) against winning or .500 teams outside of the division.

I didn't miss your point at all. When you analyze schedules, you get a more accurate assessment of what happened. I pointed out some of the easy games. As for the Patriots, they were without Brady. The Dolphins were a gimmick team that won only 2 games against teams above .500 (the Patriots when they unveiled the Wildcat and caught NE unprepared, and the Jets with an injured Favre in the final game of the season), the Saints were only 8-8 as you mentioned. Garcia was injured in the Broncos game.

This season, The AFC West should be at least as good as last year, and likely will be somewhat improved. The Patriots should be better. The Steelers Colts and Giants, the last three Super Bowl winners, are also on the schedule. The Broncos will also be facing the Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins and Ravens, among their opponents.

Is it possible that next season's schedule will be easier than this year? Yes, but it's unlikely.

red98
04-03-2009, 02:47 AM
If we could could Wells, an LB starter (Laurinaitis??!) in the 1st and Brace in the 2nd (I'd totally give a 5th to move up to get Brace) I would dance around like an idiot.

Spend the rest on a project QB, WR, OL/DL and special teams.

It's nice having a crap ton of picks to work with. Let's not forget since we have two 1st rounders next year one of them could be used as leverage to move up and get what he want this year......for better or worse.

Brace as the NT then?

I kinda like that.

We need a scary player in the front 7 so I'm thinking that comes in the LB
pick. Do you think Laurenitis (sp) is that guy?

red98
04-03-2009, 02:49 AM
I didn't miss your point at all. When you analyze schedules, you get a more accurate assessment of what happened. I pointed out some of the easy games. As for the Patriots, they were without Brady. The Dolphins were a gimmick team that won only 2 games against teams above .500 (the Patriots when they unveiled the Wildcat and caught NE unprepared, and the Jets with an injured Favre in the final game of the season), the Saints were only 8-8 as you mentioned. Garcia was injured in the Broncos game.

This season, The AFC West should be at least as good as last year, and likely will be somewhat improved. The Patriots should be better. The Steelers Colts and Giants, the last three Super Bowl winners, are also on the schedule. The Broncos will also be facing the Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins and Ravens, among their opponents.

Is it possible that next season's schedule will be easier than this year? Yes, but it's unlikely.

Nice use of stats dude, well done.

LoyalSoldier
04-03-2009, 02:56 AM

Or in other words if you nitpick every little flaw then it makes the schedule seem easy? Uh huh. If you did that for every schedule in the NFL the whole NFL would seem weak.

Again you still do not get it. Why don't you look at what the teams we faced this year and compare them to the year before.

New England 16-0 (11-5) -5
Jets 4-12 (9-7) +5
Miami 1-15 (11-5) +10
Buffalo 7-9 (7-9) +0
Cleveland 10-6 (4-12) -6
Jacksonville 11-5 (5-11) -6
Tampa Bay 9-7 (9-7) +0
Atlanta 4-12 (11-5) +7
Carolina 7-9 (12-4) +5
New Orleans 7-9 (8-8) +1

Difference in win totals +11. Or in other words our schedule looked easy last year and turned out a lot harder than we could have predicted.

Once again I hear someone try to predict our competition strength and I expect to be proven right for the 5th year in a row. I'll be shocked when I am not. You just can't do it especially before free agency and the draft are finished.

Tempus Fugit
04-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Or in other words if you nitpick every little flaw then it makes the schedule seem easy? Uh huh. If you did that for every schedule in the NFL the whole NFL would seem weak.

Again you still do not get it. Why don't you look at what the teams we faced this year and compare them to the year before.

Jets 4-12 (9-7) +5
Miami 1-15 (11-5) +10
Buffalo 7-9 (7-9) +0
Cleveland 10-6 (4-12) -6
Tampa Bay 9-7 (9-7) +0
Atlanta 4-12 (11-5) +7
Carolina 7-9 (12-4) +5
New Orleans 7-9 (8-8) +1

Difference in win totals +11. Or in other words our schedule looked easy last year and turned out a lot harder than we could have predicted.

Once again I hear someone try to predict our competition strength and I expect to be proven right for the 5th year in a row. I'll be shocked when I am not.

So, you missed or ignored the word "likely" in one post and "unlikely" in the other. You also ignore the impact of schedule, late personnel moves and injury. You are welcome to do so, but I choose not to.

lex
04-03-2009, 03:24 AM
actually yeah...you know it????

I havent been there but I went through Vicenza once or twice back in the day. I used to like to go to Rimini.

Elevation inc
04-03-2009, 03:26 AM
I havent been there but I went through Vicenza once or twice back in the day. I used to like to go to Rimini.

my wife is from there;)

good stuff, small world huh......

Den21vsBal19
04-03-2009, 03:32 AM

I'd be fine with 5-11 as long as we're competitive in those games

No more frackin' blow-outs!!!!!! :mad:

omac
04-03-2009, 03:37 AM

Jets 4-12 (9-7) +5
Miami 1-15 (11-5) +10
Buffalo 7-9 (7-9) +0
Cleveland 10-6 (4-12) -6
Tampa Bay 9-7 (9-7) +0
Atlanta 4-12 (11-5) +7
Carolina 7-9 (12-4) +5
New Orleans 7-9 (8-8) +1

Once again I hear someone try to predict our competition strength and I expect to be proven right for the 5th year in a row. I'll be shocked when I am not. You just can't do it especially before free agency and the draft are finished.

That's a sharp observation. Nice! :salute:

(added) It really shows how the NFL is set up to promote parity between teams.

CrazyHorse
04-03-2009, 08:46 AM
If he goes less than 8-8 like last year he is a Failure compared to Shanahan.

Nomad
04-03-2009, 08:52 AM

Well said! McDaniels is a rookie HC. Say what you will but Cutler didn't want to be part of the BRONCOS when Shanny got fired especially once Bates left. I keep reading Cutler is a 25 yr old QB which I interpret he is the equivalent as a toddler in the NFL so many give excuses and second chances. Well, I view McDaniels in the same light, give the man a chance because we were all grunts at one time.

lex
04-03-2009, 10:31 AM
my wife is from there;)

good stuff, small world huh......

Yeah, thats awesome...good for you.

OB
04-03-2009, 10:41 AM
IDK - im gonna give it time - it takes time to build a solid team and even if Jay had stayed - with this years schedule - possibly one of the toughest - i think we would have been lucky to go 10-6 - right now I think if we go 8-8 it would be a GREAT start but like i said my expectations arent too high but that doesnt really upset me

its better than expecting a playoff berth and losing our last four games :tsk:

Kaylore
04-03-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm a Bronco fan, not a whiny QB fan. McDaniels has my support until he isn't the coach anymore.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Um, considering he hasn't even coached a game yet, I think I'll give him about 2 or 3 years.

lex
04-03-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm a Bronco fan, not a whiny QB fan. McDaniels has my support until he isn't the coach anymore.

Lemming

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 11:07 AM
No one knows how McDaniels' decisions (FA moves, trades, draft, etc.) will turn out. Why? Because the regular season hasn't started! The season is where we all get to judge his coaching, the roster moves hes made, and such. But instead, he is an instant failure because he traded Jay Cutler. The Broncos will go 0-16, 3-13, move to the CFL, what ever.

So what if he succeeds? What then? He's still a failure. He can win countless Super Bowls, yet he is still a failure because many on here have their lips on Cutler's ass.

I said in other thread, if McDaniels wins the questions will lessen considerably if wins a Championship they go away. I have also said he'll have about three years, but people who think that if we go 5-11 that he'll get free pass they're sadly mistaken. It will put even more pressure on him.

claymore
04-03-2009, 11:08 AM
We have to win 9 games in order for this whole fiasco to be worth it.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 11:14 AM

Not really.

Northman
04-03-2009, 11:18 AM

Agreed to a certain extent. For me to be sold on McD as a coach he has to do better than 8-8. But, Cutler didnt want to be here so im not crying over the trade. All i want is for the Broncos to win. If that happens than all is well in Broncoland.

claymore
04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Not really.

Really. Going thru all this shit for one more win than last year is only numerically better.

If we go 8-8 or worse there will be riots in the streets.

getlynched47
04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Not really.

Uh yeah we do. Fan will kill McDaniels if we don't win this season, they will all says "We would've done a lot better with Jay Cutler under center". McDipShit needs to win NOW. He doesnt have any leniency from the majority of Broncos fans.

Nomad
04-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Not really.

At this point, many fans want McDaniels to FAIL to prove that they were right instead of giving him a chance to prove his self worth on the football field.

Broncolingus
04-03-2009, 11:21 AM
So? Despite what has transpired do you still give McDaniels a chance this year?

Absolutely...

claymore
04-03-2009, 11:24 AM
At this point, many fans want McDaniels to FAIL to prove that they were right instead of giving him a chance to prove his self worth on the football field.

I want him to win, but I hope he drops the "everyone is tradeable BS" I want to see a little loyalty towards drafted players that turn out to be good/great.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 11:26 AM

If the definition of failing or not is 8 or 9 wins in his first year, then I'm perfectly OK with that, and I will certainly go tell people who think that's unacceptable to go stick it.

Broncolingus
04-03-2009, 11:31 AM

I agree...

Good decisions or bad decisions since he came on board only time will tell, but dude certainly has some balls...

"Balls...I like balls."

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/fullstate/BlogImages/teamamerica.gary.jpg

Nomad
04-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I want him to win, but I hope he drops the "everyone is tradeable BS" I want to see a little loyalty towards drafted players that turn out to be good/great.

I wasn't necessarily saying you but I have read (in other forums) they want McDaniels gone by any means possible and hope he fails miserably.

Ever since the start of FA, the word 'loyality' went out the window, as far as I'm concerned. Coaches know if a player wants to be on the team or not and in this situation Jay made his mind up when Bates walked out the door!

But if the players (team as a whole) can't work with McDaniels and his philosophy and schemes don't work and he can't motivate the troops (players) then he'll have to go. But give it sometime and don't set the expectations too high this season. As far now with a rookie coach, "Hope for the best"

weazel
04-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Really. Going thru all this shit for one more win than last year is only numerically better.

If we go 8-8 or worse there will be riots in the streets.

nope, we are rebuilding. Shanahan ignored the defense for years and now we have people in here trying to fix it. Thats called rebuilding.

Tempus Fugit
04-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Putting a win total as a requirement for a first year coach on a rebuilding team is folly.

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 11:55 AM
nope, we are rebuilding. Shanahan ignored the defense for years and now we have people in here trying to fix it. Thats called rebuilding.

The offense didn't need to be rebuilt for the most part.

Watchthemiddle
04-03-2009, 11:58 AM

I disagree. It needs to be rebuilt in order to actually score points. Stats and yards don't win you games....TD's do.

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 12:03 PM
I disagree. It needs to be rebuilt in order to actually score points. Stats and yards don't win you games....TD's do.

Wrong the offense didn't need to be rebuilt.

claymore
04-03-2009, 12:05 PM

If we lose more games this year than last year McDaniels is a failure. We need to be in the playoffs in the first three years for him to keep his job IMO.

Shannahan didnt ignore the defense. He made some bad decisions, and got some bad advice. And that bit us in the ass.

McDaniels was hired to do one thing, and that is win.

MOtorboat
04-03-2009, 12:46 PM
If we lose more games this year than last year McDaniels is a failure. We need to be in the playoffs in the first three years for him to keep his job IMO.

Shannahan didnt ignore the defense. He made some bad decisions, and got some bad advice. And that bit us in the ass.

I'm glad your expectations are so low. :rolleyes:

weazel
04-03-2009, 12:48 PM

where in the hell did I say offense? lmao. This is getting ridiculous, you guys taht dont have an argument try to change what was said. ITs been happening for days now.

claymore
04-03-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm glad your expectations are so low. :rolleyes:

What do you mean? If the team is worse this year that equals a fail to me.

CoachChaz
04-03-2009, 12:52 PM

You could keep Shanny and Cutler and we'd still have a chance of doing worse this year. Either way, we are rebuilding and have a murder schedule. If McD gets them to 8-8 this year...it's a success

OB
04-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Really - even with Jay like coach said with our schedule and trying to rebuild the leagues worst defense 8-8 would be great

IMO if we make the playoffs McD may be a god

And how may of you are calling shanny a failure for the debacle last season - if u all wanna blame McD already for what he hasnt done doesnt shanny/cutler deserve some of the blame for what they didnt do (win 1 of 4 games at the end :rolleyes: )

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 01:39 PM
where in the hell did I say offense? lmao. This is getting ridiculous, you guys taht dont have an argument try to change what was said. ITs been happening for days now.

I didn't say you did nor am I trying to change what you said. And yes I do a legitimate argument. My argument now that Cutler is gone is that McDaniels will have about three years to turn things around; and that anyone that thinks that if the teams go something like 5-11 that he'll get pass I think think they are sadly mistaken.

CoachChaz
04-03-2009, 01:42 PM
I didn't say you did nor am I trying to change what you said. And yes I do a legitimate argument. My argument now that Cutler is gone is that McDaniels will have about three years to turn things around; and that anyone that thinks that if the teams go something like 5-11 that he'll get pass I think think they are sadly mistaken.

I wont say he'll get a "pass", but again...it all depends on the realistic level of success that can be expected given the circumstances. I'll agree...Anything worse than 6-10 should be looked at, but I'd be shocked if were that bad. I think we can repeat 8-8, but that would still have to be considered successful considering the factors

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 01:52 PM
I wont say he'll get a "pass", but again...it all depends on the realistic level of success that can be expected given the circumstances. I'll agree...Anything worse than 6-10 should be looked at, but I'd be shocked if were that bad. I think we can repeat 8-8, but that would still have to be considered successful considering the factors

I agree, if he finishes 8-8 with this schedule I could see that being looked at as being successful and especially now that Jay has been sent packing.

Broncolingus
04-03-2009, 01:54 PM
8-8 wouldnt be a step up - or down - compared to the past several years...

...it would be 'normal.'

underrated29
04-03-2009, 01:56 PM
To me it depends on what we do in the draft.

I think we MUST get a Solid RB, OLB/DE and NT. And then maybe another LB,DE,S, and CB.

If we can get 3-4 Solid Starters from the draft- then i think 8-8 is our max. If we can land peppers too, then i really think even with our schedule that we can pull 10-11.

Too early for me to tell right now...Assuming we already had the draft and this is our team- id say 4 wins. TOPS.

Den21vsBal19
04-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Putting a win total as a requirement for a first year coach on a rebuilding team is folly.
After repeated blowouts in recent years, I'll be happy to be competitive..............

Lonestar
04-03-2009, 02:37 PM

All we have to do is not get blown out like last year.

Not lose to teams we should beat up on. And come out of the draft with some great talent that is getting better each week.

I would have been happy with that IF jaysus had not gone money hungry or pining for his protector.
But that is not an option any more and hopefuuly the drama for/by him can cease......

But seeing some of these post's I can tell that some of Y'all will never get over jaysus and will waste alot of broadband telling the world why Josh is a loser...

Time to move on either with Jay or support your Broncos..... IMHO.

LoyalSoldier
04-03-2009, 02:44 PM
So, you missed or ignored the word "likely" in one post and "unlikely" in the other. You also ignore the impact of schedule, late personnel moves and injury. You are welcome to do so, but I choose not to.

No what you are doing is over analyzing. The bottom line is even without Brady the Pats were 11-5 and the Dolphins were 11-5. They were both winning teams. It doesn't matter how they did it, but the fact was they did it. If you want to find a flaw in every schedule you can.

And there is no "Likey" as we don't know the odds. Some teams could have the exact same personnel as they did the year before and stumble. Likewise a team can have the same personnel and do better.

The NFL is so up and down we have no clue how hard the schedule is.

dogfish
04-03-2009, 02:45 PM
So? Despite what has transpired do you still give McDaniels a chance this year?

what, i have a choice? like i can get a redo and have us spire spags instead?

:lol:

sure, i'll give doogie a chance-- that doesn't mean i'm just wiping the slate clean. . . as of right now i kinda feel like he's bungled things, and not just cutlergate, although that's clearly the number one factor-- i'm also not at all enamored with what we did in free agency. . . doogie's shown that he knows how to blow things up, that's for DAMN sure-- now let's see if he can put them back together. . .

if the team wins, then i'll respect him in his professional capacity. . . just like i respect the job that bellyache does. . . truth be told, i kinda doubt i'll ever like the guy, though-- my impression right now is that he's similar to belly, an egotistical jackass with no integrity. . . i don't automatically love the guy just because bowlen hired him. . . if he can put a winner on the field, great, and i'll give credit where credit is due. . . if he can't win within two years, or if the team isn't at least competitive next season, i'd like to see him sent packing and get somebody in here that's NOT from new england-- people love to talk about the pansie way and how awesome it is, but that hasn't helped anybody win with it that isn't belly. . . .

weazel
04-03-2009, 02:46 PM
come on, tell me you dont wanna see us win the superbowl and have Pat stand on the podium and hollar "This one's for Jay!"

gold Jerry, gold!

dogfish
04-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Not lose to teams we should beat up on.

that'll be REEEEEAL easy-- there won't BE any teams that we should beat up on next year. . . . :lol:

Tempus Fugit
04-03-2009, 02:53 PM
No what you are doing is over analyzing. The bottom line is even without Brady the Pats were 11-5 and the Dolphins were 11-5. They were both winning teams. It doesn't matter how they did it, but the fact was they did it. If you want to find a flaw in every schedule you can.

And there is no "Likey" as we don't know the odds. Some teams could have the exact same personnel as they did the year before and stumble. Likewise a team can have the same personnel and do better.

The NFL is so up and down we have no clue how hard the schedule is.

I'm not over analyzing anything. The AFC East had the overall best record in the AFC largely because it faced off against the two worst divisions in the NFL, but you completely ignored that. You then went to "You never know". Well, just go look back and find the last year that more than one team in the NFC East had a losing record. We may not "know", but we can certainly notice trends.