04-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Round 3? possibly 4?

2008 Stats:

RAT

YDS

TD

INT

CMP%

Alot of people dismiss Harrell as a system QB, but the upside for Denver is that he fits the system! Really good at spreading the ball around, and makes quick reads. He fits the system better than any QB in the draft IMO.

UnderArmour
04-02-2009, 10:31 PM
He's a system QB. And a bad one at that. Patrick White is a better QB than Graham Harrell.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 10:33 PM
He's a system QB. And a bad one at that. Patrick White is a better QB than Graham Harrell.

McDipShit values the "System" Quarterback more than the overly talented Quarterback. Dont know if you've noticed, but we got rid of a stud for a dud because he fits McDipShit's "system" better...

I would draft Harrell, but in like the 5th or 6th round. He won't go early.

Denver27og
04-02-2009, 10:34 PM
lets get cowher

hotcarl
04-02-2009, 10:35 PM
no i hope he leaves the country after what he did to that girl...

nj10
04-02-2009, 10:35 PM
no i hope he leaves the country after what he did to that girl...

??????????? :confused:

Buff
04-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Negative. He threw 3 interceptions to the same guy in a game against the Buffs 2 years ago. Though I'd rather have Harrell than Josh Freeman.

Italianmobstr7
04-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Negative. He threw 3 interceptions to the same guy in a game against the Buffs 2 years ago. Though I'd rather have Harrell than Josh Freeman.

Dude, that's 1 game...in College. 2 years ago! You've gotta have a better argument than that. I don't know what to think about taking Harrell. I think he would fit the system really well.

I know one thing though. All these people wanting us to draft Sam Bradford next year are crazy. Sam Bradford is a bust waiting to happen. He's got size and arm strength, and the best O-line in the nation. Any QB can be good when he has that kind of time to throw. Bradford will not be the next Tom Brady. He's going to be a bust. Mark my words.

ikillz0mbies
04-02-2009, 11:06 PM
I wonder if McDaniels will draft Chase Patton, Chase Daniels back-up at Missouri. From the reports I've been reading, Daniels' stock has been falling, while Patton's has been rising. He also has great size. One note though, Patton has never started a game at Missouri, as he has backed up Daniels his entire career. But when called up to play, Patton has been great. So since Cassel, has never started at USC, I wonder if Patton is on McDaniels radar.

nj10
04-03-2009, 09:32 PM
bump

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 09:35 PM

Harrell couldn't throw a deep out to save his life.

nj10
04-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Harrell couldn't throw a deep out to save his life.

This vid proves you wrong several times within the first minute...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JMUs5_abxo

TXBRONC
04-03-2009, 09:49 PM
This vid proves you wrong several times within the first minute...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JMUs5_abxo

I didn't see him throw any deep outs in that video. I saw mostly fades, slants and crossing routes.

dogfish
04-03-2009, 10:10 PM
harrell in the 3rd???

aww HEEEEEELL no!!

:lol: :lol:

i haven't seen a draft ranking yet that has him in the top five quarterbacks, most people have him projected as a 6th or 7th rounder. . . that would be such a reach that doogie or xanders would need shoulder surgery afterwards. . . i don't see how he's any different from colt brennan, 6th round pick last year. . . for that matter, why spend a draft pick on harrell at all when cliff kingsbury's available as a free agent, and he's pretty much the same player. . . .

EMB6903
04-03-2009, 10:11 PM

wheatley is a beast though

most likely a starter for the pats next year

sneakers
04-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Dude, that's 1 game...in College. 2 years ago! You've gotta have a better argument than that. I don't know what to think about taking Harrell. I think he would fit the system really well.

I know one thing though. All these people wanting us to draft Sam Bradford next year are crazy. Sam Bradford is a bust waiting to happen. He's got size and arm strength, and the best O-line in the nation. Any QB can be good when he has that kind of time to throw. Bradford will not be the next Tom Brady. He's going to be a bust. Mark my words.

I dunno, he did put up a pretty convincing arguement.

Buff
04-03-2009, 10:45 PM
wheatley is a beast though

most likely a starter for the pats next year

I met his parents in Dallas one time. Had my Buffs gear on going the CU vs. FSU game and they came over and talked to us.

NameUsedBefore
04-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Wait, I thought Orton was our guy?

Bwahaha.

Overtime
04-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Harrell is pretty similar to Cutler in style of play...he's a gunslinger, strong arm, and isn't afraid to take chances. might be worth a shot, especially if we can get him for less than what we paid for Cutler and get better production out of him...i'd nab him in the 3rd or 4th if he's available.

i definitely don't want anything to do with Josh Freeman...that kid has disaster and inconsistency written all over him...he's such an erratic passer...hot one minute, dead the next. he was often criticized in college for not being devoted to the team, and not working as hard as he could have.

UnderArmour
04-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Harrell is pretty similar to Cutler in style of play...he's a gunslinger, strong arm, and isn't afraid to take chances. might be worth a shot, especially if we can get him for less than what we paid for Cutler and get better production out of him...i'd nab him in the 3rd or 4th if he's available.

i definitely don't want anything to do with Josh Freeman...that kid has disaster and inconsistency written all over him...he's such an erratic passer...hot one minute, dead the next. he was often criticized in college for not being devoted to the team, and not working as hard as he could have.

Glad you're not the GM. Maybe if he's undrafted we can pick him up to come into camp and compete with Darrell Hackney for practice squad/3rd QB.

Overtime
04-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Glad you're not the GM. Maybe if he's undrafted we can pick him up to come into camp and compete with Darrell Hackney for practice squad/3rd QB.

you're joking right? I'm not saying he's the next Tom Brady...but I think he could definitely fill the void Cutler left, plus he's been a winner all throughout college...something Jay wasn't.

He's mobile, and can throw the deep ball. remember Harrell to Crabtree...now imagine Harrell to B-Marsh or Royal.....:cool:

TXBRONC
04-04-2009, 02:46 AM

Um no Harrell doens't have as strong of an arm as Cutler and from what I have seen of Harrell I wouldn't make the assumption that we would get better production let alone the same production out him.

Shazam!
04-04-2009, 02:53 AM
Um no Harrell doens't have as strong of an arm as Cutler and from what I have seen of Harrell I wouldn't assumption that we would get better production let alone the same production out him.

As posted in my Thread of 2009 QBs- http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36594

10. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech: The Red Raiders' prolific gunslinger compiled gaudy statistics while directing Tech's wide-open offense. However, his eye-popping numbers don't mask his lack of ideal measurables (scouts question his size, arm strength and ability to run an offense from under center). With Harrell's Red Raider predecessors (Kliff Kingsbury, B.J. Symons and Sonny Cumbie) failing to cut it in the league, some scouts view him as another system quarterback with limited upside...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...oks/02/10/qbs/

TXBRONC
04-04-2009, 03:02 AM
As posted in my Thread of 2009 QBs- http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36594

Mike Mayock said something very similar to this at the Senior Bowl.

CrazyHorse
04-04-2009, 09:31 AM
I'd rather have Colt Brennan.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-04-2009, 09:37 AM
We have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. All could go to defense. I'd be cool w/ taking a flier of Harell in round 4 or 5. We have a lot of picks this year. why not? who would be better at that point?

MOtorboat
04-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Uh...no.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-04-2009, 09:51 AM
excellent response

TXBRONC
04-04-2009, 10:25 AM
We have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. All could go to defense. I'd be cool w/ taking a flier of Harell in round 4 or 5. We have a lot of picks this year. why not? who would be better at that point?

I think that either this year or next McDaniels may try to draft his quarterback of the future but I don't think that guy would be Harrell.

Broncolingus
04-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Round 3? possibly 4?

2008 Stats:

RAT

YDS

TD

INT

CMP%

Alot of people dismiss Harrell as a system QB, but the upside for Denver is that he fits the system! Really good at spreading the ball around, and makes quick reads. He fits the system better than any QB in the draft IMO.

Draft no...

I'd buy him a plane ticket and come let him work out though...just to take a peek.

(...no Clay, not that kind of 'peek'...)

Requiem / The Dagda
04-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Harrell as late-day two choice wouldn't be horrible.

MadMax
04-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Advantages of drafting a spread quaterback is that he kindof knows the system. However the spread isn't that hard to learn, its why it's so successful in College. The disadvantage is that the spread makes quaterbacks look a whole lot better than they actually are so theres a huge bust risk. I say if we draft any spread qb this year its white, and only if he falls past rnd 4.

ikillz0mbies
04-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Advantages of drafting a spread quaterback is that he kindof knows the system. However the spread isn't that hard to learn, its why it's so successful in College. The disadvantage is that the spread makes quaterbacks look a whole lot better than they actually are so theres a huge bust risk. I say if we draft any spread qb this year its white, and only if he falls past rnd 4.

Very true.

As for Pat White, the chances of him slipping to the 4th round are slim-to-none. His stock as soared and some have him projected to go as high as the 2nd round. He's a very versatile player at WR-QB with a great arm. I'd love for the Broncos to draft him with one of their 3rd round picks, that is if he remains on the board.

bullis26
04-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Round 3? possibly 4?

2008 Stats:

RAT

YDS

TD

INT

CMP%

5th or 6th yes....3rd oe 4th no

bullis26
04-04-2009, 03:49 PM

0% chance of that happening.....unless he goes and gets in trouble in the next couple weeks, which i dont see happening

UnderArmour
04-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Very true.

As for Pat White, the chances of him slipping to the 4th round are slim-to-none. His stock as soared and some have him projected to go as high as the 2nd round. He's a very versatile player at WR-QB with a great arm. I'd love for the Broncos to draft him with one of their 3rd round picks, that is if he remains on the board.

White in the 3rd? Do want. He could learn QB and play WR. We could install a wildcat package. But I'm worried... Pittsburgh will take him if he's there in the 2nd.

Nomad
04-04-2009, 04:47 PM
White in the 3rd? Do want. He could learn QB and play WR. We could install a wildcat package. But I'm worried... Pittsburgh will take him if he's there in the 2nd.

That's what I was thinking! IF McDaniels was thinking of installing a wildcat formation (Wild BRONCO)he'd be a good option. I don't see any of the current BRONCO RBs fitting the scheme other than Hillis was the fullback back at ARK! I mean Miami went from a bottomfeeder to an 11-5 team with the help of that formation! just saying!!

As far as Harrell, Ole Miss answered this question!

ikillz0mbies
04-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Pittsburgh isn't the only team showing interest in White. The Patriots seem to be interested and don't count out Miami. With Miami having success in the wildcat formation last year, imagine having Pat White as a QB/WR for that offense.

UnderArmour
04-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Pittsburgh isn't the only team showing interest in White. The Patriots seem to be interested and don't count out Miami. With Miami having success in the wildcat formation last year, imagine having Pat White as a QB/WR for that offense.

You are right. But the Steelers have said that Patrick White should go in the first round. (http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Pat_White/256175) I wouldn't be too shocked if some team jumps and takes him early to mid second round.

nj10
04-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Pat White = Kordell Stewart

MOtorboat
04-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Pat White = Kordell Stewart

Graham Harrell = Kliff Kingsbury.

56crash
04-04-2009, 09:53 PM
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=2091

56crash
04-04-2009, 09:54 PM
DoDODOODODodOD

nj10
04-07-2009, 11:25 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f92d86

CoachChaz
04-07-2009, 11:33 AM
I would draft Harrell late...

...if about 10 other guys were gone.

Bomar, McGee, Patton, Painter, Davis, Cantwell, Reilly, etc.

getlynched47
04-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Try round 7

weazel
04-07-2009, 12:03 PM
I called Shanahan and he said only if Maurice Clarett is already off the board