PDA

View Full Version : Bears Fans- 'This isn't good'

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Hey Chicago fans, this isn't good
By Rick Morrissey
Chicago Tribune
04/02/2009

CHICAGO — If Jay Cutler doesn't raise red flags, Bears fans, you are color blind. From all appearances and indications, he has the maturity level of larva.

Two weeks ago, he demanded the Broncos trade him. Wednesday, he said he had wanted to stay with the Broncos all along.

On Friday, I'm guessing he will say he's ecstatic about the Bears and deep-dish pizza.

This is exactly the kind of steely resolve you want in your huddle, isn't it?

Well, you're about to get it. The Bears today traded three draft picks and Kyle Orton to the Broncos in exchange for Cutler, a 2009 fifth-round pick and a six-pack of baby formula.

Here's hoping Cutler gets his act together, but the past month hasn't been what anyone would call good.

Mind-set is extremely important in the NFL, and no one seems to have any clue what Cutler's is. On Wednesday, he talked with FoxSports.com, and it was as if he said, A guy demands to be traded and people actually take him seriously!

This has to be a land-speed record for revisionist history.

Let's try to recall the chain of events. Cutler was severely miffed when the Broncos' new coach included him in a proposed deal that would have brought then-New England quarterback Matt Cassel to Denver. Cutler pouted that the Broncos said bad things about him. Cutler insisted that he be traded.

More recently, he expressed surprise at the turn of events that put him on the trading block. He also said Denver never tried calling him over a 10-day span ending Tuesday, to which Broncos owner Pat Bowlen reportedly said: Would you care to see the telephone records?

And Cutler is the guy you want in your huddle, Bears fans?

If the Broncos wanted to punish him, they succeeded. They traded him to the Bears. He will get here and wonder where the Chicago versions of Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal are. And then general manager Jerry Angelo will have to put an arm around him and inform him the Bears don't have any wide receivers.

John Elway in his prime would have a hard time succeeding with this group.

All we have heard the past few weeks is Cutler is better than Orton. And it's true he's more talented. But I'll say it until I'm navy blue in the face: The Bears need wide receivers, not a quarterback. It's why some of us were willing to put up with Terrell Owens. Putting up with Cutler doesn't sound fun or necessary.

That didn't stop the lust for him from reaching levels that would make Pamela Anderson blush. Few people in Chicago want to look beyond his gaudy stats. In the last three games of 2008, all losses, he threw two touchdown passes and four interceptions. The Broncos had a three-game division lead with three games left and didn't make the playoffs.

Cutler was upset new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels showed him no respect. The quarterback forgot two things. First, he has been a starter for only two years in the NFL. Second, everyone in the league is a commodity and subject to the whims of the people who sign the paychecks.

It's not personal. It's business.

When it comes to throwing yourself at the Next Big Thing, Chicago is no different than any other city. Fans couldn't wait for Rex Grossman to get a chance. Then they couldn't wait for Orton to get a chance. Remember all the gushing over Orton last season until he hurt his ankle? And now fans can't wait for somebody else. Until another somebody else walks by.

The Bears decided they had to get the quarterback position right. Translation: Angelo wasn't sold on Orton and didn't want to pay him. He's about to pay Cutler a lot of money to be the leader on offense.

And those wide receivers the Bears desperately need — where will they come from when there are no draft picks or money?

Cutler said he loved everything about Denver, including the fans and his teammates. Yet he wanted out at the first hint of trouble. Why should anyone believe it will be different in Chicago?

__________________________________________________ ____________

Other Notes-

Through his first 37 NFL games, Cutler compares favorably to many of the league's all-time greats, averaging 243.9 passing yards a game with a career 87.1 passer rating. Orton in 33 games has averaged only 161.1 passing yards with a 71.1 rating.

Yet, Orton has an uncanny knack of getting his team to rally around him. He has a career 21-12 record, including 15-2 at Soldier Field. Cutler has a career 17-20 record.

I think you might be underrating Kyle's ability. I think Kyle has good ability. He's 21-12 as a starter. To me that's the most important statistic in football. It represents how he affects his team. This guy has been productive. He does a lot of things well. He's smart, he's accurate. He's a very competitive player, he's tough and he's a great teammate and we're looking forward to adding him to our roster.

The 5th Round pick the Broncos gave to Chicago was what Denver received from Seattle for WR Keary Colbert.

lex
04-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Most people are thrilled and they should be. This is the most talented QB the Bears have ever had.

Timmy!
04-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh noes!!!!! The Bears didn't just get the deal of the century, and gave up a a ton in return? Say it isn't so!!!!!!

NameUsedBefore
04-02-2009, 09:47 PM
That's strange. Bears fans seem to be blowing their collective loads over this.

To them, this is their argument:

They didn't have a QB, so one of the firsts they traded they would have used on a QB anyway. And one that would be a question mark, of course. So for them the trade is a first, a third, and Orton (lol) for Cutler.

As far as relative gains go, Chicago won this hands down.

weazel
04-02-2009, 09:48 PM
fomr what I've heard, they are happy as pigs in shit. Good for them, thats what they just got themselves into.

shank
04-02-2009, 09:49 PM
i live with a bears fan, and he's doing his best to not make me feel bad right now.

Foochacho
04-02-2009, 09:52 PM
How many picks will cutler have when he tries forcing it to a wr that can't get any seperation?:laugh:

Have fun in chi-town Cutler you douche. Go ahead and lock onto your overrated wr Hester and see what happens. Have fun trying to run from the Williams and Jared Allen twice a year. Your shit ass O-line sure won't help you much.

Lonestar
04-02-2009, 09:56 PM
some one in Chitown gets it already..

Wonder if jay will want to be traded back when he finds out they do not have any WRs and have no money to pay them..

We will take Jay and their #1 in 2011.. and turn around and send his ass to WAS for their # this year and #1 next year..

As the World Turns.. the jay cutler saga.. tune in tomorrow for the next exciting installment..

ahahahahahaha

hotcarl
04-02-2009, 09:56 PM
just to reiterate:

we HAD Jay Cutler

now we HAVE Kyle Orton

say it out loud, then again, then talk abo.. one sec....

*barf*

oh btw please close thread tia
~carl
*barf*
:welcome:

hamrob
04-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Hey Chicago fans, this isn't good
By Rick Morrissey
Chicago Tribune
04/02/2009

CHICAGO — If Jay Cutler doesn't raise red flags, Bears fans, you are color blind. From all appearances and indications, he has the maturity level of larva.

Two weeks ago, he demanded the Broncos trade him. Wednesday, he said he had wanted to stay with the Broncos all along.

On Friday, I'm guessing he will say he's ecstatic about the Bears and deep-dish pizza.

This is exactly the kind of steely resolve you want in your huddle, isn't it?

Well, you're about to get it. The Bears today traded three draft picks and Kyle Orton to the Broncos in exchange for Cutler, a 2009 fifth-round pick and a six-pack of baby formula.

Here's hoping Cutler gets his act together, but the past month hasn't been what anyone would call good.

Mind-set is extremely important in the NFL, and no one seems to have any clue what Cutler's is. On Wednesday, he talked with FoxSports.com, and it was as if he said, A guy demands to be traded and people actually take him seriously!

This has to be a land-speed record for revisionist history.

Let's try to recall the chain of events. Cutler was severely miffed when the Broncos' new coach included him in a proposed deal that would have brought then-New England quarterback Matt Cassel to Denver. Cutler pouted that the Broncos said bad things about him. Cutler insisted that he be traded.

More recently, he expressed surprise at the turn of events that put him on the trading block. He also said Denver never tried calling him over a 10-day span ending Tuesday, to which Broncos owner Pat Bowlen reportedly said: Would you care to see the telephone records?

And Cutler is the guy you want in your huddle, Bears fans?

If the Broncos wanted to punish him, they succeeded. They traded him to the Bears. He will get here and wonder where the Chicago versions of Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal are. And then general manager Jerry Angelo will have to put an arm around him and inform him the Bears don't have any wide receivers.

John Elway in his prime would have a hard time succeeding with this group.

All we have heard the past few weeks is Cutler is better than Orton. And it's true he's more talented. But I'll say it until I'm navy blue in the face: The Bears need wide receivers, not a quarterback. It's why some of us were willing to put up with Terrell Owens. Putting up with Cutler doesn't sound fun or necessary.

That didn't stop the lust for him from reaching levels that would make Pamela Anderson blush. Few people in Chicago want to look beyond his gaudy stats. In the last three games of 2008, all losses, he threw two touchdown passes and four interceptions. The Broncos had a three-game division lead with three games left and didn't make the playoffs.

Cutler was upset new Broncos coach Josh McDaniels showed him no respect. The quarterback forgot two things. First, he has been a starter for only two years in the NFL. Second, everyone in the league is a commodity and subject to the whims of the people who sign the paychecks.

It's not personal. It's business.

When it comes to throwing yourself at the Next Big Thing, Chicago is no different than any other city. Fans couldn't wait for Rex Grossman to get a chance. Then they couldn't wait for Orton to get a chance. Remember all the gushing over Orton last season until he hurt his ankle? And now fans can't wait for somebody else. Until another somebody else walks by.

The Bears decided they had to get the quarterback position right. Translation: Angelo wasn't sold on Orton and didn't want to pay him. He's about to pay Cutler a lot of money to be the leader on offense.

And those wide receivers the Bears desperately need — where will they come from when there are no draft picks or money?

Cutler said he loved everything about Denver, including the fans and his teammates. Yet he wanted out at the first hint of trouble. Why should anyone believe it will be different in Chicago?

__________________________________________________ ____________

Other Notes-

Through his first 37 NFL games, Cutler compares favorably to many of the league's all-time greats, averaging 243.9 passing yards a game with a career 87.1 passer rating. Orton in 33 games has averaged only 161.1 passing yards with a 71.1 rating.

Yet, Orton has an uncanny knack of getting his team to rally around him. He has a career 21-12 record, including 15-2 at Soldier Field. Cutler has a career 17-20 record.

The 5th Round pick the Broncos gave to Chicago was what Denver received from Seattle for WR Keary Colbert.It sure is F'ing amazing what a defense will do for a QB...wouldn't you say? Kyle Orton is one of the worst QB's in the entire NFL...but with the Bears Defense they still win games. That was completely opposite in Denver for Cutler...who won games despite his defense.

Foochacho
04-02-2009, 10:07 PM
It sure is F'ing amazing what a defense will do for a QB...wouldn't you say? Kyle Orton is one of the worst QB's in the entire NFL...but with the Bears Defense they still win games. That was completely opposite in Denver for Cutler...who won games despite his defense.

The bears defense sucked ass last year. They were barely better than us. Yet there offense scored more points than us with less offensive weapons. Get your facts straight

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Nobody called Orton Joe Montana and nobody is saying he will be a star... However, if he can be a leader and a presence and want to be Denver's QB, wants to succeed, and has hunger, he has better attributes than Cutler.

There are reasons that every QB in Chicago struggles, could it be something on Offense? Gee...

The bears defense sucked ass last year. They were barely better than us. Yet there offense scored more points than us with less offensive weapons. Get your facts straight

The Bears defense was like a throwback to 1985 compared to the Broncos. They were bad, but not Denver Broncos defense bad.

Thnikkaman
04-02-2009, 10:08 PM
just to reiterate:

we HAD Jay Cutler

now we HAVE Kyle Orton

say it out loud, then again, then talk abo.. one sec....

*barf*

oh btw please close thread tia
~carl
*barf*
:welcome:

But Oton is the second coming...

of Jake Plummer

shank
04-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Nobody called Orton Joe Montana... There are reasons that every QB in Chicago struggles, could it be something on Offense? Gee...

yeah, their offensive coordinator is horrible.

FanInAZ
04-02-2009, 10:12 PM
At first this guy was making a few good points, but then he lost all crediblity with me when he said he would rather put up with TO when Cutler.

Lonestar
04-02-2009, 10:13 PM
yeah, their offensive coordinator is horrible.

he was the guy at teh Univ of IL to tell jay he did not want him as a QB on a scholarship..

I'll bet they hoist a beer over that one..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

tubby
04-02-2009, 10:14 PM
But Oton is the second coming...

of Jake Plummer

Schweet! I like winning

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Oh no! Bears fans are epicly doomed because Jay Cutler is quarterbacking their team instead of some scrub like Kyle Orton or Rex Grossman or Brian Griese :coffee:

Foochacho
04-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Nobody called Orton Joe Montana and nobody is saying he will be a star... However, if he can be a leader and a presence and want to be Denver's QB, wants to succeed, and has hunger, he has better attributes than Cutler.

There are reasons that every QB in Chicago struggles, could it be something on Offense? Gee...

The Bears defense was like a throwback to 1985 compared to the Broncos. They were bad, but not Denver Broncos defense bad.

They were ranked 21st while we were ranked 29th they gave up only .8 points less than our D a game on average. Stats don't tell the whole story, I know our D was god awful but the bears hardly had a D that won games.

Lonestar
04-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Oh no! Bears fans are epicly doomed because Jay Cutler is quarterbacking their team instead of some scrub like Kyle Orton or Rex Grossman or Brian Griese :coffee:

I guess this coming season they can hold hands on the bench this season.. greasy can give him all the finer points of being more of a loser than he already is.. from one pro bowl qb to another..

Birds of a feather how Ironic being on the same team..

Foochacho
04-02-2009, 10:20 PM

Bet you he will throw more interceptions than Td's next year.

getlynched47
04-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Bet you he will throw more interceptions than Td's next year.

I'll take you on that bet :rolleyes:

KCL
04-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Most people are thrilled and they should be. This is the most talented QB the Bears have ever had.

Oh I don't know about that....Jim McMahon was no slouch.

weazel
04-02-2009, 10:23 PM
I guess this coming season they can hold hands on the bench this season.. greasy can give him all the finer points of being more of a loser than he already is.. from one pro bowl qb to another..

and they will both be throwing to Desmond Clark

NightTrainLayne
04-02-2009, 10:27 PM

I was a fan of McMahon, but he wasn't that great. . .he had the greatest defense of all time, and Walter Payton. ...he didn't have to be spectacular to win. He was, however, one tough Hombre.

Foochacho
I'll take you on that bet :rolleyes:

You should never go to vegas. If you willing to take a losing bet like this one. Cutler has no one to throw to in chi-town and a shitty O-line. Pace will help the line some but he can't pick up all the slack from the rest of the rejects.

MasterShake

Yup. I just trolled the Bears message board and they are practically making love to each other. They keep saying "Bear Down" whatever the hell that means.

I hope one of our defensive ends drops Cutler in the preseason game. Not enough to hurt him, you know, just BOOM. I'm going to that game in hopes of seeing it...

Lonestar
04-02-2009, 10:29 PM
and they will both be throwing to Desmond Clark

as we speak that is all..:laugh::laugh:

hotcarl
04-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Yup. I just trolled the Bears message board and they are practically making love to each other. They keep saying "Bear Down" whatever the hell that means.

I hope one of our defensive ends drops Cutler in the preseason game. Not enough to hurt him, you know, just BOOM. I'm going to that game in hopes of seeing it...

i hope everyone in the world DIES in that game, just like you said you ******* murderer.

please stop the madness
and leave the country
thank you in advance

adios mi amigo
~carlos

Denver27og
04-02-2009, 10:33 PM
this atricle was written by a denver fan

KCL
04-02-2009, 10:36 PM
I was a fan of McMahon, but he wasn't that great. . .he had the greatest defense of all time, and Walter Payton. ...he didn't have to be spectacular to win. He was, however, one tough Hombre.

Alot of people didn't like his arrogance but I thought he was funnier than hell.He sure could get Ditka fired up.

Look at his bio...he did pretty good the year the Bears won the SB.
Also he had some good years before that.

red98
04-02-2009, 10:40 PM
They were ranked 21st while we were ranked 29th they gave up only .8 points less than our D a game on average. Stats don't tell the whole story, I know our D was god awful but the bears hardly had a D that won games.

Just to keep the facts straight:

Chicago's D was:

16th in scoring (21.9 pts/game)
(Denver = 30th at 28.pts/game)

5th in yards per rush (3.4 yds per rush)
(Denver = 27th at 5.0 yds per rush)

5th against the rush in yards per game (93.5)
(Denver = 27th at 146.1)

3rd in interceptions (22)
(Denver = 31st with 6)

Denver was slightly better against the pass though.

Foochacho
04-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Just to keep the facts straight:

Chicago's D was:

16th in scoring (21.9 pts/game)
(Denver = 30th at 28.pts/game)

5th in yards per rush (3.4 yds per rush)
(Denver = 27th at 5.0 yds per rush)

5th against the rush in yards per game (93.5)
(Denver = 27th at 146.1)

3rd in interceptions (22)
(Denver = 31st with 6)

Denver was slightly better against the pass though.

Thanks for posting I just flashed over some stats and must of missed on it. But I still don't see them as a defense winning the games for Orton. He did well for what he was given on offense.

red98
04-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks for posting I just flashed over some stats and must of missed on it. But I still don't see them as a defense winning the games for Orton. He did well for what he was given on offense.

True they probably didn't win too many games for them I don't remember.

But let's not ever forget that Denver had the suckiest suck suck D I have ever seen in all possible ways.

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 10:56 PM
I'd take Chicago's defense over Denver's any day without thinking about it.

Foochacho
04-02-2009, 10:58 PM
I see plenty of bears games and here from tons of their fans. The D in chicago is not what it used to be. Stats don't tell the whole story (obviously since our D statistically wasn't the worst in the nfl, even though we all know they were).

Shazam!
04-02-2009, 11:01 PM
You've seen Denver's defense too. Stats dont tell the story how bad the Broncos D is either.

red98
04-02-2009, 11:01 PM
I'd take Chicago's defense over Denver's any day without thinking about it.

Dude, if we had Chicago's D last year we'd all be wondering who Mikey (thanks Jrwiz) would take in the draft!

But we had Bob "help to show the head coach out the door" Slowick
and a bunch of scrubs :yardog:

Medford Bronco
04-02-2009, 11:02 PM

rofllmao

maybe he should teach jay to stay away from the dog in the driveway :lol:

but remember BOTH have better QB ratings in their career than Elway.
Doesnt that make them better.:confused: yeah in the Playstation/Madden world maybe, not the real NFL

Nick
04-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Bears got a bargain... He was worth a little more value 2nd rounder plus player no 5th. Sounds like another team was willing to... Bears havnt had good luck getting a QB for ever... and there biggest hole, they have a proven player at great value.

red98
04-02-2009, 11:05 PM
I see plenty of bears games and here from tons of their fans. The D in chicago is not what it used to be. Stats don't tell the whole story (obviously since our D statistically wasn't the worst in the nfl, even though we all know they were).

I get ya. Look at the Broncos O for instance.

In the case of the Broncos 2008 D though, stats don't lie. They sucked in all categories. When I looked up the stats it just said "SUCK" next to the Broncos in each category.

I had to dig to find the numerical ranking.

Foochacho
04-02-2009, 11:07 PM
I am not denying that chicago's D is better just saying that they aren't as dominant as years past. I wouldn't be suprised if our D is better than theirs this year since we have a real D coordinator, alot of talented youth, and a ton of picks to bring in some top notch guys. Chicago on the other hand gave us most of their picks, and will probally need to use some of the picks they have to get Jay some weapons. There D may get neglected this draft.

red98
04-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Bears got a bargain... He was worth a little more value 2nd rounder plus player no 5th. Sounds like another team was willing to... Bears havnt had good luck getting a QB for ever... and there biggest hole, they have a proven player at great value.

Whatever happens in the furure, however it works out for us, I think it's fair to say that Chicago now has the best QB their team has had in a long, long time.

red98
04-02-2009, 11:20 PM
I am not denying that chicago's D is better just saying that they aren't as dominant as years past. I wouldn't be suprised if our D is better than theirs this year since we have a real D coordinator, alot of talented youth, and a ton of picks to bring in some top notch guys. Chicago on the other hand gave us most of their picks, and will probally need to use some of the picks they have to get Jay some weapons. There D may get neglected this draft.

I know dude I'm just busting on the Denver D!

Chicago, this year only gave up their 1st and 3rd and got a 5th back so they still can make some moves (their D is getting old though).

I wasn't sold on our DC but ~G set me straight on some stuff, plus I think McKid has some good ideas on that side of the ball. (we will be a 3/4 like the Pats, no "hybrid").

I think there will be more trades before all is said and done. I'm banking on the Kid bringing back the Oragange Crush rep to the Broncos before the O comes to the fore.

I'm thinking alot of young dudes being led by the vets we signed etc.

I know I am addressing more than your original point but I just chose this time to vent !! :D

( I used this news to convince the Mrs. to let me drink. I assume no responsibility for any posts) :beer:

lex
04-02-2009, 11:44 PM

Bear Down is a fight song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG8OpQyY6TI&feature=related

MasterShake
04-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Bear Down is a fight song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG8OpQyY6TI&feature=related

Oh, got it. We need a song. Bronco up or something.

SM19
04-02-2009, 11:50 PM
However, if he can be a leader and a presence

A presence? Ha! When Orton was at his best in Chicago, no one knew he was on the field.

Side note: The Bears got a double win here. Cutler went to them, and he also didn't go to the Vikings.

lex
04-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Oh, got it. We need a song. Bronco up or something.

Yeah, FWIW, I think that song predates the Denver Broncos existence. It was probably en vogue to have a fight song at one point.

Overtime
04-03-2009, 12:47 AM

too bad he won't amount to squat under Lovie's system.

red98
04-03-2009, 01:15 AM
too bad he won't amount to squat under Lovie's system.

It might be Shanny's system next year :laugh:

Northman
04-03-2009, 01:16 AM
It might be Shanny's system next year :laugh:

Might be too cold. I think Shanny goes to SD if they cant right the ship next year.

red98
04-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Might be too cold. I think Shanny goes to SD if they cant right the ship next year.

He grew up a Chicago fan but yeah he does love those tans!

I think SD has the lock on the div in 2009 but will fail to reach the SB so you may be right!

ikillz0mbies
04-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Chicago should be happy with Cutler as their QB. It gets them one step closer to making another Super Bowl Shuffle music video.

red98
04-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Chicago should be happy with Cutler as their QB. It gets them one step closer to making another Super Bowl Shuffle music video.

White men can't dance, but that didn't stop them last time, so maybe you're right!

Shazam!
04-03-2009, 01:26 AM
A presence? Ha! When Orton was at his best in Chicago, no one knew he was on the field.

Please re-read the post. Slowly.

He may not be as physically gifted as Jay but guess what? He doesn't have to be in McDaniels' system. He'll have the best offensive staff he's had in his career here.

Again- Nobody said he's a world-beater. He may not even be the Starter.

Northman
04-03-2009, 01:31 AM
Please re-read the post. Slowly.

He may not be as physically gifted as Jay but guess what? He doesn't have to be in McDaniels' system. He'll have the best offensive staff he's had in his career here.

Again- Nobody said he's a world-beater. He may not even be the Starter.

I agree. Im not saying Orton will be a success in Denver but he will have a better Oline and the wind during the winter months will not be as bad as it is in Chi-town. With some more weapons and at least an improved defense he stands a good chance at succeeding here.

Elevation inc
04-03-2009, 01:40 AM
this makes no sense, first of all first rd recivers dont work out great so the fact they cant get a reciver at 18 is just stupid, there defense is far better than denvers was.

Cutler has Earl Bennet in chicago a guy he threw to quite a bit at vanderbilt, plus devin hester, cutler will make hester a better player. they can get another stud in the 2nd or 3rd rd at wideout. they also have a beastly RB in matt forte, who is also quite the little pass catcher himself. on offense there bears are better with cutler right away.

they just signed orlando pace and while he is aging he still is a very good tackle, so chicago addressed there line issue as well.

if chicago drafts a Reciever/a Tackle and some defensive depth they could easily be looking at a NCF title.

they were rocking last year untill orton got hurt, when he went down so did there season, and then orton tried to force coming back from injury and just wasnt himself.

this deal instantlly puts chicago into conteder status, anyone that thinks differently wasnt watching last year, as QB play was the reason for there demise, yet they were still better than denver was......defense run game.....cough cough.....

the only thing we really benfit from this trade is a chance to improve our D although i believe the FO will jack that up draft day, and the fact we dont have to play cutler every year.....

Dirk
04-03-2009, 07:42 AM

:pound::pound:

BroncoJoe
04-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Even with Cutler on the Bears, I'm not counting the Vikings out of the running for the division.

CoachChaz
04-03-2009, 08:20 AM
this makes no sense, first of all first rd recivers dont work out great so the fact they cant get a reciver at 18 is just stupid, there defense is far better than denvers was.

Cutler has Earl Bennet in chicago a guy he threw to quite a bit at vanderbilt, plus devin hester, cutler will make hester a better player. they can get another stud in the 2nd or 3rd rd at wideout. they also have a beastly RB in matt forte, who is also quite the little pass catcher himself. on offense there bears are better with cutler right away.

they just signed orlando pace and while he is aging he still is a very good tackle, so chicago addressed there line issue as well.

if chicago drafts a Reciever/a Tackle and some defensive depth they could easily be looking at a NCF title.

they were rocking last year untill orton got hurt, when he went down so did there season, and then orton tried to force coming back from injury and just wasnt himself.

this deal instantlly puts chicago into conteder status, anyone that thinks differently wasnt watching last year, as QB play was the reason for there demise, yet they were still better than denver was......defense run game.....cough cough.....

the only thing we really benfit from this trade is a chance to improve our D although i believe the FO will jack that up draft day, and the fact we dont have to play cutler every year.....

I cant believe someone is actually making an argument FOR Earl Bennett and Devin Hester as recievers.

All the Bears need os to draft a receiver and a tackle? Maybe...but they just gave up that chance by giving us their picks.

CoachChaz
04-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Even with Cutler on the Bears, I'm not counting the Vikings out of the running for the division.

How could you? The Bears have a potentially great QB...o go with a mediocre line, bad recievers and a defense getting older by the minute.

BigDaddyBronco
04-03-2009, 08:26 AM
How could you? The Bears have a potentially great QB...o go with a mediocre line, bad recievers and a defense getting older by the minute.
Don't the Bears always have half of their defensive stars hurt every game?

Great defense on paper, but a shadow of what they were when they went to the Super Bowl.

BroncoJoe
04-03-2009, 08:31 AM
The Bears are going to be the 2008 version of the Broncos. Watch.

BigDaddyBronco
04-03-2009, 08:36 AM
The Bears are going to be the 2008 version of the Broncos. Watch.

It wouldn't shock me. Cutler is just one player on the entire team, what happens if his OLine is unsteady and he gets killed every game.

How many times did he get sacked again last year?

Mike
04-03-2009, 08:42 AM

Don't overlook Forte. He will take a lot of pressure off of Cutler. They also have pretty good potential at TE. Doesn't change their mediocre WR core or o-line though.

I agree that they aren't a lock to win the North, but Cutler will have them in the running.

Nomad
04-03-2009, 08:43 AM
It wouldn't shock me. Cutler is just one player on the entire team, what happens if his OLine is unsteady and he gets killed every game.

Cutler is going to Chicago with the highest of expectations as if he is already a legend. Right or wrong, he'll be playing under alot of pressure just by name alone regardless if his teammates are mediocre around him, in other words he better be able to create miracles on the field. And the NFC North plays against each other with alot of passion and intensity so the defenses are drooling to get their shot at Cutler twice a year!

Elevation inc
04-03-2009, 09:40 AM

well part of cutlers skill set is avoiding sacks he is great at it, he actually saved our interior o-line and bookend tackels a few times with his mobility. he doesnt hold onto the ball long, so coverage sacks are rare.

orton and grossman both have that problem......the good news for orton is he is coming to a top O-line to help him even more.

as for cutler i really dont think the o-line in chicago will be an issue

Thnikkaman
04-03-2009, 10:47 AM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=1808

Overtime
04-03-2009, 11:32 AM
he ain't got shahanan calling the shots on offense either. i see Chicago being changed from the Windy City, to the Interception City. Not to mention that ball gets mighty cold up in Chicago, im sure his fumblitis prone abilities will come in to play more often.

but all the Cutler supporters will say it's just too windy and that's why he throws int's up there.

NightTrainLayne
04-03-2009, 11:34 AM
he ain't got shahanan calling the shots on offense either. i see Chicago being changed from the Windy City, to the Interception City. Not to mention that ball gets mighty cold up in Chicago, im sure his fumblitis prone abilities will come in to play more often.

but all the Cutler supporters will say it's just too windy and that's why he throws int's up there.

Cutler actually does pretty well in inclement weather. I think he'll do fine in regards to the weather.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't think the weather will be a big factor/negative for Jay. He handles that better than most. But obviously, that alone doesn't guarantee his or the Bears success.