PDA

View Full Version : Did it really take those 36 points to make the deal work?

lex
04-02-2009, 08:08 PM
First of all we **** the bed. And if you want proof, just look at the fact that we actually gave up a pick. Did it really require giving up a pick worth 36 points (140th--5th Rd)? Are you kidding me? With all the people clamoring to make a deal, how does this happen? Dumb. Sorry, but the FO **** the bed.

slim
04-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Yeah, we could have traded that pick for Jamal Charles. Jamal would put us over the top...IMO.

honz
04-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Well, I doubt the FO just threw in that pick for shits and giggles.

lex
04-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Well, I doubt the FO just threw in that pick for shits and giggles.

Was there really no better deal...say, one where we didnt have to give up picks?

honz
04-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Was there really no better deal...say, one where we didnt have to give up picks?

Probably not, or they most likely would have taken it.

lex
04-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Probably not, or they most likely would have taken it.

Sorry, but the very idea of giving up picks to make it work is just a sad commentary on the front office. And actually, Scheffler said there were a couple of teams who would have offered more. Our FO is just pathetic.

Buff
04-02-2009, 08:23 PM
First of all we **** the bed. And if you want proof, just look at the fact that we actually gave up a pick. Did it really require giving up a pick worth 36 points (140th--5th Rd)? Are you kidding me? With all the people clamoring to make a deal, how does this happen? Dumb. Sorry, but the FO **** the bed.

You really have to wait and see who takes who with what pick before you can really begin to compare... Plus, maybe Cutler tears an ACL and the Bears go 3-13 and the Broncos pick in the top 5 next year...

Way too early to say anyone shit the bed here.

Tned
04-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Sorry, but the very idea of giving up picks to make it work is just a sad commentary on the front office. And actually, Scheffler said there were a couple of teams who would have offered more. Our FO is just pathetic.

I hear (is that the right usage, Carl?) the Giants have a message board. Need the address?

NameUsedBefore
04-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Maybe they convinced Denver that Orton was worth a 5th... bleh.

Timmy!
04-02-2009, 08:28 PM
I hear (is that the right usage, Carl?) the Rams and Bears each have a message board. Need the address?

Edited for accuracy.

Tned
04-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Edited for accuracy.

Oh, did someone finally hire that bozo in his avvy? The Rams?

hotcarl
04-02-2009, 08:33 PM
cutler has diabetes

close thread

lex
04-02-2009, 08:39 PM
I hear (is that the right usage, Carl?) the Giants have a message board. Need the address?

Im impressed. I thought you were too oblivious.

Simple Jaded
04-02-2009, 08:50 PM
I don't see why people are sideways with Lex, he's 100% right, even if Cutler blows out his knee with the Bears it doesn't mean he would have with Denver, that's a weak argument against the notion that the FO has f'ed this up.

A Franchise QB does not get traded for three picks and Kyle freaking Orton and there is no way to get value for a player like Jay Cutler, but Lex's point is clear. Why throw in a 5th for a QB like Orton? He's a dime-o-dozen, it's another example of Doogie and Xanahan being in over their head.

The most alarming development so far is that Doogie might have actually wanted Orton bad enough to turn down better offers, as if Kyle Orton is the answer.......this is the idiot that Denver has running the show.

Just when Shanahan had turned it around and had started drafting legitimate players instead of system players, they fire him and hire Mike Shanahan V2.0, only V2.0 hasn't proven a damn thing as a Head Coach.......and this particular unproven Head Coach has to prove that he's not just another Eric Mangini, Romeo Crennell or Charlie Wies.

The fact that Bowlen is throwing it all away for somebody so unproven is the height of stupidity.

Hopefully we do not have to deal with a decade of Bowlen's latest **** up.......

EMB6903
04-02-2009, 09:00 PM
cutler has diabetes

close thread

you cant be older than 13

no way possible

hotcarl
04-02-2009, 09:09 PM
and thats 140 posts.... (without a football comment)

Congrats!

duh, he has diabetes

take of the beer goggles, i always knew you were a raiders fan
:beer::rolleyes:

Bill Devaroe
04-02-2009, 09:12 PM
duh, he has diabetes

take of the beer goggles, i always knew you were a raiders fan
:beer::rolleyes:

I think we all jsut need to take a step back from this and get some sleep. I am going to grab a qucik shoet and get some shut eye!> No m,ore tempers, flaring here this is teh off sesaon!

hotcarl
04-02-2009, 09:15 PM
I think we all jsut need to take a step back from this and get some sleep. I am going to grab a qucik shoet and get some shut eye!> No m,ore tempers, flaring here this is teh off sesaon!

good call bill, cooler,smarter heads should prevail i take responsiiblity for trying to talk to this "person" and i apologize to him

weazel
04-02-2009, 09:35 PM

all the people clamoring [sic] ??

only two teams were rumored to make offers. WAS and CHI.

BroncoWave
04-02-2009, 09:37 PM

I would bet you money that those 2 teams were in the AFC. Do you think it's worth it to have gotten a little bit of a better deal to let Cutler stay in the conference and possibly beat up on us year after year?

Tned
04-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Im impressed. I thought you were too oblivious.

Nah, just usually ignore certain people's posts.

I'm just waiting for some riveting 'opportunity cost' posts, since I have a little case of insomnia.

Tned
04-02-2009, 09:42 PM
howdy pardner

lets dance

:elefant::welcome::elefant:

you are the worst poster i have ever seen btw but in these trying times i am willing to let it go and just call a truce

he got a 5 round because he has diabetes thats why he has a medical problem in the nfl

your problem is that you are looking past your own mental problems and pretending that you are entitled to your opions which are ovviously wrong but whatever we can agree to disagree on that one

Ok, I have to pull the Pot/Kettle card here.

:mirror:

lex
04-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Nah, just usually ignore certain people's posts.

I'm just waiting for some riveting 'opportunity cost' posts, since I have a little case of insomnia.

Well by all means ignore mine. I wont miss the double talk/flipflopping.

Tned
04-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Well by all means ignore mine. I wont miss the double talk/flipflopping.

YOU, of ALL people, didn't just accuse someone else of double talk and flip flopping. Did you? Damn, I think I must have a fever with this cold, because surely I am hallucinating!!!! :laugh: :lmao:

claymore
04-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't see why people are sideways with Lex, he's 100% right, even if Cutler blows out his knee with the Bears it doesn't mean he would have with Denver, that's a weak argument against the notion that the FO has f'ed this up.

A Franchise QB does not get traded for three picks and Kyle freaking Orton and there is no way to get value for a player like Jay Cutler, but Lex's point is clear. Why throw in a 5th for a QB like Orton? He's a dime-o-dozen, it's another example of Doogie and Xanahan being in over their head.

The most alarming development so far is that Doogie might have actually wanted Orton bad enough to turn down better offers, as if Kyle Orton is the answer.......this is the idiot that Denver has running the show.

Just when Shanahan had turned it around and had started drafting legitimate players instead of system players, they fire him and hire Mike Shanahan V2.0, only V2.0 hasn't proven a damn thing as a Head Coach.......and this particular unproven Head Coach has to prove that he's not just another Eric Mangini, Romeo Crennell or Charlie Wies.

The fact that Bowlen is throwing it all away for somebody so unproven is the height of stupidity.

Hopefully we do not have to deal with a decade of Bowlen's latest **** up.......
I would take a happy Jay over this trade, Bears lucked out. But we got some good return. Remember plummer was worth a 4th LOL.

Bottom line, I hope we succeed.

I am scared if we dont, with Pat Bowlens age his replacement could move us.

Sounds extreme, but Its my worst fear.

Tned
04-02-2009, 09:50 PM
I would take a happy Jay over this trade, Bears lucked out. But we got some good return. Remember plummer was worth a 4th LOL.

Yep, I'm thinking the Little Rock Broncos sounds pretty damn good. ;)

omac
04-02-2009, 10:43 PM

I don't think Orton is bad at all, but his status has always been to be competing with someone, either Rex or Griese, for the #1 spot. Even after the Bears had a pretty good season with him early in his career, though he didn't play too well, they still chose Grossman over him.

I'm not saying this as a knock on Orton, though; I'm just agree that we didn't have to give up a 5th for Orton, not because he's not worth it, but because the Bears could eventually cut him or give him up for much cheaper.

Look at the Miamo FO with Parcels. He didn't give up anything for Pennington. He just waited for the right opportunity, and when the Jets released him, he was a steal. Now that's a savvy FO. :salute:

sneakers
04-02-2009, 10:50 PM
I have no idea what lex is talking about.

Tned
04-02-2009, 10:52 PM
you are entitled to your opinion but i suggest you look in the mirror and ask yourself one question... " is this the day i clean up my life and get sober, can i accept that my life is a failure and that my outlet for human contact (my internet addiction) is not enough to sustain me though these trying times. maybe if i press the post button enough i can undo the years of abuse that have created me and this terrible reality that is pressing me down into this tiny over pressurized atom that is my insomniac need to continuously post until i can just explode and let out the anger and emotions that i am unable to deal with let me just push and push and explode and finally maybe someday there will be an answer and it will be peace but until then i will continue to self destruct and is that a why if so than why?"

see what your answer is, i think you need some serious help, dude...

goood luck,
~carl

Man, you gotta stop smokin whatever is rotting your brain...

Superchop 7
04-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Thats why Garcia makes sense.

Nothing to give away.

Not to mention he is better.

I would have much rather had a back-up nose tackle than a back-up QB.

lex
04-02-2009, 11:49 PM
YOU, of ALL people, didn't just accuse someone else of double talk and flip flopping. Did you? Damn, I think I must have a fever with this cold, because surely I am hallucinating!!!! :laugh: :lmao:

No, Ive busted you on it more than once and you just throw a fit of denial. Ive seen it several times and have resisted calling you out on it because I know how it makes you upset. Sorry. Its true.

Tned
04-02-2009, 11:51 PM
No, Ive busted you on it more than once and you just throw a fit of denial. Ive seen it several times and have resisted calling you out on it because I know how it makes you upset. Sorry. Its true.

You're a riot. Have you 'ever' been wrong about anything? You're accusing me of doing what you're famous for. :laugh:

Simple Jaded
04-03-2009, 12:43 AM

I'm not terribly concerned about where the Broncos play, especially now that I have zero interest in giving Bowlen another dime, but a new owner would be crazy to leave the Denver area and the new stadium.

And personally, I've never been the biggest Pat Bowlen fan, granted it started off with a childish dislike for Bowlen's fur coats, but he settled for Wade Phillips when everybody knew he was not (and never will be) HC material.......he hired Shanahan, but everybody knows that he was handpicked by Elway.......he sat back and let Shanahan's draft and free agent mistakes bankrupt him and this teams talent base.......then when Shanahan had things turned around, Bowlen fired him and hired Mike Shanahan V2.0, only this version is far more counterproductive.

I will always hold him responsible for the shape this franchise is in, not totally responsible but I believe that he is part of the problem, if for no other reason than he just sat back and watched it happen. And now he's at it again.

I won't miss a thing if the Broncos moved, especially if Bowlen keeps up the Charlie and Dick Monfort act, I wouldn't mind seeing a new owner.......moving the Broncos is not an option though, imo, for all we know they are contractually obligated to the people that bought them a new stadium.......

lex
04-03-2009, 12:50 AM
I'm not terribly concerned about where the Broncos play, especially now that I have zero interest in giving Bowlen another dime, but a new owner would be crazy to leave the Denver area and the new stadium.

And personally, I've never been the biggest Pat Bowlen fan, granted it started off with a childish dislike for Bowlen's fur coats, but he settled for Wade Phillips when everybody knew he was not (and never will be) HC material.......he hired Shanahan, but everybody knows that he was handpicked by Elway.......he sat back and let Shanahan's draft and free agent mistakes bankrupt him and this teams talent base.......then when Shanahan had things turned around, Bowlen fired him and hired Mike Shanahan V2.0, only this version is far more counterproductive.

I will always hold him responsible for the shape this franchise is in, not totally responsible but I believe that he is part of the problem, if for no other reason than he just sat back and watched it happen. And now he's at it again.

I won't miss a thing if the Broncos moved, especially if Bowlen keeps up the Charlie and Dick Monfort act, I wouldn't mind seeing a new owner.......moving the Broncos is not an option though, imo, for all we know they are contractually obligated to the people that bought them a new stadium.......

It would really suck to see the Broncos move. It takes massive incompetence for someone to fumble the sellout streak. It wouldnt surprise me if Pat managed to do that though. But with the new stadium and the history of fan support, it makes it hard to justify moving the team. I mean, does anyone really think theyll get more support for this team elsewhere. But at the same time, Im sick of seeing owners hold the fanbase hostage. The fans in Denver have done there part. Now its time for Pat to step up or sell the team.

lex
04-03-2009, 12:51 AM
You're a riot. Have you 'ever' been wrong about anything? You're accusing me of doing what you're famous for. :laugh:

More posturing. Awesome.

Timmy!
04-03-2009, 12:58 AM
Move the Broncos? LMFAO! Ya. That's going to happen.

This team could go 0-16, for three years in a row, and it would STILL have support in Denver. Sellouts? Probably not. Seriously, when was the last time you were in Colorado? I have a better chance of winning the lottery, twice, in a month, marrying Jessica Alba, buying the Chiefs, moving them to Denver and replacing their entire roster with Nut's rabbits. Wow.

RJalias
04-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Move the Broncos? LMFAO! Ya. That's going to happen.

This team could go 0-16, for three years in a row, and it would STILL have support in Denver. Sellouts? Probably not. Seriously, when was the last time you were in Colorado? I have a better chance of winning the lottery, twice, in a month, marrying Jessica Alba, buying the Chiefs, moving them to Denver and replacing their entire roster with Nut's rabbits. Wow.

Isn't it true that there is a 69,000 person waiting list for season tickets for the Broncos? Also that the Broncos since 1960 have pretty much sold out every game? Even through the Wade Phillip era? Even after we started life without Elway?

I'm sorry but the city is as much a part of the team as is the team is to the city. There is a not a chance that changes. At all.

OrangeHoof
04-03-2009, 01:52 AM
Maybe they convinced Denver that Orton was worth a 5th... bleh.

My thought as well and, you know, if that's what happened it was probably a smart thing to do. How many other guys on the market are going to do better than Orton? He's insurance for Mr. Spleenless or he may even be the starter. With no Cutler, the Broncos needed a veteran "caretaker" on the roster and Orton-for-a-5th is a decent move. Your typical fifth-rounder makes the team less than 20% of the time.